Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony 15" Essense of Phoenix Talon
Jaken decided to wear his black tee shirt with a rather large dragon printed on the back, and black on the front along with blue jeans and his normal boots. Jaken's hair flowed lazily in the breeze, and the sun glowed bright overhead. His red streaks in his hair was slightly visible as he walked. Today was a relaxing day, and the sun and warm air told him that it was as well. And he wasn't about to argue with nature. Jaken walked over to a tree, and leaned against it. He breathed the sweet summer air, and wondered how on earth could he miss his old school and the cold? A small part yearned for it, but then again, he was just warm at heart. Like his late mother. Jaken folded his arms across his built chest, and closed his stormy grey eyes. The birds sang overhead, and he listened to them, thinking of the sweet harmony.

Andromeda was still in her Gryffindor uniform after coming out of a gruelling study session with DADA. She felt she needed some fresh air so slinging her bag over her shoulder made her way across the lawn. There was alot on her mind still, between upcoming exams and the Yule Ball or in her case the lack of the Yule Ball and now her cousin being bullied. She had earlier that morning bumped into Merlina who had related to her the news that a Slytherin girl had insulted her and then dumped a pitcher of juice on her.

Andy had felt deeply for the young girl but had to laugh as her sympathy was brushed aside when Merlina went on to inform her about her 'hero'. Her knight in shining armour was apparently a Slytherin as well and had stood up for her, helped her back up off the floor and cleaned up the pitiful condition the girl had left her in. As they talked and Merlina described him in more detail, Andy could only guess that it was the seventh year Slytherin she had seen in DADA the other week, Jaken. He was the only one that came close to the description that Merlina gave her and then of course her cousin finally gave his name and Andy smiled. Promising herself that when she did see him again, if ever that she would thank him.

As she strolled out into the sunshine she wondered was this thing called 'fate' that everyone raved about have her pegged today. There infront of her was the striking and imposing figure of Jaken himself. He was nothing like Bruin of course, looked almost like the complete opposite to him but that didn't mean he wasn't handsome. Just not Andy's type of handsome.

"Hey there" she smiled as she drew nearer, "Can I have a word?"

Jaken's mind wondered back over the week. The Patronus charm had taken a toll on him. Just that single memory was strong enough to produce one. Not a very strong one, but still one indeed. However, a tiny smile touched his lips when he saw Bruin transform into a bear right in front of Jame and Professor Lloyd. That alone was comical. Something he enjoyed. What was it about this school that made him not want to be here back in his fifth year at the beginning? Estrella sure changed his mind. As well as a few other people that just made everything so warm and comfortable.

This was his graduating year. He would be out on his own, doing what he wanted to do. Just a problem, he had no idea what he wanted to do, what he wanted to be. Jaken was rather ashamed of himself. He actually thought about going against his father's wishes and being an auror. But his best subject was Herbology...not Defense Against the Dark Arts. His thoughts were interrupted by a voice, one that wasn't so familiar to him at all. His eyes opened, and stared at the younger girl. It took him a moment to figure out who she was. It's that girl...that girl with the werewolf condition. Jaken smiled gently, "Sure, what is it that you wish to speak to me about?"

Andy smiled at him as she approached and after their last meeting decided to put her hands in the air as she got closer.
"It's ok, I won't bite today" she grinned as she came to stand infront of him, the breeze blew her long hair about and she simply pulled it back behind her ears before continuing.
"I just wanted to say thank you. The girl the other day it the Great Hall, the Ravenclaw first year that you saved from potential juice drowning was my cousin. She told me what you did for her and I really just wanted to say thank you".

Andromeda still could not believe that a Slytherin had come to the rescue but she had learnt over the years that those you expect to behave a certain way were usually the ones that surprised you. She pushed her bag back a bit further, the load would most likely have been heavy for another girl her size but it was a simple walk in the park for Andy.

Jaken raised an eyebrow and wondered for a moment why she had done that, until her words. A laugh broke out of him, and he responded, "That's a good one." Jaken was a sucker for humor. Though that was when he was in a good mood like he was now. Just a break from all that studying. It was quite murdering. Jaken though did not joke about her condition. It would be most rude of him. Jaken listened, and had to recall that nasty girl. Not Merlina, but the other one. The one that seriously got on his and Hadan's nerves. Jaken had to admit, he was lucky he got there rather than his cousin. She had a temper, and held a grudge to those who lost them their house points.

Jaken chuckled, "Well, it was no problem at all. Besides, that other girl, the bully, was getting on her nerves anyway." Jaken gave a lazy shrug of his shoulders. For the nice things he did, it wasn't often he received praise, but it was nice though. Jaken had done the right thing, and stand up for the poor Ravenclaw. "Um, Merlina hasn't been in any more situations like that since I arrived, has she?" Jaken was a natural for having concern for those also.

Andy smiled and wrapped her hands around her slender waist as she allowed her gaze to drift off across the lawn to other students who were enjoying the moment of freedom before the exams.
"She'll be ok. Merlina is a tad blunt in her manner which takes some getting used to. It's an unfortunate family trait but it seems a curse of the Fiorelli's that we can't lie, she hasn't learned quite how to not speak her mind and unfortunately because she wears glasses she becomes a prime target for bullies" Andy would have loved nothing more than to have been there to sort that particular bully out herself.

"She's done nothing but speak highly of you ever since though, I'm amazed she hasn't pestered you with some Eastern philosophy like save a life and the life is yours" Andy couldn't help but laugh, it really was something her cousin would come up with as well.

Jaken tucked some of his rather long hair behind him, and couldn't keep that subtle smile off his features when she explained what Merlina has been doing and found the curse a bit odd. Similar to the curse of the Sediro/Zhefarovich family? Though they had the strange fatal accidents, and Hadan surpassed that. But that all could have been just a coincidence as well. "Well, that must be a downside of the family... and worse for Merlina I suppose." Jaken hoped that Andy wouldn't be bothered if Jaken actually did not understand it, because he didn't. Jaken could not help but laugh softly, "Well, I don't think of it as a big deal, but I guess it would be the same for anything." Jaken never viewed himself as a hero, especially out of his sort of family.

Andy thought about it for a moment and shook her head.
"It's never really bothered me, I guess I've never been one to lie anyhow but so I don't have to too my friends I have learnt over the years to simply omit the truth. Then technically I'm not lying, unfortunately your number one fan has not discovered this art form yet. Sometimes I think she likes being outrageous in her views" Andy smiled thinking about her cousin. Family were definitely important but they were so crazy as well at times.

"Oh don't let her hear you say that. She thinks it's a very big deal and actually I think it too. So honestly, if there's ever anything you need.. I don't know... just holler and I'll see what I can do. One good turn deserves another and all that" she looked at him with her amber eyes and smiled. Andy may not be the typical conventional beauty and certainly never saw herself as even pretty but in her own strange way, the almost burgundy hue of her hair alongside her pale freckled skin and amber eyes gave her an uncommon beauty.

Jaken nodded, understanding slightly more now. "Well, that is better than lying, omitting the truth." Jaken wasn't one to lie, unless it was completely and utterly necessary, or if he did not want to hurt the others' feelings or explain his own. That was just the way this Seventh Year worked. "I'm sure that Merlina will learn in time. After all, look at how old she is, unless I am wrong about her being a first year." Jaken shrugged lightly, and leaned off the tree. He stood up straight, but his arms did not leave his chest. He saw that Andy was pretty, in her own way, but that was not the same as the pretty he was attracted to. Jaken chuckled, "I guess she would..." Even though he did not see it like that. Jaken probably wouldn't have interfered if that girl wasn't aggravating him with that yelling. But then again, that yelling was what he noticed. Jaken thought for a moment, "Well, I kind of need a reason to pop up at the that dance. Care to come with me?" Jaken was not one to go to dances unless he was accompanied with someone. This time, he was actually wanting to keep an eye out for his family and of course, his little brother. That was when it occurred to him, the words were completely wrong...

Andromeda smiled indulgently because of her cousin who was more and more like the kid sister she never had each day.
"No, she's most certainly a first year and most definitely has a lot to learn" she remembered herself as a first year before and after being bitten, she had to do alot of growing up that year but hoped Merlina could enjoy her time as an eleven year old a bit more than she did.

Completely out of the blue Jaken mentioned the 'dance' and in a not so round about way even asked her to it. Andy wasn't quite certain she had heard him right at first and chose to look about her for a moment before looking back at him with her eyebrows raised.
"The Yule Ball? you want me to be your reason for going?" she wasn't sure if he had actually asked her out of necessity or want but knew for a certain that when she had ever envisioned herself being asked and lets face it what girl doesn't, she had never envisioned such an off handed manner. She was completely taken aback and actually uncertain. Sure he was as handsome as you could get but she was crazy about... and then she stopped. It didn't matter who she was crazy about, he had asked someone else. All thought of over thinking his reasons for asking her went suddenly out the window. If Bruin could go and ask someone else without thinking about her then surely she could do the same.

She'd still have to make Cyndi's bed for a whole month but that didn't matter. She would be going to her first ever Yule Ball with a pretty decent guy and that was really all that mattered.
"Sure Jaken, I'd like that actually. If you're absolutely sure that is?"

Jaken smiled, glad that his assumption was actually correct. He frowned slightly, and shook his head. Jaken muttered, "Damn, I really need to work on my wording." Jaken put his hand to his forehead, and moved the hair back. He was ashamed of how it was worded. He honestly did not know how it came out. But Jaken couldn't ask his ex to go with him. Especially if they were broken up. That would just seem absurd. Jaken was shocked when he actually accepted it. Jaken did not smile at first, and sighed. "I'm sure. As long as we agree on being friends and all. It probably would have been better to meet before the Defense Against the Dark Arts class... You know?" Jaken grinned slightly, and inquired, "Would you like me to actually ask you formally or just pretend that I didn't make a fool out of myself?" Jaken wasn't that brave, or else he would have been put in Gryffindor. Let's face it, he just sucked at wording, and tended to say things off the top of his head.

Andy couldn't help but laugh and appreciated how difficult it was to ask anyone at all. She herself had been gearing herself up to ask Bruin only to end up being too late.
"Don't stress yourself over it and sure friends it is" quite frankly Andy was amazed that knowing what he did now about her that he wanted to go with her to the Yule Ball at all. The boy intriqued her greatly and she knew that attending the dance with him would not be a dull affair what so ever. There was also no other way she would have attended the yule ball in any other context, her heart was well and truly taken and tagged so friends was all she could ever be with anyone else.

"The girl in me would like nothing better than to see you actually squirm a little and ask again but the Gryffindor in me wants to simply cut you some slack. So I think in respects for what you did for Merlina, I'll let you off the hook" she smiled at him.

Jaken chuckled, and explained a bit, "Okay, because I didn't want to stir up any confusion or whatever. Friends do attend the ball together, don't they?" Jaken was more than confused on that. Though he wouldn't have to worry about dances after this year. This would be his last time, and he was grateful for that. Though he was a very good dancer, just not in fast motion. He was skilled in ballroom type. Thanks to his mother. Jaken smirked and countered, "I'm sure I could handle saying the question more formally now. Though thanks for letting me off the hook." Jaken laughed softly. For a Slytherin, he was awfully kind, and warm. Perhaps Slytherin was not as dominant of a persona as he thought once before. Jaken was a mix of them all. "I just hope that other people will keep Merlina on check, but I think I'll just ask my cousin to. She is in...that bully's year." Jaken shrugged a bit. When he was concerned over someone, he was not afraid to hide it.

Andy's fingers began to fiddle idly with one another, she lowered her head slightly her deep red hair falling to the side. She smiled up at him after a moment with a shrug.
"I don't know. This will be my first one but I'd imagine they do" she hoped to goodness they did, that was the only thing that kept her buoyed up that whoever Bruin had asked, he may only have asked in a 'friendly' capacity and then she remembered his taking Kiera before.
"Actually friends do go together. I have to warn you though I've only had a few lessons on how to dance at these things but at least I won't be pounding on your toes. I've overcome that obstacle in my dance technique apparently" she grinned as she pushed her hair behind her ear.

"I think the fact that Merlina didn't have her wand had a lot to do with her being helpless that day. She's pretty formidable in her own right. I think if she had been in the same year as that girl, Merlina would have come out on top" Andy believed this wholeheartedly, she had been amazed at how determined her young cousin was at learning her magic spells and applying them. She turned to Jaken with a grin and pulling her hair completely back from her face, stood as straight as her 5'7" would let her.

"Alright then, go for it... the formal proper asking. It is my first yule ball after all" she winked.

Jaken grinned. So friends do take one and another. At least this brought relief to him. "Oh all right. That's a bit of a relief to know. I don't know much about Hogwarts or the Yule Ball for that matter." He had transferred from Durmstrang, back in his fifth year, knowing nothing of houses or the festivities. "It's quite all right. I'm sure you aren't the worst one there." He had this similar conversation with Estrella, about not dancing well, and it struck him in the heart. However, he managed to hide these feelings expertly. Jaken laughed, "For some odd reason, I think I believe you. Though the bully seemed all mouth and no bite." He rolled his eyes when he recalled that loud mouth. Merlin, it gave him a headache. Jaken smirked, and the Slytherin in him turned on his competitive side, knowing that he would indeed win this one. "Okay then. Would you like to attend the Yule Ball with me?" Though Jaken had to ask one more question, "Is this really your first?" Funny...this was Hadan's first as well.

Andy smiled it was nice to know she wasn't going to be the worst dancer at all there. She still had practised the dances that Aries had shown her, though it was only up till now for daydreaming purposes. She was glad that she had kept them up now though, at least she wouldn't completely shame Jaken and as Aries had told her once you have a good strong partner, the dance pretty much took care of itself.

She smiled as he agreed with her on the Merlina front and she knew she would cheer her cousin up by telling her this, though for some reason Merlina had begun questioning her intensely about some boy called Ryuu who apparently was a Gryffindor. Andy knew she had to get to know more of the younger Gryffs properly. She actually felt somewhat shy and like a proper girl being asked when he did it formally. Andy couldn't help but smile and nod her head.
"I'd love to go with you Jaken and yeah, it is my first time. Your last and my first" she grinned, "I always thought I was much too young for them and second year was pretty much bust anyhow as it was a full moon".
She was able to be so matter of fact about it as a result of the DADA class they had shared.

Jaken chuckled, and nodded. "How odd of a coincidence that is. I guess you'll have the Yule Ball to remember to all your life. Even though more than likely I'll be a faint memory." Jaken didn't view himself as a person to never forget. It was just the way he was. Jaken frowned slightly when she remembered the second year. "I'm sorry about that... one year because of the thing you have to go through." Jaken thought that if he were to mention it, then that curse would come back and bite him in the rear. Not like he would tell anyone though.

Bah! Lame!! >.<

"Goodness don't be sorry Jaken, I've learnt to deal with it, live with it. It doesn't get any easier but it's remarkable what the passage of time does to a persons pysche. I guess I'm more tolerant of myself and my shortcomings but less of that and more yule ball talk" she laughed, not wanting to mar their first proper conversation with any more werewolf talk, "I'll definitely remember my very first one. It's the last for some of my... best friends as well."

Her fingers played with the bear pendant that now dangled from her wrist. She had wrapped the chain around her wrist like a bracelet and though she missed the warmth of it on her chest, it was now never far from her fingers which tended to stray to it often now. It almost resembled a charm bracelet. She looked at him as if sizing him up for a moment and then smiled mischievously.
"I guess you'd clean up nicely, at least I hope you will".

Jaken grinned, rather relieved that she did deal with it. However, he said nothing more of the subject and decided to keep to her words. Less of that and more Yule Ball talk. She really was just like any other girl when it came to dances and such. That fact alone kept a smile on him. "Yeah, I see that. Sad. I'm guessing you are best friends with the Gryffindor seventh years, Bruin and Cyndi?" Jaken did not hang out with them much, but he wanted to now. Jaken also purposely left out Potter. Jaken failed to notice her playing with a pendant. Jaken laughed, "Trust me, I do. At least, I like to think that I do." He smirked a bit, before laughing once more.

Andromeda nodded her head and smiled.
"We're best friends, we're also team-mates and Cyndi also happens to be one of my room-mates. Kind of a tight bunch" she couldn't bare to speak seperately about Bruin, as far as she was concerned he still was the bestfriend who comforted her, listened to her, made her laugh, made her cry, made her angry, buoyed her up... she stopped her train of thought before she ended up telling Jaken no that she couldn't possibly go with anyone else but Bruin and he was already going with someone.

Instead she smiled.
"Well I'm glad you think you do at any rate. Did you want to meet there or in the entrance hall before hand? I don't know what the protocol is as like I said first time".

Jaken nodded, and grinned, "I kind of figured because of you guys being in the same house. But I'm not exactly friends with the other seventh year Slytherins." Sophia was Estrella's cousin, and had no opinion of her. Ford, he did not know. And Noah, he seemed nice enough. But Jaken was more like a man that kept to himself. And he was really hard in his studies right now anyway. Jaken smirked, "I'll impress you. Or I'll try to." Jaken scratched the back of his head, and smoothed out his hair as well. "I guess we can meet in the entrance hall. That is how I always met up with..." Jaken faded off. Like everyone else because of that magazine, he assumed that she would know who he was talking about.

"When did you transfer here then? I did come here in first year but my mother and her new husband pulled me out in second year and sent me to Durmstrang. The worst five months of my life" she sighed pushing her hair behind her ear, "Here is where all my friends were and are. They're more like family to me than anything, so I was thrilled when I got to come back for third year. Gryffindors are a pretty tight bunch I guess"
She knew that her feelings for Bruin were nothing at all like family but was certainly not going to be telling Jaken that but she did think she should own up to that much at least. Her foot scuffed the ground a little before looking up at him.

"The thing is Jaken, I had planned to ask someone else but he had already asked someone. I just wanted you to know that's all. I'll attempt to be the best possible date, I will but it's up clear from the very beginning we're going simply as friends, yeah?" she smiled and agreed that the entrance hall was perfect.
"I can make my big sweeping entrance down seven flights of stairs then".

Jaken answered, “My fifth year.” Jaken did not want to mention that he too attended. Then, he was such a bully in his fourth year, but spent the majority of his time on suspension. He caused so much trouble, and did not care a bit that he did. It was sad, but it was also the truth. “I have family in both of the schools. Though I will have to admit that I do find people here a lot more pleasant.” Jaken grinned. The Gryffindors really were close. And he liked that. “I assumed that they were.” Jaken wondered if the Ravenclaws or any Hufflepuffs were like that. Come to think of it, did he know any Hufflepuffs?

Jaken listened to her confess, and he released a sigh. “It’s perfectly fine. I would have asked someone else as well, but, I might be overstepping te boundaries. But yes, simply friends. I couldn’t ask for more, even if I did want it.” Jaken added quickly, “Not that I meant it in a bad way!” Jaken could have slapped himself again. He should just stop talking all together. “Look forward to seeing that…”

Andy looked up at him and wondered when he admitted to having family at Durmstrang if any had been in Professor Gousters DA classes when she was being tortured. Most likely but she wasn't going to ask. That was behind her now, even if she still had occassional nightmares about it. Somehow since her feelings for Bruin had grown and she had begun wearing the protective wolf and triquadra charm that became a tattoo once it touched her skin, (a birthday gift from Carlisle which was now imprinted on to the back of her neck), and since wearing the bear pendant her nightmares had lessened considerably.

"People here are great, at least I've always thought so. Don't get me wrong there will always be a handful of bullies everywhere. The world must go around after all".
As he spoke about the yule ball she smiled up at him.
"It's ok Jaken, my foot is more times in my mouth than out. I am forever saying the wrong thing at the wrong time" she looked down at her uniform before looking up at him again, "I clean up fairly ok too, I won't let you down I promise."

Jaken agreed, “They are, trust me. I always did not really enjoy the company at the old school. Bullies will be everywhere you look, but some will realize that they were wrong before and someday grow up.” Jaken himself was a bully and grew up. Jaken laughed, so she was like him in that sort of manner. Jaken nodded, “I’ll just have to wait until then to see you.” Jaken shifted his posture, and glanced up at the sky. “I think I better get inside and study more for the NEWTs coming. I’ll see you around, Andy.” Jaken grinned and started to walk to the castle, with the breeze blowing in his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back