An Afternoon Out

Scorpius Knight

OOC First Name
Abby
Wand
Elder 15 1/2" Essence of Thestral Tail Hair
Scorpius had hit it off well with Luna as soon as they first started dating. The 'morning after' their first kiss had been awkward for him because he was afraid she had regretted it, but as they talked over breakfast in the Great Hall he found that things had gone back to normal and he was able to be himself again. They spent most of their time in the Ravenclaw tower, Scorpius liked his privacy, but after a few weeks of the same scenery he grew bored of it and invited her out to the gardens for some fresh air and a change of scenery. He had managed to sneak a few items of food from the Kitchens and had a blanket laid out on the ground for them to sit on; he had planned a picnic. He sat there on the blanket waiting for Luna, all the while feeling like a sap. This girl must really be something, he thought to himself, shaking his head and smiling stupidly at himself.

For Luna, the looming doubt lasted longer than a couple minutes. It lasted about a week, but Scorpius seemed to be a great guy and ever since they had started dating they had gotten to know each other quite well. While there were a few obvious faults, there were faults with everyone and Luna didn't judge him based on these small things since none of them were as she put in her mind 'deal breakers'. The two of them had spent most of their time in ravenclaw tower talking these past couple weeks and it seemed Scorpius wanted to venture out and actually go other places other than to play the piano. Which was why Luna was currently navigating her way to the Hogwarts garden where Scorpius said he would be. When she entered the garden and plucked a couple pears off of the pear tree and searched for Scorpius, when she saw him sitting on the blanket and that he had food it all instantly clicked. He set up a picnic! she thought surprised before going to join him on the blanket. "Wow Scorpius, what a surprise!" she exclaimed smiling at him

Scorpius looked up when he heard her voice and grinned. He shrugged not knowing what to say, glad that she seemed to like it at all. "I figured lunch outside rather than the Great Hall would be nice," he explained, while thinking while everyone is in the Great Hall. So far he had only told Prince about Luna and he planned to keep it that way until he felt the timing was right with all his friends. He didn't want Jenna punching a wall and breaking her hand again or Hoshi pulling some elaborate prank on Luna. He supposed it was all his fault for leading them on in the first place but at the time he hadn't been able to help himself, it was just in his nature.

He shook all those thoughts away and focused instead on Luna who was sitting next to him now. "So how was your day?" he began, smirking at his attempt at idle small talk. He poured them both butterbeer, glad that he had gotten the food from the kitchens rather than the Great Hall because instead they'd be having pumpkin juice.

"Well you picked a good day for it." Luna responded turning her attention to the blue sky, Which had what seemed to be the perfect number of fluffy snow white clouds moving almost lazily across the sky. The breeze brought a slight chill but nothing much, overall probably the perfect day for a picnic. She was now thankful she had worn a pair of her favorite jeans rather then a skirt as she had first had on, sitting down on the ground would have been near impossible for her. She took the glass of butterbeer offered from Scorpius and took a sip of it.

Jenna had been sitting in her dorm room playing her guitar, but it didn't have very good acoustics so she figured that she would try and find somewhere else to go. Jenna ended up going outside and onto the garden, sitting on a wooden bench. Jenna hadn't noticed that Scorpius was there - of course. She was very into her music when she actually got the time to play it. Jenna began to play the song starting out gently and quietly, but as she went on her voice got stronger and better. Jenna was a great singer, she had been told this several times but she never believed this, she still didn't, she played for herself.

Breath - Anna Nallick

Scorpius drank a bit of his butterbeer as well before replying, "Yes, it seems luck was on my side," he looked up at the sky almost as a thanks. "I'm glad it isn't winter yet otherwise everything here would probably be dead," he said motioning around him to indicate the garden. He set his drink down and said, "Do you want some food?" He had gotten a little bit of everything, mostly her favorite foods, maki maki (sp?) and fried chicken and a bit of his own favorite food. He was more of a simple turkey sandwich type of guy and a plate of vegetables and fruits of their liking. He thought he heard music in the background but couldn't clearly hear it so he shrugged it off. At least it added to the serenity of this place.

"I'd hope the Herbology professor would put a charm on it to keep the plants from dying but to be honest he doesn't seem to really like plants or children at all... He's just creepy." Luna said "But enough about that do I see fried chicken?" she asked her eyes lighting up and her smile growing even bigger as she licked her lips, Luna got a bit too excited when it came to food, especially one of her favorites such as fried chicken. Her mother had gotten a craving for it when she was pregnant with Brianna and Luna had nibbled some of it off of her moms plate and it had been a favorite of hers ever since. "Do you hear music?" she asked hearing something faintly in the background.

When Jenna finished singing this song she strummed a soft transition into another song, getting slightly louder and more pronounced with it compared to her last one. Jenna loved The Cranberries a lot, they were one of her favorite muggle bands, even though they were ancient. As she played she smelled chicken, Jenna cringed slightly. As she finished playing she turned her head to see two people sitting on a blanket having a picnic. Jenna couldn't tell who they were so she murmured, "Awh how cute." Jenna couldn't help but be reminded of Scorpius, the boy seemed to look like him quite a bit, but it was too far away to actually tell who it was.

Scorpius chuckled and said, "He does seem to not care about anything. I wonder why he even bothered being a teacher," Scorpius wondered aloud. His small chuckle turned into a full laugh when her expression lit up after spotting her favorite food. "It wasn't easy getting the house elves to make me some, they said they usually only make it for dinner," Scorpius commented as he picked up his sandwich and then took a bite.

When she asked if he heard music he stopped chewing to listen more carefully. So he hadn't been the only one to hear it at first. He turned in the direction it was coming from but couldn't see the person clearly. As the person continued to play he thought the voice sounded familiar. He swallowed his mouthful and said quietly, "Wait...that voice sounds familiar."

"I don't know... His attitude towards well, Everything seems more fit for a job that doesn't require much human contact." Luna responded giving a further opinion about the creepy Herbology professor. "I haven't even had his class yet and he already creeps me out." she added. When she heard about the difficulties Scorpius had getting some of the food, mainly the chicken she said "Thank you so much Scorpius!" she said giving him a small hug "You didn't have to do that! I would have been fine with sandwiches. But I definitely appreciate this." she said happily before getting a piece of the chicken and biting into it eagerly. She swallowed the bite and then said "What?" she listened closer and heard a voice. "I wonder who it is..."

"I have him this semester and he just seems to bark orders out and not pausing to let others catch up when he lectures," Scorpius added on the subject of Professor Styx. Scorpius really didn't mind him but the fact that many others didn't seem to like him either had to mean something.

When she thanked him he hugged her back and grinned as he said, "Anytime," as if he could do it for her whenever she wanted, not caring if he got in trouble. Of course now he was known as 'the trouble maker' so it was probably best he didn't get into any trouble, but he had calmed down a bit since the fight, spending most of his time with Luna anyway.

As the music grew louder he turned and saw a blonde girl playing the guitar. He listened curiously, trying to make out the voice as he took another bite of his sandwich. Suddenly he gulped as he swallowed his food, finally realizing who that voice belonged to, Jenna. He looked back to Luna as she was eating and didn't know what to do. It was too early to suggest they leave but he didn't want Jenna seeing them.

Jenna turned back to the way she had been sitting and began to play again. This time something a little newer but still a bit older, it was one of her favorite singers, Jason Mraz. As she played she closed her eyes gently her voice becoming only a tad stronger and getting more into the song assuming that the two could not hear her even if she was singing this loud. She was painfully shy about her voice any ways.

Bright Eyes - Jason Mraz

Luna quickly finished off another bite of the in her opinion, extremely delicious fried chicken and said "Well, I don't know who the girl singing is but she has a beautiful voice." before starting into the chicken again keeping her mouth wiped off with a napkin after every bite. Yumm... Much better than walmart deli fried chicken. she thought as she swallowed. "I'll definitely have to make friends with the house elves! They sure can cook." Luna said with a smile, luckily there was no trace of food in her teeth. She heard Scorpius gulp, "Whats wrong?" she asked looking at him curiously

[All I can do is RP acting confused and eating food! lol]

Scorpius sat there not eating anything and when Luna asked him what was wrong he quickly said, "Nothing." Perhaps he had said it a little too quickly, so he cleared his throat and looked back up at the sky. "You know, there are an unusual amount of clouds in the sky, it might rain. Maybe we should take this back up to the tower?" he suggested, trying to keep quiet, as he gave Luna a hopeful smile. He avoided looking back to where Jenna was in case Luna caught on to what he was trying to avoid.

Luna looked up at the clouds and didn't seem to notice any change in the number, size or color of any of the clouds. "Erm... Nothings changed Scorpius." Luna said bringing her gaze back to him These arent even the type of clouds that usually bring rain... Whats up with him? she wondered, Maybe he isn't a total nerd like I am... I'm probably the only person who would read a whole book about clouds. I'm kind of like Klaus Baudelaire in a sense. I read up on everything. Luna thought I need to reread that series... WAIT, you're getting off of the subject.

Tyler was sitting at the lawn with some blond chick named Toni he didn't care for much when he head towards the Garden. As Tyler walked along he saw Knight with some girl. Tyler smirked and continued walking deciding not to interupt his time with the girl when he spotted Jenna. Tyler smiled unintentionally and walked towards her, hearing her sing made him smile as well. When he was behind her he leaned over and whispered in her ear, "Hey Canada." Tyler smiled inwardly then took a seat beside her and asked her, "Do you know who that girl Knight is with? I thought he liked Toni?"

Scorpius sighed in defeat. How could he have thought he'd be able to fool a fellow Ravenclaw? He gave her a small smile and said, "You're right," and took a bite of his sandwich. Maybe Jenna would just go away without noticing us, Scorpius thought hopefully. In an attempt to keep conversation going and not sound like he wanted to leave he stayed on the subject of clouds. "Since Astronomy is the study of stars, is there a specialty in the study of clouds?" he asked Luna curiously, as usual.

As Jenna began another song she heard someone whisper, "Hey Canada," into her ear, she didn't jump like she normally would she smiled and stopped playing and she said, "Hey Tyler." Jenna's heart dropped at his question and she said, "What? Where is he? What are you talking about?" Jenna felt tears form in her eyes and she stood up and turned her head towards the two and she set her guitar down gently and walked around the bench then took a few steps towards them and she saw that it was Scorpius with some girl she had never seen before. Jenna's heart dropped and she just looked at them, wanting so badly to run away, but she couldn't.

Tyler stood up when he saw the pain in Jenna's eyes as she walked towards the pair. "Canada?" He called gently, his pride hurt slightly, feeling guilty for getting Scorpius into this. Tyler walked over to her with her guitar in his hand. Tyler stood in front of his hurt friend and he put his hand around her back then said, "Jenna, it's fine." Tyler lifted his hand up to her cheek, and moved it so she could be looking into his green eyes, hoping that he could do something to get her feel better.

Luna heard the defeated sigh and raised an eyebrow. Why does he want to leave? she wondered but didn't ask. She instead decided to answer his question, "Well, Kind of... It's technically just a branch of meteorology but it does have it's own name, It's a bit of a gray area I suppose. But it's called Nephology." Luna answered Scorpius seemed to ask alot of questions about things, they were definitely two different breeds of Ravenclaw. He got his information through asking and she got hers through reading but they both had a large curiosity about everything around them. One of the major things that tied them together.

Jenna shook her head and said, "No..No it's not!" Jenna pushed past Tyler and walked right up to the two of them and shot the girl a dirty glare and she looked over at Scorpius and said, "Do you really think you could get away with hiding this from me? I liked you, and you knew it, and you flirted back with me, now your here with some girl, great Knight, bloody fantastic. Good job, you are just like Sam, I don't want anything to do with either of you, anymore!" Jenna ran away quickly, tears flowing down her cheeks as she did so.

When Jenna ran off he just looked at Scorpius, slightly fuming from anger that he had hurt her. "Not cool Knight, not cool," Tyler glanced to the girl and flashed her a smile then ran after Jenna. Part of Tyler just wanted to go back there and punch him right in the face. He didn't want 'Canada' to cry, or feel any pain at all.

Scorpius was just about to continue his conversation with Luna, they always talked about the nerdiest things, when the music in the background stopped playing. At first Scorpius took no notice and he suddenly got the urge to lean over and give Luna a kiss. His attempt was soon interrupted when he heard Jenna's voice louder than it was before. He stopped and leaned away and didn't have to turn in her direction because Jenna was standing there in front of them. Scorpius groaned as Jenna yelled at him in front of Luna. Did she really have to say all those things in front of Luna? She could've just stopped at 'hiding this from me?' and Scorpius could've played it off as another best friend upset that he hadn't told them. When she said 'bloody fantastic' his insides clenched as he thought of Taylor too. "Jenn wait!" he yelled pushing himself up to go after her, but Luna was sitting there and he couldn't just leave her. Then Tyler stood there glaring at Scorpius and he scowled back. Scorpius put his head in his hands as he realized the mess he had just created, knowing Luna would be furious at him too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back