Amazing, Isn't It?

Charmaine Zsigmond

OOC First Name
Gaux
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Charmaine wasn't pretty sure what she was doing outdoors, all she knew was that she wanted to walk around. She didn't care where her feet would take her. Well, almost didn't care since the young Hufflepuff wasn't very willing to wander through the darkness of the dungeons. Especially after her little escapade there a few days ago which she pretty much didn't want to remember. It hadn't been a very pleasant experience, thus she confined herself within either the walls of her dormitory room or the walls of the common room. She refused to come out of the said haven unless it was time to eat as she had no intention of seeing a certain person once again. The said person had reminded her of her own experience at home wherein she never thought she would experience in a magical school.

Raine wasn't a very big fan of bullying as she had been a victim of it back in her muggle school in Germany. She never did find out why her friends suddenly decided to pick on her and continuously torture her with their daily bullying. The young girl wasn't one to look for fights and she was never one interested in glory and so she had to wonder on the sudden change of attitude towards her. But, despite the bullying she had been experiencing, Charmaine had always remained silent about it, never knowing what was the right thing to do. It took quite a while before the Hufflepuff noticed that she was already out of the castle when her thoughts were stopped. It was a good thing that she was dressed for winter as she walked her way to the garden. The girl gasped as she reached the famous garden of Hogwarts. The view was absolutely breathtaking and she had to admit that despite the cold, staying for a while would be a worthwhile experience.

Matt Greene once more found himself outdoors. Outdoors, things seemed a little more normal for him. The pictures were not talking or yelling at him, the stairs would not move outside, everything just seemed normal except for the every now and then older student flying around on their broom. Matt would love to have a broom, if he could afford it that is. He did not have the galleons since he spent them all on his school things and making sure Mason could live without him to take care of those things. Mason could do a lot more than Matt was led on to believe. Matt let out a sigh and he tugged his robes closer to his body, hoping that no one would try to bump into him again. He wondered throughout the lawns, avoiding people since Matt was in a certain mood. He did not want to see or hear of anything negative, or else he would probably go ballistic. He just did not want to see things that would make him fear magic and fear for Mason's safety alone.

Somehow, Matt landed himself in the garden. He did not know how he managed to arrive here, but he also was lost in the field of flowers and other magical plants that made him feel really uncomfortable. No boy should be in here. 'What would Mason think if he saw me in here? Probably accuse me of wanting to give Belladonna some flowers,' Matt resisted rolling his eyes then. Picking flowers for girls? What did that even mean? Matt shrugged his shoulders and he continued walking until he accidentally, lightly bumped into someone while he was looking down. He mumbled, "Oh, sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." Matt would have continued walking, but then he noticed that everything looked different. Now he was really lost in the garden. Now how in the world did that happen? A look of confusion swept across his face and he shook his head.

Charmaine loved the outdoors despite always unknowingly ending up outside the confines of the different infrastructures that she would enter because she would probably would never figure out the reason for these circumstances. But even though this was always the case, Raine never feared the outdoors for she feared the confines of the indoors more for she might not be claustrophobic but she would feel that way at times. Thus, she was glad at where she found herself staying now. Not only was she with surrounded by nature but the view she was seeing within the gardens of the magic school was absolutely breathtaking and she wished that she could stay here forever.

Drowned in her thoughts, the young girl had continuously walked deeper into the gardens wanting to explore the view it would offer her some more. Walking had proved to be worthwhile as she was absolutely happy with what she was seeing but her whole being and attention was being preoccupied by the beauty of the garden that she didn't notice another person in the place, and had only noticed when they bumped to each other and heard the other party apologize. "Oh no. It's not your fault. I was too preoccupied by my thoughts," she said in a hurry, her German accent shimmering in her voice. Surely it wasn't only the boy's fault for if two people were too bump each other, they're both at fault. But for now, she didn't know what to do. Raine hadn't really had much experience with these kinds of situations and she hope that it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Matt felt that everything was sort of awkward now. She said that it was not his fault, but he was sure that it was somewhat his fault. There was something about him walking and then bumping. He was not used to apologizing, but he would here at the school, since people could probably use magic on him, and he wanted to avoid that at all costs. But being outside made him feel more comfortable and not being judged. Being out here made him feel much better. Not now with him having been rude and almost letting her take the blame. "It is not your fault either, so how about we agree that it was both of us." That would be the best solution, would it not? That was what the first year Gryffindor thought. He was still getting used to the idea to have houses and getting to know Godric Gryffindor who sounded like a hero. Someone he would never be.

Perhaps he should introduce himself or something like that. He was unsure but he was positive that she seemed like a nice girl, so why not introduce himself to her? He reached out his hand and he said with a subtle smile, "My name is Matt, Matt Greene. I am in Gryffindor, and a first year. Who are you?" Even his tone was somewhat pleasant, but he was working on it. He was getting used to the idea of having some people in his mind. The more friends he made, the better his life would be here at Hogwarts New Zealand. After all, it would take a lot to crack him into liking something or breaking down his barriers.

Charmaine had been noticing that the boy had been feeling awkward. Well, who wouldn't? After all, she too was feeling a bit awkward now for she wasn't used to encounters with males after being schooled in an all-girls muggle school. She had next to no idea of what to expect from a boy her age and also didn't know of how she should act especially after her major apology and taking the blame for the incident of them bumping into each other. "I guess it would be best." Raine smiled as she didn't expect the boy's suggestion of how they should fix the problem. She was most certainly glad for that as she wouldn't have been able to think of such a solution for their mini dilemma.

Raine had looked at the boy's hand for a moment as he had introduced himself. She was not sure if they were going to be friends from now on or something but nevertheless, she smiled and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you Matt," the Hufflepuff replied a bit gleefully. "I'm Raine. Well, Charmaine Annaleise Zsigmond, actually." The German girl had thought that it was more appropriate to tell him her full name since he had told her his. She had just been smiling a bit as she had noticed that he was not a bad acquaintance at all and that she hoped they would at least be friends. She needed friends and she knew it and perhaps the boy in front of her, Matt, would be one. "I'm from Hufflepuff and in the same year," the girl added to her introduction. She hoped he wouldn't ridicule her because of her house for she had already had enough of that from the other first years she met and she was sure that she did not want to repeat the same experience in the Garden.

Matt let out a sigh of relief when she agreed with him, and that it would be best. He did not know how to fix the problem, but it helped him out a fair bit anyway. She smiled though, and that meant that he might have been forgiven. Nothing was harmed, so she seemed to be in good shape. Matt reached around and he scratched the back of his neck, knowingly that the silence between them remained as awkward as could be. He was just not used to this at all. He heard that she said that it was nice to meet him, and how her name was Raine. Then she gave out her complete name which made him look at her as if she had spoke another language. He hoped that she did not expect him to remember that. "Um, nice name. Really long. I'll hope to remember Raine at least." His own name felt so unimpressive compared to hers. He did not have any long extensions of his name. In fact, he loathed it when someone tried to call him Matthew. He did not have that name. It was just Matt.

Raine was in Hufflepuff, and he gave a slight nod. "I have met a few nice people from Hufflepuff. Don't really understand the house business, but I suppose it is better than housing everyone in one big tower or something equivalent." Matt looked around the garden and knew that this was no place for someone like him. He did not have any sort of reason to be here. He let out a sigh and he looked at Raine. What brings her to a garden? He could always ask her or something. That might cease the silence and awkwardness. "What brings you to the gardens?" He just hoped that she did not ask him the same question since he did not have a good answer for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back