Always Golden

Chaser grinned, one around over her shoulders as he lightly kissed her cheek. "Don't worry about it. It will be fine, you'll see," he said, walking in time with the Ravenclaw. Chaser may have been unnaturally optimistic, but he had no reason not to be. Others may have been in trickier situations that he would try to sympathise with, but so far in his short life time he found it much easier to go with the flow than try to swim up stream like a salmon. She seemed to relax a little beside him, and the Gryffindor was glad that they seemed to be in a better place than they were a few minutes ago. As he followed her steps to an area that was out of the way of most of the crowds that were milling around from the days shopping trip, he considered her questions. It wasn't the first time he heard that they didn't seem related, but since they weren't blood relatives and of different nationalities it was hardly surprising. Chaser nodded his head, taking a seat beside her and resting his arms on his knees. "We're both adopted. Our parents were originally from the US, that's where they took me in when I was a kid. We moved to Korea when they fell in love with Maggie a few years later so we moved out there for her. Lived there ever since." he explained, "We were brought up in South Korea, learning both Korean and English, and then we got to choose our schools." he added. His mom was a muggle born from a family with a muggle majority, his uncles and aunts a mix of blood purities. His father was muggle and had been very confused when his mom had taken them to a magical foster home. "We have a few cousins that go to Hogwarts, so Maggie knows a couple of others at your school. I'm the only one to go to Scotland," he admitted quietly. He'd often wondered if he should have followed the rest of his family to New Zealand, but it wasn't as though he'd had a terrible time, and besides he only had a couple of years left. "How many sisters do you have exactly?" he asked, trying to push the attention from himself.

Once Chaser was sitting in a position that he looked comfortable in, Aminia leaned over and rested her head against him, hand finding his when she could. She listened to him talk about ho he'd been from the United States. Her sister traveled there often for competitions, if she remembered correctly, and said their junk food was the best around. Amoretta lacked self discipline, but did not need it. She was so naturally built and her dance kept her so, and Aminia was reluctant to admit it but it made her jealous. "That must have been so interesting, a culture shock." She replied in a quiet voice to him speaking of going to Hogwarts Scotland from Korea - two very different places. "I have two sisters. Amoretta dances Hip Hop. Amella is ballroom. We're all Veela's on my mother's side." She remarked. She'd been told she and her sisters looked like copies of each other, but she did not always see the resemblance. "Amella is very Amiable, I wish I was friendly like her. And Ret is afraid of her own shadow, but she dances well." She said, chuckling. Min moved to be as close to Chaser as possible before speaking again. "What is it like having a close friend like Linnux?" She hoped the question didn't lead to him asking why she didn't have friends - afraid if she was honest about who she was taught to be that he would find her cruel and ugly.

Even though they were in a relationship, Aminias presence still often surprised him and his breath caught in his lungs on occasion. This was one of those times as she laid her head against him, and he gently took her hand, careful not to hurt her. "If I'm honest I barely remember it. Sometimes we see our family in America for special occasions every few years but I don't know what life was like before we moved to Korea." He'd been too young to recall his early years, although moving to Scotland had definitely been a shift. "Scotland's great if you like walks in the cloud sweat," he chuckled to himself. There was more to do in Asia although Scotland certainly had the upper hand when it came to peace and quiet. He listened to her speak of her sisters, recalling the one he'd met at the market. "Do they enjoy dancing?" He asked her quietly, curious if they discreetly felt the same was as he knew did she about the career that had been set for her. As the topic turned back to Linnux, Chaser smirked a little, wondering why she even cared about the boy they'd spent a while trying to relieve themselves from, "I don't know, he's like any best mate. Annoying. Pain in the ass. But he's there you know," he added turning to look at her. Even when Chaser had spent a week in hospital after the greenhouse incident, he could always count on his dorm mate to be the one to show up each day with a sweet treat, even if they had been prank beans. "Arn't you friends with that Ravenclaw you wrote about?" He asked, trying to keep the topic light but gently trying to find out if she still liked him in a way that her poems once suggested.

Aminia grinned at his comment. "I have hear that before." She remarked, referring to the amount of rain that the land spilled. "I think Amella does, but she has feelings for her dance partner. It makes it easier that way." She spoke, holding her hand out flat against his as if measuring the difference. Her spindly fingers were not much shorter than his, but the girth of them was frail in comparison. She gripped his hand again and brought the back of it to her lips, kissing the smooth skin. "Sounds like he is a sibling." She remarked at what he said. She was about to make another smart comment when suddenly he questioned her relationship with Lennon, and she stiffened up completely. She hadn't thought he'd bring Lennon up, but there were the words. Her heart stuttered and skipped a beat. She adjusted to look away, obviously ashamed, and Mini's eyes pointed at the ground.

"We were. Sort of." She muttered. The blonde sighed. "We were really close actually, for a long time. But i was... The way I was raised was that everyone was a stepping stone, success deserves success. Nothing less than perfect. And I was fairly convinced that it was what I deserved. So when i met Lennon I used him to perfect a lot of things, like dancing. He danced with me a lot. And I used him to perfect conveying emotions that I thought were pointless to feel." She removed her hand from his and looked at her nails, obviously trying to pretend she wasn't bothered by revealing so much about herself. "But... he liked me a lot and I realized what i was doing was wrong, because I wasn't in love with him. I was hurting his feelings, a lot. And isolating him, so that I would always have someone to fall back on when I needed something." Her body language put a wall between she and her boyfriend. "He edits for the paper I write for now, and we've said around ten words to each other since. Remember when I said I was a bad person. That was what I meant." She whispered finally.

She turned to face opposite of Chaser. "But you are different if that is what you wanted to know." She finally muttered, almost too small of words for him to hear. None of what she was saying to him was out of spite, or the need to not be alone. As much as she hated it, Chaser made her feel things.

It was ridiculous thst such a small action could cause such a reaction in the Gryffindor, but Chaser blushed as she kissed the back of his hand. It was strange for him to think that anyone would want to, especially when he wasn't sure he was the type that was really built to be attractive. He was relatively short in comparison to his classmates, with wild hair and large eyes and he had a humour thst resembled marmite. He was quickly brought down from his euphoria however as Aminia began to explain the history between herself and the boy who had once been perhaps slightly more than a friend, and Chase was unsure of how to respond with true incoming honesty and frankly nerve wracking admission of manipulation. He understood it may not have been easy for her to tell him such things, but Chaser had been taught that kindness manners and respect came above most else and to hear her behaviour towards someone she claimed to like, at least in the boys eyes, had him cautious.

Her final words did little to reassure him that he was not in the same boat as her journalist friend. Slipping his hand away from the Ravenclaw, Chaser wondered if he was perhaps being used in a similar way, and tried to rack his brains as to what he could have offered her that may have attracted her attention. He'd been a friend at first in Korea, a guide, someone to distract her from her true intentions. That's exactly what he was. A distraction. The feeling of unease spread through him as he tried not to give away any signs of being uncomfortable, no longer looking in her direction. Clearly she knew exactly what she had done so what was there to say she wasn't using him now, and perhaps Maggie had been right to look out for him when she first learnt of Minis existence. He wasn't used to feeling these things, and it was even harder to joke them off as though he didn't care. "Do you think you would have spoken to me if we'd met at your school and not Korea?" He asked quietly, holding his own hands together.

The sounds of village folk passing by was all the was heard when Aminia finished and she felt her heart quickening in beat as she sat waiting for Chaser to say something. She could feel his own barrier change, the way the air around them now seemed stiff and Mini was cold under the blaze of the sun. She shouldn't have been honest, she never should have been honest she knew better than to tell people the truth of her feelings. She felt stupid, splayed out in the open and a line of tears built up behind her hazel orbs. her breathing was mildly staggered, and she remember the whole reason she'd kept her emotional distance from Lennon. Why hadn't she done the same with Chaser. Finally she stole a brief glance from the corner of her eyes.

Aminia didn't want to lose the freedom she felt when she was with Chaser. She'd just earned her wings through him caring about her, she couldn't have them clipped now. She had to fix whatever her raw honesty had done. Aminia got to her knees and moved to be in front of Chaser, rocks poking into her bony knees as she did so. She didn't care, she ignored the sting as the took his hands which were furled in each other. "Please, look at me Chaser." She begged, trying to meet his chocolate brown orbs. "I was really young when I was like this toward Lennon, I didn't know empathy, or how to talk to people in a way that wasn't using false emotions." She moved his hand forcefully to her cheek where a tear dripped over, forcing the open palm to feel at the droplet. "If you had read my poetry out loud in my school my reaction would have been the same. I swear. And if our dinner had been in the great halls when you walked me up to my towers and stopped outside my dorm portrait I still would have kissed you back." She said, her eyes begging him to believe her. Her eyes begging him to understand that she wasn't using him. "Please don't go because I made a mistake in my past." She finally finished, the tears now rolling down her cheeks, eyes closed too afraid to look at him anymore, preparing for him to get up and walk away.

Chaser was frozen in the seat on the floor as Aminia tried to convince him to stay. He considered how much of an expected response thst would be from someone trying to control his emotions, playing with his own heart in a bid to satisfy why she needed most at the time. He reallynjadnt known Mini too long and as he listened to her explanations he was torn between which conscience to believe, and which to follow. He allowed him to move by her, but refused to meet her gaze, his solemn face staring at the floor beneath them. He wanted to believe what she was saying but it had only been a few months ago thst she referred to this friend or hers as such, and the Gryffindor was at war with his thoughts. They were in secret now weren't they, hidden by whatever wall she felt he needed go hide behind.

Chaser felt sick to his stomach, the ice cream he'd recently eaten filling his system as though it had been a gallon he'd just consumed. He out himself out on the line with no reason not to assume the worst in people unless proven otherwise. "I don't know what to say," he said honestly, wanting nothing more than to return to a place of joy than sat on the floor with her in tears he was unsure were genuine. "How do I know this isn't part of it?" He asked nervously.

Aminia sat back from him. She thought on his question for a moment, and finally after coming up with an answer she spoke quietly. "Because I need you to." She spoke. "I would never had told you the truth if I knew it would cause you to not trust me anymore, but i felt you deserved to know who I was, and who I am trying so hard to be. Chaser, I will spend every day of my life proving to you that I am not who I was if I have to." She relaxed sitting on her own legs now. "I really care about you, and I like your dog, I like your weird sense of humor and your museum aspiration. I enjoyed sitting at home this year from the Yule ball to write about you, I wrote about you." She no longer broke eye contact, desperate for him to feel the honestly in her voice. She moved forward and wrapped her arms around him. "I don't want to lose the best friend I've ever had, my favorite weirdo. Please believe me. I would never do anything to hurt you or anyone ever on purpose. Not knowing how bad it feels. I swear. I swear on my freedom as a writer, on my own two feet as a dancer, what do i have to do to make you believe me that I'm telling you the truth." She laughed emptily. "Do I need to punch Linnux again?" She asked, trying to bring back at least some semblance of the Chaser she had begun to accrue feelings for.

Chaser was a fidgit. He had enough energy to power a wind turbine at the bar of times and given the words he was hearing his girlfriend speak of needing him to understand she was telling the truth, the fifth year was being swept up in one of the strongest hurricanes of his season. He felt her arms wrap around him and he wanted to hold her and tell her everything was fine, but he struggled to find the words. The tone of her voice was wearing him down, and perhaps if was the pull of her Veela powers that she had an effect on him that made it difficult to pull away, but Chaser was unable to convince himself fully that he was part of a larger plan. His legs were moving as his heels tapped the floor, trying to collect his thoughts as she continued to beg for his friendship. Chaser paused for a moment, eventually shaking his head. There was no need. No need to get to Linnux involved and no need for her to continue her pleas. Chaser turned his head to face her, his eyes scanning her faces so close to his own he could see the marks that his reaction had caused to her, but only five words escaped him as he spoke softly. "You think I'm a weirdo?" He asked, one side of his mouth lifting a little and the subtle glaze in his eyes giving off the briefest of contentment as if it were the peak of a complimentary standard for any 15 year old Gryffindor.

Aminia could practically feel the nervous energy radiating off her boyfriend. Was this it? Was he going to get up and walk away from her. Aminia swore if he did she'd never tell anyone the truth behind her feelings again. Not as a punishment to him, but one to her for being so dumb as to trust someone would still look at her the same. Finally he looked at her, looked her in the eyes and saw the product of her tears. She'd never cried this much for anyone, her parents would have surely locked her away if she had been a cry baby. She wondered if he was searching for a way to tell her he was done with her, and her harsh tones, and her sad eyes. However he didn't instead he asked a question that brought a rumble of laughter from her chest to her lips. "The weirdest I've ever met." She spoke before closing the gap between then and kissing him. She wanted him to know that in that moment that it was just him and her, she cared only about him. That she was honest and open - no matter what that brought. She only hoped their time wouldn't be cut too short when his obnoxious friend, and the two young girls returned. After all she enjoyed sitting, and kissing her boyfriend.

If the fifth year was completely honest, it terrified him to see her so upset in front of him and because of him. He could see the tears running down her cheeks, but sat there unable to give any sort of support in the form of either his words or comfort. He didn't seem to have to though as Min kissed him, and he reciprocated nervously as though he was still unsure if this was the best thing to be doing right now. The Ravenclaw seemed to appreciate that he'd given her a chance to prove herself, and while it made Chaser uneasy to think about how she treated an old friend he didn't want to judge her completely on previous actions. They'd all done things in their past they didn't want to repeat, and given how private of a person she seemed to be with her thoughts and feelings in her poems, hidden away from everyone's criticism, he didn't think she would have told many people the things he'd just heard. Chaser didn't know how long they'd have and was secretly hoping that between the shopping trio they had enough between them to keep them busy for a while. The Gryffindor's thoughts were quickly dissolved as she kissed him, and feeling a little awkward in their positions but too nervous to move, he finally began to relax a little against her. "You, wrote, about me?" he asked between kisses, smiling a little as he wondered what she'd have to say about him. "What as, the, dashing blonde?" he added, one of his hands finding hers and entwining their fingers together.

Aminia had never fought for anything, or with anyone in a way that was meaningful. Any fight she'd ever had was out of spite, words meant to hurt the other, when she and Chaser discussed their feelings it was different. She found he was logical in his worries, and she didn't fight him on them, she only knew she needed to prove to him that he was different. That she had changed. The blonde moved her seating to the side completely, knees curled up so that she could sit closer to him, so that she could kiss him with easier access. His question caused a faint heat on her cheeks and the bridge of her nose, and she smiled into the kiss before breaking apart. "Dashing might not be the word." She spoke chuckling, glad to entwine her fingers with his. "Maybe I'll let you read my poetry more some day. But not any day soon. It's not good enough yet." She laughed, kissing his hand as she had done before. Her bloodshot eyes, red and raw from crying, met his before she planted one more kiss on his lips, the hand the wasn't being held finding his cheek, pulling the Gryffindor forward and deepening the kiss if only for a moment. When finally breathless she relased him, "Thank you for giving me a chance, and letting me be honest. I always want to be honest with you." She spoke in a quiet whisper, eyes closed and lips mere inches from his. The teen had never felt quite comfortable with anyone the way she was no, and wondered if this was what falling in love was like. Young or not, she knew her heart beat quickened for him, and that was enough to keep her dreaming.

Linnux and the girls had returned to the treats shop after buying some books and Chocolates, but there was no sign of the beautiful girl whom was with his beautiful best friend. "Wait here." He spoke to Pippa and Maggie, expecting to find them being less than appropriate for two eleven year old girls to see. The brunette made his way along the street, listening for the two of them. It wasn't until he noticed a little nook off the side of two buildings that he found his best friend, very cozy with his lips on his grilfriend. Linnux was going to hoot at them, but his grin grew quite larger when he thought of a better plan. Quietly he reached into a satchel - not purse, satchel - and pulled out the small device. Taking a small step closer, he snapped a photo with the flash on, aware that it would alert the couple. Not that it mattered. This would surely be a great conversation piece.

Chaser was lost for words, not for the first time while around the Ravenclaw as she kissed him, his mind only able to focus on the one thing in front of him. He grinned, recalling the day they'd met when he had picked up her notebook of poetry, and despite what she told him he didn't believe that she wasn't good enough that she had to hide her work away, "Oh come on," he teased. If she was able to open up to him about how she was feeling, he hoped that one day she'd be able to show him the rest of her poems but settled right now for just being able to spend time with her and have her talk to him without being constricted. "I'm glad you told me," he added as they pulled apart for a moment. Chaser didn't always know what the right thing to do or say was, but if his parents had taught him anything is what communication was important, and whether it was the words spoken or the things left unsaid, it would influence their relationship. He crossed an arm over his lap, adjusting his position so he could be more comfortable as he sat so close to his girlfriend.

Chaser had heard from others that when you were falling in love you could just tell, and while he hadn't ever felt the way he did around Aminia and he'd often passed off the idea that it was even true, it was hard to deny what was happening to him. He opened his eyes to look into hers, as he saw a flash in the corner of his eye. He turned his head, his face and heart dropping in his chest as he realised who was stood behind the camera. It took Chaser a moment to catch his words before he called out to his friend. He wanted to stand up and take the camera from him, take whatever proof of their relationship Linnux had managed to capture but he wasn't sure leaving his position on the floor would have been the wisest move for the boy with a friend like Lin. Chaser glanced around the fifth year, both wishing his sister didn't catch them as they were and hoping she'd be a distraction to allow him to move.

Maggie had been quite happy to follow Linnux around Brightstone, and she came to realise that although she and Pippa may not have had a lot in common but it was certainly nice to have someone around who was of her own age, and understood the position she was in as a first year. Maggie had managed to purchase the books she needed for her second semester, and while she'd been tempted by a couple of the animals in the pet shop, she wasn't entirely sure if she would have been able to look after them while she completed her homework. Eventually it was time to head back to her brother, although if it was her choice she would have stayed out for longer. She rarely got the chance to hang out with people she thought she could talk to, and being around Linnux had reminded her of being at home. During the first few weeks at Hogwarts, Maggie had become quite homesick, and seeing the older Gryffindor had awoken those thoughts, and the Hufflepuff didn't want to leave quite yet.

As she followed Linnux back the way they'd come earlier in the day, it didn't take them long to find her brother and his girlfriend tied up to the edge of the street. She gave him a small smile, unaware that Linnux had just managed to take a photo of them both. It was a bit strange to see him so close to someone, but of all the people in the school at least it was someone like Aminia. She lurked behind the others, waiting to see whether they'd be able to get more eyecream before they headed back to the school.

Aminia's hand had found Chaser's hair shortly into the next set of kisses. Her lips were swollen, eyes shut tightly, and that was the position she was found in when a Camera flashed. The blonde looked up in shock to see the bass-mouthed brunette holding a camera. Her eyes went wide for a moment and then quickly she tucked her head into Chaser, her face a flushed color. It was as if she was trying to hide by pressing her porcelain skin against his chest, and in that moment she heard Chaser's heartbeat. It was wild, crazy like the boy she'd just been kissing, and she wondered if he knew how closely it matched hers, if he knew just how fast he made her heart beat. She hid in his chest eyes closed as if it would make the annoying Gryffindor go away, her arms wrapped around his waist the best they could be hopefully without knocking the boy over. In Russian she muttered swears under her breath. Finally she peaked over Chaser's shoulder only to notice now his sister was there. How much of the moment did they see? So much for not discussing what happened with his friends, if she was going to put the kisses on display. Fine.

Moving from his shoulder, one arm still placed behind him in the gravel the girl grabbed hold of the back of Chaser's head and kissed him again, leaving the two behind them to stand alone, after all, it was unfair they'd get to choose to end their moment alone.

Linnux was laughing so much he had to lean over. The picture was held in his hand, however when Maggie rounded the corner Linnux instinctively became a little more sober to the situation. His hands flew over her eyes and his mouth dropped open as the girl proceeded to grab the back of his best friends head and smash her lips into his. At first Linnux choked on his own laughter. Then he swallowed and closed his mouth. "Merlin you two get a room, there are children around." He glanced back to see Pippa looking in their direction and shook his head. She sat down in her place and looked at the table, and Linnux continued to cover Maggie's eyes. "But take your sister home first!" He exclaimed, turning his back on the pair, face red from what he witnessed.

Chaser spotted his sister lurking behind Linnux, and he let out a small groan as he felt Mini's head resting against him. Instinctively he nestled against her head for a moment, after getting caught in the moment and not wanting to break what they had by the arrival of the others. He felt her pain and shift of embarrassment, although that quickly faded when she took his head in her hand and began making out with him harder than she had before. Chaser wasn't sure whether he was awkward or elated at the the turn that had been taken, and knowing just how hard Linnux had been teasing him in the weeks leading up to this moment, Chaser grinned into her, both his hands sliding up and into her hair to make it as dramatic as possible for their audience. Perhaps it would give Linnux what he needed and if he already had the photo that he could later add to his photo collection, then the fifth year decided to make the best of their situation. The confidence that Min gave him was enough not to care about those beside him, and while he could hear Linnux's voice and laughter in the background he wasn't going to waste the chance that presented itself in the moment. A few minutes later, he broke away, catching his breath and opening his eyes to gaze into her amber pools before turning his head to Linnux, giving him the cheekiest grin over Aminia's shoulder as he knew he wouldn't hear the end of it once they'd returned to school.

Aminia didn't hesitate to make the most of one of the most spontaneous moment between she and Chaser. It was like suddenly she finally let go of any eyes around her, adn let go of the sounds of the world. Kissing wasn't the most scandalous thing in the world, people kissed every day. However the reserved Ravenclaw never imagined kissing the way she did when she was with Chaser. Her lithe fist balled up on the ground behind him, allowing his to grip her by her smooth locks, allowing the public to see the display without a worry. There were a million thoughts that blasted through the teens head, but the most important one surrounded how great it felt to let go of caring what people thought for once in her life.

The dancer had never been so breathless in her life as she was when their lips parted. Aminia didn't want to break any part of what was happening. She didn't want to stop feeling as free as she did when she was with Chaser. Her parents could have been right besides the two of them and Mini doubted she would have cared. The blonde caught her breath shortly after, her gold eyes settling on Chaser, and a small smile appearing on kiss-plumped lips. Her hand reached up to stroke the boy's cheek and she laughed slightly. She would have apologized if she thought that Chaser needed one, but the goofy smile on his face suggested otherwise. "You better get that picture back." She muttered, before standing up and offering to help him up. She knew that they had to part ways now, it was late. Goodness only knows how long they'd spent kissing in that corner before they'd been discovered, considering now the late December sky was starting to turn orange. It didn't matter though, Aminia wouldn't rather have spent her time doing anything else. As she said goodbye to the boy and his group of companions, slugging his friend on the arm with a glare, and hugging his sister, she felt her heart flutter in her chest. A chaste kiss on Chaser's cheek, and she headed back to where she was staying, happier now than she'd ever been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back