Always Golden

Pippa had been enjoying her time with her cousin, Linnux, as a chaperone. She'd told him all about the new songs she'd been playing, although when asked to preform she shyly denied - not wanting to mess anything up when she played in front of someone. She had been jabbering away about classes after being asked a question when Linnux inturrupted, swearing at something he couldn't believe. "Linnux! That's not a good word!" She hissed at him, though it was obvious he hadn't been listening. Instead she dashed after him after realizing that he'd taken off toward the Table. Upon getting closer she slowed down, standing around three feet away. She recognized Maggie, and the older girl was someone she'd seen at least once she was sure, but the boy while familiar also looked different. Everything around her slowed down, watching his face when Linnux put his head in the headlock, his brown eyes, his floofy hair - like hers. He was... perfect.

Aminia listened to Maggie, and her brows furrowed at her statement. "Oh my goodness, that is cute. It is Hufflepuff. But i like the way you say it better." She said with a giggle. She had been about to comment asking what Dungeons and Dragons was, when suddenly someone ran up behind Chaser putting him in a headlock and telling them to run. Quick tempered a part of her Veela blood, the Ravenclaw stood up. "Let him go." She spoke, but the boy only grinned at her in response. Aminia stood up and pulled back her small fist before releasing the tension into the face of the person whom was choking her boyfriend. She didn't care if it was a joke, it ignited her to feel protective, something she wasn't used to feeling.

Maggie felt a little surprised to hear her own house be corrected by the older girl. She'd been calling it that since the beginning of term and no one had bothered to correct her until now. She heard others pronounce it slightly differently but she'd thought she was just mishearing. The first barely had time to react though when a new voice approached them, and she turned her head to spot a familiar boy approaching their table, the girl she'd recently befriended from her dormitory to whom she gave a small smile. She knew her brothers best friend well enough that while she was surprised to see him, she wasn't even remotely surprised to see him greet Chaser with a head lock. She hadn't even registered it to be something of an issue until Aminia stood from her seat, and punched the poor kid before anyone else could get a word in edge ways. Both the Hufflepuff's hands flew up to her face, covering the surprise at the sudden explosiveness of the situation. She'd never seen anyone hit anyone for real before, and she glanced in her brothers direction to see which side he'd take. Maggie herself felt torn between a girl who'd tried to defend her brother, and the Gryffindor she called a second sibling. It took her a few seconds to react, but her instinct weighed a little heavier with Linnux, and leaving her seat she moved to see if the older boy was okay, figuring Chaser could focus on his angry girlfriend.

Chaser snorted at Maggie's pronunciation, although it was kind of cute that there were a few instances of her language barrier making it difficult for her he appreciated it when the Ravenclaw corrected his sister. Chaser was about to speak when he felt something warm suddenly around his neck, catching him off guard and as his hands flew to the arm that had restrained him, he tried to glance up to see what was going on. After a second of panic he realised it none other than his dorm mate that he thought he'd managed to leave at home, and he didn't have any time to speak before Aminia stood over them, ready to clobber him right there. "No!" he shouted, a second too late as he heard her fist make contact with the guy stood behind him. Instantly Chaser felt the arm release him, and the boy seemed to be watching the world in slow motion for a few seconds as he looked between his best friend and his girlfriend, the two younger girls in the corner of his gaze. As Maggie approached Linnux, doing as best as a twelve year old could to see if he was alright, Chaser looked across to Aminia. "I, er, this is er," How was he meant to get out of this, he was so used to playing the joker that faced with a potentially serious situation just confused him and his eyebrows were raised as his mouth gave off an expression of disbelief. He would have played it off that he had no idea who Linnux was if they'd met in any other circumstance, but given that Aminia just smack him make him think an honest answer would suit best. "Aminia, Linnux" he said dumbly, waving a hand between the pair. "Aminia's my girlfriend, Linnux is er, my, friend, from Scotland." he said shyly, hoping that both parties would forgive one another. Chaser hadn't expected Aminia to be so defensive, and he found himself taking a step towards her, one hand finding hers as the other slipped round her waist, cautious that she might have tried to attack his mate again.

Linnux watched the blonde get defensive of Chaser, and couldn't help but smile. She had such a small frame, there was know way she could - smack - her fist connected with his jaw and the teen fell backwards onto the ground. He splashed out in a dramatic fashion, staring up at the sky. For a moment He couldn't talk as Pippa and Maggie checked on him. "Mate I think I'm in love, d'ya play quidditch." He asked, tilting his head up to look at the blonde. Her golden eyes glaring down at him as she whispered to his friend. "Ya'd make a proper good beater." He finally said standing and giving Maggie a bear hug, lifting her off the ground briefly. "You've grown an inch. Be as tall as your brother soon." He remarked laughing, rubbing his sore jaw once he released her. "Just a friend, thought I was your first love." He teased, looking playfully hurt.

Pippa watched in shock as the blonde at the table punched Linnux. Though she felt perhaps he should have let go when she told him to. Pippa approaches her cousin in concern, only to roll her eyes at his reaction. "You deserves that." She turned to say hello to Chaser, wondering if he'd remember her. However when she did she watched him get cozy with the blonde at the table. The tall, slender, sleek haired blonde. Pippa felt her heart fall in her chest, sinking to her stomach, and rather than saying anything more remained quiet.

Aminia hissed in pain when she pulled her hand back. She didn't realize punching someone could also hurt her. If she had bruised knuckles when her parents visited she'd be in trouble. Aminia looked from Chaser to the boy and her rigid posture relaxed. "I am so sorry." She apologized, only slightly remorseful considering the words out of the teens mouth as he stood. "I dance. Not broomstick games." She replied, for a moment struggling with her English as she became overwhelmed by the situation. She turned to Chaser and pulled him a little closer, her hand giving his a squeeze, only to cause her to wince. "Sorry for the... misunderstanding. I thought you might be, a robber." She spoke, shrugging and hoping it cleared things up. Though now she wondered if she had ruined things between her and Maggie since she seemed to be close to the brunette teen with the big mouth.

Maggie looked down at Lin as he lay spread out on the floor. If she were any taller or stronger she would've offered him a hand up, but he seemed similar to her brother in that he bounced up almost as fast as he was knocked down. She grinned as he hugged her, wrapping her small arms round his neck for a moment, pleased to see the boy again, even if he was one of the most annoying people she'd met. "That would not be very hard," she joked to the brunette under her breath. She was already coming up to her brothers shoulder and he had nearly four years on her. Once Maggie had been returned to the floor, she turned to look to Pippa who looked equally concerned for her cousin, although it didn't escape the Hufflepuffs notice that she was also staring at her brother. "Hi Pippa," she offered her dorm mate a small smile, hoping that her gaze would be broken. Apparently today was everyone-loves-Chaser day, as the Korean looked between those in her current company.

"Mate, I did warn you." Chaser spoke to Linnux, referring to their recent date at the Yule Ball, although in this case it was him he'd touched. He turned back to Aminia to see her wincing at his hold, and glancing down Chaser losened his grip just a little on her hand as to not make it any worse. "Don't worry about it, he'll live." he told her. Chaser had been shocked to see the strength behind which she'd defended him, but Linnux had been through worse and was still here to tell the tale. Chaser looked at his girlfriend with an expression of admiration, lingering on her features as he only felt himself become more entwined in her magnetism. Chaser turned to look at his best friend, wondering what havoc his presence was going to cause them now, and raised his eyebrows as if to question why he'd interrupted them at all. He was certainly going to regret this when they got back to Scotland. "Apparently Linnux doesn't know how to greet a first love in the appropriate way," he commented, immediately regretting his comment, ducking behind Aminia in case he were to try and prove his point. "Don't do it man, I'm shielded now," he said with a provocative grin, sending Linnux a quick flash in his brows, glad that he and Aminia were of a similar height and she'd already proved herself to be worthy of defending him from this beast of a Gryffindor. He glanced down at the smaller girl as his sisters side, giving her a small nod, not wanting her to feel left out, "Hey Pips, want to help a guy out?" he said, before looking back at Linnux. He'd barely spoken to the girl and wasn't comfortable giving her quite the hug his friend had given his relative, but he recognised her from the family pictures he'd seen at their house.

Linnux laughed. "No, you said if I touched her, you would kill me. I didn't lay fingers on your girlfriend." he said in a mocking tone, though the glare from the golden eyes student made him stop short for a moment. He smirked when Chaser referred to him as a first love. "i suppose since you aren't embarrassed to tell the world about our feelings I'll forgive you." He spoke, though he inched forward as if to make chaser flinch and convince him he was going to tackle him. He had no intentions of doing so whilst he was hidden behind Aminia. "I'm Linnux Majors, this is my cousin Pippa. I've heard very little about you because Chaser hides your letters and wont let me see them." He held out his hand, and when the girl took it, he kissed the back of her palm, feeling clever in a way, shooting a glance at his friend. He wasn't taking anything seriously at this point, after all Chaser and Aminia had only just started dating, it wasn't as if they were madly in love. And it wasn't as if Linnux would honestly step in the way. "No way would Pippa betray me!" He laughed, wrapping his arms around his cousin a little too tightly. "Besides she's like three feet tall, what's she gonna do." He teased her.

Most of what snapped Pippa away from the nauseating scene was Maggie, and she turned to her newest friend and smiled. She gave an awkward wave, not yet comfortable hugging her. "How are you?" She asked, trying to break away from the current conversation between the three older students. However Linnux and Chaser seemed eager to include everyone, and Pippa turned against her cousin quickly, gently stepping on his foot so he'd let go. "I'm 4'9"!" She remarked indignantly, face a little red that he'd embarrass her like that in front of Chaser. "Besides that, it's funnier to take his side!" She remarked quietly, smiling at Maggie as if that was the right thing to say.

At what Linnux remarked about Chaser defending her without her in earshot, the girl became a gentle pink in the face. He'd beat on his own friend for her? She felt flattered and smiled to the boy at her side. "It is nice to meet you, I am glad my identity is safe with Chaser, wouldn't want people thinking he was up to no good." She remarked, giving Chaser a look that suggested perhaps being with her was exactly that. Being with her was like being with trouble in her mind, but Chaser didn't seem to think so or he didn't mind. Aminia extended her hand, only to be dismayed when the boy kissed the back of it. She quickly wiped the spot on Chaser's shirt and then adjusted the way they were standing. She slipped her arm around his waist to close a gap, hand into his back pocket to secure him there so she didn't feel he would leave her with this hooligan. when the petite blonde exclaimed her height, Aminia held in a chuckle - she reminded herself so much of her younger sister. They looked different but acted much the same. "I am glad Maggie has friends in Pufflehuff, that way I do not have to sneak her into Ravenclaw with me." She remarked to the girls. She then turned to Chaser. "So the spot of first love was taken by that?" She inquired teasingly.

Maggie looked on as the older students seemed to bicker amongst themselves, as though it was a challenge between the boys to see who could be the most obnoxious. Maggie sighed, crossing her arms over her chest as she listened. At least she had one person to talk to though, "I am okay, it is good to see you both again," she said honestly with a small smile. Maggie giggled when her height was commented upon too, and watched as they started to tease Pippas cousin. It didn't look as though Linnux had too many people on his side at this point. Maggie wandered up to her second brother. It was funny seeing everyone gang up against him but Maggie had spent the last portion of her afternoon listening to Chaser and his new girlfriend, and quite frankly was pleased for the change in the atmosphere. "That is not a very friendly to do Chaser," she grinned across to him, teasing that any good best friend would share every intimate detail with their closest buddies, even if not their siblings. For whatever reason, the Ravenclaw seemed pleased that no one knew they were together, but Maggie nodded when she mentioned she had a friend, and blushed a little at the reminder that she mistook her own house name for so long. "Chaser and Linnux often have sleepovers so I would not be surprised," she added, teasing the feathers a little bit. This afternoon was turning out to be quite amusing after all.

"Hey, hey, hey I said no touchy," Chaser said quickly as his friend kissed Aminias hand, slapping Linnux's hand away. Luckily he didn't expose the few facts of the Ravenclaw he did know, and he wanted to be careful to keep it that way. He shrugged at Aminia, of course he'd kept all the correspondence he'd received from her, but apart from that one letter he'd managed to keep them under lock and key. Chaser grinned at Pippa when she took his side, "See, you can't even convince your own cousin your playing for the right side," he winked at Linnux, his arm sliding round Aminia's waist as she pulled him into a sideways hug. He felt her hand on his butt, and jumped a little at the touch out of shock more than anything else. Linnux had touched the butt on multiple occasions but this was different. "You have to humour him," he said quietly, smiling to the Veela beside him. "There's a reason I've not told you about Linnux yet, although I'm pretty sure it's clear why," he added, nodding in the direction of the boy. He turned to face his sister though when she piped up about their sleepovers, "Wow okay, throw me under the bus why don't you," he said playfully hurt, although secretly glad his sister seemed to be engaging more in the group. He looked between the faces of those around him, wondering if he was going to be able to get any peace with those he'd actually come to meet. "Don't you guys have like, important stuff, to be purchasing?" He asked, widening his eyes to Linnux in the hopes he'd get the hint.

Linnux grinned for a second. "I didn't realize you two had made such close friends that you would betray me. How rude." He remarked to his cousin, crossing arms over his chest and pouting as a little kid would. His hand sore from being smacked away, he couldn't help but find everything humorous about the situation. He then looked to Maggie. "Aha! See she's taking my side!" He insisted, picking Chaser's sister up with ease, he held her facing them as if she were a guard dog, before setting her down so she was standing in front of him, much the way Mini was in front of Chaser moments ago. Only it was much harder for Linnux to duck behind her. "Hey what happens in Chaser's bedroom stays in Chaser's bedroom, am I right?" He asked, tapping the arm of his grilfriend, obviously still ignoring Chaser's request, a dopey smile on his face. "Yeah, Pips and I just gotta make a run for some of her books, Maggie would you wanna come with for a bit so you and Pippa could hang out. Of course I know you've missed your smelly brother." he remarked, shooting Chaser a grin.

Pippa laughed at her Cousin's reaction, his ridiculous behavior easily breaking her from her sour thoughts only a moment ago. The blonde watched Maggie become a human shield and shook her head. She didn't completely understand the conversation going on, but the blonde became excited at the potential of Maggie coming along with them. She looked to her new friend, a wide smile on her face. "It would be so much fun! We'd bring you right back!" She smiled, hoping to get some girl time without Linnux and Chaser's... whatever she was. It would have been better if Linnux and Aminia left somewhere else and the two girls were to be watched by Chaser, but she would take what she could get in the social aspect.

Aminia couldn't help a giggle that Chaser was in defense of her, it was adorable. Almost as cute as his jump at their contact. She removed her hand, not wanting to make him too obviously uncomfortable. "Do not worry, Chaser I am not jealous of you two." She whispered back, still teasing the friendship. She didn't quite understand the relationship, she didn't have any close friends like they were, but she knew that people did and thus tried hard not to judge as she would have years ago. Aminia was trying to grow and separate from who she had been and this was just one more step. She had been about to speak once more, when Linnux caught her attention and tapped her arm. The blonde shrugged her arm away, giving a look to the brunette, her arms crossing over her chest. She glanced at Chaser as if he'd elaborate exactly what the words were supposed to mean, but it was clear from a shift in demeanor that Mini drew her own conclusions from context.

Maggie let out a tiny welp in surprise when Linnix moved her in front of him, but she instantly warmed to her new role. She widened her stance, putting both her tiny hands on her hips and dramatically glared at the other front of her. "You shall not pass!" She quoted through narrowed eyes, as though she'd even be able to stop anyone getting to Linnux if that was their intention. The joke of the bedroom was lost of the Pufflehuff who was oblivious to the context, she after all had be part of the games on occasion. Sometimes when Linnux and Chaser would play their video games in his room, she would win purely because the boys were too distracted trying to blind each other behind her, leaving the youngest of the trip free reign to take ahead. She considered his proposal, and while she had missed Chaser alot he would be around for a few more days, hopefully one of which she'd have time alone with him too. "Alright," she nodded, she could use some books. She clambered forwards between the seats of the ice cream parlour to throw her arms round her brothers waist, squeezing him tightly for a few seconds. She broke away and did exactly the same thing to the girl standing beside him. She had looked after Chaser at the end of the day, "I will see you later." She smiled at the both, before returning to Pippas side, glad to have a potential new friend at the school.

Chaser had been thinking the day was flonf quite Well, at least it had been until Linnux opened his big mouth again and suggested something that could habe easily been misconstrued. What they had was nothing like that at all, bit he felt the energy of the girl beside him change somewhat and he risked a few glances I'm her direction, his stomach dropped as he knew he was in trouble. "Thanks mate," he said quietly, ready for them to leave already. He gave Maggie a hug in return, riffling her hair as she moved across, taking him by surprise as she hugged Aminia. " If I were you I'd follow Pippa instead of him," he mentioned under his breath to her. He trusted his best friend but that didn't mean he always had to like him. Chaser turned to the Veela beside him, small nervous chuckles escaping him. "He's kidding Min." Chaser wasn't sure how he was meant to prove It, but hopefully I'm time she'd realise this was Linnuxs normal speech. "Ignore him, he's just jealous that no matter how extravagantly he dresses no girl will go near him with a barge pole," he added, purposely loudly so that the Gryffindor would hear him. Chaser pulled Min a little closer, hoping she wasn't actually mad at his comment, and planted a kiss on her shoulder. "Do you want to walk?" He asked her, glad for the chance to get away from the others.

Linnux grinned st his little defender, but it faded quickly when he realized Chaser seemed mildly upset. Perhaps it was all a ruse though. He grinned, Pippa hopping over to him at the mention of Maggie actually coming along, smiled. "I'll take care of her. Lots of sugar and a new screech owl, yeah?" He asked the girls with a large smile, leading them away from the couple. He shot a look back at Chaser, and thankfully the blonde was looking away. He mouthed the word 'd*mn' before he was on his merry way, cousin and Maggie in tow.

Aminia was not one to openly discuss real emotion, but she had tried hard to change and become a better, more open person - and negative emotions were included in that. She could not just allow herself to stew until frustration and anger took her over. The blonde looked at Chaser, who chuckled nervously. If what Linnux said was only a joke what was it that made him so nervous. "Yes let us walk." She said, not wanting to make a scene in a store front. Those however were the only words she said until they were out of war shot of most people, walking away with arms crossed over her chest. Once she felt they were fairly safe she turned to Chaser. "Have you told Linnux that you and I are..." she trailed off, her cheeks immediately red with embarrassment. It wasn't as if Aminia didn't see their relationship moving along eventually, but she and Chaser had only just begun dating, and she didn't want any of Chaser's friends thinking she were easy.

Chaser was grateful when Aminia decided to walk with him, but turned back to look over her shoulder to Linnux when he began to lead the younger girls away. With the Ravenclaw's back turned he chose to swear with his hand at his best buddy, since he'd managed to cause a wedge between the couple with his words. No doubt he would get him back later but right now his attention was focused on Min as they walked together, and it made the Gryffindor more than a little nervous when he realised she seemed to be genuinely upset at his friends behaviour, although that quickly stemmed into his own as well. His arm had been around her moments earlier but once they'd begun to move and she seemed to be more hesitant. It was quickly clear though with her question, and stepping in front of his girlfriend he tried to catch her gaze in his own, "No, obviously not." he began with a smile, feeling the embarrassment flush to his face even as he said, although it was completely uncalled for. He'd barely given away any details of their relationship at all and even though the fifth year loved to joke around he was being completely serious when he spoke to the Ravenclaw. He wasn't going to make excuses for his friend, he loved him as though he was his own brother, but he stopped Min in her tracks, both his hands resting on her shoulders. "Linnux was just making a joke. I haven't told him anything," he said honestly, hoping that she wasn't about to leave him in the street right there. "I wouldn't do that, okay?" he asked, unsure of how she'd take his response. "Me and Linnux joke a lot but it doesn't mean anything." he added, his own cheeks flaring up a little as he was unsure of how to resolve the situation.

Aminia looked at Chaser when he stood in front of her, her arms still crossed over her chest, obviously not fully trusting of his words. The relationship in itself was so foreign to Aminia. When she had toyed with Lennon's emotions, everything else was different. She wasn't supposed to be hurt because she was in control. While she was with Chaser there wasn't any control. instead it was a raw emotion, of genuinely liking someone, and caring about their opinions. Aminia nodded and wriggled past his hands on her shoulders, and while her arms were still crossed she moved to press against him, forehead on his shoulder. "I am sorry for being angry." She spoke quietly. She finally moved her arms and hugged Chaser. Choosing her words in her brain before speaking again. "I like you a lot, and I have never had a boyfriend or really let myself be close to someone so this is very new for me. And it is not as if I do not... want to kiss you and things, but I do not want anything, even hugging, being talked about." She tried to explain herself. She didn't talk much about Chaser at school. "I don't mean to say that I do not want others to know we're together, I just... I do not know I guess." She spoke shrugging, and pulling out of the hug. "I want to hit your friend a little. I hope that's alright." She remarked, laughing slightly.

Chaser may have been new to relationships, but that didn't mean he was new to realising what was the right thing to do. He loved to joke and play, but lying wasn't in his vocabulary. He felt empathetic towards the Ravenclaw as she rested against him, and Chaser nervously put his arms around her. "It's okay, I'm not going to tell anyone." Chaser had known from the offset that what they had was something that wouldn't be easily taken by all if word got out, and he'd already put up with a lot of questioning from his dorm mate, not willing to give him any information he could use later. "I don't want to make anything difficult for you Min, I get it." he said, likely stroking her back, although he chuckled at her last comment. "You're welcome to hit Linnux as much as you want," he knew he certainly did too, although his face softened a little, "He's my best mate at school and he drives me crazy, but he's a good guy." Chaser had no idea if the pair would get along in the future, and he didn't want it to be a wedge in their relationship. The fifth year decided he'd had to have a word with his friend next time he saw him, but right now he leaned back to peer at Aminia, "Hey, at least my sister seems to be warming to the idea of us," he urged with a smile, trying to keep the mood light.

As Chaser spoke the soft hum of his chest was soothing to the Claw, and her heart which had quickened with irritation slowed. She felt her body untense completely after a while. "Thank you for understanding. I promise once I tell my parents it will not be an issue." She spoke quietly, though was grateful to change the tone from serious to light, and avoid the subject of her wanting to tell her parents. After all there was really no telling how the serious people would react to her being in a relationship. In fact her older sister whom was in her twenties still hadn't been in a relationship because of dance. As they separated, Mini's golden orbs searched Chaser's for any sign that any of his previous words were a lie, and she found none. "Yeah, she is sweet. It is so weird though. I would not have ever guessed you two were related. Do you have different parents?" She inquired, realizing there were going to be things she'd be learning about Chaser for months to come she was sure.

Aminia glanced around and nodded her head to a small nook between two shops, far enough off to the side to keep them secluded. Sure he would follow she made her way into the area and sat on the ground, not particularly caring about the dirt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back