Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Willow Wand 14" Unicorn Tail Hair
Charlotte had been invited to this party, and really she had been a little surprised at the invitation, but Charlotte not one to decline had after checking with her calender and current boyfriend had decided to go to it, she had opted to not bring him, and was attending the party alone, though she had been sure to talk to Sam about it before going, since he was her closest friend, and given the most recent fact that he seemed to not really be himself around her any more, she couldn't understand it really, but she was busy, just like he was with his shop, and she was getting ready for a party. It always took Charlotte hours to get ready, she had to pick an outfit, then do her hair and make up after a thorough shower, before even getting to the clothes part, and given that Charlotte was a designer she knew that she always had to look her best, she always had ooze the perfection which her mother had been sure to teach her. The former beauxbatons student at along last after countless hours preparing and perfectly every little detail was ready to leave, it was a magical party, or at least one where other wizards and witches would be in attendance, but it still required her to walk to the place from a site she could apparate to, and as soon as she had her wand, the woman turned on the spot and imagined where she wanted to go.

Upon her arrival at the new street, she took out her pocket mirror and double checked that she still had everything while also checking to see if everything about her make up and hair was still in place, she smooth down the skirt of her dress as she set off towards the house, she was welcomed into the home by the host, as she arrived and then set about in the party, since she didn't know anyone else, Charlotte grabbed herself a drink and then wondered around, marvelling at the beautiful decor of the house until eventually she ended up spotting a familiar face in the crowd of people, it was a girl whose name escaped her now, but whom she'd worked with on at least two occasions, since she knew no one else, Charlotte walked over to her, "Excuse me," she greeted the other woman politely holding out her hand to her, "We've worked a couple of times before," she added in case the other woman couldn't remember who she was, "Did you decorate this house?" knowing the girl was an interior decorator made this question make a lot more sense rather than just being a pretty odd thing to go up to someone to ask. She gave a small smile at her, before standing waiting for the other girl to respond, raising the glass to her lips and giving a small sip of the liquid, a polite and friendly smile still clear on her lips as she waited.

Karah was pleased with the work she had done for good reason. The taste of her client had been truly atrocious and the young woman had to coax them out of just about every demand they had made until she had been able to actually create a beautiful interior to their new home. As she was greeted by her client, the veela woman felt that her work had been well worth it now as she saw the house filled with people. It was often that, when her clients had parties of this nature, she would be invited with the understanding that it was so Karah could network and retain a strong relationship with the ones she already had. This was what she had told her assistant and protege who she had brought along. Normally she would have brought along Ezra Shaffer, whose job had interested so many people, but they were through and she had the awkward engagement ring tan line to prove it. The thought of it brought the woman to take a small sip of her glass of wine before she began speaking with people, polite as ever and using her charms sparingly. The girl hated being a veela even after all of these years but if it was for work, to entice someone further to hire her she would do just that.

Karah gave her assistant her leather coat to put away and just as she had, a vaguely familiar voice called out to her. With a smile, polite and charming as ever, she searched out the source of the voice to a blonde woman she recognized as Charlotte Williams - a name she admittedly remembered because of the muggle royal family. "Yes, of course. How are you, Ms Williams?" she asked the woman who matched her in age but no where in responsibility. As it was asked if she worked on the house, Karah smiled. She hoped it was an approving question too as the Gryffindor alum. confirmed her suspicion. "I did, indeed." While she wasn't one to search for compliments she hoped that Ms Williams enjoyed her work otherwise she would worry for the chance of a returning work relationship with the girl. As Karah was now going to be living on her own it was important that she had a large client base otherwise she might have been in trouble. Rather than ask for an opinion, however, Karah asked politely, "How do you know the Poole's?"

This is tragic sorry!

The woman smiled as the other woman, Ms. Love if she remembered correctly, although she didn't entirely, it was due to the time that she spent with so many other people that occasionally names got confused and she forgot who certain people were. However upon being recognised she smiled in a brightly and friendly manner to the woman in front of her, "I am very well, thank you," she replied with a polite tone appropriate for this party they were attending, "How are you?" Charlotte returned a keenness in her voice which indicated that she really did want to hear about how this other girl was. Though they'd only met a few times and solely in instances of work, which perhaps to most would give the relationship a little more difficulties but not to Charlotte who was by her nature both incredibly polite but also friendly. She took a sit of the drink in her hands and nodded with a look of approval in her face about the decor of the house, she did love Ms. Love's taste, it simple yet elegant, why she was sure that when she needed someone to do it for her she would never struggle, though she believed she had excellent taste and put most of the decor herself it was not wrong to employ someone else to put the finishing touches on it, to add the little details she wasn't getting.

The young woman gave a slightly laugh at the question, "Honestly, I can't remember," Charlotte attended a lot of parties, and she went to a lot of places, spoke with so many that she didn't often remember who the person was, no matter how hard she tried, which was something happening currently, Charlotte was sure that by the end of the night she would e able to remember how she knew the Poole's but currently they were drawing a blank. Charlotte just took a sip of her drink, "I meet a lot of people in my line of work, and because of my family, sometimes I forget who people are or how I know them," she told her, "But, I was free, and who I am to turn down a party invite," Charlotte just laughed in a friendly manner, adjusting the skirt on her dress as she did so, "It'll come back to me," Charlotte assured her with a nod and though she wasn't too hopeful of that, it usually did, so why would this night be any different than the rest, "Are you working on anything else currently?"

Karah smiled, showing that she was glad that her contact was doing well and kept the smile on, false as it was when she returned the question back to the veela. Truthfully she was not good having separated from Ezra and how all of their friends seemed to be divided between their sides like petty children. Still Karah answered Charlotte, “I’m well, thanks. Very busy, as always.” Her life had become hectic but by choice, Karah had taken on as many clients as she could to keep herself occupied in attempt to think of anything but her failed relationship. It wasn’t always easy but she sure was trying. The young witch took a sip of her wine as she observed Ms Williams look over her work, and hid her own satisfied smile as she saw the approving nod given to the room. Karah had done everything in this house save the architectural design so she was pleased to see that her work was enjoyed.

Karah couldn’t help but giggle behind her hand at the blonde’s honesty but she understood completely. These things were delicate and all too frequent when you were of a certain calibre. While Karah was hardly a socialite herself she did mingle with them a lot so as to obtain new contacts and clients. It was just how her higher end clients seem to be best found. “If I didn’t have a ledger I would be in the same boat, I’m sure,” she admitted. The girl wasn’t particularly smart but she was organized and she worked hard to keep it that way. She had a ledger where she wrote down her contacts and scribbled down the important points about them so as to not make any terrible faux-pas. “I am working on a few houses but they are in the very early stages, I’m mostly just reconfiguring on my new place right now,” she answered with a nod. She had spent a majority of her recent time on her home office which was a thing of organized, efficient beauty with a desk she had crafted herself. Everything was very clean and crisp in it so far. As for the rest of her home, she had yet to decide how she wanted it to be aesthetically yet as she changed her mind often enough. “What about you? How is business?” she asked, taking another sip of the Riesling.

With her life always keeping her fairly busy Charlotte had always found the best thing were the parties, as she sipped happily on the glass of fine white wine in her hand, speaking to someone she knew that was perhaps not one of her friends, but certainly someone she wanted to get to know, given the fact that she did very much like her taste, and perhaps a second opinion after Sam would not be the worst thing, though she trusted Sam far more, it all came back to Charlotte's happiness at the prospect of making a new friend, someone who seemed about her age and who had an eye for things, and though she was doing this by asking about her work and keeping things formal, that was at the end of the day much like her general nature anyway, Charlotte was always formal with those even her age. She couldn't help but nod at the woman's words, "Thus is adult life," she said in agreement to the fact she was busy, like most their age really were, though Charlotte knew that it was her choice to be busy, she unlike most did not have to work at all, her family were exceedingly wealthy, and she chose to work.

The woman laughed lightly at the words, "I wish I had a ledger for these things," she agreed, though her memory always served her well, she couldn't help but definitely agree with the practicalities of what she was suggesting, it would make things for them a lot simpler, she wouldn't be at a loss over how she knew the people, but this wasn't something she needed to know, she was fine figuring it out all on her own, even if it did take a lot more time and if she had to speak with the gracious host there would be many minutes of very uncomfortable silence between them. Charlotte played close attention to what was being said and couldn't help but smile at the thought of her decorating her own place, largely because it made her think of Sam as he was decorating the last place in New York, how much the three in the morning conversations about home decor and interior design had become a very normal part of her life for a good few weeks, but things were different now, though he'd moved to New Zealand, there had been few house calls,

"Would you like a terrible, atrocious painting that fits with nothing?" Charlotte offered as a joke, of course she didn't expect Ms. Love to say yes, and she really didn't intend to give it, but just as a joke to how difficult it was to decorate sometimes, "Much like how people will always need homes decorated, people will always need clothes," which was Charlotte's way of saying that business was good as always, "I'm particular enjoying the bold, rich colours which seem to playing in the European winter collections," she commented, unsure if Ms. Love would even have an opinion on such things. Charlotte always imagined that fashion and home decor were essentially the same in some ways, they reflected one another, "I'm visiting Paris in a few weeks to visit the sister building, have you ever been to Paris?"

Karah smiled at the joke, she almost wanted to suggest that Charlotte offer it to the Poole's because of their sour taste in just about everything except Interior Designer/Decorators. She instead thought it would be a poor choice considering how many clients she was sure to get thanks to this evening. So she said, "You'd be surprised how many people want ugly things." That was to be the end of that comment on Karah's end to save any drama that could arise. Plausible deniability, as it were. When Charlotte started to speak about fashion, it made the English girl wish that they were actually closer because she felt that they would be good friends as she approved of the blonde's taste in most things. "How wonderful," she commented. It had been some time since Karah had been to Paris as her work kept her busy but mostly because she felt uncomfortable with the idea of going back to the crime scene which was her relationship with her biological mother. It wasn't so much her fault as it was Karah's genuine hatred of the veela part of her blood which came from the woman. The stress of it had actually caused a vacation she and Ezra had taken there to be cut short. Instead they went to Italy, not famed for the same type of romance but it had been romantic anyway. It had really been one of the last positive parts of their relationship. "Both of my parents actually taught at Beauxbatons - I used to visit quite often but it's been some time now," Karah said. She knew that Charlotte had attended the French school but was unaware if students had ever any clue which professors were together or what was happening in their private lives. Unfortunately in such a small island school like Hogwarts everything was in the open. It perhaps didn't help that there was a rumour magazine everywhere. She could only hope that the rumour of her parents affair had never come to light as it could really affect her perfectly polite kinship with Charlotte and possibly others. While Karah had a simple life, many people in her company currently had much more extravagant beginnings and would never think to call a place like Clovelly home or have such a sordid beginning to life. Without thinking she added, "I last went with Ez-" she cut herself short before she had. She knew that Charlotte and Ezra had met a handful of times due to these sorts of social gatherings where she had actually invited her former partner but the last thing she wanted to do was to bring him up with someone who barely knew her so trying to play it off as if it was nothing, Karah corrected her tongue's fumble. "...With my ex." Karah smiled, attempting to be genuine with it because a female leader and a career oriented woman, both of which she was trying to be, did not mope about for some boy. They made that man weep for her instead. She supposed, though, that it was a lot simpler if she actually used her birth given abilities to make that so. Just before she was to take a sip of her drink, Karah added, "I imagine Paris will be hectic for you? Such a different market, there?"

I AM SO SORRY THIS IS SOOOO LATE!

Charlotte couldn't help but laugh at what she said, she knew that lots of people would end up liking things that she or others might say was horrible, that they deemed ugly, specifically that painting that she had in her house that was truly awful and so she could definitely agree with her, "Oh I assure you, I know that," she agreed with a little giggle, nodding, both with her job but then also in that paint and describe the occasional differences in her taste with her mother's taste, "My mother and I have mostly the same taste but some times she picks out the most atrocious things," Charlotte admitted with a small shrug. The woman was always kept busy by the work she was doing for her company and she was definitely going to be busy in Paris, but it was fine, because Charlotte loved paris, it was an occasion to be with her family and also see the city that she loved. Though Charlotte had settled easily in New Zealand, her heart did truly lie with Paris, she was unlikely to move back, but she loved being able to visit the city, "My mother also attended Beauxbatons," she told her with an easy smile, Charlotte like her mother, and her younger sister had attended Beauxbatons, and in the girl's mind it was an incredibly good school. It was because of it, that she had ended up meeting Sam, not at the school but indirectly through his brother with whom she had gone to school.

The woman listened to her almost say that she'd gone with someone, and the corrected herself, and the woman wondered if perhaps this woman not unlike Sam had recently suffered a break up, and she gave a sympathetic smile, before being quite glad that the conversation had been moved on to something a little simpler, Charlotte knew to not impose herself upon Ms. Love and bombard her with questions she probably didn't want to have to answer, it would be rude of her, should she want to give the information up freely, then there was nothing that Char would do to stop her, since in that situation the polite thing to do was just to listen. Thankfully the question was easy enough to answer, "It will be," she said in agreement as she took another sip of her drink, "It's a beautiful city with a wonderful industry," she told her, "In Paris, there is far more crossover between magical fashion and muggle fashion, a lot more magical people were the same up market and haute couture outfits that the muggles wear, here there is a little more difference between the two," the woman replied, "They need far less robes," she added as further explanation, "And, Ms. Love should you ever find yourself going to Paris, then feel free to give me a call, there are such beautiful hotels with stunning interior design that I'm sure you'd greatly appreciate,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back