Kadi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Flexible Hawthorn Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
(Open after Kris posts with Salem)

Indi hadn't put much thought into her costume this year, and she only bothered with one at all because it felt strange to go to the feast with out one at all. She appreciated that she could simply put on a dress and a flower crown and claim it was a costume at least. Growing up she always found Halloween a little annoying but at Hogwarts she found it a fun distraction to break up her routine of lessons and quidditch practice. When she arrived at the feast she quickly snatched up a drink and some sweets and surveyed all the different activities. Most people seemed to be mingling in small groups but the section of the great hall that was set up from bobbing for apples caught her eye. She walked over and watched the other students as they dunked their faces into the water. Indi had no intention of participating but she was perfectly to content to watch people's different strategies, some more effective than others.

Salem couldn't really see what she was doing, but she'd had her head in the apple tub for almost a minute now, which she felt like was progress. She hadn't managed much more than a few mouthfuls of water though, and eventually surfaced, pink hat dripping down her shirt as she caught her breath and shook the water from her eyes. "Indi!" she said excitedly as her vision cleared and she spotted her friend standing nearby. "Are you here to bob for apples? It's pretty fun. I think. I haven't managed to get any yet but I assume that's the fun part," she said, shaking her head to clear more water that kept dripping down from her hat. Maybe she should have taken it off before stinking her head in the tub.

Indi was almost annoyed when she heard her name called since it threw off her concentration but when she saw it was Salem she relaxed. “Hey.” she greeted with a small but pleasant smile. She liked the other girl well enough even if her energy was a lot to handle sometimes, and she walked closer to inspect just exactly what she was doing. Salem had somehow managed to get herself soaked, and at least she couldn't be faulted for her lack of enthusiasm. “Not exactly.” Indi answered tentatively. She was fascinated but was not about to participate herself. “I guess.” she said in skeptical agreement and took a small step back to avoid getting splashed on. “You should try and grab it by the stem.” she suggested as she nodded towards the floating apples.

Salem scrubbed at her face again as more water dripped down, trying to parse Indi's answers. Her advice sounded good though, and Salem turned to the tub in front of her, watching the apples float around harmlessly. "You think? Yeah I bet I could do that," she said speculatively, leaning over the rim of the tub and snapping a bit uselessly at a few apples, aiming for the stem. She mostly just succeeded in spinning most of the apples uselessly and got a few mouthful of waters before treating back to sit back on the ground, trying not to cough. "This would be a lot easier if I could use my hands. Or my wand," she said, wiping at her face with a wet sleeve and laughing. "I can't see what I'm doing that close. Too much water, it's a mess."

Indi crossed her arms and watched Salem try again. She bit her lip to keep in a laugh as Salem tried to use her advice with very little luck. She also grew a bit frustrated wishing she could reach out and guide her to the stupid apple. But she took a deep breath and waited expectantly as Salem finally emerged breathless. "Well that wouldn't be very good sportsmanship." Indi pointed out. Bobbing for apples wasn't exactly a sport but she could at least appreciate the game for what it was and was growing more invested in figuring out a proper strategy "I think that's the point." she added with a laugh. "You're so forceful when you do it." she pointed out and gestured to the huge puddle that was starting to surround them. "Try being gentle with it. Like use your nose or something to nudge it around and find the stem to bite."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back