OOC First Name
Arle
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Philip had a purpose as he made his way up the towers. He needed to set everything straight. He tried his best. It was not enough but still. He spotted her a few feet away, making him rush over to step in front of her. Catching his breath, he held a hand as he panted heavily. "Can we talk?", he asked, straightening up. He saw her cheering for that Cade player. He let her be but it was bugging him. How could win her back if they were like this? He did not know where to fit himself in the puzzle. The Avaria that he shared stolen moments was far different from the girl in front of him. She kept pushing him away. She kept shutting him out.

@Avaria Lockwood

Ava was a mess and she knew it. She was all over the place emotionally, and honestly, she was looking forward to the year off just so that she could get some time away from everything. She was startled from her thoughts when Philip appeared in front of her, hand held up as he tried to catch his breath. "Pip," She blinked in surprise. "Er- Philip, what's wrong?" She asked, reaching into her bag and offering him a water bottle. She had meant to give it to Timmy, but she could always get another one on her way back downstairs.

Philip shook his head at the offer. He knew it was nkt really for him so why take it. He just looked at Avaria, not knowing where to start. He did not want to lash at her for things he knew were his fault. But he was frustrated already at what she wanted him to do. Although it semed that she did not need him anymore. She had her friends and that Cade. Opening his mouth to speak, he closed it again. He shook his head. "No...nothing's wrong. Nothing.", he turned away, his hand on his forehead, rubbing it before he ran it over his face. He started to walk away, his steps slow and heavy.

Ava hesitated as he refused the water, slipping it into her bag again. She bit her lip as he turned away, heart twisting a little. Just let it go, let him go. She tried to convince herself to just ignore him and walk away, but still she found herself hurrying after him, stepping in front of him and placing a hand on his arm. "Pip?" She tried again, softly, concern in her eyes as she tried to catch his gaze. "What's wrong?" She asked again.

Philip stopped when he saw her feet in front of him. He froze at the touch of her hand. He kept hos head down, not wanting to see hurt in her eyes. He shook his head once more. He gently removed her hand from his arm, letting his hand linger and squeezed her hand before placing it down on her side. His heart wrenched at the nickname she gave him. "Nothing...nothing's wrong.", he simply said. "I am not tired but I am sure you are,Aya.", he whispered, not realizing he let slip the nickname he made for her.

Ava hesitated at the nickname. What? She didn't correct him, not this time, but she did try again to catch his eye. "Talk to me, hey," She squeezed his hand, unintentionally stepping closer as she tried to peek up at his face. "You gotta talk to me, what's going on?" She asked, determined.

Philip glanced at Avaria before looking away. "I don't deserve you. I don't even know you anymore.", he whispered. He felt her step closer making his heart beat faster. "Your friends dislike me and I understand why. I am all talk and grand gestures which I know you do not like.", he sighed once more before finally meeting her eyes. "I will not give up, Aya buy it seems you deserve someone better than me. Someone who is not a jerk to you and who does not abandon you." He raised a hand to cup her cheek. "I miss you, Aya. I want to know you again.", he said with a small smile before he dropped his hand. "I don't want to force you. That....moment that we had...it was my only reprieve amidst all these." He looked away, otherwise, he could not stop himself and do something she would not like.

Ava listened closely, silent a few moments when he had finished speaking. "Maybe..." She bit her lip a moment. "Maybe we should forget about the romance." She tried gently, "I care about you, and I know you care for me, but forcing a relationship with no foundation is a really bad idea." She slid a small step back. "Let's... start over. Forget everything and start from the beginning." She sighed, smiling brightly and sticking out her hand. "Hi! I'm Avaria. Though, everybody calls me Ava. Or... Aya?" She tilted her head, unsure if she had got it right.

Philip sighed when he heard her answer. Clearly, it was over. She liked someone else and it was not him anymore. He had to accept that. His eyes snapped back at her when she took a small step back. He just looked at her until she smiled brightly. Her first real smile in front of him. When she mentioned the nickname he made, he gave a small smile. "It was supposed to be a surprise...", he murmured. He grasped her hand, "Hello, I'm Philip. I... don't exactly have many friends here so... yeah. You can call me anything you want.", he said, looking at their hands. He would really miss this hand.

Ava tried to relax a little, linking her arm with Philips and moving towards a nearby bench. "Philip is so formal," She scrunched her nose. "I like Pip better. Come on," She dragged him with her, "Why don't we sit and talk for a bit? You said you don't have friends, well, that's a lie, now you have at least one," She giggled, trying her best to be chipper. "Tell me everything. Come on," She encouraged, dropping down and patting the seat next to her.

Philip tried to still his beating heart. Maybe this would not be bad after all. She wanted them to start over and he would give her that. He chuckled a little, starting to relax as he was led to a bench. She insisted on calling him Pip which he acquiesed. "If I am Pip, then you are Aya.", he went along. After all, she was called Ava by many and this was supposed to be a fresh start for them. At her question, he leaned back on the bench. "I am in Slytherin, same year as you. Let's see... I have cousins here.", he winced, knowing this was a sore spot for her. "I don't pay them much attention except for Noelle who was the like the big brother you wish you have.", he pondered more. "I like music although I don't sing so don't get any ideas in your head.", he teased.

Ava brightened, tucking her legs under her and listening intently. "I like Aya," She told him brightly. This was good, this could work! They would be friends again, and honestly, she had missed his friendship more than anything. "You like music?" She asked, wanting him to tell her more.

"Well, I'm Ava, and in Ravenclaw. I'm the oldest of five kids, the twins are still really little and my sister Emily is in Ravenclaw with me, and my little brother Arthur is a Gryffindor." She nodded. "My dad is engaged to get married, to my brother's and the twins' mom miss Kami." She giggled. "Miss Kami is actually Miss Kari's older sister, and Miss Kari has an apartment with Professor North. They're just friends but my brother insists they're more." She rolled her eyes. "I love to paint, I want to go to school for it once we graduate here." She told Philip, not minding that she was chattering. "I'm getting an apartment with my best friend in the whole world, Vader, we're going to make a living on his art and my photography."

She hesitated, looking away. "Um, Pip? Can I... tell you something?" She asked softly, heart hammering in her chest. They were starting over, so there were things he should probably know.

Philip smiled, glad that Ava - Aya liked her nickname. She seemed pretty content with what they had now which made him feel better, if that was the word. He had dealt her a lot of pain already. If friendship was the thing that he could offer and would make her happy, then he would do his best in that department. At her question, he nodded. Come to think of it, they had never talked about things like this. "I... play the piano and the violin. I mean they are not that special or anything.", he shrugged.

As he listened to her talk about her family, Philip realized that he had known little of Ava before this. He had realized that this was lacking in their relationship. Small things yet of importance. He knew she painted and he loved her drawings. She was creative and he loved her for that. He tried his best to smile and be supportive of her plans with Vader. After all, the Gryffindor was being civil with him.

As quick to have a light conversation with Aya, she suddenly became hesitant as she said the next words. "Uh, yeah.... What is it?" He became nervous. He was afraid at what she would say.

Ava grinned brightly as he said he played the piano, visibly excited by it. "Really?" She asked, eyes sparkling. "Maybe we can play a duet sometime, that would be really fun," She giggled, happy with what they had at the moment. It felt nice to really be talking to him again. She had missed it. Missed talking to him like this.

Ava bit her lip, sighing and squirming a little in her seat. "I... realized something about myself recently," She started, unsure. "My... father left me when I was still very young. My mother got very sick, and after a few years she passed away. My grandmother passed away as well, shortly afterwards, and I spent a few months in a home before my father found me. I was only with him a month or so before I came here." She let her hair fall to cover her face. "My father had another daughter, and she's not that much younger than I am. My little brother is in school with us, too. We all have different mothers."

Ava sighed again. "My parents were married right out of school. I just... I don't want that. I don't want to marry, or have kids." She admitted slowly. "I don't want anyone going through what I did." She explained softly. "I... I want to find someone that I could really fall in love with, but... it would take a lot of time for that. I know I have abandonment issues, I've been told often enough." She shook her head. "I have some things I need to work through," She admitted quietly. "It isn't fair of me to ask anyone to stick around and wait for that."

Philip smiled at her suggestion. He nodded, glad to have found an opportunity to know her more and spend time with her. "Sure, anything for you." He could not help but say those words. He stared at Avaria, waiting to hear what she had to say. And she started to tell him. Things he did not know and did not bother to know in the past. He mentally scolded himself for taking their relationship lightly. If his family had drama, she had to go through this, and at a very young age. These were some of the things he took lightly in his life. And here she was, bravely facing them on her own.

What she said next catch his attention. All she experienced made an impacy on her choices for her future. A future that he still hoped be a part of. But with her deciding on them, it would be difficult for him to accept. Clearing his throat, he took her hand in his. "Aya... Marriage and family, it is not a race. And just because you went through them does not mean you'll do that in the future to your family. They were your father's choices. Yet, look on the bright side. Your dad found you and I am pretty sure he is trying to make it up to you. If you give him a chance." He gave her a smile, setting aside what he wanted - a relationship with her - and just be a friend for now. "Give yourself the chance too. To let people in and be there for you. Let me be there for you. Take your time and let it come to you." He rubbed his thumb over her hand, smiling at her reassuringly.

Ava couldn't help the way her heart fluttered a little as he was surprisingly supportive of everything she had said. She had been afraid of his reaction- that he would be upset or disappointed with her. For the first time, she really saw the change in him. She smiled softly, and for a brief second, she very nearly leaned in to kiss him. But there was a bit of self-control to her, one she had worked hard to gain. Her days of rushing forward without thought were behind her. Or at least, she hoped so. She blushed, tucking her hair behind her ear and looking away. "Careful, Pip," She teased him lightly. "Acting like that, girls must be falling all over themselves for you,"

She bit her lip, placing a hand over her heart a moment before standing, trying to pull him to his feet with her. "Come on, you owe me a duet," She smiled brightly. "There's really so much to tell you," she mused, "Like I want to go to an art school after graduation, so my dad says he's going to take me around to see different schools while I'm home with him," She chattered excitedly, lacing her arm through Philip's. "I'm going to make a list of all my favorites and then when Vader comes home for the break we can go over all of them and see where we want to live," She paused, a thought hitting her. She looked up at Philip, uncertainty in her eyes. "You've never told me, Philip... where do you live?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back