All I Ever Wanted

Shiloh Denton

OOC First Name
Teigan
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Ebony Wand 15 Essence of Phoenix Talon
The time had come, with Shiloh running around to make sure everything was set, Grace moving gracefully behind her, Shiloh out the finishing touches on the rooms (One of them was handled with a little extra care mind you) and she looked to the clock on the mantle to be sure she still had time to change. She didn't want the team to see her looking so muddled. When she'd heard that the Stonewall Stormers were playing a local game nearby, Shiloh had immediately sent them an invitation to stay at her inn during the game. (The chance to see an old crush again wasn't at all the only reason.) Shiloh wasn't a major fan of quidditch or anything, but she enjoyed watching the game on occasion and she followed the careers of some of her favourite players. The inn tended to her busy when there was a game so she'd made sure that any potential fans were placed at the opposite end of the inn. With twenty rooms there was ample space for all.

Rushing off to get ready, Shiloh played through the morning again in her head. She'd been so happy to get a letter back from the coach accepting the offer. Home cooked meals and a great atmosphere would be good for everyone. A little taste of familiarity was good for them she was sure. Finishing up, dolled in a plain blue dress with matching black jacket, she looked every bit the host. She was glad for it. Her hair was not working however and so in a fit of annoyance she pulled it out, liking it much better in waves down her back. She heard Grace announce their arrival and rushed down to greet them.

Kayden hadn't been to the United Kingdom for a long time, mostly his team played against the other teams in the Americas. This was a big change for him, but for their fans in the UK and nearby European countries had sent plenty of excited letters. It was going to be more of a skirmish than a full on intense match, after all they weren't playing for a large trophy here. Kayden enjoyed the traveling that magic provided, making it faster and easier to head across the sea and for once he wouldn't be required to fly all the way to the match location that they often did as a way to warm up for an intense match against their revivals. He was also excited to see an old friend, Shiloh. She was running an inn these days and from her letter it seemed as though she was excited to host the team for their match. They would be there a few days and Kayden was truly happy to see this old friend. He had fond memories of his short time at Hogwarts as a Hufflepuff lad with his twin sister Georgiana. His friends had mostly been girls and he was sure it was thanks to Georgiana for that. Shiloh and another girl Sara Moon were the two he remembered the most from being young at Hogwarts before he transferred out.

With the team now they finally arrived at the inn and everyone seem very jolly, laughing and Kayden's spirits were up. This was going to be a good trip. Kayden let his coach greet the people at the door and stood back of the group to take in the sight of his old friend first while he blended in. He did hope that Shiloh hadn't troubled herself very much in the team coming and filling up the inn. He was rather excited, never having the chance to stay in an English Inn. The door opened and Kayden didn't quite recognize who it was there but soon enough they were heading inside and then he saw Shiloh. She was still as pretty as she had been in school. Georgiana always told him later that many of the girls had crushes on him and it was a shame he transferred back to America and away from all the girls who liked him. He had a life changing love while still at school where he met Corey. They had been set on marrying each other and playing on the same team, but as he graduated first and started school, things changed for Corey and him. They tried to make it work but as it turned out Stonewall Stormers wasn't for her and neither was Kayden. It had been tough, but that was a few years ago and since then he'd been on a few dates but not many.

Shiloh greeted the Coach and smiled at him. They spent a few moments discussing any last minute changes to anything that needed to be made before she headed out of the foyer, the team following her. She pointed each of them to their rooms and then have them a quick tour of the surrounding grounds. She paid particularly close attention to anything Kayden seemed to fixate on intending to explain it to him later. After the tour they retired to the main hall for lunch where Grace had played of pastries both savoury and sweet. As the team was sitting down to eat, Shiloh thought now to be a safe time to finally, property Greer her old friend. Tucking her hair behind her ear, Shiloh moved over to him and grinned. "I was excited that you came. I'm glad to see you." She missed all of her old school friends. She hadn't seen any of them in such a long time. She still occassionally spoke to Tara and she'd caught up with Sara at the reunion a couple of years back, but she'd been so busy, as had others, that she hadn't really seen much of them since school. She didn't keep up to date on some of them occassionally, such as Sara's aurora career and Georgiana's coaching, as well as Kayden's quidditch career, but she wished she could see more of them.

"Its been such a long time, I'd been wondering if I would catch up with anyone from Hogwarts again." She smiled at him as she spoke, unconsciously brushing down the front of her dress. She got so nervous around Kayden in school, she was surprised it was still happening. She hoped she wasn't making a fool of herself. "Grace and I have tickets to the game, we're excited to see, Hound Dog, play." she winked at him. She personally thought it was a bit of a strange nickname, but he didn't seem to mind it and that was all that mattered really.

Kayden enjoyed the tour of the Inn Shiloh ran. He thought it was a pretty great place and he was impressed by his old friend. He hadn't thought he'd ever be able to manage a whole property on his own.He was happy as a Quidditch player even if his time as a player was running short. He began to wonder how she came into being the head person of the place. He figured he would have plenty of time during their stay to get to know this older version of his friend. He hadn't been much of a writer even though he was sure he had promised when he left Hogwarts to write the girls. That hadn't last very long, but he had been young then and got on the team and then Captain at the Salem school. "Well of course I would come, can't miss a match you know." He said playing it cool but a smile snuck through. "Or you, it's great seeing you again Shi," he said pulling the woman into a hug. He wasn't sure if she was seeing anyone, but he would be surprised if she wasn't. Shiloh had become a rather good looking woman and he was glad she wasn't one of the girls that couldn't speak around the players and fan over them. Though Kayden had plenty of fans, a lot of whom were female. None interested him when they screamed his name trying to get his attention.

"I've hardly had the chance to really see how anyone was doing," Kayden admitted. He was busy as a player,
always training, trying to become better and better. Kayden rolled his eyes at the nickname. "Ugh, I don't even know where that came from. I feel like someone told the news about my Native name and Wolf became Dog and then a rumor started that I was Elvis's long lost grandson or something which isn't true," Kayden said with a laugh. "It works though I suppose, better than some of the nicknames for players out there, like 'Score-Against-Me' for that keeper for uh, well I don't remember the team." This felt nice, Kayden was laughing his team were enjoying themselves. He was glad their coach agreed to stay here for the match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back