All Fun and Games (Stage Crew)

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin surveyed the empty theatre that had been created for tonight's performance by the staff at the school. Never in his wildest dreams had Bruin believed that the Great Hall could have undergone such a magical transformation in such a short period of time. He smiled at the result and decided to make one last tour of the set and seating areas before opening the doors to those gathering outside in the Entrance Hall. This was going to be a special night and he hoped that most of the sutdent body would attend.

the-swan-theatre-stratford.jpg

Violet was feeling so nervous that she was sure she was going to be sick. She hadn't acted in a group this big before. The only acting she'd done had been little things in front of the class in her muggle school. Nothing like this. The whole school was going to be there. She shivered as she entered the Great Hall, figuring it was good to be there early so she could relax (or rather, work herself up in to a nervous frenzy) and soak up the atmosphere before she came on, somewhere in the second act.
She was glad of her height, as her role demanded someone who looked as though they had more physical power, and she had put on some shoes with slight heels, for good measure. She wrapped her cloak around her, gripped her wand tightly in her hand, and quickly walked over to where Bruin was checking the stage out. "Hi," she greeted, nervously. "Stage all set? Not going to break...although now that I think about it, that would be a really good way to trap pranksters..."

Bruin turned when he heard the approach of one of his fellow Prefects and smiled as he saw Violet. "Hey Violet...yeah, everything looks ready, but if the stage breaks I think the only people in trouble are going to be us!" he replied with a grin. "You look great by the way...feeling good about your lines and stuff?"

"Ooo," Violet said, with a wince. "On second thoughts, I don't want that to happen at all," she laughed. "Thank you," she smiled, glad that she looked alright. "I'm feeling...really quite nervous," she admitted, "but I think I've got them down."

Bruin smiled. "Hey, no need to be nervous..." He stated reassuringly. "This will be the best play ever put on here!" He added, knowing full well that being the first that it would also be the worst play ever put on.

"So, when do you think the others will arrive?" He asked casually, beginning to feel a little nervous himself as well and hoping that he hadn't made a huge mistake by suggesting this performance.

Kailey was extremely nervous as she walked over to where Bruin and Violet were. She had changed her appearance as much as she could without it being to suspicious for the show, Her eyes were a vivid blue and her hair was a shocking platnium blonde. She honestly didn't like the look but it was the first thing that came to her when she thought 'Annoying First year.' Due to Lunas venting about some first year twit. But she didn't think it looked bad, just different. She half thought maybe if she looked so different maybe they wouldn't notice if she screwed up. Where she got that logic from she would never know. "Hi guys." she said quietly, not looking forward to having to act infront of the whole school.

[Her temporary appearance is in the signature.]

Bruin turned as another cast member arrived, almost appearing in answer to his question. At first he didn't recognize Kailey at all and it wasn't until she spoke that he was able to figure out who it was. "Wow, nice costume Kailey...nobody will confuse who you really are, that's for sure!" He stated with a grin.

"Thanks Bruin, What can I say? I wanted to get into Character." Kailey responded tugging at one of the blonde curls. "But I swear looking in the mirror after I got it all together was extremely weird." she added even though that was a lie. She had looked in the mirror countless times and not had the same reflection look back at her, When you practiced to keep a specail skill in check you got used to it after a while.

"Wow," Violet muttered, awe-struck. "You look awesome, Kailey!" she exclaimed with an approving nod. Feeling butterflies in her stomach, Violet paled. "Um...excuse me, I'd, um, better go rehearse again, just to make sure..." she muttered, walking off in to a corner, saying her lines quietly to herself.

((nice escape, huh? :p ))

Today was the day that had been set for the production that the school prefects were going to be putting on. Kat really hoped that this performance would help greatly reduce the amount of pranks that the first years had been playing since the start of the year. Finally Kat made it to the Great Hall and noticed that Bruin, Violet, and some blonde chick had already arrived. She walked over to them and noticed that the other girl was none other than her best friend Kailey. "Hey guys! Have I missed anything yet?" she asked nervously, though she knew she was a little early.

"Alright Violet...just don't stray too far, we'll hopefully be opening the doors soon." Bruin replied as he checked his watch. He was about to respond to Kailey when Kat entered. "Uh...no, not really. You're the fourth to arrive...maybe you and Kailey can go over a few things while I write a note on our keychains to remind the others to get their butts down here." Bruin added as he grabbed a seat in the front row.

Estrella had made sure to slip into something comfortable before heading to the Great Hall. She wasn't one of the cast, after all, and she wanted to be able to sit through an entire production. Jamming her wand into her pocket as a precaution, she found Bruin and a small group of prefects soon enough. The Ravenclaw girl couldn't wait for the show to start- hopefully, the results would be positive. Dressed entirely in black, as she had read somewhere that that was the preferred stage crew attire, she approached the few that had arrived. "Hey everyone! I'm not so late after all," she chortled, her eyes narrowing at the unknown blonde. "Now, who would this be? I'm afraid you have me stumped."

Glancing to Bruin, she asked, "Need me to do anything?" She wanted this production to be as successful as possible and she would help in any way she could.

((Btw, Cyndi isn't going to be rping on the site for a while.... should we rp her as sick or something?))

Lily finally felt that her costume was perfect for today's production and headed down to the great hall. She wore her hoodie over her newly pink hair so as not to draw suspicion to herself until she arrived backstage. She had picked up a temporary hair color when she was in California over break with Blake and hoped that it would wash out as quickly as it said it would. The pink looked good, but she really liked her normally dark tresses better. When she thought of obnoxious first year pranksters, she thought of the girl who had been busted with the green hair. Green would have been too obvious, but pink was going to be fun and perfect.

She noticed a few people were there already, and since no one, not even her roommate, knew she was going to dye her hair, she pulled the hood closer to her face. Walking up to the group that was assembled there, she greeted them. "Hey y'all! How's it going? We ready for today?" she asked with a smile on her face, her hair still hidden under the hood.

Zazuka showed up in her uniform and silver 'P' shining brightly on her lapel. It wasn't often that Zazuka tried to pull off the look of a athouity figure but she seemed to pull it off well with her hair in a sevire bun that was straingly remenisent of the old Proffesor Mcgonegal of Hogwarts Scotland. Whar didn't seem to match was the brillant smile on her face. She was so exsited for this day even though she knew that something, anything could go wronge.

Kailey greeted Kat as she came in and nodded to Bruin as he said he was going to remind the other Prefects VIA keychain. She couldn't help but be a bit surprised when Estrella didn't recognise her as she knew about her power but rationalized that it had been two years since the incedent and she was bound to have forogtten. "Well it seems I've put my costume together a little too well." she said slightly amused but glad she had pulled it off so well. "It's Kailey." she added just incase Estrella didn't pick up on it by the vioce. "Hi Lily." she chirped to the girl who had come over to the growing group.

Lily smiled at her fellow Ravenclaw's that arrived. She looked around to see if Blake was there yet, and frowned when she realized that he wasn't. She was hoping to show him her hair first, but it seemed that was not to be. As she realized that Kailey was in disguise, she decided to let her bright pink hair out from hiding. She loosened up her hood, and then pulled her arms in as she removed her hoodie without pulling up her shirt and exposing herself -- her worst nightmare!

She tossed the hoodie into a corner and turned back, walking over to Kailey. "Well, I guess we kinda had the same ideas," she said with a giggle.

Bruin looked up as Estrella, Lily and then Zazuka entered. Good, just a few more and we can get this show on the road! Bruin turned to Estrella. "Nah, I think we're good...maybe you can get the cast organized backstage and then I'll open the doors and let any audience members who want to filter in." Bruin suggested.

Njord wandered up to the crowd of prefects. Kailey was there as was everyone else. "Hey, I'm here." he gave a quick wave. He quickly separated Kailey from the group and gave her a strong hug, while he whispered in here ear, "No matter what happens today, know that I love you, okay?" and then quickly let her go to find out what he was supposed to be doing to get ready for the play.

Kiera danced into the Stage crew area all dressed up. She was too excited to stand still. "Hey! Whats going on?" she asked in an entergetic voice. She was wearing muggle clothing that consisted of ripped blue jeans and tight pink longsleeve shirt. Her hair was through up in a messy bun. She grinned as she awaited her cue.

"It seems so Lily." Kailey agreed before going back over her lines in her head. She was broken from this thought process by somebody pulling her to the side and wrapping her in a hug. It took her a second to figure out who it was due to not seeing them come up to her but returned the hug happily. Well, atleast he recogzised me. she thought, slightly surprised. She did look almost completely different than usual. As he whispered in her ear Kailey nodded, a bit unsure of what he meant. How would a play make her think he didn't love her any more? She blinked as he was gone almost as fast as he had came but went back to thinking over her lines wanting to get everything perfect for the play.

Bruin was pleased, all of the main characters had now arrived and he was pretty sure that Blake and Mike were already backstage getting ready as well. He checked his watch and noted that it was getting pretty close to show time. "Okay everybody, if everybody wants to head backstage now and get ready then I'll open the doors and let the audience get settled. Estrella or I will come back in a bit and make sure everything's good, alright?"

Lily smiled at Kailey, and was about to respond when Njord pulled her into a hug. She turned away, looking around for the familiar form of her own boyfriend. She was a bit concerned that she had not spotted him yet, but figured he was hiding out someplace. He was on the opposite 'side' from her, so she figured that he was hiding out prepping for his roll.

Lily wandered away, getting ready behind the curtain, trying to remember what all she was supposed to be doing. She was starting to get a bit of stagefright, but was hoping it didn't show.

Kailey half nodded to Bruin before making her way backstage. Most of her mind still focused on lines, Kailey didn't have too much faith in her memory and really didn't want to screw anything up. She was starting to go from mildly apprehensive to a borderline nervous wreck. Why had she agreed to do this? But it's too late to turn back now... I just really hope I don't screw up! she thought pulling as a small thread on her loose white sweater nervously.

Rhyspa walked down the stairs, hurrying towards the Great Hall, where the play would be performed. She walked back stage, and greeted her friends and fellow prefects. "Hey Guys!" she smiled. She saw a bright pink head that belonged to Lily and a bright, platinum blond Kailey and giggled. "Nice hair!" Rhyspa herself wore some ripped up jeans and her hair in two sloppily braided plaits, her extremely old converse and had some bright pink lipstick across her cheeks, as if it were war paint.

[Kaileys a blonde ^-^ ]

"Hey Spa!" Kailey exclaimed upon seeing her best friend "It seems everyone thinks ripped jeand for a role like this." she commented looking down at her own old ripped faded jeans which contrasted greatly with the sweater. But after seeing how it looked with the platnuim blonde hair she just had to wear it. She also thought the old Dravens with half of the design rubbed off were a nice touch. The shoes were extremely old and had been throw into the muddy 'play' shoe pile a while back and she was surprised they still fit. After a few "Scourgify"s they still looked old, but spotless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back