OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
Graeme had been looking forward to this, he had been gearing up for this, put away his books and focused his free time on getting himself ready to be able go to this Yuleball, it took a little more effort because he made sure his ever trusted kilt was rightly in place, with not one stain on the family tartan, he might not have seen his dad since he was a small lad but it didn't mean he didn't wear the family tartan with pride. The teen had taken the time to get ready for this night, he had gotten all the different parts of his kilt ready, leaving behind the sgian-dubh, since he really wouldn't need that, though the blade was dull he hardly wanted to be the guy bringing a knife to a wand fight. The teen was full kitted out in his formal kilt attire, and knew that while he would likely be very out of place at this magical event without many other scottish people he would be alone in his attire.

It was likely a good thing that Graeme was completely ready and proud of heritage and his home that he felt both confident and comfortable wearing such an outfit, and really as soon as he took off the suit jacket it looked far less formal, and his quidditch build was made clear in his outfit. The teen was waiting, this night for him and Maya and he couldn't wait to see her, knowing she'd look beautiful and spend the night with her, he intended to make their budding relationship far more formal, they'd bee on a couple of dates and what he wanted now, was to be able to be boyfriend and girlfriend, so he was hoping this night would bring exactly that. The teen smiled to himself as he stood outside the Hufflepuff common room waiting for her to appear so that they could begin their night.

Maya was equal parts excited and nervous. She'd been looking forward to the Yule ball all year and though this was not the first time she was going to be attending with Graeme, it was the first time she was doing so with him as more than a friend. Between her prefect duties, owls and his Quidditch commitments, they didn't spend as much time together as she would like, but she was happy for the time they did get. Her dress was special this year, it was the dress her mother had worn to her senior prom, her parents first date. She'd had to alter it quite a bit, as it was a little outdated and her mother was bigger than her, but most of it was still intact. She'd always admired it in her closet, but never really seen the need to wear it. She thought now was a pretty good time. She carefully slid herself in, Emily helped her with a couple of the back buttons and she quickly did her hair, placing a small tiara at the top to complete her very Disney Princess look. She hoped Graeme liked it.

Maya was nervous as she walked through the common room, a couple of the other girls and some of the boys were already there and some of the girls were fixing their hair. Maya smiled at them, they all looked so beautiful and she told them so, hugging a couple of the older ones, for whom this was their last yule ball. She gathered her dress into her hands and made her way out into the corridor, immediately spotting her date. She smiled shyly, looking down at his kilt and laughing slightly at the fact that he showed more leg than she did. "Your's is shorter than mine!"

Graeme's confidence only grew as he fixed his kilt to sit perfectly on his hips, making sure that he had everything perfectly in place before he saw Maya, whom he was very excited to see, he had obviously been very busy with his quidditch and she had been busy too so they hadn't seen as much of each other as he might've wanted but things were good, and they were spending this evening together and that was all that was important to him. He glanced at the door of the hufflepuff common room as it swung open and out stepped Maya, and his breath felt like it was just taken from him as he saw her, "Wow," he uttered with a sme clear on his face, he couldn't find any other words to describe it, she looked amazing, and he couldn't help but laugh at her comment, his kilt was indeed shorter than her dress, although this didn't bother him he still found the humor in it, and he was glad that she also didn't see to have any issues with it.

"I would look ridiculous if my kilt was longer," he the her still laughing lightly, "You look amazing Maya, just wow," he told her before bowing at her and holding out his hand to her, "Tae the dance" he said before taking her hand and leading her towards the great hall, walking with great pride with Maya on his arm, he had always thought of Maya as beautiful but she was just amazing in this dress, "I have tae say Maya, you look like a princess," he told her brightly, "I'm no much of a prince," he chuckled as they reached the great hall, "Maya, can I interest you in a dance? Or would you like tae eat first?" he offered waiting to see what she wanted to do and would be more than happy to do that.

Maya smiled and hid the blush that rose onto her cheeks by looking at the ground. Though she wanted to impress Graeme, she was never actually sure what he would think of what she wore. She was glad he thought that she looked nice. Personally Maya loved her dress and she thought that the crown was a nice touch, but she could never be sure what other people would think. He bowed, caught in the moment, Maya curtsied and took his hand when it was offered. She really did feel like a princess tonight and nothing was going to change that. She was so used to Graeme being in a kilt when it came to the dances that it didn't bother her anymore. It never really had, but it was something she wasn't used to seeing, she kind of knew what to expect now and so she often found herself coordinating to his tartan's. In fact she brought a hairpin a few weeks back that looked like it would match quite well. She'd not had a chance to show it to him yet, but maybe she would later. She hoped he'd like it. As they walked through the corridors, Maya took the time to appreciate some of the other dresses she was seeing, though she thought that maybe a couple of them looked like they should be in adult stores rather than a ball, but she wasn't one to judge. She wasn't exactly conservative, but she didn't really understand why someone would want to show off so much of their body to just everyone. Lord knew Maya never would.

"I feel like a princess." She said, appreciating the comment. She shook her head at him slightly though as he finished the sentence. "Maybe not, but tonight you are my prince. It takes more than blonde hair and a chiseled jaw to be a prince you know." She added, referencing one of her least favourite Disney stories. "It doesn't matter anyway, why would I want a prince when I have you?" She asked before thinking about his next question. Dancing or food wasn't exactly a tough choice, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to risk ripping the dress. The material was pretty tough, but that didn't mean it couldn't easily get ripped. On the other hand however, she could spill something on her dress and ruin it, though there were spells to fix both and she was sure she would remember them if she needed them. She stepped slightly away from Graeme and spun on the spot. "You know me, Graeme, I never pass up the chance for a dance!"

Graeme definitely thought that Maya looked like a princess, she looked amazing, and he could only see the old princess dressed from the old disney movies he'd watched growing up, he wasn't a prince by those standards, he didn't have the things which she said they had, he was never going to have those things, the only prince he resembled were the sons of the clan's men in that one disney film about his home country, kilt adorned, heavily accented, and a land so filled with magic it was almost bursting at the seams, it almost made sense in that way that the old Hogwarts sat proudly in one of the glens of Scotland, stood proud against the trees, forests and Lochs of the ancient country. He smiled at Maya, at her compliment, "Well, don't you know how to make a guy feel special," he told her with a small laugh but he was clearly happy for the compliment, "I'm a prince of the north, the son of a clansmen, the harsh winters and winds give us this more rugged look," he told her with a small chuckle, before letting her decide what she wanted to do, which would also make Graeme pretty happy with what they were doing.

Graeme watched with a smile as she spun on the spot and then headed to the dance floor, he took her by the hand and lead her out to a spot and then allowed her to lead in the dancing, he found it pretty easy to follow along, he didn't really dance, but he found himself really enjoying himself with her. The kilt had it's purpose in allowing free movement as he danced with Maya, he didn't struggle, just allowed the night to slip away as they danced with ease to the music, as the song changed, Graeme just smiled at her, "Do you want to learn an old ceilidh dance?" he asked her, the teen knew that within the great hall, being the only ones to dance like that might be a little annoying, but he figured it would be fine, and all they needed would be a song with a steady beat to keep in time, but really, half the fun of ceilidh's was the chaos of no one really knowing what they were doing, the in-accurateness of the circle which had started perfect and just getting completely out of breathe, "I can lead simply, I'll teach you the gay gordons because it's a really simple one" Graeme then just smiled at her, waiting for her to trust him to do this, and for her to get ready for him to teach her this one dance.

Prince of the North and son of a clansman. "See, there's your Disney movie. It does exist!" Maya was proud of both herself and of Graeme. He accepted her Disney obsession and she was very thankful for that. Though she relied on them less and less these days, they were still very much a part of her and that wasn't likely to ever change, at least she hoped not. The Yule ball was a great excuse for Maya to be close to Graeme and not feel insecure about it. Dancing was all about the closeness and she appreciated that. Though she often used hugs as an excuse, having something else to rely on was also good, he'd catch on soon enough and she didn't know what she'd do if the jig was up. "A Prince just needs a Princess." The sum of every story ever really. At least of the ones that she read. Still, it didn't necessarily mean anything either.

As they got to the part of the hall that was designated for dancing, Maya kind of went off on her own a little bit. She stayed near to Graeme, but she wasn't the most graceful dancer around and was sure she stepped on a couple of toes, including her own at one point. That had nearly turned into a hot mess. Graeme soon suggested teaching her a style of dance that she was never going to be able to pronounce and she nodded enthusiastically. "I'll never pass up a chance like that! Please do!" He told her he'd teach her the gay gordons, whatever that was and Maya stood still, the skirt of her dress swishing a little as she smiled at him and stopped moving. "Okay, what do I need to do?"

Graeme had been dancing along with her and although he was dancing a little separately, he kept his eyes on her, unable to move them off her, he did quite simply love watching her do something she just enjoyed doing, the way she smiled at him and seemed to not even mind the others around her and he found his own smile growing at her dance moves. He had only suggested the old style of dancing because he did think that these Yuleballs lacked a bit of collective dancing, although he thought it would be pretty hard for people to dance in some of the dresses and any restrictive suits wouldn't allow for all the movement that the dancing really allowed, he was glad when she agreed to dance like that, he was running through it in his brain, since it just took a few moments for him to really remember the exact dance, "It's really simple, everything is in four," he told her with a grin knowing to keep to the simplest dance because of her dress and he was sure heels too, which weren't exactly the best thing for dancing at ceilidh's. He grinned happily at her, he was always so thankful that he had ended up with a date who was willing to learn from this from him.

The teen stood in a position and then looked to her, "I need you tae stand like this," he said to her, and waited for her to do it before filling in the position beside her, he knew that this might be a little complicated to do it with no one else doing it, but he was happy to try, "Right, it's simple, we go forward fae four and then turn and back fae four," he explained before then going through the step, the turn was a little strange but why they were in a strange sort of starting position, "Then you spin under my arm for four as we move forward, and then we polka for four," he took her through all the steps carefully, "And that's it, just repeat until the song is over," he told her with a smile, since that was really all there was to the dance, but he went through it with her again slowly, just to be sure that she had it. Graeme was glad the song which followed was a slightly more upbeat song which then meant they could do the dance itself at the normal time pace, "Don't worry about getting it wrong, I'll guide you along" he told her smiling brightly at her, before offering to get into position and starting the dance, if he was right this was completely wipe them out and they could get a drink afterwards.

Maya listened carefully to the instructions she was told and watched as Graeme demonstrated the positions. Everything was in four, which would hopefully be easy for her to remember and learn the dance. She was excited that he was teaching her a dance from his home. She had no such dances to teach him as she did not study many of the aboriginal dances when she was younger. That was mainly reserved for her brothers and cousins. Still, she knew a couple of dances that she could teach him some time, though they could not be performed without the proper music, didgeridoo's and clapping sticks. Her younger brother could play the didgeridoo and she had some clapping sticks at home. Though she wasn't necessarily very good at using them. "Okay, I'll follow your lead." She watched as he showed her the starting position and then stepped into the position he showed her, moving her dress out of the way so that it didn't cause her too much trouble. She hoped that she didn't step on anyone or get in their way because that would be embarrassing. Falling over wouldn't be any fun either and she hoped that didn't happen too.

The moves themselves seemed to be fairly simple and Maya watched him a couple of times, getting the moves into her head. She wasn't the best dancer, but she was great with instructions. "Four forward and four back." That seemed to be the most important part. Surely the rest of the dance would follow this combination as well. Such as a waltz which was three steps, this one was four. The turn was a little weird and she tripped over herself at first, latching onto Graeme to keep herself steady as he took her through the rest of the moves. She didn't know the name of most of the moves but she watched his feet so that she could see how he was moving. She bit her lip as he went through the steps again and the song soon came to an end. Thus ended their short lesson. Another song started and this one seemed to match well with the steps. "Okay, let's do this." Maya get into position beside Graeme and grinned. "I apologise in advance for your feet."

Graeme had to admit that there was too many complicated things within Scottish dancing, it wasn't particularly hard and that was pretty much why he knew he would be able to teach it to her without much trouble. It was a simple thing, a simple dance which just felt complicated, and he could see by the way that she was following his somewhat lacking instructions that it wasn't going to be too bad figuring out how best to get this dance to just be danced, so once he had walked her through it a little better the teen just jumped straight into it, he counted the steps for her as they went, though it was a little quicker than the first time they had done it, he was just guiding her along as they went and trying to ensure that she was doing all the right things, even if it was just a little bit mess but, Graeme thought it was a lot of fun and he was smiling so broadly he felt like the only thing missing was a little bit of scottish music to go along with it.

When the song finally ended, Graeme was a little out of breath but overall very happy, his quidditch training meant he wasn't as out of breath as he would otherwise be, "Oh man," he laughed as he let out a long breath, "I forget how intensive they dances are," he smiled at her and then motioned to the drinks table, "Come on, drinks," the teen said to her, taking her lightly by the hand and leading her to the drinks table and pouring one for both her and himself, sipping it lightly as he looked at Maya was a smile, "Maya, I know we've kind of been dating a bit, and I don't really want tae rush intae anything, but do you want tae be my girlfriend?" he asked, with a small smile, he had been waiting to make their relationship more official and now seemed like the right kind of time, they were having fun, she looked just so amazing to him and he really liked her, what better time was there than right this moment.

The dance itself turned out to be less complicated than Maya had initially thought and now that she seemed to have gotten most of the steps down, she was pretty confident, though she was sure she looked like a goose dancing around to a song she could hear in her head. With Graeme though, she didn't look so silly, because at least it was the both of them and not only her. When the song finally ended however Maya noted that she was quite a lot less fitter than her date and had to take a moment to catch her breath, though she was still grinning. "Oh... man... is... right." She said through small gasps for air. Dancing was fun, but she'd never really danced in an actual formation with proper moves and an actual structure. She had been trying to keep up with Graeme, but he was so fit from Quidditch and she barely even jogged that it was a mostly impossible task. "I don't think... I'll ever... forget that." Maya stood up straight as he breathing became more even, a grin still plastered on her face. Intense dance aside, she had a lot of fun. She was pretty sure she might say no next time he wanted to teach her something though, because lord knew how intense the next thing would be.

"Remind me to say no next time, who knows what you'll show me." She laughed, nodding as he gestured to the drinks table and took her hand, leading her towards them. Maya's face was flushed due to the nature of their previous activities and she fanned herself to cool down a little. Long dresses and Scottish dances did not mix. Maya gently took the drink from him and brought it to her mouth, the cool drink made her smile and she looked at Graeme as he started talking again. She froze with the cup still held against her mouth. She didn't really know what else she was supposed to do. She wanted to fly right now. She was terribly excited and a little surprised. She didn't know what she was expecting, but this wasn't it. Graeme was surprising her at every turn these days and she had to admit that it was a lot of fun. She smiled at him, but realising that she was still holding her cup she placed it on the table and jumped into his arms. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" What kind of a question was that really? Anyone would be crazy to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back