After the sun sets

Ryan Porter

OOC First Name
Laura
Wand
better than yours
Ryan sat on a bench on the street where he used to live. As usual Manchester was not quiet, it was always awake and as it was after hours and dark he knew the type of people that lurked around Old Trafford as he was near Moss Side after all and all of the muggles seemed to be cautious of it around there. Ryan didnt care, they couldnt hurt him. What were they going to do?Stab him? Try and beat him up? He could heal himself and he could seriously throw and punch as he spent his whole child hood and school life getting into fights near enough everyday and that still had not changed. Besides even now he was well known around here because of his parents and his reputation. People knew not to mess with him if they didnt want to end up in hospital or worse.

Ryan stood up and stretched out. He had been sat in front of his old house that was now inhabited by disgusting muggles. He hated what they had done to the place, it looked nearly as disagreeable as the vermin inside the place did. Either way he was in Manchester now and he knew the owner of a pub in Sale so he could get a free drink there. Ryan checked there was no one watching him before he apperated into Sale outside the pub. It was a rather large place that had no particular color to it but he knew it did good drinks and it would be quiet at this time of night as this was only a small enough village.

Ryan walked up the steps to the building and pushed open the doors and was hit with a wall of heat as he walked through to the bar. It was as he suspected, it was quiet with only a few people sat at tables. Ryan walked to the bar and smiled at the manager. The guy was a half blood muggle lover and Ryan would never spend any time with him outside of the pub but would put up with him right now because of his blood and because of the free drinks. "Alright Paul. Il have a beer please." He said as he looked around the pub one last time before sipping his drink when it arrived. He sat on a stool by the bar so he wouldnt need to keep getting up for more drinks

Leah made her way down the dark streets in search of a decent pub. She had made yet another trip to England, having gotten a word that her father had passed through here recently. Now that she had funds to spare, she had found a capable wizard to track the man, and send her word of his whereabouts. She had actually come close to confronting him this time, but alas he must have found out some how and had vanished without a trace. It had been a wasted trip, and now all the woman wanted was a strong drink and a warm bed for the night.

A wasted trip she had made. Time to make it a bit more enjoyable... She thought to herself, entering a pub. This one would do for now. It was almost empty hardly a person i sight... absolutely perfect. Leah went to the bar and said, "Shot of whiskey." Start with the hard stuff.

Ryan carried on sipping his drink until it was around half empty. He ordered another in advance so he could move strait on to the next. He took a sip as he heard the door open and he glanced to his side to see a girl walk in. Taking a mouthful of his drink as the girl went to the bar and ordered a drink. He turned his head to check her out. Pretty enough. Maybe something to amuse me for the night before i head home. He though to himself as he heard the drink she was ordering. "Thats kind of a strong drink you must have a high tolerance." He said as he made his presence known to her.

Pushing his now empty glass to one side he picked up his full one and stood up as he walked next to her and looked at Paul. "Her drinks on me" He said knowing it would be free now. He looked beck to her and smiled. "Hi. Im Connor" He said using his middle name like usual when he introduced himself to a stranger. It was safer in his eyes and it was also out of habit.

"Not really." Leah answered as a fairly attractive man approached her. She studied him, not sure if she should open up and have a conversation with him. He was a stranger after all, and she was not quite sure of his blood status. Nevertheless, he was a handsome man and exactly the sort of man she preyed on for a god time before never seeing him again. "The drinks are on you, then? What have you got in your head, Connor?" She slunk a few inches closer to him with a smile on her face. "I am Leah." She did not care if he knew her real name or not. She was not well known in the wizarding or muggle world, and so giving out her name did not matter much to her.

The bartender sat the shot on the bar, and she picked it up and drank it with one gulp. Liquid courage, if drinken just enough, and liquid stupidity if drinken to much.

Ryan looked down at his drink. It was a yellow brown color and was not his normal sort of drink. He usually opted for a firewhiskey or sometimes on a rare occasion he would have his favorite drink, Bushmills, Irish Whiskey. It had been his first Alcoholic drink to taste and he had taken to it at once even though a lot of people he knew then hated whiskey, he had been the strange one and liked it on first try. "Well its not my usual sort of drink but these sorts of places wouldnt sell that sort of stiff anyway. Its just a beer." He said looking up from his drink and looking at the pretty girl in front of him. "Leah. Pretty name. Matches you perfectly." He said with a very slight smile. This was not Ryans usual sort of behavior but he was allowed to not be evil for one night when there was a pretty girl in front of him. Her blood status didnt matter right now as he was only after one thing and he would assume she wasnt filth until he knew different. "Do you want one of these then? Or something more...well drinkable?" He asked placing his glass on the side and looking back to her again

"What kind of drinks are you talking about?" Leah questioned. "Firewhiskey?" She wanted to make doubly sure that he was not a random muggle off the streets. It didn't matter to much to her, but she wanted to know if the man she might possibly be sleeping with was a wizard or not. "Isn't it funny that the name usually matches the person? But, oddly enough...your name does not match you too well." He seemed as if he should be named something different. "I'd like something...more drinkable."

Ryan was about to answer but she answered before he could. He looked at her puzzled for a second before catching himself and regaining his emotionless shell. She could still be a muggle or worse. He knew that muggle knew about wizards and such. "Indeed. Firewhiskey. The good stuff but nothing like the Irish whiskey." He said as he let his irish accent ease out. He did naturally sound Irish but he often his it and sometimes sounded English or had the New Zealand accent. Because he had moved around a lot in his life he had lot of accents but he had made sure not to loose the Irish in his so he had something that connected him with his mother. He even went to Ireland on holiday sometimes. He had a house there too. It was the house that his parents used to own but he had bought it after they went to Azkaban. "Well maybe when if we get to know each other a bit better you may hear the name that fits me better." He said again with his accent. He wouldnt be hiding it tonight, too much effort. "Well as far as drinkable goes in these places you could probably have another whiskey but in that case i will get you a bushmills. My favorite drink of them all. Or you can have wine. Unless you know of any better muggle drinks that is. Mind you i have firewhiskey back in my place if you want some of that." Ryan said taking a small sip of his fosters beer. He really didnt particularly like this stuf but it made him blend in a little better because everyone else drank it and he wasnt really one to stand out in a crowd when he didnt want to. He could be invisible when he needed to be, like a shadow in the night

Leah smirked, figuring that he must be a wizard to know about Fire Whiskey. She wanted to make sure before saying anything that could compromise the Statute of Secrecy. "Where did you attend school?" It was an odd question, but his answer would be the key point in determining whether or not he was a muggle. She dearly hoped he wouldn't lie and say a random muggle school, or worse yet.. home schooled. The bartender sat down a two glasses of wine, and Leah began to sip on hers, enjoying the taste.

"Wine... I hardly ever get to drink it, so it's a luxury for me." She shared with Connor. "So you enjoy the mu-" Leah stopped in mid sentence from saying the word muggle. She cleared her throat. "So, you enjoy beers, then?" She repeated.

When Connor invited her back to his place, Leah studied him a bit. "I'd like that. I don't have any alcohol at my place."

Ryan lifted the glass to his lips and forced the last part of the liquid down his throat and pushed the glass to his side. He thought about her question, he didnt need to think about where he went just think about what to say. "Oh you may not have heard of it. Most people around here havnt. It was a school in Scotland." He said passingly. He didnt want to say Hogwarts in front of her just in case she was in fact a muggle. He hoped she wasnt, she was too pretty to me a muggle or worse.

Ryan looked down as the bar tender placed two glasses of wine on the couter. He nodded as thanks then looked away. He wasnt a wine drinker, didnt like the taste. Not now not ever. "Not at all. They just help me blend in. Im not one who likes to be noticed in these sorts of places. In my line of work it isnt wise to be noticed." He said before glancing around the room. No one was paying them any attention which was good.

Turning his attention back to Leah when she spoke he smile fakely as usual but since he had been doing it most of his life it was impossible to tear apart from his normal smile, mainly because he very rarely genually smiled so no one really knew what his real one looked like. "Oh good well i hae a house a few moments away from here but since its in another country i know of a hotel around here." He said not wanting to risk apperating with her. "So what school did you attend?" He asked her

Scotland. Could be Hogwarts Scotland... Leah pondered, deciding to let it pass. He was either a muggle and didn't really understand, or a wizard that suspected she was a muggle and didn't wish to give out any sort of secrets. "To answer your question, I went to a school in New Zealand. I never did finish, though. There were better things to do out in the world, besides school." It was something she always stood by. Dropping out of Hogwarts had been the best thing to ever happen. She had accomplished a lot, and joining the Death Eaters had been something she always wanted to do.

She nodded as he said it was not a good thing to be noticed. "What sort of work do you do?" She asked curiously. He seemed to be a type of person that held a lot fo secrets, and his comment about not wanting to stand out somewhat confirmed it. "A hotel would be nice. I've been needing to find somewhere to stay for the night before traveling back to New Zealand."

Ryan nodded tohimself at what she said. Hogwarts New Zealand possibley. He reflected to himself as she said that she had attened a school in New Zealand. Ran had finished school and with near perfect grades too. He had the best grades out of his entire year and he was feared from most of his year. People had known who he was and they had known that he had not been one to mess with.

Porter shrugged. He wasnt about to give that information out to any body. He couldnt ignor it though, it would look suspicious so he answered with what he usually did. "Oh nothing much. An office ob. Pushing files around." He said with another shrug. It was a simple enough answer and it was a normal everyday job that would be easily forgotten. Although truth be told he didnt know of a hotel around here so he would ust have to impervise. If she was a muggle then she would be unused to the feel of apperating so if he thought of a way tp apperate her without her knowing he could get her to his place.

Standing up he held out his hand for her. "You know where i come from it is customary to carry the pretty lass home. You wouldnt deny me of my belief would you?" He said with a chamring grin on his face as he thought of an idea that may just work, if he got her to close her eyes anyway

"It sounds delightfully boring." Leah told him as he let her know what his job was. Sometimes boring was a good thing... you didn't stand out, and no one took much notice of you. Her job was certainly not boring. Working at The Silver Snake was something a bit more dangerous. The Ministry probably kept tabs on people who worked in stores that handled the Dark Arts so intimately. She had not been bothered by them, but that was mainly because she kept her nose out of trouble. As far as they knew, anyway.

Leah took his hand and stood up facing him. "Of course not." She assured him.

Ryan shrugged. His job was no where near boring but he wasnt going to tll her that he was a death eater. Only people he thought reliable knew that sort of thing about him. "Well im thinking of moving. Not enough entertainment." He said as he smiled when she allowed him to carry her. He put one arm behind her shoulders and another behind her knees picked her up and walked to the main doors. You may want to close your eyes. This place is really nice, may even take your breath away." Ryan said before scanning behind him to make sure no one was watching. "That is if you trust me enough to close your eyes." He said quietly as he looked back to her again.

Leah laughed as he picked her up and carried her out of the pub. She didn't really trust him, but she was fully capable of defending herself if he attacked her. "Okay." She closed her eyes, and waited to see what would happen.

((Next post will be longer))

Ryan watched as Leah closed her eyes. He took another quickly glance around the place to make sure no eyes were on them. They werent so he quickly qpperated, making sure to keep a tight hold on her. As his feet landed on the ground again he looked up at his house. He liked it here. It was just in the opening in a small wood. It was quiet and he had bought it after his parents had gone to Azkaban. It had been their second home as when they were not on missions they went to there when Ryan was off school. This was how Ryan kept his Irish accent. "You can open them now. I thought my place was better than some cheap hotel." He said as he began to walk towards the door

(Ok. Mines wasnt too good eigher)

As Leah laid held in Connor's arms she felt the familiar tug of apparating. A smirk formed upon her lips as she opened them mid way, and saw the world spinning around. Yes. He was a wizard... and she could not believe that he would chance apparating with someone.. what if she would have been a muggle? He would have Obliviators and MLE swooping upon him as soon as he sat foot on the ground. They arrived to a nice little house, and Leah helped herself out of the mans arms as they crossed the threshhold. "I knew you were a wizard. It was incredibly obvious." Her smirk stayed put... partly because of the smugness she felt.

"Anyway, I do love your home. It's comfortable."

Ryan helped her on the floor. he kind knew she was a wizard or at least someone who knew about them. "yeahasit was obvious you were to. hogwarts new zealand iguess" he said as took out his wand and flicked it at the door, watching as it swung open. he looked to his side and smiled at her. "you didnt think that i would knowing apperate someone i knew for certain was a fil-, muggle did you? aint that blonde." ryan said to her as he stepped in to his house. He had to stop himself from say filthy muggles as she may have been one of those weird wizards that actually like muggles. "yeah it nice. used to be my parents before they were sent away" ryan walked into the kitchen opened the fridge. "what kind of drink are you looking for?" he asked her

"Yes, I went there for a short while." Leah responded. It had been a bit risky apparating with someone of unknown descent. She was happy to hear he had suspected her of being a witch, and not just taking a chance. "A bit of a blonde yes." She smiled at the muggle term. Even she herself had used muggle terms such as that, and it wasn't a bad thing unless you adapted all of their disgusting habits. She wondered why his parents were sent away, but decided to to pry for personal information. It could make him uncomfortable, and it would also ruin the sensual mood.

"I'm not to thirsty anymore." Leah replied, walking up behind him. She placed her hand on his shoulder, and tugged him to face her.

Ryan smiled very slightly at what she said. True he had been a bit blonde, but he could blame that on him being blonde as a child. When he felt her hand on his shoulder tugging him to face her he did as she was basicly telling to do. He looked at her for a split second, judging what to do. He leant down and kissed her. Placing his hands on her waist as he pulled her closer t in to him. He reached ou his hand and shut the fridge door then returned his hand on her waist. He pulled away but his forehead was touching hers. "Bedroom?" He asked, more suggesting it than asking really.

Leah sunk into his kiss, running her hands up his neck and grasping into his hair pulling him closer and closer. Her heart beat quickly, for the excitement of doing something so....naughty always made her adrenaline pump. As they parted, Leah stared into his eyes, a sly smile playing on her lips. "Perhaps, M'Lord." She said in a whisper. She pushed him against the wall, and kissed him roughly, pulling off her shirt and slowly unbuttoning his.

-The next morning-

Leah woke to birds chirping. She had always enjoyed that sound... it was so peaceful. The birds carried out their daily tasks, happily...and they were so free. She yawned, and and opened her eyes, finding herself lying in a strange bed with none other than Connor. Last night was something she remembered very clearly. She had purposely not gotten drunk just so she could remember the nights events. And they were great. He seemed to be sleeping soundly, and she didn't wish to disturb him.

Leah stood up quietly and made her way into the living room, picking up random pieces of clothing that had been tossed away with wild abandon.

Ryan opened one eye as he felt himself wake up. He was still tired but h knew there wouldnt be much point to go back to sleep as he was already away now. He yawned stretched out and sat up. A grin placing itself on his lips as he thought about last night. He knew he wouldt be forgetting that night in a hurry. Ryan sighed as he stood up and put some underwear on. He assumed Leah would have left now as girls usually did after he had finished with them. Once he had some boxers on Ryan walked out of the door and down stairs. Walking past the living room and stopping as he saw Leah. "Morning." He said to her glancing at her clothes then walking into the room. He picked up her bra from the couch with his finger so it was dangling. "Urm i think thats yours." He said with a slight smile. "I highly doubt it will be mine." He joked. "Can i get you anything?" He asked her. He was always in a good mood after doing something like that with a girl. Maybe it was his ego boosting up, what ever it was it had put him in a good mood

Leah covered herself with her shirt as Connor entered the room. "Good morning. I hope I didn't wake you." She said, as he helped her find some of her other clothing items. She studied him as he reached down for her bra. He did look delicious standing in the living room with only a pair of briefs on. "Unless you are keeping a secret from me, then yes. That's mine." She joked taking it from him. She put on the rest of her clothes, and went to stand in front of Connor. "I'm not really hungry or anything. Thank you very much for last night. It was exactly what I needed."

Ryan smiled at her and shook his head. "Oh no dont worry you didnt wake me." He said as he watched her dress then looked away in case she may have felt uncomfortable with him watching. He chuckled. "Oh as im sure your fully away. Im all man, no lady part to speak of." He said with a chuckle. When sh stood in front of him h looked back t her with a smile. "Well im glad i made your night. Maybe i can make it again some time" Ryan offered as he panted a kiss on her lips and rested his hand on the top of her arms

"Good. I didn't want to wake you, but I also didn't want to leave without saying farewell." Leah kissed him back, and pulled away smiling. "I'll see you around, Connor." She wasn't exactly sure if she really would, but something told her that maybe they would meet again. Leah grabbed her handbag and stepped out the door, turning to give Connor one last wave goodbye, before apparating away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back