Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Yellow Rose for Jasper Night

Sam Mackintosh was never exactly sure why she signed up for this rose delivery thing, but maybe somewhere deep inside she realised that she wanted to know more people around her, and, guiltily, because she wanted more people to know her. She was in her third year and besides having stellar grades she needed to make a name for herself. Not necessarily in a bad or selfish way, but more so to ease the pressure she felt from her family, no matter how good their intentions were. Sam wasn’t the youngest, nor the oldest child, but she was the second oldest here at Hogwarts and that counted way more than the fact that she was a middle child (well, sort of). She didn’t want her reputation to be ruined by her sister now that she was also at the school, too. First though, she needed to deliver all of these roses. Upon reaching the Slytherin table in the great hall, Sam looked at the first person on her list to make sure she had been right. She wasn’t sure who the boy was, or what he looked like, but she was familiar with some names of her younger housemates. Jasper Night being one of them. "Hello, is Jasper Night here?" she called, and not knowing whether she’d been heard, she cleared her throat again. "Does anyone know a Jasper Night?"

Jasper was eating happily, enjoying his day so far. He had received one rose, which was kind of cool. Flowers were a bit girly, but the idea of sending ones to a friend was pretty nice. He took a big bite of his food, then nearly choked on it in his haste to raise his hand as someone called his name. Was he going to get another rose? He swallowed his food, then stood on the bench to wave and make sure the girl saw him. "Here!" He called out. "I'm Jasper Night!"

Sam was about to turn around and head back when in the corner of her eye she saw a boy raise his hand and say that it was him she was looking for. Sam smiled, delighted that she had found him so soon, and went over to him. "Hey! I’m Sam, and I’ve got a rose for you!" She pulled out the yellow rose, that also had a note attached to it. "Here you go," she said, holding the items out to Jasper.​

Hey Jasper,

Here's to the best knight (or Night, hehe) a forest fairy could ask for!

Love,
Maddy

Jasper smiled at the blond girl, though he was a little impatient to get the rose. He took it from her and grinned. "Thanks, Sam!" then he tore open the note impatiently to see who had sent it. It was from Maddy, and the note was pretty sweet. "Do you want the rose?" He asked the girl as he pocketed the note. "I'd just throw it out."

The eagerness on the boy’s face was enough to make Sam smile as she handed over the rose and note to him, it was cute whenever someone's kind gesture of giving a rose to someone else was appreciated by the person receiving it. It was clear to the third year that Jasper was a likeable person, too. She chuckled when he offered her the rose, as much as she wanted to do him a favour, it just didn’t seem right to take a rose meant for him. "I think you should keep it," she said gently. "It was for you, after all. Besides, it’s a nice memory." Sam hoped she could convince her housemate to keep the flower. What would she do with it?

Jasper was a little disappointed as the girl said she didn't want to take the rose. What was he supposed to do with it now? He scoffed a little at her suggestion. "What? That's dumb, it's going to wilt in a few days." He said, gesturing with the rose for emphasis. "I don't need a nice memory for a few days. And you're a girl. Don't girls like flowers?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back