Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
10 in. English Oak with Unicorn Hair Core
Hey all,

I used to be a member of this site years ago and I thought I would come back. I am starting slow and small with a new character who could always use a few threads.

Soren Fell

Soren is an American Expat wizard who recently relocated to New Zealand after the passing of his father. He needed a fresh start and so he figured that New Zealand was as good a place as any. With that in mind he packed everything he owned and moved into a small apartment outside of the Harbour. He is currently exploring the area and will likely look for a job once he gets a lay of the land.

Soren is a nature loving and artistic soul who loves to try new things and explore. He is in his mid thirties so he has a clear understanding of who he is and what he wants out of life. He is gay but he does let that define him but rather enhance the great person he strives to be at the end of the day.

Being new he will mostly be looking for friends but some of those friends could grow into something more romantic. He is not someone who blindly dates people but likes to get to know the person he hangs with before taking anything too serious. He does not have an enemies at the moment but he would be up to maybe work place drama down the road depending on his job.

I am pretty laid back with plots and will have a bio up and graphics when I get home. I just wanted to put feelers out there to see if anyone might be interested.

Hi Brad, I'm Amanda. I don't think we've met (I was on this site years ago and returned as well ^_^ ) Either way, welcome back!

If Soren went to Ilvermorny, I have a number of characters who he could have potentially known/run into at school. Several are also expats to NZ (it's complicated.)

Hi Brad, I'm Amanda. I don't think we've met (I was on this site years ago and returned as well ^_^ ) Either way, welcome back!

If Soren went to Ilvermorny, I have a number of characters who he could have potentially known/run into at school. Several are also expats to NZ (it's complicated.)

Sweet.

I played a few characters here there in my day but then again I am sure we all have played quite a few.

I am definitely interested. Who did you have in mind?

Hey bro :D

I have a character Leo Malstrom who could possibly be friends with Soren! Leo is in a band full time and he travels a bit but he is settled in NZ when the band isn't touring, I can see them having a drink and a chat somewhere in Obsidian Harbour? Leo does need a friend outside of his band, he spends far too much time with them and though they are like his family, he needs to breathe sometimes and get away you know?

Let me know what you think!

Hey bro :D

I have a character Leo Malstrom who could possibly be friends with Soren! Leo is in a band full time and he travels a bit but he is settled in NZ when the band isn't touring, I can see them having a drink and a chat somewhere in Obsidian Harbour? Leo does need a friend outside of his band, he spends far too much time with them and though they are like his family, he needs to breathe sometimes and get away you know?

Soren does love a good local band. Being new to town he will need people to sort of showing him the sights and introduce him to the local scene. He is going to do a little exploring on his own but it is always good to have a buddy to do stuff with and get him out of the apartment. Does the band play anywhere near the Harbour?

Soren does love a good local band. Being new to town he will need people to sort of showing him the sights and introduce him to the local scene. He is going to do a little exploring on his own but it is always good to have a buddy to do stuff with and get him out of the apartment. Does the band play anywhere near the Harbour?
They probably play near the Harbour yeah, in any venue that would let them play, really, so Leo could be anywhere to grab a drink in theory :p

They probably play near the Harbour yeah, in any venue that would let them play, really, so Leo could be anywhere to grab a drink in theory :p
I can certainly work with that! Did you want me to start something?

I will send you a link as soon as I get something up for you!

Hiiiii Brad :wub:

Welcome back twin! It's good to see you on the board. ^_^

I can offer @Eros Lee as a friend for Soren, maybe more if anything blossom from it.
He is my ministry employee that works for the department of improper use of magic. He basically made it his job to help muggleborns and halfbloods to transition into magic. He was a HNZ student but then transferred out and ended up graduating in Beauxbatons Academy.

When he is not working, he is doing activism stuff and a 'big brother' to the local youth center.

I don't want to offer you romance just yet because of my activity xD and anything goes to be honest. :)

@Soren Fell

If Soren went to Ilvermorny, which house was he in? I have three characters in his age range that I can think of, but I have others to play with as well:
  • Erik Drage- 34, Ilvermorny, Thunderbird. Also gay. He's a potioneer. Highly irresponsible, spontaneous, and non-serious. Based on your description I wonder if they would have gotten along at all in school. xD Could also offer him as an ex. He is currently living in New Zealand.
  • Teuila Faumuina- 33, Ilvermorny, Thunderbird. She's also a potioneer, but more grounded than Erik (they are friends from way back.) I'm trying to do more with her so she's just not the standard "family" character. She is married to Christian and they have three daughters together. Currently living in Samoa but probably moving to NZ.
  • Christian Drage-Dolohov- 31, Ilvermorny, Pukwudgie. He is a writer by trade (not famous by any means.) He is the more artistic of my characters. Aside from writing, he plays the cello. He is very straight-laced. Married to Teuila and currently living in Samoa. He is Erik's brother.
I did write up a recent plot development with some more info on each of the above: https://hogwarts.nz/threads/a-slightly-pretti-er-plots-post.102415/

Hiiiii Brad :wub:

Welcome back twin! It's good to see you on the board. ^_^

I can offer @Eros Lee as a friend for Soren, maybe more if anything blossom from it.
He is my ministry employee that works for the department of improper use of magic. He basically made it his job to help muggleborns and halfbloods to transition into magic. He was a HNZ student but then transferred out and ended up graduating in Beauxbatons Academy.

When he is not working, he is doing activism stuff and a 'big brother' to the local youth center.

I don't want to offer you romance just yet because of my activity xD and anything goes to be honest. :)

Hey,

Life I totally get that. Eros seems like a pretty chill guy and seems very down to earth with a good heart. Again since I am diving back in I do not want to jump on the romance train either. It is not in Soren's personality to throw himself into a relationship too suddenly without first getting to know someone first. So with that, I think the two could become friends. Did we want to do a random sort of bump into each other kind of thread or do we want to have them meet somewhere else? What works for you?

Understandable. :D

Hmm, how about a visit at the community center where he volunteers?

Soren can be taking some artsy class or something? :)

@Soren Fell

If Soren went to Ilvermorny, which house was he in? I have three characters in his age range that I can think of, but I have others to play with as well:
  • Erik Drage- 34, Ilvermorny, Thunderbird. Also gay. He's a potioneer. Highly irresponsible, spontaneous, and non-serious. Based on your description I wonder if they would have gotten along at all in school. xD Could also offer him as an ex. He is currently living in New Zealand.
  • Teuila Faumuina- 33, Ilvermorny, Thunderbird. She's also a potioneer, but more grounded than Erik (they are friends from way back.) I'm trying to do more with her so she's just not the standard "family" character. She is married to Christian and they have three daughters together. Currently living in Samoa but probably moving to NZ.
  • Christian Drage-Dolohov- 31, Ilvermorny, Pukwudgie. He is a writer by trade (not famous by any means.) He is the more artistic of my characters. Aside from writing, he plays the cello. He is very straight-laced. Married to Teuila and currently living in Samoa. He is Erik's brother.
I did write up a recent plot development with some more info on each of the above: https://hogwarts.nz/threads/a-slightly-pretti-er-plots-post.102415/

So Soren would have gone to school with all three. Erik and Teuila would have shared a house with him as he is a member of the thunderbird house. He may be a year or so ahead of the older ones and several years ahead of the youngest. I can see Soren getting into trouble with Erik for sure when they were younger. I can see him getting along well with Teu and Christian as they could be his "responsible friends" the kind of friends that he can turn to if he wants to have a serious conversation about life.

Erik and Soren could have a past, maybe schoolyard crush or school romance sort of thing. Something where they were young, inexperienced, and reckless. Maybe it ended slightly messy at the time but they kind of grew up and remained friendly toward each other over the years. This would set up potential drama and character development?

Understandable. :D

Hmm, how about a visit at the community center where he volunteers?

Soren can be taking some artsy class or something? :)
We can do a community center, but let's go with the two running into each other in the hall in the gym, as I can see him playing basketball or something physical to sort of have an outlet as his painting stuff will still be all boxed up. How does that sound? Maybe Eros is doing something with the kids in the gym and the two meet that way?

We can do a community center, but let's go with the two running into each other in the hall in the gym, as I can see him playing basketball or something physical to sort of have an outlet as his painting stuff will still be all boxed up. How does that sound? Maybe Eros is doing something with the kids in the gym and the two meet that way?

This sounds fun! Let's do it.

So Soren would have gone to school with all three. Erik and Teuila would have shared a house with him as he is a member of the thunderbird house. He may be a year or so ahead of the older ones and several years ahead of the youngest. I can see Soren getting into trouble with Erik for sure when they were younger. I can see him getting along well with Teu and Christian as they could be his "responsible friends" the kind of friends that he can turn to if he wants to have a serious conversation about life.

Erik and Soren could have a past, maybe schoolyard crush or school romance sort of thing. Something where they were young, inexperienced, and reckless. Maybe it ended slightly messy at the time but they kind of grew up and remained friendly toward each other over the years. This would set up potential drama and character development?

I'm in favor of all of the above!

Teuila and Christian certainly are the "responsible friends." They've been living in Samoa since 2043-ish. Erik living in NZ is a newer development. He's bopped around the world since graduation.

I do work this weekend, so I might be a bit slower to respond to things. But I'd be happy to start something? ^_^

I'm in favor of all of the above!

Teuila and Christian certainly are the "responsible friends." They've been living in Samoa since 2043-ish. Erik living in NZ is a newer development. He's bopped around the world since graduation.

I do work this weekend, so I might be a bit slower to respond to things. But I'd be happy to start something? ^_^

Actually, I have a general "Bump" Opener that I can let you have where Soren is going to just be out and about and he runs into someone. Maybe we can start with a Erik/Soren thread that way we can sort of set up a little history. I am also good with us doing some alternate threads where we can thread out past stuff.

Once we have that set up then we can do a thread with Christian and Teu. Does that sound good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back