Sydney Townsend

Amateur Duellist | Smarter Than You

OOC First Name
Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sydney was pleased that their OWL level classes in Defense Against the Dark Arts were finally starting to show some promise. Last year's module on the Unforgivable curses had also piqued Sydney's interest and despite her enjoying the semester so far, she still couldn't shake the feeling like there was more they could be learning. She was tired of just having to stick to whatever the school deemed as worth their time, so maybe it was time she tried taking matters in her own hands for real. She knew there was really nothing stopping her from just studying curses on her own, but Sydney knew she probably wouldn't get very far without a little help, as much as she hated to admit it. At the very least, she could try to get access to the restricted section, which opened up a whole realm of possibilities.

Standing outside Professor Styx's office, Sydney took a moment to settle her prefect's badge on her chest. She hated the thing and everything it stood, but in this particular instance she hoped it might help her case. Styx had picked her for some reason after all, even if Sydney had no idea what. Clearing her throat, Sydney knocked on the door, waiting for a noise of acknowledgement before opening it. As much as she wanted to barge in and make her demands, she begrudgingly admitted she'd probably need to play by the rules if she wanted this request to go well. "Professor Styx, I was hoping I could talk to you about some individual study," She announced as she stepped into his office.

Professor Kalif Styx worked on a letter from his family, after looking over five different scrolls on updates for all of the members all around the globe. It was exhausting, and even at school, he could not escape from it. Oh well. A knock was heard, so he waved his hand and door opened. Entered in one of his new prefects. "What individual study are you requesting?" Styx asked, his voice stern and cold, though not unusual for anyone that spoke to him.

Sydney tried not to get distracted by what sort of books lined the shelves of Styx's office, instead trying to organize her thoughts incase she needed to plead her case. "I wanted to look more into spells that can effect the mind and free will. I've been doing my own reading already since we covered the unforgivables last year, but I know there's more material in the restricted section. I thought, with your permission, I might be able to look into it more," She said, folding her hands behind her. There were some professors who might raise an eye at a students interest in that kind of magic, but Sydney hoped her assessment of Styx and his willingness to not shy away from 'darker' magic would mean he was open to letting her pursue this. It wasn't like Sydney wanted to learn how to imperio anyone, she just found the way the spells functioned fascinating.

Professor Styx narrowed his eyes slightly, before hearing her out. After a moment's consideration, he saw no harm in allowing her access. He pulled out a small sheet of parchment and wrote down the permission slip. He held it out to her, "You are hereby given access. No one else will be allowed to accompany you, however."

There was a moment where Sydney wasn't sure if Styx was going to say yes. Or anything at all. She liked to think she'd gotten good at reading Professor Styx over the years having him as both a professor and head of house, but besides his more obvious dour moods, he was still almost impossible to read. Sydney couldn't help the pleased sigh of relief when Styx eventually approved her request, gladly taking the permission slip, already eager to see if she could squeeze in some time in the library now. "Understood, thank you, Professor," She said, quickly excusing herself. It might have taken over four years of trying, but she finally had an in to the restricted section, and she wasn't going to waste any more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back