Old School Week Adding Some Excitement

Nell sighed at the boy's incompetence, picking up the crayon he passed her. "Dresses aren't hard to draw, see?" She quickly drew a neat triangle around her legs, extending up her torso, then handed it back. "Easy peasy."

Jasper huffed, shrugging. "Well, I don't want to draw dresses." He said, raising his chin slightly. "But you didn't do a bad job. You can help me with the drawing." He said graciously, pushing another crayon over to her.

Nell rolled her eyes at the boy's refusal. "Well, that's boring." She retorted, but she accepted the offered crayons with pleasant surprise. "Yay!" Nell said happily and grabbed the orange, adding the neatest flowers she could to the grass around the castle.

Jasper frowned. "Dresses are boring. They're just... girly and stuff." He told her, as if that explained everything. He watched her draw for a moment, then grinned. "Told you crayons weren't all bad." He said, a triumphant tone to his voice. "Those are good flowers."

Nell's frown deepened. "They're pretty and nice! It's not bad for something to be girly!" She insisted. Nell rolled her eyes at his compliment. "They're nice because I'm good at drawing. The crayons are still bad." Nell paused for a moment. "But thank you." She added, remembering her manners.

Jasper shrugged. "Not bad when you're a girl." He said pointedly. He huffed when she said it was nice because she was good at drawing, giving her a skeptical look. "You're okay at drawing, but the crayons are helping it be better." He said pointedly. "The flowers are nice because the crayon is a nice color." He pointed at once. "That one looks crooked though."

Nell frowned at the obnoxious boy, getting more annoyed with him again. "There's nothing wrong with anyone being girly!" She said firmly. "Don't be silly!" Nell scoffed at his insults. "You can get nicer drawing supplies that have nice colours too! That one's wonky because the crayon isn't sharp, crayons are still terrible!"

Jasper frowned at Nell. "Why do you have to argue about everything? Fine! Girly thing is fine for people that like girly things, alright? But not me." He said, angrily coloring some grass on the paper with a green crayon. "And it's not the crayon's fault you drew a wonky flower. If you're that good at drawing, you should be able to make one that's not wonky even with a crayon." He grinned, as if making a very good point she couldn't possibly refute.

Nell's frown only deepened when the boy asked why she had to argue. "Because you're being silly!" She retorted, though his response relieved her somewhat. "Fine." Nell said firmly. Jasper's next insult flared her temper up again though. "I drew a great flower! The crayon went wonky in the middle of it because it's a crayon!" She snapped back. "Crayons go wonky sometimes!"

Jasper stuck out his tongue at Nell. "You're being silly." He countered, knowing it wasn't a real argument but still happy to say it. Jasper laughed a little when she got all angry about the wonky flower, leaning his chin on his hand as he looked at her. "A good artist can deal with wonky crayons." He insisted, a grin on his face. "Maybe you just drew it wonky and are now blaming the crayon. You can't prove it."

Nell rolled her eyes, getting more and more frustrated. "I drew it fine!" She snapped. "Why do you keep insisting I can't do anything right? I'm really good at lots of things, you're being so rude!"

Jasper frowned at the girl. "Because you keep insisting my crayons are bad! That's rude because they're mine." He told her, as if that was obvious. "They're not bad, and you're being rude by saying that they're not good to draw with." He shrugged. "I bet you're good at a lot, though not as much as me. I'm just saying it probably wasn't just the crayon's fault." He started coloring in the grass, glancing at the girl as he did so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back