OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Nell)
Jasper had promised his dad he would write a lot, and he did want to keep in contact with him. But he had forgotten that writing was really boring, and had only managed a short letter that didn't really describe anything. So he had thought of the next best thing: he would add some drawings and show his dad what Hogwarts was like! Armed with crayons, Jasper was busy working on a series of drawings for his dad to describe what Hogwarts was like. The first one was of the castle, and Jasper had a bit of trouble with the shape. But it did look like a castle, a little. He just had to be creative to make it a bit more exciting. With a grin, he grabbed an orange crayon and started drawing fire around it. Perfect.

There was so much to see and do in this school, Nell had a feeling that she could wander for the rest of her life and would struggle to get bored. The student lounge was especially interesting, as it was fun to mingle with people outside of her own house. Spotting a boy surrounded by what looked like crayons, Nell couldn't help but approach him. "Are those crayons? What are you drawing?" She asked, trying to peer at the paper.

Jasper was adding quite a few flames, but he did think it made the drawing look cooler. He should probably write down somewhere that the castle wasn't actually on fire, but at the same time he felt like his dad would understand what he meant. The boy looked up as a girl approached and frowned at her first question. "Of course these are crayons, have you never seen a crayon before?" He asked her, confused. "And I'm drawing Hogwarts, can't you tell?" He leaned back so she could see the paper clearly.

Nell looked down at the boy's drawing curiously. "Well, I didn't think anyone would bring crayons to school." She commented, peering over the picture. "Why is the castle on fire? Are you going to set it on fire? Or are you drawing a dream you had?"

Jasper looked at the girl with a frown. "Why not? Are crayons not cool enough?" He asked her, challenging. "I think they're awesome." He grinned at her next question, pleased she would think he could set the castle on fire if he wanted to. "No, I'm just making it look more exciting. It was so boring before. What else should I add? It's for my dad."

Nell shrugged. "Well, there are better things to colour with. I like markers and coloured pencils. Why do you like crayons?" She considered his question, uncertain. "Setting it on fire is a weird way to make it exciting. What do you think your dad likes though? You could add some magic spells, or magical creatures. I think if you draw the castle on fire he'll be worried that you're on fire."

Jasper shook his head. "Crayons are fun and they're small and easy to take with you, and they can't break as easily as pencils." He said, making up reasons on the spot. "Anyway, it's not weird." He added, a little offended. But when she mentioned magic spells, he perked up. "He'll know I'm not on fire because I'm sending the drawing, but maybe I could draw myself on a broom using a spell to make water and put out the fire!"

Nell laughed. "Crayons break all the time!" She retorted. She nodded when the boy elaborated on his plans for the drawing. "That's a good idea!" She said happily, sitting down next to him. "Then he won't be worried about you, he'll think you're a hero!"

Jasper scoffed. "But you can still USE them when they are broken!" He told her, never one to admit he was wrong. He was pleased when the girl said it was a good idea, and liked that she was sitting down with him. "Yes! And I can add you too, since you helped me think of it."

Nell laughed. "But if a pencil breaks you can just sharpen it again!" She retorted, enjoying the debate. She smiled, looking down at his drawing. "Yeah!" She said excitedly, flattered that the boy would put her in his drawing. "Are you good at drawing people?"

Jasper shakes his head. "Not if it's really broken, like if you dropped it a lot. Then it will keep breaking every time you sharpen it." He told her with an air of superiority. "Of course I am." He said, starting to draw himself on his broom. Maybe he wasn't super good at it, but he knew it was good enough. "Where do you want to be on the drawing?"

Nell rolled her eyes. "Well, then you just need to be more careful with your pencils!" She leaned over the table, watching him draw. "Can I be on a broom too?"

Jasper rolled his eyes right back. "Or I should use crayons, which are better anyway." He told her before sticking out his tongue. "You can be... or you could be in the castle and I could be rescuing you." He said, rather liking that option.

Nell rolled her eyes. "Crayons look messier than pencils though!" She stuck her tongue out back at the boy. Nell frowned a little at his suggestion. "Why would you be rescuing me? Don't you think I could save the castle too?"

Jasper frowned. "Not true! They look COOL." He told her, running out of arguments. His suggestion of rescuing her in the drawing didn't seem to go over well, and he shrugged. "I dunno, I don't know you so how should I know? I'll add you on a broom if you really want."

Nell shook her head and stuck her tongue out again. "Nope. Crayons look messy. Pencils and markers look way nicer." She rolled her eyes at his comments. "Maybe I'm on a broom rescuing you!"

Jasper gestured at the drawing. "This doesn't look messy! Unless you don't want to be in it after all." He told her, a frown appearing on his face now. "And no! I'm not in danger, I'm rescuing the castle and you're helping. Maybe."

Nell frowned. "I didn't mean your drawing, I mean all crayons look messy! You can't draw neat lines with them, it goes all wobbly!" Nell's frown deepened in response to the boy's expression. "Well why did I have to be being rescued then?"

Jasper raised his chin. "Well I like wobbly lines." He told her haughtily. "And It was just a SUGGESTION. You can rescue the castle with me if you want. I just wanted to give you options." He then paused. "If you tell me your name so I can write it above you."

Nell rolled her eyes. "Well, fine, then." She said grumpily. If he insisted on wanting wobbly lines, she could hardly stop him. "Well it's silly to say the girl's gotta sit around waiting to be rescued while you do all the adventuring. I wanna save the day too." She relaxed a little though when he asked her name. "I'm Nell. What's your name?"

Jasper continued to draw himself on his broom, annoyed that he was now noticing the wobbly lines the girl had mentioned but refusing to mention it. "I didn't say it because you're a girl. I'd rescue boys too." He muttered, glancing at her. "I'm Jasper. How do you write your name?"

Nell found the boy's claim a bit hard to believe, but didn't want to turn this into another fight. "Well, it still sounded like that." She said slowly, but dropped it. She was a little surprised that he didn't know how to spell her name. "It's easy. N-E-L-L. Nell."

Jasper huffed slightly. "Well I never said that, so I don't know how it could sound like that." He argued, never one to give up. He nodded and started drawing her, putting her name above the figure. He turned to her and squinted as he looked at her. "What kinda clothes do you want to wear?" He had drawn himself in Slytherin Quidditch robes.

Nell sighed. "Well I said I wanted to be on a broom." She said, a little dismayed now. It was exhausting to just keep fighting with him. She peered down at the drawing curiously. "Can you draw me in a nice dress?" She asked after thinking for a moment.

Jasper huffed. "And I'm drawing you on a broom now! I just thought you maybe wanted something else than the same as me." He said, thinking of that reason on the spot. He frowned slightly, then handed her a crayon. "You draw a dress, I don't know how."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back