Charlie
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Straight 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Willow Wand with Boomslang venom Core
ID : 114850

Jingyi had been absolutely dreading the day his OWL results would arrive. He didn't need them to arrive to know he had absolutely messed up his DADA exam. He'd been silently hoping that maybe had managed to scrape by, just enough that he could convince the Professor he could keep going for NEWT level, that the exam had just been a mistake and he knew he was better than that. He could keep up with the new material he was sure. He just didn't do exams very well. Though now he was standing there staring at the big fat T on the page, that plan was well and truly sunk. He might have been able to manage it with a P, but there was no chance he was being allowed to take the class with a T.

"I'm ruined," he offered rather mournfully, refraining from the need to scrunch up the stupid piece of paper and instead dropping it lazily on the table. This was it. He was blocked out of his favorite class. The other three grades were nothing special, an A in potions and an E in Charms and CoMC. Not a single O in sight, not that he had been expecting one.

Xinyi wasn't overly fussed about his grades anymore, having dropped most of his classes. But that was alright, he was using the free time to focus on his art. He was sitting at the table now, working on a new landscape in his sketchbook, when his brothers voice broke his attention. He looked up, a brow raised. "What happened?" He asked, peeking at the page and seeing it was his brothers grades.

Jingyi huffed, peeking over at his brother. "I absolutely failed defense. It's the only class I really care about and enjoy and I didn't just fail, I absolutely crashed and burned." And even that was an understatement. He had thought maybe the practical exam would have been enough to pull back the mark, but apparently not. He had a big fat T on the page and nothing he could do about it. "I assume your grades are better than my disaster."

Xinyi blinked. He was surprised to see his brother so upset. "Well... I've been dropping more classes, but my grades are alright. Nothing too crazy, but not bad either..." He chewed on his lip. "I'm sorry it went badly for you," He offered out his hand for his brother. "Are you okay?"

"Still, better than mine," he mumbled, almost feeling like he was going to start crying. Not that he was going to, he just felt like crying. There was a difference. And he still hadn't seen how their parents were going to react to him failing a class so badly. No doubt that wasn't going to go down well. "Of course, I'm not okay," he ignored his brother's hand, instead moving to fold his arms across his chest, "How am I supposed to win the dueling tournament again without learning new spells in class?"

Xinyi was quiet a moment before reaching out, trying to put his hand over his brothers. "Take my place then," He offered quietly, so no one else would hear him. "We are twins. A little bit of make up and no one would know. Just try to act like me, bring me your classwork and I can doodle on it. Really sell it. No one would know." He offered, his heart pounding.

He was so busy with a moping and thinking about how his world was literally ending, that he almost missed what his brother even said, snapping his head up. "What?" He must have something wrong with his hearing. His brother couldn't be suggesting they break the rules that much. "But... but that's.... do you know how much trouble we'll get into if we get caught doing that? We'll probably get expelled or something. And besides, we might be twins, but we're nothing alike." It was a stupid plan. A stupid and ridiculous plan. But the thing was... it could still work and might be his only chance of getting his way.

Jingyi paused, chewing anxiously on the inside of his cheek for a moment as he thought about it. Then, he let out a slow breath. "It's risky. Like, really risky. I've done stuff to get into trouble at school before, but this tops it. If we do it... you have to promise to let me handle things. If I get caught, you can't admit you knew anything about the plan. I'll take all the blame and say it was all my idea. I'm not going to let you take the fall for me. You have to swear."

Xinyi nodded at his brothers question, scooting closer. "Outside of class, maybe, but neither one of us are exactly active. Just pretend to take notes during class, bring me your homework, no one will ever know." He reassured his twin. "We can totally pull it off." He offered his hand out to his brother. "We can do it together," He offered gently. "If you go down, I go with you."

"Maybe if it were a new Professor, but Professor Maxwell taught us both last year, he might still be able to tell the difference." Maybe if he kept quiet during classes and seemed as though he was taking lots of notes, something still might slip him up. Then he frowned, scrunching his nose up slightly as he shook his head from side to side. "Nu-uh. I already said I'm not letting you take the blame for this. I'm already the troublemaker, I'm not gonna let them ruin your reputation as well. We don't both have to go down for this, only one of us does. It's just stupid to sacrifice yourself as well when you don't have to. It's fine."

Xinyi shook his head. "Professor Maxwell is about to have a baby, he's not going to be that focused on us, especially since we always sit in the back." He countered. He stood, facing his brother on more even ground. "Jingyi, I'm an artist. I don't care what they might do. If we're caught, it should be both of us. I know I spent a lot of our lives hiding behind you, but I'm not going to do that anymore. I want to face life with you, by your side, not peeking out behind you."

Jingyi really didn't know where his brother suddenly got all this confidence in the plan from, frowning as he folded his arms. "But the class is going to be smaller now its NEWT year," he would assume so, anyway. People tended to drop more classes going into the last couple of years. "But man, it's not about hiding behind me or anything. It's literally just there is no point in you getting into trouble when you don't have to. You'd just be getting into trouble for the hell of it. If it were you taking my place I'm not going to be getting into trouble for it when I can just play dumb and get out of trouble. Though you were supposed to be the smart one."

Xinyi laughed lightly. "Alright, alright. I won't argue with you over hypotheticals." He offered, holding his hands up in surrender. "I'm just trying to be supportive." He explained easily, before offering out his hand. "Are we agreed on the basics, at least? You'll take my place in class and pretend to be me?"

Jingyi let out a slow breath. This was quite a big deal and he could only think about what was going to happen if they happened to get caught. He'd have to work out how he was actually going to try and pass as his twin, maybe he would need to buy some makeup to cover up the obvious birth mark. He didn't think wearing a hat to class would work very well. "I think so, yeah," he couldn't really believe that his brother was even agreeing to this plan in the first place, "But only if you're sure you're all okay with this."

Xinyi smiled softly and offered out his hand. "I wouldn't have suggested it if I wasn't okay with it," He offered with a warm smile. "I love you, dummy. This is important to you; so it's important to me." He spoke firmly, nodding his head. He was completely sincere. If Jingyi really wanted this, he had Xinyi's full, complete support. No matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back