Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Spruce Wand with Vampire Blood Core
Vader had signed up for the rose giving again, he had made a little more of an effort this year. He had the camera around his neck and he wore his favourite light, soft dark green t-shirt, and on his head, sitting in his thick blonde hair was a flower crown he'd taken from the flower patch people. It fitted him, it was soft yellows and pinks with a little green in the stem. He had just finished up taking some pictures in the accio room, when he headed out to deliver his first rose he found the first person he needed to, someone he knew vaguely well from the accio work they did together. "Oh Nixon, hey!" he greeted the other boy warmly, fetching from the bucket a yellow rose that was for him, "I have a rose for you,"

Nixon was in the entrance hall, absent mindedly twirling the pink rose he was delivered in his hand while making his way to the great hall for some food, when Vader's familiar voice called out to him. He turned and looked in the direction of the voice, smiling politely at Vader and assuming the boy wanted to chat to him about something related to the yearbook. But as he got closer Nixon noticed the bucket of roses and flower crown on the boy's head, realizing he must be delivering roses. "Hey, really?" Nixon responded, looking to the yellow rose Vader picked from the bucket. One rose was more than enough for Nixon on valentine's day and especially because he did not expect anything, two seemed entirely out of the question.​

Vader was a bit surprised at the reaction, kind of like his own, but Nixon was older and cooler, so of course he'd get more than one rose. Of course he would. "Yeah," the boy said, holding out the rose and the note to his accio buddy. He would maybe wait till the boy had taken the rose and the note before he said anything about taking his picture. He wasn't sure Nixon would want that. But it did not hurt to ask.
Dear Nixon,

Those who study the moon are optimists: they look at the bright side.
You're a great friend, and I love to spend time with you

Love,
Stella

Nixon accepted the rose as Vader offered it. After reading the note a smile spread onto his face, happy that Stella had thought to send him a rose. He had been distancing himself from most people he knew that year, and regretted not thinking to send Stella a rose as well, but decided he would need to thank her later and apologize in person. Folding the note and placing it in his pocket, Nixon looked over to Vader. "Thanks for this, how's the deliveries going?" He asked. "I like your, uh, crown." Nixon added, wondering where he could find a crown for himself. Though he did not feel particularly excited for valentine's day when he left his dorm, the two roses he had received since made him feel obliged to make an effort with his own deliveries.​

Vader flashed the older boy a smile, pleased when it seemed the rose and the note for Nixon were things that were positive. The boy was reaching towards his camera before being asked how the whole thing was going. Vader smiled and nodded, "Thanks," he said with a little smile, "Deliveries are going well, i really like doing it," the gryffindor gave a small smile before continuing to reach for his camera, "Do you mind if I take a picture with you and your rose, I've been doing it for others," he wasn't sure if Nixon would want that, he got the impression that not unlike himself he preferred being behind the camera rather than in front of it.

Nixon was caught a little off guard when Vader asked to take his photo. He wasn't usually the kind of person to want his photo taken, always finding himself uncomfortable and unable to look directly at the camera, so he preferred to be behind the lens most of the time. But he felt obliged to say yes to Vader despite how awkward he felt about it, wanting to do something nice for his accio buddy. "Um, okay, sure." He answered. "Do you just want me to hold the rose to my face like this? or something?" Nixon asked, moving the rose to his cheek in an attempt to pose for the photo, but not really knowing what he was doing.​

Vader could almost feel that Nixon was uncomfortable with the prospect of having his picture taken with the rose. He knew that it wasn't for everyone and even Vader had never had his picture taken with a rose. The gryffindor gave a little smile, "Sure, however you want to be," Vader raised his camera and waited for the boy to be done posing so that he could take the picture and be on his way. He would've said that it was better to move around while holding the rose, but he didn't want to make this worse for the boy. "You could hold the rose up to your face, and then I can focus on the rose rather than on you?" the boy offered looking down from his camera for a moment.

Nixon wasn't sure how he wanted to pose, and knew he would feel awkward no matter what he did, so he appreciated Vader offering to focus the image on the rose itself rather than his face. Knowing he would be out of focus made him a little more comfortable with his picture being taken, and he quickly thought to include both the roses he'd been given rather than just the yellow one. "That would be good, I never know what to do in front of a camera." He said. "I should use both roses though, duh." Nixon moved the pink rose in his other hand to hold both flowers together and twisted them to create movement, hoping that it made sense since it was the flowers that were in focus. A few moments later he asked, "Is that alright?", as he brought the flowers down from his face.​

Vader chuckled sympathetically as the boy said he didn't know what to do in front of the camera, "That's why you're on the accio team," he had a sympathetic and understanding tone as he spoke, since that was for him a happy side effect of being on the team. He waited for the boy to get the other rose and pose. Vader took a few steps to adjust himself to be get the flowers in focus rather than him. "Hmm," the boy said affirmatively before taking the picture quickly, he couldn't and wouldn't be able to see the picture until he developed it. "Thanks Nixon," the boy said as he lowered the camera, sure that the boy had been entirely humouring him but it meant he had another picture. "Happy Valentines Day Nixon," the boy said with a smile, "I'll see you probably soon to develop all the valentines dance photos," Vader gave a little wave before he walked away heading to who he had to find next, he knew that Nixon, if he wanted to get a copy of the picture Vader had just taken, would know where to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back