OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Wand
Cherry Wand 12 1/2" Essence of Wood Rose
Emily had decided after the holidays that perhaps it was time to spend more time with her sister at school. Now, how she should do that, Emily didn't know. She didn't want to ask the older Ravenclaw directly. She wasn't sure she could get a straight answer out of the energetic blond. After a great deal of thinking, she had come to an acceptable alternative. There was one person who knew Ava better than anyone else.

Emily took up a spot outside of the Accio room. The boy Ava spent all of her free time with should be coming out of this room, or coming to this room, at some point today. She was patient. She sat down and pulled out the schedule that she had made with Minnie. She could spare an hour for this before she needed to be elsewhere. That should be enough time. She sat down and waited for the unfortunately named boy to come by.

Vader was tired, he’d spent so much of the day in the accio room, he had decided to forgo studying during this day, largely because when he’d managed to sleep for about an hour and then been awake for the rest of the night, he had decided to study. It meant he was exhausted, but he could pretend once again, that his sleep would come back, that it was just that he let himself get stressed about accio, and exams to a point where he could pretend he was too busy to sleep and not that most nights, he just couldn’t fall asleep, or that he’d sleep for an hour and up the rest of the night. It had n’t ever been this bad, and even on days when he’d done everything, when he knew he was on top of everything, he still couldn’t sleep. His mind raced about nothing and everything. Vader’s stomach rumbled loudly, reminding him that he had worked through lunch. He walked out of the room and spotted someone sat just outside the accio room. He knew her, she was Helene’s sister, ”Hey, are you looking for Helene….Ava I mean? She’s probably in the arts room,” Since no one aside from Ava would ever come looking for him.

Emily didn't have to wait long before the person she needed appeared out of nowhere. She smiled and got to her feet. "Oh, I know exactly where my sister is. I was looking for you, actually." She told him with a small smile. "Do you have a bit? I need your assistance." She didn't wait for an answer, explaining her intentions immediately. "I don't exactly understand the... burning ball of energy and rainbows that is my elder sister. But you do," She held her books to her chest. "So I was hoping we could talk about her a bit." She didn't expect him to say no, but she did think there was a possibility he might have to wait for the conversation until later.

Vader frowned a little when she said she needed him and not her sister, ”Me?” he asked with a confused expression, why would she be looking for him. He nodded to her, even though he wasn’t sure what he was agreeing to. He didn’t want to necessarily talk about Ava if she wasn’t there, or answer questions that would be too personal, information that was not for him to give away. He was sure too that if she took the time with Ava, she would understand her. But he nodded, ”I can talk about her, but if its too personal, I won’t answer,” he told her pretty plainly, ”Why haven’t you tried to speak to her yourself?” he couldn’t help but ask, ”Ava’s really easy to speak to, and she’s a really great sister,” he couldn’t help but add, he knew it wasn’t his place, he knew that things between Ava and her sister were strained, so it maybe wasn’t his place to ask or to think that they would be able to fix it easily. But, Vader loved Ava, and things with her were easiest, he felt most at ease around her, so why couldn’t others too.

Emily smiled. "I admire your loyalty. It's a nice change to that nasty Slytherin boy." She grimaced. "I have tried speaking to her. I asked her her favorite color, she squealed, and went onto a rant for an hour about the best paints to use and how many different shades there were and how impossible it is to love just any one color when they're all so amazing." She smiled softly. "It's hard getting answers to all my questions when her answers are always so long and detailed." She hugged her books to her chest. "Do you want to sit somewhere? It might take a little while."

Vader smiled fondly when emily described the way that Ava would go on about colours and which was her favourite, that was so typically her. He couldn’t help but smile at it, but he nodded at her. ”Sure, we can just sit on the steps if you want,” Vader headed over to them and took a seat. He sat his camera upon his knees and looked to the younger girl. He wondered briefly if he should introduce her to Padme, perhaps they would get along, they were both kids in the same year, they were similar to himself and Ava and they got along great, so maybe they would to. He yawned into his hand lightly and blinked a few times, ”let’s get started,” he said to her with a little smile, he wondered what she was going to ask him, and hoped that this wasn’t some quiz to find out if he was good enough to be Ava’s friend. But, he knew Ava well enough, he had spent more than enough time with her, he could answer questions about her.

Emily followed Vader and sat on the steps, opening the notebook. She flipped through the pages before finally finding the one she was looking for. "Okay, I wanted to fact check a few basics, first. Ava seems to have a particular knack for the artistic side of things. She paints and plays the piano, and I've caught her more than once in... odd situations where she was trying to get a picture of something she wanted to paint later." She tapped her pen against the notebook. "Is she always so reckless when she decides she wants to do something? I mean, I thought she'd be the kind to think everything out, not the kind to go rushing headfirst into a situation because something struck her fancy." She looked at the older boy.

Vader listened to her ask her question, he chuckled lightly, at her. He didn’t ever think of Ava’s actions as reckless, she just knew what she wanted and he was happy to go along with it. He always tried to go along with with it, and making sure that things stayed sort of safe. ”She’s not reckless,” the gryffindor told her with a little chuckle. ”You just have to be willing to go along with it, I try to watch out for her but Ava’s pretty competent, I trust her completely,” the boy assured her with a soft smile as he thought fondly on his best friend. He trusted her completely, he trusted her like she trusted him. ”Are you worried about her?” Vader asked her, in case that was actually her worry.

Emily listened to what Vader said, scribbling a few things down. It helped knowing Ava didn't intentionally do anything reckless. "Of course I'm worried." She stated, looking back up to the boy. "She went flying in the courtyard in first year before classes even began, and just last week I caught her hanging upside down in a tree trying to see into a squirrel hole." She shook her head. "She's going to fall off of something and hurt herself, I can see it." She sighed. "I was hoping you knew how to talk her out of things."

Vader gave a little laugh and shook his head, ”I’ve never really talked her out of things, I usually go along with it,” he told Emily, perhaps that was wrong, but it had always worked for them, they had always managed it. They had always been okay. He knew that she’d had problems with Philip but he didn’t think that had much to do with her impulsiveness and more to do with him. ”Have you tried just telling her, when she goes to do something that you are worried about her?” the gryffindor asked her. He knew that if Vader was concerned about something and he said as much Ava would always listen to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back