Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Pan
Wand
Knotted 10 1/2 Inch Sturdy Applewood Wand with Billywig Stinger Core
Michael was hoping that this new school would be a similar layout as his previous one in Scotland, but there were quite a few differences. He could easily find his dorm, but he was having trouble keeping track of where his classes would be as well as all the clubs they seemed to have here. He had thought about asking Samantha or Issac for help, but he saw that a few students had led some first years around and asked if he could not walk around with eleven-year-olds to learn where everything was. It wasn't that there was anything wrong with them. He was just a lot taller and probably had different priorities than they did. He could find a bathroom on his own, for example, but they might be too concerned with things like that. He made his way over to the entrance hall after he had stuffed himself with some fish and chips and leaned against the wall, walking the other students pass by, trying to remember what Connor had looked like.

@Connor Holland

Being asked to help his cousin out with the tours for first years had been a very pleasant surprise, albeit not as smooth a process as Connor had hoped. As much as he relished getting to finally connect with Alice after years of tension, he had found that he enjoyed almost more being able to help people out, and welcome the first years to their new lives at Hogwarts. So he had been particularly pleased when he had been asked to help out an older transfer student as well, hoping he could help the boy feel at home, and possibly make a new friend around his own age. Looking around the area he was supposed to meet him, Connor quickly spotted an unfamiliar face and made a beeline for him, smiling cheerfully. "Hey! Are you Michael? I'm Connor, I'm gonna show you around the castle and stuff!"

Michael stood up when he saw a boy approach him. "Yup, that's me. Nice to meet you, Connor," he said, throwing out his hand for a hefty handshake. He was thankful the boy took out the time to show him around. He thought the tour might be shorter than his usual one, especially becasue there was only one of him, and look around the entrance hall. "So, where to first?" he said and placed his hands in his pockets. The castle was eerily similar to his previous school, but he was still worried about getting lost.

Connor smiled brightly when the other boy greeted him, shaking Michael's hand happily. "Nice to meet you too!" He said cheerfully, hoping this might be the start of a friendship as well as a way to help out a new schoolmate. He paused when Michael asked where they were going first, looking around. "Well, we usually start out by heading upstairs, so let's go." Connor smiled, and began leading the way up towards the first floor. "We'll head right up to the top of the castle, then take a different route back down so you can get an idea of the fastest ways from one place to another, and we'll finish off in the dungeon." He explained, hoping the amount of walking involved wouldn't be a put-off. Connor had always imagined the original Hogwarts had to be bigger than this one, so hopefully it wouldn't be anything unexpected.

Michael gave a little groan at the idea of walking all the way up to the top of the castle. "Man, you would think wizards would of figured out an easier way to deal with stairs by now. I mean, take a hint from the muggle. ES-CA-LA-TORS!" he addressed with emphasis. He really didn't mind the stairs, but he would prefer lazier options on his tired days. He trudged alongside Connor as they made their way to the top and tried to think of a good conversation starter. "So, Connor. How did you get roped into giving student tours?" He was sure there weren't too many transfers every year and wondered if the boy did it for just older students or managed taking the first years around.

Connor giggled softly at Michael's comment about escalators, glancing knowingly up at the staircases above them. "Well these staircases do move, just in a different way." He smiled, leading the way up to the first floor. He shrugged when Michael asked about the tour job, smiling. "I volunteered, actually. One of my cousins has been doing it for a few years, but she'll be graduating soon so I'm taking over." He explained cheerfully. "We usually just do a tour for the new first years, but I'm happy to show you around too. It's a lot better than you trying to find your way around here with no help." He led Michael out into the corridor, gesturing to classroom doors as they passed. "There are a lot of classes on this floor... That's History of Magic, that's Muggle Studies, and down that way it's Defense Against the Dark Arts." He explained, pointing to each door in turn. "The flying teacher has her office here as well, if you need to see her for whatever reason." Connor added, trying to brush past it quickly. The less he thought about his cousin, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back