Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Kelsey Ariyah Boneheart was thrilled that her boyfriend was coming to stay for the holidays. She liked being able to spend time with Ferdinand after all. He was tonnes of fun and his family were so nice. She liked his parents a lot and she had enjoyed her time with them before. It had taken a little bit for her parents to accept the fact that he was going to be staying for a week, but eventually she had pulled them around. Roni and Venn weren't any trouble about it and Kieran knew Ferdinand anyway, so he didn't mind either, though she got the inkling that her brother didn't much like him. Kelsey didn't care, she was doing all she could to make sure that Ferdinand would be comfortable here. It wasn't like he was sleeping in her room anyway. There was a spare that her parents had put in, because they were so terrified that Kelsey was going to get pregnant or something. Kelsey was a little annoyed that they thought so little of her that she would even do such a thing, but she supposed that they just didn't want her to wreck her life. After all, Ai had gotten herself pregnant and look where that had left her. Jeremiah Raven, that kids father had left her in the lurch. Kelsey didn't know Jeremiah all that well, but she had seen him around and knew him enough through him being Ai closest friend. At least he had been. Kelsey felt so sorry for Ai though. The poor girl was going to have to raise that child all on her own. Luckily she had made up with her brother. She was going to need her family in her life if it was all going to work out for her.

Closing the door to the guest room, Kelsey made her way back out to the lounge room where she would wait for Ferdinand. She hadn't seen him since they'd finished school for the year and she missed him. Spooch, her rescue dog that she had spent two months a couple of years ago nursing back to health, came bounding her and jumped into her arms. His face was scarred from an unfortunate incident when he was a puppy. Kelsey didn't know the full details, but she also didn't care. He was happy with her and that was all she really cared about. Kissing the dog on the head, Kelsey placed him on the floor again and waved her mother over to make sure that the rest of the house was clean. Kelsey wanted to make sure that she didn't leave a bad impression on her boyfriend. After all, she was rather a clean person, at least that was what he saw. She didn't want him to think of her any differently simply because the kitchen was untidy or the living room was a mess. Kelsey smiled when her mother told her that everything was fine and to stop worrying. Kelsey couldn't help it. She wanted everything to be perfect. Soon the doorbell rang and Kelsey jumped into action. Dodging her various family members who had gathered to greet the boy, Kelsey flung the door open and pulled him into a tight hug. "I missed you, Ferdi! Thankyou for coming!"

</FONT></COLOR>
The early bird catches the worm, or so the saying goes. Ferdinand was naturally an early bird and most often times managed to get ready too early and have to wait alone while his constantly analyzing mind grew bored and later more frustrated at wasting precious time. He repeatedly planned a tight schedule to keep himself arriving early, but no matter any attempt the Ravenclaw made he could never avoid waiting in boredom, watching the clock until it was time to leave. Today was no exception. After intentionally sleeping in, intentionally packing at the last minute and eating a late breakfast it was a surprise to everybody he still had an hour to spare. While Ferdinand was sure Kelsey wouldn't mind an earlier visit, he couldn't assume the same about her family. So much to his dismay the sixteen year old ended up filling his time with over packing. The already heavy duffel bag atop his bed grew heavier with items he was sure he wouldn't need during a trip to the UK, but knew he could use as a joke if anyone brought his luggage into conversation. After all, who wouldn't want to laugh at the boy who brought swimming trunks and sunscreen to a continent well known for overcast skies and rain? By the time Ferdinand hugged each of his parents and bode a short farewell his bag was crammed enough to make even the most skilled of wizards struggle to apparate. When his strength returned after arriving at Kelsey's doorstep, he rang the bell to an immediately opened door and tight hug from the girlfriend he missed more than he cared to admit these past few weeks. "I missed you too!" He exclaimed in an equally excited (if not more) tone before pulling away from the hug. His attention instantly darted to Kelsey's family, as he remembered he had yet to make introductions with most of them. "Nice to meet you." He stepped forward to shake hands with each of her parents, memorizing their names as to not forget or mess up during the length of his stay. "I'm Ferdinand." He smiled before walking further in the house alongside Kelsey and her family.

The house was everything he expected. Tidy and quaint, and much larger than his own home. Already he desired a tour. His ever questioning mind wanted to know the place from head to toe. "You have a beautiful home." Not knowing how else to get Kelsey's parents to like him, he chose the simple tactic of throwing compliments left right and centre in an attempt to please. He was certain this was better than showing his normal, sarcastic self straight after walking in the door. "I hope it's not too much to ask, but could I get a drink of water?" He smiled as both her parents offered to get water for him, leaving him and Kels alone in the lounge, or so he assumed. Before Ferdinand had the chance to capture his girlfriend in a second hug, a dog came bounding in his direction. He instinctively stepped back so the dog wouldn't jump on him. "This is the infamous Spooch?" Kels had mentioned Spooch before, the dog that she kind heartedly nursed back to health a few years ago. He knelt down to pet Spooch, and only then noticed it's deformed appearance. "Woah." The shock was obvious in his tone of voice. "I didn't expect Spooch to be so, well, ugly." He spoke as he continued to pet the dog. If it weren't for the fact they were alone, he would have been more polite, though Ferdinand assumed Kels had been around him long enough to know his words rarely donned a filter.
<COLOR color="#000"><FONT font="Verdana">
eeep, sorry about the quality!

Kelsey was glad that Ferdinand was finally here. She'd enjoyed her time at his home and so she was more then eager to show her appreciation by making sure that he would enjoy his time in her home. He was only here for a short time before he would be leaving again when here family would then go to Australia. They'd been there a few years ago, but Kieran was determined to return. Apparently his need to find drop bears was yet to be satiated and he now needed closer. Kelsey didn't think that Drop bears actually existed, but the silly Care of Magical Creatures professor had all but told Kieran that they did exist. Hope, not matter how little, always resonated far with Kelsey's brother. One by one, Kelsey made sure that her family greeted Ferdinand and that Veronica didn't say anything stupid, or anything like that. She didn't want his first impression to be a bad one. She smiled at her boyfriend. "Oh, we are going to have so much fun! I have everything all planned!" Though this was true, Kelsey had of course left room for change. If there was somewhere in particular Ferdi would like to see or maybe something he would like to do, she had made sure that there was room for her to change things around as well as adding and subtracting activities. For example, she really wanted to take him to see the Eye of London at night. That was when all the real magic happened. The kind that only wizards and witches could see. Kelsey motioned for her siblings to leave her alone after the introductions were made. She wanted a few moments alone with her boyfriend. After all it had been weeks since they had seen each other and she didn't suppose she should be blatantly kissing him in front of her family.

Kelsey was about to give Ferdi what she deemed a proper greeting when her dog suddenly bounded out from under the sofa in greeting. She smiled at Spooch and nodded at Ferdinand. "Yes! Isn't he simply gor- what?" Ugly? Kelsey frowned and looked down at where Spooch was now enjoying a pat. Kelsey didn't understand what Ferdi was trying to say. Her dog wasn't ugly. He was beautiful. He was healthy and he was happy, why did it matter if he no longer looked pleasing to the eyes? Kelsey didn't think he was ugly at all. Infact she thought he was the most beautiful dog, because after what had happened to him, he could have easily hated her and other humans. Instead he chose to trust her and allow her to help as best she could. Evidently, it had not been enough for her boyfriend. She crossed her chest with her arms. "Wh-what do you mean by that?" She didn't think she'd heard him right. That was obviously it. It wasn't Spooch's fault that he looked the way he did. "Spooch isn't ugly. Don't say that." Kelsey looked down at her little miracle, enjoying his pat from the one who would call him ugly. The slippery little traitor. "Take it back, Ferdinand. Take it back right now."

So sorry. I hope this is okay!

Anyone who knew Ferdinand even slightly, knew he rarely filtered his words. It was an endearing and equally frustrating trait he had always been aware of and never attempted to change during his years at Hogwarts. The brutally honest, sometimes harsh demeanor others knew him for occasionally became a drawback in making friends, especially with his prefect status but even then Ferdinand never intended to change. He saw no benefit in sugar-coating things rotten, so he could honestly say whatever words escaped his mouth were the cold, blunt truth. And in his eyes the truth was the undeniable fact Kelsey's beloved canine Spooch was ugly. Definitely not cute, and nothing like most wizards and muggles sought for when choosing a pet. He was being honest, and while he knew his words were definitely not what his girlfriend wanted to hear, he didn't appreciate her sudden change in attitude over something superficial. Not once had he said Spooch was a mean dog, nor a poorly trained one. Speaking his mind in saying Spooch was ugly could purely be put to an observation. He stood up from petting Spooch to speak to her on the same level. "Calm down, Kels." He chuckled slightly at the immaturity of the situation, attempting to play it down to avoid a fight at the beginning of his stay. "Spooch doesn't care what I said, he looks perfectly happy." He gestured to the dog who was now wagging his tail and sniffing the floor. Dogs weren't smart enough to understand words, only tone of voice and even if Ferdinand's tone could be considered negative, insulting a dog that otherwise seemed happy was never within his intention. "There's no reason to take it back." He shrugged and smiled apologetically. "He's just a dog."

Ferdinand wrapped one hand around the strap of his bag and the other around Kelsey's hand before shooting a glance around the room. He wanted to change the subject like nothing happened; like Kels wasn't incredibly upset over an animal that couldn't care less. Any more childish whining Kels made would probably do his head in, and he wanted to keep his intelligent head thank you very much. "Can you show me to my room?" Her parents hadn't yet returned with a glass of water. Waiting in the living room would quickly grow boring and furthermore awkward so moving on to a house tour favored his interest. Ferdinand began to walk to the closest staircase, stifled to notice Kelsey refused to walk with him. He quickly moved his hand away from hers and sighed. "Come on." This whole situation was getting ridiculous by the minute, Ferdinand did not have an idea how to make up for sating a fact about the dog and neither did he intend to. After everything that had so far been said, Spooch was still walking around like nothing had happened, sniffing the floor and wagging his tail without a care in the world. Why did Kels, of all people find fault within something no one else seemed to care about? "You're acting like a child, let's just go."

There were many things that Kelsey could be upset about; lack of candy, messy surroundings, animal cruelty, fighting with her parents, her missing siblings, loneliness, but she never really thought that she would have to be upset about something her boyfriend said about her dog. In all honesty, it simply never occurred to her that Ferdinand would even be the type to insult her poor little baby. She wasn't even entirely sure of why she was so insulted. She just knew that she was. It was very probably totally irrational, but she didn't care. She was angry at Ferdinand and that's all that mattered to her. She frowned even more when Ferdi told her to calm down and she shook her head. He was the one who insulted her dog! She shouldn't have to be happy about it, she was angry, she was offended for her dog. She didn't appreciate the treatment he was being subjected too. "Don't tell me to calm down, Ferdi." She didn't appreciate the tone of voice. Though he was not being condescending in anyway, at least that she could tell, he was laughing, he obviously took this all as a big joke. She shook her head when he tried to tell her that Spooch couldn't understand what he was doing anyway. Kelsey didn't care and she didn't rightly believe him either. He did look happy, but that didn't mean she had to be happy about all of this anyway. She was being a little irrational, she did know that, but it was too late for that, she was mad and she was going to remain so. "He's not just a dog! He's a part of my family, i expect you to treat him as such!" Kelsey couldn't understand why he couldn't understand her need to surround herself with a family. It was her ultimate need.

Kelsey crossed her arms over herself and she stood her ground. She released her arms when Ferdinand went for her hand, but she didn't hold it. He was doing that all on his own. She would just stand there and tolerate his touching her. There was a fine line for Kelsey right now and she had a feeling that it was going to be crossed at some point or another. She shook her head and remained where she was when Ferdinand asked her if she would show him to his room. She simply was not in the mood right now and she had an awful feeling that he was just trying to get her to forget all about the incident only moments before. She didn't want to fight, but this was a matter of principle. She couldn't allow her dog to be insulted in his own home. Spooch was part of her family and he deserved to be treated as a valued member. If Ferdinand had insulted her siblings or her parents, she would have been just as defensive, so why was her dog any different. "I am not acting like a child!" She stamped her foot and clamped her hands to her side. "You're being prejudiced to a dog! That's wrong, Ferdi!"

It was not the fact they were in an argument about a dog that bothered Ferdinand so much, it was the childish behavior he had to face. Even away from school grounds and in her own home, Ferdinand expected more from Kelsey. Much more than a whining, petty excuse for an argument from the soon to be seventh year and fellow prefect he patrolled with. He was here for a holiday, to spend time with his best friend turned girlfriend but now that all hell had broken loose thanks to Kelsey's childish antics the holiday he expected could now better be described as a waste of time. After planning and anticipating this trip Ferdinand assumed Kels would throw in a better amount of effort to get along. He shook his head once, averting his eyes to the floor so he could reluctantly conform to Kels' wishes in the hope his anger wouldn't escalate the argument into something far worse and juvenile. "Fine, I'll apologize to the dog." His carefree act was still upheld but in all honesty the Ravenclaw had given up. He sighed before approaching Spooch, who was now in front of the sofa. After being raised with the belief animals were animals, and not to be treated as people, having to apologize to a dog was something Ferdinand could only view as a brutal form of humiliation. He momentarily swallowed his dignity anyway. "Spooch, boy, I'm sorry I called you ugly."

Spite the fact he never wanted this to escalate, he had chosen this opportunity to show his true colours, the unfiltered self Kels knew all too well, and the self that would surely cause his head of house to question why on earth they ever appointed him as prefect. A sly smile worked its way onto his features before he continued. "I was merely stating a fact. You understand I was telling the truth, don't you boy?" Ferdinand let out an obnoxious laugh when the dog posed no reaction, successfully proving his point that no matter what Kelsey chose to believe, Spooch didn't care about any word he said. After recovering from his deplorable fit of laughter he stood up and returned to Kelsey's side to once more attempt to pretend like nothing happened. "Okay. I've apologized." His tone was laced with a sickly sweet air of sarcasm he knew would rattle Kelsey's nerves. "Now, can you show me my room?" It was more of a demand than a question because now that their childish behavior was even Ferdinand grew impatient to continue this long awaited stay.

wtf is this post.

Kelsey was glad when Ferdinand decided to apologise to the dog. She relaxed a little and went to smile at him, only to narrow her eyes to slits when Ferdinand decided to be a complete and total ******* about it. She would have expected more from him, seeing as her parents were only in the other room. She could only guess that they were taking their sweet time so that she would have time to work things out with her boyfriend but at the rate things were going to rather doubted that would happen. Clenching her fists as her side again, Kelsey shook her head, trying to pretend that he didn't just insult her dog again. She thought she had been reasonable. All she wanted was for him to apologise to her dog. That was it. That was all she wanted. Why couldn't he just apologise to her dog and be done with it. This was infuriating to say the least and now he was bloody laughing! Kelsey was seething now. She marched up to Ferdiand and slapped her hand so hard across his face that she knew it was going to be stinging for weeks. He had no right to be a jerk.

She grabbed her throbbing hand and with tears down her cheeks she screamed at him. "You are an *******! All I asked was for you to apologise to my dog! Why is that so hard? You know how I feel about my animals! You know how I feel about Spooch! There was no need to be a complete and total prick!" She could see her parents in the kitchen now, looking concerned. She ignored them. "You were not stating a fact! You were being hurtful! Because that's what you do Ferdinand, you assume that you can just speak your mind and have everyone forgive you just because you admit to being a shithead!" Kelsey was not used to swearing and frankly she was not enjoying it. "I will not be taking you to your room. Frankly, you can sleep in the bloody dog house for all I care about you right now!" She looked up towards her bedroom to see her brother descending the stairs. He looked concerned and a little angry. "Just, Ugh! I don't even want to see your face right now!" Kelsey turned on her heel and ran up the stairs.

Ugh... Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back