Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
The drama involving Odette Harper earlier in the school year wasn't lost on Archie. He had seen the posters she posted around the school about one of his fellow Gryffindors and, thought that the action was cruel and pointless. Nevertheless he did not know anything else about what happened and needed to deliver a rose to her that day despite what he thought about her. He walked from the place he previously stood at the dungeons to the great hall, standing near the Slytherin table as he called out "I have a rose for Odette Harper!", hoping she would be there to receive the flower he had for her.

Odette was trying to get through a quiet meal when her name was suddenly called. Her head snapped up and she eyed the older boy suspiciously, a rose? Really She lowered her fork and stood up, ignoring the people sitting near her as she made her way over to him. "Who is it from?" She asked, glancing at the roses he was carrying. Was this real? Did someone like her enough to send her a flower? But who? A secret admirer? "Show me." She demanded

Archie looked up when a girl approached him, first asking who the rose was from, then demanding to see it. He was taken aback slightly by her tone of voice but attempted not to show it as he retrieved the red rose that was addressed to her from his basket. "I don't know who it's from, but if you read the note you'll find out." He said, handing the rose over and anticipating her reaction.
Odette Harper said:
Odette,

JUST KIDDING NOBODY LIKES YOU!

Sincerely,
You're a horrible person.

Odette hadn't realized how much her hopes had been up until they plummeted down as soon as she unfolded the note. Her face flushed and she felt a surge of anger. How had she been stupid enough not to see this coming? Why was this even allowed?! Didn't they check who sent what? And worst of all, why hadn't she thought of this herself?

She threw the rose onto the ground with a vengeance and started grinding it to bits with her heel. Harley Tsuji was going to pay for this. But first, this boy. She glared up at him, her cheeks red and blotchy with her anger. "Don't you guys screen these?!" She hissed, mortified. "How can this be allowed to happen?" She crumpled up the paper and tossed it at him. "See for yourself, this is bullying. Isn't it? Aren't you supposed to be a prefect?" She knew this boy wasn't to blame for this but he was there and Harley wasn't.

Archie smiled as the girl's face flushed red however it was soon wiped from his face when he realized she was angry instead of bashful over her rose. He stepped back slightly as she threw the rose to the ground, crushing it violently underneath her shoe. The last thing he expected was her reaction to be so brash as every rose he had delivered seemed to be sent with the intention to brighten someone's day rather than ruin it. That was the entire point of the rose deliveries and Archie honestly did not understand why someone would use something that was meant to create happiness to cause problems. He had not read the note nor knew who it was from but the girl's reaction was tell tale enough. He held his hands up defensively as she began berating the organization of the rose deliveries, threw the paper at him, and then continued to berate even his title as prefect. He hid the frustration that began to rise within him as he spoke. "If you're being bullied, I can take you to a professor to deal with it. But that's no reason to be rude to me." All he wanted to do was leave the situation and allow the girl to deal with her own problems, but he felt like it was his responsibility to make sure the problem didn't escalate.

Odette took a deep breath and felt herself calm down slightly. She instantly regretted her reaction to this rose. It was way too obvious that she had gotten something she didn't like. If she had been smart she would have pretended to like it, but it had been too unexpected and too... mean. At least it made her feel slightly less guilty about her action with the posters. Harley wasn't an innocent lamb, even if she pretended to be. If only the rest of the world could see it... too bad she had been smart enough not to sign her name.

She looked up at the boy, she knew that it wasn't his fault. Even if she also thought that this sort of thing could be avoided by reading the notes. "Look, I'm sorry." She said, tucking some hair behind her ear as she averted her eyes. "I know it's not like, your fault. I just got upset. I'll deal with this myself." Though not by going to a professor, that much she was certain of.

Archie's posture and expression relaxed as the girl apologized and then said she would deal with the problem herself. Knowing the girl's history in the school made him want to question her decision, but he simply nodded instead. "Alright. But just know that the professors and other prefects are there to help you if you need it." After saying this he quickly turned on his heels and ventured off to make his next delivery, hoping he wouldn't cross paths with the girl again. Any interaction with her seemed to cause problems and Archie had better things to do with his time and many more roses to deliver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back