A Stroll Outside

Alex Sheffield

OOC First Name
Patrick
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 13 Inch Flexible Walnut Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
So it was his first week in the castle, and he was clueless and friendless. He didn't really know what to do besides go to the classes. He didn't have any other activities planned out. So he took out on his own for a walk outside. The Courtyard seemed like a fitting place. Maybe he even runs into some first years and starts some small talk. Anything to finally meet someone he's desperate for social interaction at this point, since the only people his age he talked about were the trio from the train.

"What a borin' day."

Corrine had spotted the courtyard earlier in the week, but this was the first time she'd actually been to it. And she loved being able to sit in the sun while still being in the castle. Putting her Charms book to the side, Corrine looked up and a smile instantly went onto her face. She hadn't made many friends yet though her roommates were a funny bunch. Waving, Corrine hoped to catch Alex's attention. She'd spotted him a few times now, but with the large group during classes and even larger groups during meals and in the common room, getting to him was difficult.

She knew they were in the same house, so catching up would be fun. Maybe he was up to something she could join in on. She'd just about reached her breaking point on school work. "Alex!" she greeted him with a smile."What are you up to?"

OOCOut of Character:
I know we didn't finish the other RP, but I figure he would've told them his name during the ride?

As Alex'es thoughts got him staring into the ground, with his hands in his pockets, he didn't notice Corrine at first, but as soon as he heard his name getting called out, he looked up. As he finally recognized Corrine, his eyes widened and a big smile popped up on his face..

"Ah, Corrine innit? Not much, just taking a stroll. This place seems nice. Where have you been? I didn't notice ya' since the train."

He enjoyed being in company of someone he actually knew from before this time. And Corrine seemed pretty nice of all the people to talk to him.

It wasn’t until after she’d already called out to him that Corrine had a brief worry that maybe he didn’t even remember her. Thankfully, that moment didn’t last long as he turned and smiled, greeting her by name.

Nodding her head in agreement that the school seemed nice, Corrine replied. “I know. There’s so many people. I keep thinking I see you and then when I look again, it’s like you apparated” she laughed, knowing he couldn’t possibly be doing that. “I think we’re in the same house though. You a Gryffindor?” she asked, a hopeful tone in her voice. She hadn’t seen the other guy, Luciano she thought his name was, and he was in Ravenclaw. She hadn’t seen the girl they’d sat in the compartment with since the train ride.

Alex chuckled, nodding his head as she made the comment, replying.

"Aye, I 'aven't really seen the people from the train, at all. You're the first one I found."

He was really glad he ran into Corrine at the time, the week was dull anyway, so a reunion was pretty nice.

"Oh, you're a Gryffindor too? Righ', I think I heard your name during the sorting. Aye, that's pretty good. Proud Gryffindor meself."
He frowned slightly, shoving his hands into his pockets, tilting his head a bit as he spoke. "Although, we're not doing too good on the points."

"Me too!" Corrine declared, having found that she fit right in with the Gryffindors she had spoken to so far. She laughed lightly at his words. "Honestly, I'm surprised Gryffindor won the trophy last year" she admitted. From the conversations she had with her roommates, there were going to be a lot of house points at risk this year. She planned on risking some when the time was right.

"Are your roommates any fun? Mine are the best!" she stated enthusiastically even though she hadn't really hung out with them outside of their room. It was nice to talk to them each night, at least. "Hey, have you snuck into the kitchens yet?" Corrine had heard that the house elves would give you whatever you wanted if you made it in.

Nodded along, laughing as well.
"I don't really know. I don't even know the sterotypes for the houses, before I came here I knew nothin' about magic. I cast my first spell a few days ago durin' the charms lesson" He frowned a bit, but kept his eyes wide open in interest.

"Well, I didn't actually meet any of them. I spoke to only girls so far, the boys I see I just pass by without saying more than a 'hi'. Your group sounds interesting though!" He frowned legitimately this time.

"No? Why? What's the point? Don't we get food every day anyway?"

"Charms was pretty fun, right? Not as fun as Potions but definitely better than Defense against the Dark Arts" she chattered away. She didn't like Professor Styx at all so far.

" Oh" Corrine frowned slightly, surprised to hear the Gryffindor boys weren't as vocal as the girls seemed to be. Come to think of it, aside from Alex she couldn't name a single Gryffindor boy by name. "Maybe we should get our dorm mates together. Some firstie fun" she grinned.

"The kitchens would come in handy then" she smirked, brushing her bangs out of her eyes. "And we'd get to see the house elves" she added. Her family had a house elf and she enjoyed teasing the elf, though it was all in fun since she was fond of him.

"Oh, for sure. Potions might be my favorite class for now, and I'm sure charms gets even more interesting later on. I hope defense does as well. " He chattered along.

"Oh I'd very much like that. I don't know many Gryffinors. I did meet a nasty Slytherin. She pretended like she's untouchable, as if you're not even allowed to approach her because she's so important. " He was talking about Odette, of course. Although he talked badly about her he couldn't help but be charmed by her.

"Well if it's an adventure count me in."
He commented the kitchen talk.

Corrine nodded her head. She hoped he was right. As she listened to him speak about a conversation with a Slytherin, the young girl raised her eyebrows. They were quickly lost by her bangs. "I haven't really spoken to anyone outside of our house. There's just so many people here" she marvelled. Even now, the courtyard held several students, none that she'd seen before.

"I've heard all of the Slytherins are like that" she replied, wondering if that was true. "So where were you off to now? Doing anything fun?" she asked, hoping that he was off on an adventure she could join in on. It would beat reading her textbook, that was for sure.

Frowned, shrugging a bit. He was sad he and Corrine didn't meet that many people, and he wanted to change it.
"We'll find people eventually. Soon we'll know the whole school, just gotta keep at it."
He also frowned even more at her comment about Slytherins.
"I'm sure there's plenty of of Slytherins that can be nice, just have to find a way to talk to them."

His smile came back to his face. He shrugged, chuckling a bit."We can do whatever you'd like. I don't have anything particular in plan, but we could cause some trouble." He grinned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back