Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Straight 11 ½ Inch Sturdy Maple Wand with Ashwinder Dust Core
Pink for @Chrysander Kaster

When Lysander had read the next name on his list of rose recipients, he'd been excited to see someone with a name that sounded sort of like his, but weirder, if that were even possible. He hadn't the first clue of who the older boy was, or how to find him, so opted to just walk around the castle shouting his name until someone responded. He'd cleared a couple of floors by the time he reached the Student Lounge, and was just about ready to give up and start attaching roses to owls to let them do the work for him. "Does anyone know who Chrysander Kaster is pleeeaaaase?" Sander shouted as he burst into the room, waving a pink rose above his head.​

"Hello, hi," Chrys rarely frequented the student lounge, so having someone come looking for him here was so ridiculous that he had to laugh. "I'm Chrys, can I help you?"

Sander exhaled in relief as someone finally responded to the name he'd been calling out. He'd seen some of the other deliverers use signs, but had no idea where they'd found the time or materials to make them with. "Chrysander right? I'm Lysander. Our names are almost the same." He informed him with a knowing grin, as if that made them a part of some cool and exclusive -ysander club. He held the pink rose out for the boy to take. "This is for you! There's no note." He explained. Not having something to read had been a bit annoying. "Who do you think its from?" He asked, unable to help but be nosey given the mystery, and the fact it wasn't just another yellow one.​

Chrys chuckled lightly. "Hey, that's pretty cool. I was kind of named after a flower," he said, as an explanation. It was a bit silly as he didn't think either of his parents eve liked Chrysanthemums. But, eh, what did he know really. "What were you named after, were you named after anything?" He asked, finding it pretty cool that there were two weird names like theirs at similar times. Perhaps their parents knew each other, though he doubted it, since he lived in Australia and his parents went to Durmstrang, what would be the odds. He was pretty sure he knew all of his dads friends and if one of them had a kid going to this school he was sure he would have been told about it. He pouted openly at the pink rose. "No clue, could be a lot of people," he said, thinking through a list. "Noteless roses are honestly so... well, they're not me at all. I always leave some identifying qualities, whether my handwriting or my name, or something else."

Lysander paused as Chrysander asked if he was named after anything. "Um, my name means something like 'liberator'? And I think my dad saw a naming seer so I like to think I'm destined to free people or something." He beamed. He wasn't sure if any of it was true, or if his dad had gone with a name he'd liked or just been told about, but it made him feel special to think that his name meant something. He frowned when the other boy mentioned that he wasn't sure who the rose was from. It was a mystery unsolved. "A lot of people? How many people have crushes on you?" He asked, wondering what it was like. The older boy was pretty he supposed. "I left my name on all my roses. Why send one if no one is going to know its from you?" He asked. It was so dumb. How was Chrysander going to respond to his crush if he didn't know which one it was?​

Chrys nodded at Lysander. "Naming seers are a bit... odd, but it would honestly be so cool if you became a great adventurer. What are you into, exploring, or knighthood?" He assumed it was either of those, he was a twelve year old boy and most twelve year old boys were into that. Chrys hadn't been, but he'd had a slightly different kind of childhood. You had to, when you were so isolated like they were as kids. Keeping a bunch of veela kids locked up was certainly a hassle, though his father and guardians had done tremendously in his opinion. He looked at the rose again she shrugged. "Unsure really. I mean, there's a couple I know of for sure, but, it can be hard to tell, they send pink roses like this because they want you to figure it out, even though you really don't have a hope of doing so." He said, shrugging. "I am partveela, so... it usually manifests this way. Sometimes people aren't quite sure why. I mean I don't have those veela charms or anything, not like my mum did, or my sisters, but, yeah, I suppose I'm objectively more attractive than most," and just why was he saying this to a kid? "Whoever it is will be disappointed though, because I haven't a clue."

Lysander considerably brightened at the mention of knighthood, and he straightened himself up, placing his hands on his hips. "Actually, I am a knight! I'm the knight of flowers, for the Wild Patch club. I even have a sword." He boasted. "I'm kind of already a hero. Last semester, I rescued a niffler that ran away in the castle." He continued impressively. He listened on as he explained that the pink roses without notes were because people wanted someone to figure it out on their own, but it still sounded pretty dumb without a hint or something to help solve the mystery. His mouth dropped open when Chrysander went on to explain that he was a part-veela, which made sense as to why he was pretty, and had so many people crushing over him. "One of my friends is a part-veela too! Alexei Kozlov. Are you guys related?" He asked, before lowering his voice considerably. "Can any of you throw fireballs from your hands?" He asked, tossing imaginary balls of fire with his own hands for emphasis. Alexei couldn't, though Sander wondered if it was just because he wasn't old enough, or if he simply wasn't ever angry enough.​

Chrysander would never admit it, but this Lysander kid was alright. He nodded quietly to himself, not surprised in the least that he'd been correct in his assumptions of Lysander's apparent interests. All kids his age, specifically boys, liked that sort of thing. "Are you now?" He asked, keeping the conversation going. "Nice, Niffler's are notoriously tricky little things, aren't they? I'm sure it put up quite the fight." He didn't normally spend a lot of his time talking to children, but, he liked this one. Maybe it was just the genuine fact that he had no idea who Chrys was, which suited him just fine. Reputations were a little annoying. Especially given how his cousin Carter had randomly disappeared from public eye after Kiera's death. So it meant most people didn't know who he was related to, which was fine by him. Of course his veela reputation was a whole other thing all together. He raised an eyebrow. "Kozlov... like Kozlova? I think his sister is in my year. No, we're not related. Would be weird if we were," though he wouldn't say why, not to a child. He laughed when the young Gryffindor asked about an ability and he shook his head. "No, but I wish. That's more of a full-blooded veela thing. Most of the veelas you see walking around you would be halfblooded or less. My mother was half, my grandmother is a full veela. I met her once. Gorgeous." She looked amazing for her age. He wasn't sure if they were immortal, veelas, but they were certainly the kind of women that aged extremely gracefully.​

Lysander shrugged his shoulders at the mention of Kozlova. He didn't really "get" why Alexei and his sister had different surnames by a single letter, and had to guess that maybe it was a boy and girl thing. He'd never thought to ask either of them. "Aw, man." He pouted, disappointed to learn that only full-veela were likely to throw fireballs. He'd really hoped his friend would be able to learn how to do it too. It would've been a really cool trick. Still, maybe if he was ever angry enough, something would happen. Then when Lysander became an animagus, they could form a team and fight bad guys. The boy looked down at the remaining roses in his basket and let out a reluctant sigh. He wanted to stay and ask more questions, but there was so much left to do. "Well, I have to go finish finding my other rose people. Good luck with figuring out who sent you yours!" He told him, still impressed by the fact he had so many options to choose from.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back