Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella was quite eager to meet up with Katerina in about a week. She wasn't excited, however, about meeting her father and his wife, who also happened to be her second cousin, for dinner. The seventeen year old girl was still trying to be accepting about their union, but every time she thought about it she became frustrated.

The trip here had been a long one, and she was not in the greatest mood. The change in time zones had her completely off kilter. She had to keep reminding herself of what time and what day it was. With a heavy sigh, she rang the doorbell. The girl immediately turned the doorknob, figuring that stepping into the house wasn't all that rude, considering the circumstances. Estrella held nothing but her backpack of space, setting it down next to her and kicking off her tennis shoes, placing them neatly on the doormat.

Eliza was playing on the enclosed porch in the back of the house when she heard a knock on the front door. She looked to Erik who was playing with her, well, playing in the same room, and spoke excitedly. "She's here! Strella's here!" With that she dropped her dolls to the floor and took off running to the front room. She quickly spotted her step sister and jumped at her.

"STRELLA!! I missed you!" she screamed as she launched herself at the older girl's neck.

Erik wasn't nearly as excited about the prospect of his sister visiting as Eliza was, but then again, he was too immersed in playing with his Hotwheels to really care. He wanted his father to make them move on their own, just like Eliza's dolls had done, but the magic never lasted for very long.

He looked up as the sound of the doorbell reached his ears. The four year old boy trailed after Eliza- he wasn't going to ever pass up the opportunity to be obnoxious. Impersonating the lion that he had seen on tv, the boy dove for Estrella's legs with a loud growl. Hopefully, he would manage to bowl her over.

Estrella found herself falling backwards as Eliza wrapped herself around her neck. The older girl managed to stand with the younger clinging to her. She couldn't help replacing her scowl with a smile. She may be angry with both her stepmother and her father, but she could never be angry with Erik or Eliza. "Hey Eliza," she replied excitedly, "I've missed you too! You look like you've grown another foot since I last saw you-"

The seventeen year old's exaggeration was cut off as Erik pummeled her legs. Unable to keep from keeling over, she fell to the ground. Wrapping her arm tightly around Erik so that he couldn't escape, she said, "And hello to you too!" She gave each of them a small peck on the forehead.

Hugging both of them tightly, she finally managed to let them go. Their greeting was a little more than rambunctious, but she couldn't say that it hadn't improved her mood a little. Her lips spread in a wide grin.

"Do either of you have any new toys to show me?"

Eliza smiled as they ended up in a pile on the floor. "Course I have new toys. I gots lots of new dolls. I have all the princesses now and I got the castle too! Come see!! Oh, and I got a new baby doll too. A brand new baby with a crib and a high chair and it even poops and pees and cries too." She took Estrella's hand in hers and quickly got to her feet and started to pull the bigger girl to the porch to show her.

Erik grinned as his sister fell to the floor- mission accomplished. He could only trail along after his two sisters. Eliza seemed to have command of the situation. He skipped ahead of them, and when he reached the porch he plopped down on his tiny bum and picked up his cars. Scowling at them, he commanded, "Move, cars!" But they did nothing. He had half a mind to start hollering his head off for his daddy- but then again, he always got in trouble for being too loud.

Estrella could only grin back at Eliza as she was dragged onto the porch. "Your doll cries and goes to the bathroom? Wow- what's her name?" She was sure that with the amount of dolls Eliza had, the little girl had probably even forgotten some of their names.

She could not help an amused smirk as Erik ordered his toys around. Figuring that she would cheer him up, if just a little, she pulled out her wand. "Locomotor red Hotwheels car," she whispered. She waved her wand and brought the small toy onto the track, the plastic automobile speeding along the track and doing the loop of its own accord.

The Ravenclaw girl would have done the same for Eliza's dolls, but she wasn't sure how accustomed the girl was to magic. She didn't want to end up freaking her stepsister out. Merlin knew that little kids already had enough nightmares to worry about- the monsters in the closet or under the bed kept their minds preoccupied.

Eliza couldn't remember what the dolls name was, but came up with a good one on the spot. "I call her Baby Girl. Wanna hold her?" she asked as she shoved the doll into Estrella's chest. She heard the older girl whisper something and then saw her brother's car take off on it's own. "Daddy only will make Erik's cars move when he is being good. He did my dolls once, but I didn't like that. It was scary!" She gave Estrella a really scared looking face to show her just how scared she was. "Now Daddy only uses his special stick on my doll's cars when the dolls are in them already. Makes them go really really fast. One time he let me hold onto the stick with him and make them move." She smiled as she remembered helping Tristan run the pink Barbie Beetle around the porch with his 'stick' in control of it. She might not be able to make magic on her own, but she was able to help Tristan control his.

Erik didn't notice Estrella moving her wand, so he was wholly surprised when his red car started of its own accord. "I did it!" he exclaimed shrilly. Satisfied for the moment, he snatched the car, and held it to his chest. Running out of the room, he yelled, "Daddy! I did it! I made my car move!"

"Ah, Baby Girl. I see," Estrella took the doll into her hands, pretending to cradle it. She listened as Eliza explained about how 'Daddy' moved things with his 'stick.' She remembered him doing that when she was younger- but that was ages ago. The seventeen year old could only smile at Eliza's frightened expression. It was a good thing that Estrella hadn't used her magic on the dolls, then.

"I can do that too," she replied, "I'm finally able to use mine outside of school. When are you going to start going to school, 'Liza? Or are you already in preschool?" She wasn't sure at what age children were supposed to go to school in the muggle world- was it five? Or six? Estrella couldn't remember for the life of her.

She glanced back down at 'Baby Girl,' stunned by how incredibly lifelike the doll was. It was crazy what muggles could do without magic. Even though she had grown up in a muggle household, it was amazing how they got by.

"I will start Kindergarten in the fall. I just got done with preschool. It was fun. I made lots of friends! I want to go to McKennah's house tomorrow to play with her dolls. She has a baby too. Her mommy had hers already," she said with a smile. Eliza did not realize that Estrella did not know about the new sibling on the way, but really didn't say anything else. She thought she heard her Daddy's footsteps approaching, and would soon see him come around the corner. Erik had gone running and she figured that he would be in soon to see how he made the car move.

Tristan had heard the doorbell- but he knew who had arrived by Eliza's enthusiastic greeting. He let his other two children assault his oldest before going out to see her. He was working on dinner, Julie upstairs resting. The two were planning to break the big news to Estrella.

The large man turned as Erik entered the kitchen, scooping him up and listening to Erik babbling on about how he made his cars move. "Oh really? Well, let's see you do it again, champ," he said with a smile, making his way onto the porch.

Eliza was talking about her new friend McKennah as he entered the room, plopping Erik down onto his bottom. He smiled widely at his daughter. "Hey, 'Strella. Did you get here okay?" He was quite amused to see that she was holding the baby doll the wrong way- she had taken to dangling it by its waist, but he wasn't going to correct her. He knew that by now she would have passed her Apparition test, and she was already using magic outside of school. After a moment, he added, "Julie's sleeping upstairs- I'll get her once everyone's ready for dinner."

"Now Erik, let's see you move that car again," he said, wondering if Erik could actually do it or if there had been other forces at work.

Despite the fact that she had no idea who McKennah was, Estrella assumed immediately that she was one of Eliza's friends. She gave the young girl a warm smile. If only she could be that young again. However, being an adult had its perks- independence being one of them. "Wow! Kindergarten already. In no time, you'll be in high school and getting a car!" It was crazy how quickly time passed.

Estrella turned to see her father as he stepped onto the porch. She regarded him with a rather weak gaze- and she pretended to be far more interested in her siblings' toys. "I found my way here just fine. Someone saw me apparate," she cringed a bit, "But he thought he was seeing things." The Ravenclaw girl knew exactly how lucky she was. She didn't want to lose her license as soon as she had gotten it.

She only nodded at her father's mention of Julie. Her stepmother. The cousin she had loved now seemed foreign to her- different. Aunt Julie just wasn't Aunt Julie for her anymore.

The seventeen year old glanced down at Erik, who was trying to make his Hot wheels move on his own. She decided not to help him out this time- either her father could step in, or he would just have to deal with not being able to do it this once. It was better than the little boy suffering heartbreak later.

Erik could not help hopping in place as he stood next to his hot wheels tracks. He put the red car back in its place. "Move, car!" he commanded, once more. His brow furrowed in frustration as nothing happened. "MOVE!" Erik felt close to tears when the car stayed in its place. He rubbed at his eyes, pouting, "It isn't working." Picking up the car with his small hand, he chucked it at one of Eliza's dolls, knocking it over. His bottom lip quivered as he crossed his arms over his chest. Big boys didn't cry, he knew, but all the same he could feel a tantrum coming on.

Julie rolled over and stretched a bit. Her nap felt wonderful. The pregnancy was taking its toll on her, and she was always wiped out. Taking a deep breath, she could smell the various flavors that Tristan was cooking downstairs. He was making stroganoff and the sauteing beef was making the house smell wonderful.

She made her way to the bathroom and then headed down the stairs. Julie assumed by the conversation that Estrella had arrived. She still was shocked by the reception that her step daughter had for her. They had been close as the younger girl grew up, but when she married her father, it was like she became the enemy. But they never would have gotten married if it wasn't for Estrella.

Walking onto the porch, she smiled as she saw Erik toss his car. She crossed the room and quickly bend down by her stepson and wrapped her arms around him. "Was Daddy making them move again? We talked about this. Daddy cannot make them move all the time."

Erik's bottom lip quivered, his eyes welling up with tears. "But Daddy DIDN'T move it! I did!" His mommy's arms around him were comforting, but he was far beyond upset. "It went up the track, and... and..." He started crying, wriggling from Julie's arms and running out of the room.

Estrella couldn't help feeling ultimately responsible for Erik's frustration. Although she wasn't really close to the boy, it hurt her to see him cry. She glanced to Julie as she entered the room. Estrella knew it was petty of her, but she couldn't help feeling warm towards either of the adults in the room. The seventeen year old knew that she would have to deal with the fact that her father and Julie were married, but she didn't want to see her aunt or any of the kids hurt.

"I'll get him," she said, and without another word she slipped out of the room, seeking out Erik. From the sound of his sniffling she deemed that he was in the living room. He had crawled behind the couch, in a way that only little kids could.

Squeezing herself into the little space between the wall and the piece of furniture, she smiled at Erik. Now what to do? She had never been stellar with little kids- but she would have to try. Magic was on her side.

"Hey Erik," she said, "You know, you'll be able to move the cars when you're older. And lots of other stuff." She grinned back at the little boy. It was hard to imagine him in school, but the day would come. Where would he go? Only time would tell. Igniting the tip of her wand with Lumos, she hoped that the boy would be intrigued by the pretty light.

Erik had squeezed into his usual hiding place. It was difficult for both his mommy, with her big tummy, and daddy who was just big to begin with. He continued to sniffle, his eyes and his nose dripping with moisture. His mouth was set into a pout. The little boy hated when things didn't go his way.

He was surprised when his sister crammed herself behind the couch with him. Usually, it was Eliza who found him. Erik more often than not told his parents to "go away" when they found him. Estrella was big like them, but she wasn't the same. He allowed this invasion of his territory solely because he was not used to the seventeen year old girl being around.

"But I want to do it NOW!" he exclaimed, not satisfied with his sister's explanation. He didn't want to wait until he was bigger to do things. He was a big boy now.

His blue eyes lit up as his sister's wand started to shine with a pretty light. It was bright, sure, but he was mesmerized by the light. Daddy would make his wand do that too, whenever he went into the basement. Erik didn't like the basement- it was too dark down there.

Estrella stretched her arm and tickled Erik. "I'm sure you do. Do you want to see something cool?" She smiled encouragingly at her younger brother. Hopefully, she would be able to divert his attention with some magic. The seventeen year old reveled in every opportunity she got to use her wand outside of school. It was like eating a dessert, that she savored time and time again. It never got old.

Erik tried to wipe away his tears as best as he could. A genuine giggle broke past his lips as Estrella tickled his stomach. "Otay," he said, interested in seeing what the girl had to offer. He always enjoyed when his father used magic- but that wasn't a lot these days. His father had said that the neighbors weren't supposed to know, that it was a secret that he, Mommy, Daddy and 'Liza had to keep. He followed his sister from behind the couch, crossing his arms over his tiny chest.

Estrella grinned, exclaiming, "Now that's a big boy." It was quite a task for her to move out from behind the couch. She definitely wasn't little any more. She contemplated what to do that would be exciting. The Flashing Paint Charm would probably cause a mess. She could use Animare, but Erik had most likely already seen his toys come to life. Serpensortia would probably end up frightening the boy. Avis was also an option, but not in the house, and she was lousy at Transfiguration anyway. It was a wonder that she had been able to pass the class this year at all. No, she needed something really good.

"Watch me, Erik," she said, as she pointed her wand at herself. Hopefully, she wouldn't end up having to go to St. Mungo's. Professor Lloyd had not spent much time on the Disillusionment Charm, but she had practiced it. The sensation as if an egg had been cracked over her head coursed throughout her entire body. She was invisible to the human eye- well, sort of. She was more like a chameleon. Hopefully, Erik would be pleased with the results.

Erik stood back and watched as his sister pointed her wand at herself. His tiny jaw dropped open as Estrella disappeared. "Where did you go?" he hollered. He wasn't sure whether to be delighted or frightened. It seemed that the latter was taking over.

Estrella frowned as Erik seemed to become confused. "I'm right here," she said, peering down at her hands. She could see the faint outline of them, having taken on the appearance of the floor. "Don't be worried, Erik. I'm not going anywhere." Using 'Finite' she lifted the spell, and the strange sensation disappeared. She smiled broadly at her little brother. "See? You can do cool stuff like that. But only if you're a good boy- and go to school when you turn eleven." She picked him up, hoping avidly that she hadn't upset her little brother further.

Erik was quite perplexed as his sister reappeared right before his eyes. He didn't fight as she picked him up, his face alight with determination. "I'll be a good boy," he said. He wanted to be able to disappear like that too. It would make hide and seek that much better.

His lip pursing, he said, "I'm hungry, 'Strella." His stomach growled as if to agree with his statement.

Estrella pocketed her wand and tapped the little boy on the nose. "I'm sure you will," she said with a grin. She smirked as she heard her brother's stomach gurgling. "I agree, Erik! I'm hungry too. Let's go to the kitchen. I think that dinner is almost ready anyways."

Carrying the four year old into the kitchen, she set him on his feet and let him pick a seat. She stood by the stove, peeking at what was simmering in the pot. Stroganoff. The thought of the dish made her mouth water- she hadn't had it for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back