A seven year dream.

Tony Alraur

Note: This role-play is open to anyone skilled in Transfiguration, be it student or professor. I will also accept any professor or prefect.

Walking through the castle, Tony allowed his eyes to wander over the portraits which adorned the walls. The fact that most of them spoke as he walked past still stunned him slightly. Many had given comments about being a first year; others had commented on him being a student; and a small few had been fairly polite. Tony simply cared silently towards the majority, but was becoming fascinated by their personalities. Heading along a corridor, Tony noticed a door off to the side. The Transfiguration class-room.

Excitement rushed through Tony, as he blinked and re-read the name of the room. 'Transfiguration'. The lesson hadn't been added to his time-table yet, and Tony had almost forgotten about its very existence with the slightly busy few days he had had. Grinning widely, the thoughts and memories of the skills; his cousin; the book; and his dream of becoming an Animagus came flooding back. Tony could only stare at the class-room. He was eager to begin.

Pushing against the door, Tony gasped slightly as it opened. Not caring if anyone was walking along the corridor, Tony stepped in-side the room; not fully knowing what to expect.

Kiera was leaving her mother's office in a bit ticked off. That seemed how all their meetings ever went. The woman infuriated Kiera beyond belief. If Kiera didn't love the subject of Transfiguration so much, she would have dropped it solely because of her mother. Kiera was in such a huff that she almost didn't notice the boy in the Transfiguration classroom that was connected to her mother's study.

Kiera put a smile on her face as she approached the boy. Distractions were always key when dealing with her mother. "Hi there. I'm Kiera. What are you doing?" she asked curiously.

The class-room looked similar to the two previous rooms Tony had occupied recently. There wasn't anything different in the layout, or even any jars of insects that could be transformed. As he looked around the class-room, thoughts of beginning the lessons here flooded through his mind. It would be quite some time away, but Tony knew it would be happening. Not paying any attention to the fact he was in an empty room, Tony turned sharply as he heard a voice behind him. "Err.". Tony had nothing to say. What was he doing in the empty room. "Nothing." Tony replied. Obviously he must be doing something. 'Nothing' just didn't make sense.

Kiera grinned at the boy who seemed nervous to be found out in the room. Kiera shook her head. "Obviously its not nothing or you wouldn't be here." she said in her thick southern accent. Kiera wondered if the boy recognized her and that was why he was hesitant to tell her what he was doing. However he shouldn't be worried. She wasn't going to get the boy in trouble, she was just curious.

Completing his turn, Tony fully focused on the owner of the voice. The girl appeared to be much older than he was. Hearing her speak, Tony looked around the class-room slightly bored. He had hoped to see more than a simple room. Replying to the girl, Tony scuffed his foot across the floor. "I just like Transfiguration.". Tony turned his head to look at the older girl, who he had never seen before; and smiled.

Kiera smiled at the boy. He appeared to be a first year. "Unfortunately, I like transfiguration too." she said slyly. Most people might not find that unfortunate but Kiera did since it meant she had to say in class with her mother this year. Kiera thought the boy looked disappointed. Kiera looked around the room for the source of this disappointment but she just saw a plain room. Her mother had yet to rearrange the room from when she shared it last year with Professor Firn. There wasn't anything to be disappointed about.

Hearing her response, Tony scowled slightly. Why would the possibility of transforming into an animal be un-fortunate. Shaking off the thought, Tony realised the girl also liked the subject. His eyes widened slightly now, as Tony began to think of several questions his family had only briefly touched upon. Choosing to begin with the simplest question, Tony spoke. "Is it hard to do? To change things?". Having only read through the first year Transfiguration text book since he was five, Tony only understood the theory side to the lesson. The practical side, the side which would involve the use of his wand, was still a mystery.

Kiera shrugged the younger boy's question but she did give it a few moments thought first. "It can be. It depends on how well you focus. I don't find it particularly hard but they do say that magic runs in the family. My mother is the Transfiguration Professor here. She is really good at it." Kiera said, hating to admit anything her mother actually did was good. Kiera grinned at the boy. "You know you never did tell me your name." she said curiously.

As he listening to the older girl, Tony remembered his cousin. He teaches Transfiguration. Maybe it did run in the family. Tony began to wish he could see his cousin again. It had been too long. Directing his attention back towards the girl, Tony saw her grin; before she spoke. Responding, Tony could only think of one thought. Could he use her to learn more from her mother. "Tony.". Tony smiled. Things where beginning to look better in this school every day.

Kiera smiled kindly at the boy. "Its nice to meet you Tony." she said extending her hand for him to shake. Kiera wondered if he realized he was talking to the Head Girl but figured he didn't. It seemed that most of the first years avoided her once they found that out. He wasn't very talkative though.

Stepping forward, Tony took the older girls hand and gave it a feeble shake. He wasn't used to interacting this quickly with someone. Often, the people he met either had a problem; or where attempting to bully. This older girl though, appeared quite polite. Pulling himself up to sit upon a table, Tony began to swing his legs beneath it. Lifting his head towards the girl, Tony asked her another question. "What sort of things do we learn in here?". Even though his cousin had given him the book, it was possible a few things had changed. "My cousin gave me a book for my fifth birthday. Will it still be the same?". Tony thought he may as well ask.

Kiera smiled as Tony seemed to gain a little bit of confidence as he sat on one of the tables. Kiera smiled at his question. How to describe what was learned in this room? "Well basically you learn how to turn things into other things and eventually how to turn them back again. Also eventually you will learn to conjure things out of thin air. If you get permission, my mom can even teach you how to turn yourself into an animal. You know, become an Animagus." she explained. "I suppose most of the things should be the same from the book." she said not exactly positive.

Tony's eyes sparkled as Kiera spoke the word he had dreamt about so many times. To train as an Animagus was a long term goal Tony was determined to complete. He knew he would have to put the effort into his studies, and couldn't help having the feeling everything was going to become harder as each year past. His excitement levels peaked, Tony asked yet another question. "Is anyone in the school an Animagus?". The thought of meeting someone with the ability would be a perfect start to his future years of study. "I've dreamt about being one since I was four.". Tony looked at the older girl excitedly.

Kiera listened as Tony asked her if anyone was an Animagus at the school. He seemed to get much more friendly at this topic of conversation. Kiera grinned at the boy. "Well my mother is. She can turn into a Persian cat. And the old Head Boy, Bruin, Bruin could turn into a bear but he's not at the school anymore. Other than that, I don't know of any." she told the boy.

Listening intently once more, Tony felt slightly deflated at the news of only one other Animagus. And even more so that it was the Transfiguration professor. Tony felt this was an obvious choice for someone with such a level of skill. To meet a regular student with the knowledge; determination; and ability to change their form would have been so much better. Wondering how the head boy had managed to transform into a bear, Tony sighed knowing he wouldn't be able to talk to him about it. "A bear? I guess I can't talk to him now he's left then?". Remembering the older girl had mentioned something about permission, Tony looked at her slightly confused. "How would I get permission to learn?".

Kiera smiled at the boy. He seemed to really like this subject. "Yeah he turned into a bear. I think it would be pretty hard to talk to him now." she admitted a little sad. "But no one even knew until he transformed in front of everyone at in the Great Hall. It was amazing really." she said grinning at the memory. Kiera shrugged her shoulders as the boy asked how you got permission. "I'm not exactly sure. I think you have to wait until your third year to ask the ministry. Then you have to take extra lessons from the Transfiguration Professor. Or at least I think thats how its done." she said frowning a bit at her incomplete knowledge.

Tony listened in awe as the older girl recounted an apparent memory. He suddenly felt excited at the thought of showing everyone his form. Taking in the girls words, Tony gripped the table slightly. Third year wasn't too long away. "How long have you studied the lesson?". Tony wasn't completely sure how much the girl knew about what he wished to know. "Do you want to be an Animagus?". Tony swung his legs once more, secretly hoping she would say yes.

Kiera decided she was tired of standing. She hopped up onto the table behind her. She crossed her legs and looked back at the boy. She smiled at his question though she didn't completely understand it. "Do you mean how long have I studied Transfiguration or to be an Animagus?" she asked to clarify. "I haven't had lessons on being an Animagus. I think though that I might learn after I graduate. I don't want the lessons from my mother. We don't exactly get along." she admitted.

"Oh sorry. I just meant Transfiguration.". Tony responded to the girl with a slight shrug. As he sat there, Tony began to realise he was having a conversation. Something that hadn't happened for a long time. Everyone he had met over the past four years had been deemed un-worthy of his attention. Tony smiled a little. There was no reason to close himself away. No reason to act cold. No reason to be distant. Tony felt the girl was mature enough not to cause him any pain in-side.

Having heard the girl mention her mother, Tony began to think about his. It had been a day or two since he had replied to her letter. Not fully sure how anyone could hate their mother, Tony began to ask; before he remembered his father. As his fingers clenched around the table, Tony's legs stopped swinging; and all emotion left his face. His eyes where empty. The hatred boiled upwards. It wanted to be free. "NO!" Tony yelled. The vision of the darkened face vanished.

Kiera smiled at the boy as he clarified for her. He obviously hadn't figured out he was having a conversation with the Head Girl. She decided to let him know. "Oh well, I started my first year. I'm a a seventh year so I've been taking it seven years now. I must have done something right because they decided to make me Head Girl." she said with a wink. Kiera was pleased that he was opening up to her just a bit.

Then suddenly, he screamed out. It looked like he had some sort of bad vision. Kiera's eyes widened in shock. Concern overtook her face. She moved closer to him. "Hey, are you alright?" she asked worriedly. "What happened?" she asked.

Not aware of the girls words, or even her presence, Tony began to scream in-side. The very thought of his father had managed to find him in the castle. Tony knew now it would be some time before he would forget the pain of him leaving. The very man that meant nothing to Tony was the very man that gave the young boy nightmares. The last time Tony had screamed out, Trinity had been with him. This time, another girl was there. How many more people would cause him to remember. Cause the hatred for the weak so-called parent to rush through his mind and body. Cause him pain.

Seconds flashed by as Tony re-focused on the room. The older girl stood closer to him. Tony could only stare blankly at her.

Tony did not answer Kiera. She was worried as to what was going on with the first year boy. What had caused him pain? Kiera was confused as she stood there in front of Tony. He finally refocused his eyes on her face. She stood there for a moment before looking back at Tony. "Are you okay?" she asked carefully, trying not to upset him. "Did something happen to you?" she asked. Kiera wanted to figure out the mystery behind the young boy. Something was clearly bothering him and she intended to find out. Kiera hoped Tony was alright. She waited patiently for him to answer her.

Hearing the girl speak, Tony simply wanted to run. To break free of the nightmare which held him captive in his own mind. The one person who was supposed to protect him had left before he was born. Looking at the girl, Tony knew he wasn't okay. He was never okay. He was alone. Not knowing who the older girl truly was, Tony wasn't going to tell her anything. There was no level of trust between them. Tony knew he would likely never see her again.

"I'm. I'm okay.". Tony stared blankly towards the opposing wall.

Kiera looked doubtfully at the younger boy. He was not okay. She could see that much. Kiera shook her head. "You don't have to pretend. I'm here to help. It's kinda my job." she said, taking her seat once more.

It had been her job since her fourth year. Though until this year she was only supposed to look after the younger Gryffindors. Now however, it had been extended to the whole school. It was a lot for the tiny girl to take on but she was more than ready too. Kiera wanted to help. It made her feel useful.

Continuing to stare at the wall, Tony listened as the girl spoke once more. How could this girl help. She didn't know anything. She wouldn't know anything. Tony barely knew anything. Talking about his past wasn't something he was willing to do. Not even with Trinity. The only person that had known; the person that had broken her promise; the person that had left him; was Amy.

"Your job?" Tony asked the girl, wondering now if she was being paid to dig through peoples issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back