Closed A September Breeze

Ann de Clare

• witty • genuine • urbane •
OOC First Name
Milan
Wand
Curly 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Laurel Wand with Veela Hair Core
The afternoon was coming to an end. Rays of light from the high but not so warm September sun were falling through the high gothic windows on one of the southern corridors at the first floor of the castle. One of the last summer breezes was drifting through the open window, in which Ann sat in the windowsill. In her lap lay a french novel about a young couple falling in love in the french countryside in the summer some two centuries ago. Ann felt peaceful, at ease. She looked out over the landscape surround the castle, taken back by the stunning views of New Zealand. Her back rested against the cold ancient stones surround the window.

She flipt the page, which was just like the pages past filled with dreamy sentences and paragraphs, each more poetic than the one before. For the past few days Ann had been at Hogwarts. For years she had heard about its never ending corridors, countless of rooms and ever joyful students. Her big sister had hundreds of stories of her time here, and since hearing the first story she couldn’t wait to live those stories herself. She had also heard the stories of her parents. Her mother had attended Beauxbatons in France, while her father had been a student at Hogwarts in Scotland. Both of them kept telling her that these would be the best years of her life. For that she couldn’t wait.

She flipt another page, continuing reading, while at the same time being lost in thought.

[If you wish to join, please send me a message]

Last edited:
Rosemarie grabbed a pot of marigolds from the window sill in the dormitory. She always brought a plant with her and today was no different. Rosemarie on her way to the Great Hall. It was almost time for dinner and since Rosemarie had been working hard on all of her plants she was taken up quite the appetite. Rosemarie walked to the first floor and spotted a girl in the window sill reading a book. Rosemarie was curious and walked up to her. She hoped that she didn't scare her. Maybe the girl didn't know it was close to the dinner time. ''Hello' Rosemarie said ''I was wondering what you were reading'' Rosemarie was curious, what if it was a Herbology book. Rose clutched her plant closer and waited for a response.

Last edited:
Ann looked up from her book, she hadn’t heard the girl coming up to her, but she was was more than happy to pause her reading to get to know someone new. “Oh, this” Ann said while she closed the hardcover and studied the cover for a few seconds before turning it to the girl. The gold engraved titel read Songe à la douceur.It is a love novel,” she replied, while smiling at the girl. She took a deep breath, breathing in the fresh summer air from outside. “I’ve escaped all the chaos from the main rooms of the castle for a bit,” she continued. “What are you doing here?” she asked sweetly while eying the deserted corridor.

Giselle was both enjoying her time so far as being annoyed by those stupid moving stairs and the fact that she lost her way constantly. But she just moved along and would not give up. So she walked along some corridors it seemed, but having no clue again where she was. The blonde haired than noticed two girls. They seemed from around the same age, or just looked younger. One girl was holding something what seemed like a plant. Giselle frowned for a moment, but it was possible the girl just took them from outside in the garden. Giselle never had much with plants, she was just not good at taking care of them. And someone didn't done her pleasure of giving her some. Her mother always gave her an sunflower, but she was gone taken away from Giselle. So the only flower she had was an sunflower, she got them from her dad now. But Giselle was so angry when the sunflower that her mother gave her before she died, when the sunflower died as well. She failed of taking care of it. As she failed at a lot. She heard the girl with the book speaking and heard her saying escaping the chaos. Giselle herself tried to escape too, escape from stupid candyfloss in her dorm. '' Where did you get that flowers? Can you just grab them from the gardens here?'' Giselle than asked the girl with a frown. And than looked at the other girl. Who was reading it seemed. '' Which chaos?'' Giselle than asked getting all of the middle in this conversation.

When the girl closed the book, Rosemarie tried to read the cover, which was impossible. The book was obviously not written in English. ‘’A love novel written in a mystery language it seems.’’ Rose smiled she only knew Latin and English. Latin only came from the thousands upon thousands plant names she knew in that language. Rosemarie nodded when the girl talked about chaos in the castle. The first year Hufflepuff dorm was pretty chaotic at times as well. ‘’Escaping the chaos is a good idea’’ Rose mused ‘’I was on my way to the Great hall for dinner actually’’ Rose was hungry and she hopped it would already be set up.

Suddenly they were joined by a girl that didn’t seem like a girl that Rose would talk with. Her whole attitude was a bit sour, but Rose wanted to give it a chance. Having prejudices was never a good thing. ‘’I actually grew these plants myself, I would never just grab them from a garden somewhere’’ Rosemarie said ‘’You do know they die when you just pluck them of the plant.’’ Rosemarie would never harm or murder plants that way.

Very mysterious indeed!” Ann said while chuckling. “It is a french book,” she added. “Dinner! I might join you on your way there, I am also quite hungry not that I come to think of it.” In the corner of her eyes she saw a girl walking towards the two of them. Ann let her eyes wander through the open window for a few seconds, staring at the sun which was starting to set behind the highest treetops. Ann turned her gaze back at the girl who was walking towards them, she was now standing close by. She followed the girls gaze to the plant the girl was holding. She smiled at the thought of the girl lovingly nourishing the plant.

I used to pick flowers in our garden with my big sister when we were living in South Africa when I was very young,” she said. “But I must say, I never looked at it from the perspective of me killing them .. I simply enjoyed their beauty, I guess..” Ann smiled for a second at the girl that had just joined them, before turning her gaze back to the girl holding the plant. “I hadn’t caught your name yet, by the way,” she said. “I am Ann.

Giselle listened as the girl spoke of plants. The stuff about books didn't really interested her. Giselle was on her way to the Great Hall as well but so far she lost her way everyday. It was so stupid. The girl said she grew the plants herself. Why would you carry a plant along? To your breakfast or lunch or anything? The girl was trying to be smart or something. And the way she spoke to her Giselle didn't liked. '' Why do you bring it along than? Do you talk to the plant or something? Or do you feed them as well.'' Giselle than looked at the girl being direct as she always was. She didn't knew anything of plants.

The other girl with the book said a thing that made her think of the way the girl ment it. '' But people pick flowers all the time. There's nothing wrong with that. I only like sunflowers.'' Giselle than explained. She had the same as the Ravenclaw girl. The only thing she liked was the sunflower she got from her mother. But when her mother died the sunflower died too because Giselle didn't took good care of it. And she was so mad than. But still at home she liked having an sunflower next to her bed. It reminded her of her mother. The other girl seemed to ignore her and Giselle was a bit irritated by that. But still Giselle would want to know people better. And she figured it was good that people knew her too. Giselle liked having attention, and be in the centre of things. The girls name was Ann. '' I'm Giselle.'' The girl said quickly before the plant girl could answer. So she made sure the girl now had her attention. '' Which house are you in?'' The blonde than asked to both.

Rosemarie grinned when the girl told her the book was written in French. Her stomach growled which meant she really needed to get some food soon. The other girl definitely was someone Rose couldn’t be friends with. Although she accepted a lot, she didn’t like the way she spoke to both of them. ‘Some plants just need an extra bit of love and care through the day.’’ Rosemarie said, she wasn’t gong to tell her they made her feel safe and she actually talked to them. ‘’I love flowers, but if you pick them they wither away after a few days whereas when you keep them in a pot with roots and all they flourish and grow.’’ Rosemarie said ‘’You can also enjoy their beauty when they are in a pot instead of a vase.’’ When she wanted to say her name the other girl rudely interrupted with hers. ‘’My name is Rosemarie, like the herb’’ Rosemarie looked towards Ann, she was afraid of the other girl. ‘’I was sorted in Hufflepuff.’’ Rosemarie muttered quickly after. She already had more than a faint idea were the other girl was sorted in, but she wasn't giving her the attention she wanted.

Ann sensed that it looked as if Rosemarie had tensed up a bit since Giselle had joined them. Ann nodded when Rosemarie told them about keeping a flower in a pot instead of a vase. “I’ll think of that next time I’ll get flowers.

She wasn’t yet sure about the way Giselle quit aggressively entered their conversation. But, like Ann always does, she would give her a chance first. Ann smiled when both girls introduced themselves. “
A pleasure,” she said. “I am sorted in Ravenclaw.” She acknowledged Rosemarie’s answer first, “Oh lovely! Are you liking your house so far?” She then looked at Giselle, “And you, Giselle? In which house were you sorted?” she asked, even though her gut told her exactly what Giselle’s answer would be.

Giselle sensed a bit that the girl with the plant didn't liked her being there. But Giselle had that with a lot of people. She had a bit of an grumpy appereance and she could not help it. The blonde was direct and usually just said stuff without thinking first. The girl was talking of plants like they were in a therapy session. And Giselle had already decided she did not like the girl. But that was something she had quickly. She judged quickly and placed people in boxes. And those boxes could change everyday. But right now it was the not like box. Giselle grinned shortly she never thought that way of plants. '' I'm sure you will get a high grade in Herbology.'' The blonde than said to the plant girl. She was already bored by the plant talk and the girl kind of not gave an answer to her saying why she brought them along. The plant girl was Rosemarie. But like Giselle did she gave nicknames to people. So this girl would be plant girl to her. She was too bad at names and nicknames she did remember. It didn't seemed like a suprise that the girl was sorted in Hufflepuff. '' So do you bring your plants along all the time? How many do you even have?'' Giselle than asked the girl with a bit of an grin.

The blonde quickly focused her attention to the other girl Ann. She didn't got a nickname for her yet so it was just Ann. And Ann was in Ravenclaw just like Mackenzie. She was wondering if those two already had met, and if Mackenzie liked the girl. '' I'm in Slytherin.'' Giselle than said while looking at Ann. '' I would enjoy some food right now. But I get lost everytime. I hate those moving stairs.'' The blonde than explained and was wondering if they had trouble finding the way as well or just stranded here.

Rosemarie nodded and hoped they reconsidered flower picking. ‘’I hope to get high grades in Herbology’’ It was the only subject that mattered for her and she was going to learn hard for it. The basics were the same as botany, but herbology had magical plants which was way different from what she was used to. ‘’I always have a plant with me indeed and I think I brought twenty-five myself’’ Rosemarie paused ‘’I also brought seeds, but at home I care for hundreds of plants’’ Rosemarie had a big garden at home with her mother and they worked in it every day.

Ann was sorted in Ravenclaw a house that Rose found suiting as far as her knowledge about the house went. ‘’It is a lovely house.’’ Rosemarie said, it was true Hufflepuff seemed so friendly and accepting. The other girl was sorted in Slytherin which was no surprise. ‘’You could follow us to the Great hall, I was going there anyway.’’ Rosemarie said, she knew how people could get lost with the stairs. She had gotten lost herself already too.

Those stairs are something else,” Ann replied while chuckling. “Somehow they always move to the floor you simply didn’t plan on going to.” She put the novel she was still holding in her bag and was sure to close it securely. “I am also starving,” she replied while rubbing her hand over her belly. “I wonder what the house elves have prepared for us this time,” she said while remembering the delicious buffet they had had yesterday.

[ooc: somehow I missed the notifications, so sorry for my late reply!]

Giselle figured the plant girl would be into Herbology. She would sure be a person who would want to show how good she was in taking care of plants and tell other people how they should. Like she did already, with telling them not to pick flowers and stuff. Well Giselle would just do what she wanted and not what a plant lover would. She always cared a plant with her and Giselle just thought that was not handy, with some stuff it was not possible right? If you needed two hands or whatever. Giselle tried to picture it. '' My god. Why?!'' She than asked the girl and grinned shortly. '' I just can imagine bringing a plant to everything. It's strange.'' Giselle than said and didn't actually thought of how it would land with the girl what she said. '' Like do you sleep with a plant as well? Or do they have their own bed?'' Giselle mostly just told what she thought. And sometimes people could not handle that, or became angry. But did they wanted to be lied to than?

The Ravenclaw girl Ann actually seemed to understand the stairs problem. And when someone agreed with her Giselle usually not disliked them right away. '' Exactly. You see my point. It's so annoying.'' The blonde than responded back and felt at her stomach for a moment. She was really hungry. The plant girl seemed to know the way. Giselle didn't exactly liked the girl so far but if she would bring her to the Great Hall that would be handy. '' I'm hungry. So please show the way.'' Giselle than said while looking at plant girl.

Rosemarie normally had the patience of a saint, but It was running thin today. The other girl was infuriating and Rose knew she was mocking her. At least she said exactly what she was thinking which was nice for once as well. ‘’Because I like to be around plants that is why’’ Rosemarie paused ‘’I have done it as long as I can remember so it became normal for me’’ She said while holding her plant closer, she wasn’t very good at this. ‘’No, I don’t sleep with my plants and they don’t have their own bed, that would be ridiculous’’ The plants wouldn’t like laying down nor would she desire a bed filled with soil.

The stairs didn’t bother Rosemarie she somehow felt instinctively when they were going to move. Rosemarie looked at Ann and glanced over to Giselle. ‘’Lets go to the Great Hall then, hopefully there will be pizza tonight’’ She was craving the food somehow and couldn’t wait to get a bite from a nice salami pizza.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back