A Run In My Backyard

Adrianna Eneas-Dinu

OOC First Name
Amy
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Adrianna walked into the warm sunlight. It felt nice after the long night she had with Ioan. Smiling she took out her wand and pointed it at herself. With out a single word she activated the ancient magic. Her skin began to melt around her. Quickly she set her wand in a special stand, to hold it while she ran. There was no pain, just a sensation of the body slipping around itself. Bone disconnect, reform, and reconnect. She felt her new skin prickle as her black and white fur sprouted, covering her in a soft and luxurious coat.

</FONT>
<FONT font="Comic Sans MS">She moved her legs, testing her new skin. Her human form smiled in the back of her mind. It was nice to let the beast take control. She shook herself and leapt into the air, her smooth muscles taking control of her run. She growled deep in her throat, wishing she had something to hunt. Her massive white paws slapped at the earth as she gathered speed. The wind felt great blowing against her dense fur. With another leap she slammed her paws into a tree. Ripping the bark from it.

Everything became more alive when she was a snow leopard. The colors looked so vibrant, the smell where so strong. Whiffing the air she caught the scent of blood. She quickly ran to the smell, her muscles carrying her extrordinarily fast. Her ears pricked up at the sound of a rabbit scurring away from her. She growled loudly, not caring if some one saw her. It was her property. She finally came to the source of the smell, a half eaten deer. She snuffed her nose at it. She didn't like eating after other animals. She crouched down, listening for maybe some other pray. Her human form loving the feel of the beast's power and grace. Her worries about Ioan were soon forgotten.​
<i>
</i>
</COLOR>
<COLOR color="#80a0ff">The hours passed quickly, and soon the night had fallen. The moon was gone from the sky but she could see as if she was still in the light of day. Her ears perked up, listening to the sound of the night, her body buzzed alive. Moving quickly she charged back to the huge mansion. The moon flowers around her where still closed, their buds only showing a white tint of the delicate flower within.

She reached the mansion quickly, even though she had had to cover many miles. Stretching, she laid down at one of her favorite perches, the rocks over looking a small creek that ran along the back fence. She huffed to herself, wishing she had another animagus to run with. Inside she felt her human form sigh. Her ears twitched at a sound, raising her head she looked to see what it was. A shadow moved. Quickly she was on her feet. The human in her muttered, 'Oh dear father, come and play.' Of course she knew it wasn't time yet. She activated her magic and felt her body start to change, her bones sliding back, her fur melting away.​
<i>
</i>

Adrianna stood to her full height. Glaring to the direction of the shadow, she growled and grabbed her wand. Listening for a moment more, she turned and went into the mansion. She was so sick of mind games. So sick of people, but still her heart begged for someone to be at her side. She had had a long night and was ready for some sleep.

Greg sighed, sinking into the snow at the fence line. His wanderings had taken him further away from Obsidian than he had expected. He was an English boy – how could he navigate the suburbs of New Zealand in this state? Homeless, waking under a blanket of snow every morning with blue lips and fingers. This was too much.

He was way past Langton. In fact, considering he didn’t even know where the other half of his family lived anymore, he could have even veered East instead of North. Where on Earth was he? Suddenly, a noise caught his attention. Not ten feet away was a snow leopard. Here, in New Zealand. Instinctively he reached for his wand before remembering it was long gone. Gregory was trapped. Under the haze of cold and ice, logic crept in. Snow leopards weren’t native to New Zealand, of course! Then what… Ah. It must be an animagus. He was slumped against the fence line of a large mansion, one of many that littered the forests off the road.

“Oh gosh,” he said softly, closing his eyes. Now he was a trespasser. He didn’t have the energy to move any more than that. Don’t sleep yet… whispered his mind. Sleep is death under this ice. It was almost too late to say no.

Adrianna froze when she heard an almost inaudible whisper. Quickly she spun around wand erect and ready. Her voice was clear though it still held her growl from her other form. "Who is there, show yourself." She stepped barefoot back on to the mushy snow, her feet graceful, barely making a sound. Taking a few more steps she saw a figure, of what she had only thought a shadow. Muttering a small spell, "Lumnios." the end of her wand shined light down on the figure.

"Here," he said breathlessly, barely able to move. "I'm...sorry." He sunk lower into the snow. It was a sad sight to see that the snow did not melt against his skin. He was as cold as it was.
Soon, he slipped into oblivion.
It was a dangerous thing to be sleeping in such weather, but there was nothing he could do. Every day was a gamble. He had planned to find some sort of tree cover, but he hadn't made it as far into the undergrowth. This was where he had fell, and this is where he would stay unless someone took pity. Even half-unconscious, his fingers twitched as though trying to reach the non-existent wand. His chest was tight, and he laboured for breath.

Adrianna cursed under her breath. Things like this always seamed to happen to her. With some effort she scooped him up some, trying to drag him into the house. She didn't think she would get him in in time though. his skin felt like ice against her warm hards. Muttering another curse she pointed her wand at him, muttering a spell to warm the air around him. It didn't work well, but she was sure it would slow things some. Then she pointed her wand at herself, feeling the quick change.

</COLOR>
She gripped his shirt with her strong jaws, and pulled with her hind legs. She could here the fabric ripping some but it held enough for her to drag him in the the door before it gave way. Lifting up she slammed the door shut with her huge paws. Then she grabbed a near by quilt and through it over him. She huffed, trying to think how to get him to the fire place. She rolled him over in the quilt, and use it to drag him the rest of the way, her strong muscles pulling him with easy. Finally she ended the magic.
<i>
</i>

<COLOR color="#000">Thinking quickly she ran back to get her wand. Standing over him she muttered another heating spell, hoping it would work better now that they were in doors. She ripped his shirt the rest of the way off of him, tossing it aside. She muttered to herself. "These wet clothes need to go." Despite herself, sher blushed slightly, and took off his pants, quickly covering him with the blanket so she wouldn't see anything. Then she poked him with the end of her wand. "Hey, wake up dang it."

Another breath and he was awake.
"Ah!" he exclaimed as he sat up. Feeling the material fall off his apparently bare chest, he blushed harder than she did, which was a habit of his that embarrassed him. Gathering up the sheets, he looked up at her wide-eyed.
"Ah madam, I'm so sorry. Look here, I'll be on my way in half a minute..." he said in his cockney English accent.
He must look like a tramp to her, he realised. Therefore she must be a kind person to take him in from the cold, and as such he must thank her profusely and trespass no more on the momentary hospitality. Gregory had only been a mild-mannered file clerk before losing to bad luck, so he had no idea that if he had stayed in that hollow by the fence, he would have died. Once again he had fallen into the hands of a kind person. Perhaps that was his serendipity counter-acting all those terrible misfortunes.
"Here, how can I repay 'ye? Half a minute, I'll be up." Hopefully. Those frost-bitten fingers would take a bit of sitting-on to warm up.

Adrianna sneered and pushed him down. He was in no condition to be moving and even she could see that. "You stay put." She said in a harsh tone then went outside to fetch her wand where it had fallen. Quickly she brought it back in and fetched him a cup of hot tea she had been brewing before she went out for her run. She sat behind him and thrust the cup towards him.

"You mind telling me what the heck you are doing on my property before you galavant off to lord knows where." She gave him a dirty look, trying to ignore the fact that he was mostly naked. Her cheeks were still red, which she knew took away from her mean appeirhance. she croosed her arms around herself, waiting for an awnser.

"Lord-knows-where-is right. I'm lost." he said solemnly and with sincerity. Her rough voice had taken him aback, so he stayed right where he was like she said. Even so, he reached out form the tea gratefully with shaking hands. Greg clasped the hot cup close to him. Finally, he began to shiver. The cold had numbed him completely, and only now were sharp pains lancing through him, The pins and needles were everywhere, and he shut his eyes for a moment and swallowed, hands still shaking.

The dirty look she gave him made him look down, unable to meet her eyes. He had been met with these stares for weeks, and he was used to them. Even so, he could not look up.

"My name is Gregory Yearling. I've been wandering around here for a bit-"
Try two weeks. "Looking for Langton." He knew he was way off, but he no longer had his wand for Point Me. "I truly didn't know where I was going. I'm sorry that it looked like I was trespassing." His heart beat faster as the pain grew. Hopefully she didn't do something terrible to him as a punishment. He had no wand, no items and was sick with cold. There was no way Greg could defend himself.

Adrianna sighed and gave him a softer look. He really looked kinda pathetic but she couldn't help wanting to make sure he was okay. She pushed his hair out of his face and wrapped her arms around him. "You'll warm quicker if you use my body heat.' Her body heat was also naturally warmer than most people because of her animagus. She gave a small smile that went away quickly, hoping he didn't see it.

"I recken you will need a place to stay, more than likely for a night or two." She looked over him. "There is no way I can kick you out and still be human. I've a guest suite on my wing of the mansion. You may stay there if you like." She sighed. "I don't normally do this. So be gratefull and don't give me a reason to tear your head off. The name is Adrianna by the way."

Greg sighed at the warmth of her hug, trying not to seemed rude by doing so. As soon as he found his way home, he was sending everyone who had helped him gift baskets. In the meantime, he blinked heavily and unconsciousness pulled at the edges of his mind.

"I simply couldn't stay that long, I'm sorry." he said softly, trying not to seem ungrateful. Perhaps he wouldn't be well enough to make the journey by then, but mooching off another's hospitality was not an option. For the days he had spent on the streets, he had seen the best and worst of people as they either scorned him or welcomed him in. He frowned, and made a mental note to send two gift baskets. Sighing, Greg looked down at his fingers. It hit him then- his left pinkie was frostbitten. He discreetly slipped that hand under the covers to warm it. He wouldn't cause Adrianna any more alarm. She probably had the life scared out of her when the pile of snow that had been Greg started talking. A thought occurred to him, and he followed it.

"How far away is Hogwarts from here?"

If he couldn't find his way to Langton, then he would head towards Hogwarts. He could find Artemis at least, then.

Adrianna was surprised when he didn't want to stay. She was almost hurt by it speaking she didn't help people very often. She sighed heavily. "If thats what you want then go. Hogwarts is far enough of a walk that you'll die trying to get there, but hey if you have a death wish, well who am I to stop you."

She knew she should just let him walk to his death but she couldn't help feeling bad. It had been so long since she last had the company of a man at her estate. She tried to shake away the feeling but couldn't. "If you want to show some gratitude for my offer, maybe even take it, I've some work you can do. Tomorrow, when the temperature warms." She faced him enough so that he could see something very rare, a warm smile.

Somehow, Greg felt that he had hurt her. "It's not what I want," he said quietly. "And I don't have a death wish. I'm just tired of causing everybody else trouble and pain." Greg looked up into her eyes. "I'm sorry if it came out the wrong way. Look, I'll take up that offer on work tomorrow." Subconsciously he drew out his hand, staring at the red tinged finger.

Suddenly he smiled at Adrianna. He had been deprived of real company for some time himself. The smile was impish and infectious, as he was delighted with her warm smile from before. It seemed for him, for some unknown reason, that he was privileged somehow to have seen it.

"In the meantime I, er..." he blushed as he looked down at himself. "I ought to get that shirt back on." He had passed from numbness, to cold, to pain and now back to chill as he could feel the night air on his skin. Carefully, Greg leaned down and picked up the ragged black material. "Oh. Well, I think I can sew." he ventured, unsure. The shirt really was a sorry sight. "Better late than never to learn how!" he exclaimed cheerfully.

Adrianna laughed when he held up the remains of his shirt. It really was a soory mess. She gave a weak smile at that. "Sorry 'bout that." She grinned. "My teeth are sharper than I think." She gave him a quick squeeze and stood up, leaving the room for a moment. She had to admit she was happy he decided to stay.

When She returned she had a long house coat in her hand, it had belong to her step father. "You can wear this in the mean time, I promise its clean." She tossed it toward him and sat on the rug next to him. "So, you still haven't told me what your doing out side when its this cold." She gave him a worried look.

Gregory smiled in gratitude as he was handed the coat. "Thank you, really. I'll honestly wear a potato sack as it is," he laughed, cheeks turning rosy as they finally warmed up. Pinked-cheeked was his usual state, and he didn't look so ill anymore.

As she questioned him, his smile faded slightly. Her worried look made him feel as though he was obliged to answer. So far yet though, he hadn't told his helpers who he was and why he had been wandering. Perhaps he would be able to get away with repeating himself for now. Anything else may get her into serious trouble.
"Well, I was headed for Langton on foot. I don't think I was too far, but I think those windy streets got the best of me, and I was lost."
That should do for now. There were glaring holes in his explanation, for example "Why didn't you use Point Me?". The fact was, he didn't have a wand. For all Adrianna might have known, Greg could have been a muggle if it wasn't for his obvious acceptance of a snow leopard. He was just waiting for her to realise, and then the questions would start again.
Greg sat up slowly with aching limbs and pulled on the coat. He wondered briefly what sort of work she may have for him tomorrow, and also whether he'd be allowed to cook as well.

Adrianna bit her lip, knowing not all of it fit together right. He could of just used Point Me. Her paranoid other side was growling with suspicion. 'Enough, shush.' She thought to herself. She looked other him, seeing no wand visible to her extra sensitive eyes. As far as she could see he was harmless. again her inner beast growled. 'Shush, he makes a move I'll break he's neck.' that quelled her snow leopard for now.

She was going to ask him more questions but as he lifted up gingerly to put on the house coat, she decided against it. It seamed he had been through enough this night. Besides, there was always tomorrow morning. She lifted herself up gracefully and walked to get a cup of tea. Jasmine, her favorite. As she took a sip she looked at him over the rim of her delicate glass. She cleared her throat and in a light hearted tone. "So, do you think you'll survive?"

She walked forward, standing just a mere inches from his warming skin. Yet again her body felt alive. She smiled looking up at him, her short statue now very evident. She took another small sip of her tea then sighed. "I have a hot tub, with my pool, its indoors If you want to use them. I'm sure it will help with the pain."

Greg paused as he took her first question seriously. It was actually fair say that he might not, so he frowned and answered with a "Hopefully." If he'd said anything else, it wouldn't have been true.

As expected, he blushed at the mention of the hot tub, though it wasn't as if he read into it. It sounded wonderful, but he really was just too embarrassed to...no? Perhaps he should. It was a logical argument, and his limbs were still aching. For some strange reason, he was on edge as though there was something to be frightened of. This woman could turn into a snow leopard, and though Greg wasn't afraid of animals, he was more wary of the woman herself. Then again, it could just mean he was nervous around any woman.

But what should he say?

"I would like that. Do you mind if I-?" he questioned as he rose, placing his cup neatly to the side. It was at that moment that Gregory realised that she was quite small. He was not in the least bit intimidated bit this as his own little sister was half her height again yet unable to grow any taller. She had been a throw-back from one of their goblin relatives. Even so, because Adrianna was small, she immediately endeared herself to him and he liked her even more.

Adrianna cocked her head up, in a cute way, so she could look up at him. With a smile she stepped back, extending her arm to the right of her, pointing to a large wooden door, carved with beautiful fairy and water spouts. She smiled. "Do what ever you need to do. The pool and hot tub is through that door, You'll find towels on the left shelf."

She walked over to the long dark hallway with dark red wall paper. She rested her hand on the arch way and turned toward him, an impish smile on here lips. "I need to take care of a few things first, but I'll come by to check on you." With that she turned and gracefully walked down the hallway, turning to the right at the end of it.

Greg found himself slightly enchanted by her, which only made him blush the more. He watched her go with a bemused look, before wrapping the coat around himself tightly and standing up. It was hard going- he could barely walk, but he moved slowly and carefully to the door and pushed it open.

Rich heat assaulted him immediately, and he sighed in anticipation. The water of the pool was serene and cool to his left and the hot tub was steaming and bubbling to his right. Greg moved instinctively towards the hot tub. Soon his entire body was pink with the heat, and he relished in it. He slowly removed the coat and hung it carefully on the hook behind the door, careful to check where the towels were.

"She is so kind," he said to himself softly as he looked around. What had he done to deserve such luxury? For it was luxury to a man who had barely seen water for some time. The heat of the room filled his lungs so that he wasn't cold without the coat on. With slow movements, he reached the hot tub and slid in. Three gift baskets and a new puppy, thought Greg with a sigh and he sunk up to his neck into the heat. And breakfast in bed, a spotless house and two bottles of wine...

Adrianna undressed and dressed quickly, a small smile adorned her face. Watching herself in the mirror as she pulled her hair up in to a small but beautiful bun. Turning this way and that way she inspected her new swinsuit, making sure there were no flaws. Happy with her looks she walked back down the long corridor from her suite, dragging her finger along the wall. Finally she reached the beautifully carved door, and pushed it open lightly, her small nose catching his scent.

She pushing it open the rest of the way and smiled when she saw him already submerged in the hot soothing water. Quickly closing it, so she wouldn't let the cold in, she ambled forward, gracefully, and slipped her legs into the water. As she sunk down into it she smiled to him. "I hope you don't mind my joining you." She touched a small pad and small jets came out, lightly pushing water against her skin. She sighed and closed her eyes, leaning her head back. "The water has a touch of herb in it, so it will see that you sleep well tonight." She lifted her head up to look at him, an almost dreamy expression on her face.

Now Greg was cherry red again, but for a different reason. He stood respectfully as she entered, though the water had pooled around his waist. "No," he in almost a whisper, blushing. He tried again. "No, I don't mind. Herbs? Really?"
He was uncomfortably aware of the fact that he was naked, and he sunk lower down into the water up to his neck. With all the bubbles of the hot water, he could only assume that he was well covered. Greg wondered if this was usual or customary for Adrianna to act this way, and so he decided to assume the best. Even so, he was wary of her tone.

Greg smiled politely and hoped that she would put his red cheeks down to the heat of the room. "I think I'll sleep fine," he said softly. He was naive enough to think that this wouldn't sound like innuendo. "Tell me about your animagus form," he asked as he finally felt comfortable enough to raise himself to his shoulders in the water again. He was genuinely curious about it, not being an animagus himself. "The snow leopard is beautiful," he commented.

Adrianna looked over his red skin, hoping the water wasn't too warm from him. She relaxed, loving the feel of the warm water, her other side noticing that he was naked under the bubbles. A grin played at her lips, but she was able to keep her face emotionless. She lifted herself up, her suit clinging to her skin. After stretching her arms and sitting on the side of the hot water, she looked at him.

She was surprised when he started asking about her other form. She usually wasn't comfortable talking about it. Especially with a stranger. Her worries were damped when he said that he thought it was beautiful. "There really isn't much to tell about my animagus form." She closed her eyes. "You can always feel it there though. Like another side of me. And yes, the snow leopard is very beautiful."

She smiled warmly, it felt good to talk to some one. She turned her body slightly so she could face him. Her eyes glancing him over, as they did with every person, trying to determine if at any moment he could become a threat. "I studied for such a long time to become an Animagus. I've even thought about maybe making the change permanent." She looked off into the distance. "I don't usually get along with people you see."

"But-" protested Gregory with sad eyes. He re-thought the statement the moment after of course, but he was about to say 'But you are already beautiful. Why would you not get along with others?'. He was naive, but not an idiot. Who knows what that could have meant to her. She may have even been offended. Try again.

"-But if you made the change permanent, the opportunity for companionship would truly be lost. As you are now,you are fortunate to meet those who appreciate both of your forms."

Hold on, that came out a bit wrong... "I couldn't become an animagus. I'm simply terrible at transfiguration," he smiled sheepishly. "Excuse me, hold on." paused Greg as he tipped his head back into the water with closed eyes. He reached back and shook his hair into the water so that it fanned out around him. He curved his neck back, raising himself out again. Even wet, the curls were stubborn and refused to leave. "Sorry," he apologized as he sunk back to shoulder height.

Adrianna gave him an amused look. 'Well isn't that cute, he doesn't quite know what to say.' She smirked to herself, watching his thoughts play over his face. He was so open hearted it made it incredibly easy to read him. Her other side growled at what he said about not making it permanent. 'Companionship is not needed.' She brushed off the animalistic logic of her snow leopard. "Not every one is good at Transfiguration, I'm sure you have other strengths."

She giggled when small bits of water showered her, his cute curls still bounced about. Usually she didn't have a taste for curly hair, but she had to admit, It looked amazing on him. She smiled sweetly at him, arching her back slightly, and tipping her head back some, she really looked at him. "So, are you saying you like both my forms?" A grin played at her lips. Hoping he'd take the bait.

Yep, he took it. Although not without a blush. That innocent side of him sent him a questioning feeling. He remembered back to the time not one week ago where he was staying at an inn. Tired and hungry, he managed to hire a room for that one night with the last of the money he had on him. It bought him a bed, a bowl of soup and one drink. He then met his drunken friend. One drinks turned into two, and the next morning he woke up in their arms. It was his first one-night stand, and he had never been so perplexed in his entire life.

Greg was no stranger to seduction, but he had only just met Adrianna. Therefore to him, by default, this was just messing around. "I do have other strengths. I'm good with animals." Oh dear Lord, what had he just implied? Not only was he red again, but he had the almost uncontrollable urge to sink below the water and hide himself. You fool, Greg! he thought shamefacedly. Alright, just wing it. You obviously haven't got a clue what you're doing.

"I do like them both, though." Honesty was the best policy. "You really are quite beautiful."

She chuckled softly. 'Good with animals eh?' She raised her eyebrow at him. She couldn't help but notice how embarassed he looked, she gave him a warm smile, hoping to help him relax some more. She blushed softly when he called her beautiful. It wasn't the first time she had heard it from a man, but coming from him it just sounded more sincere. She stayed silent for a moment, thinking to herself.

Maybe just maybe she could actually get to know this person. He's leaving remember' Her other self growled, despite how flattered the snow leopard felt. It was strange that already she had warmed herself to him. That was a feat that would take any other person several years. She smiled at him. In a soft voice she finally spoke. "Thank you. You really are very sweet."

She shrugged, reaching up she untied her hair, letting it fall down her shoulders and to the mid of her back, the blond tips gracing the stone she was perched apon. She gave him another look over, instinct for her to do, and smiled again. It turned out that was something he was very good at doing. "I'm really not used to someone being nice. Most guys just want to have me. You know." She shrugged again, glancing off though the steam and into the distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back