Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 15" Sturdy Acacia Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Noah was ambitious. Both he and his sister were perhaps Hufflepuffs with Slytherin rising (if you compared Hogwarts houses to astrological signs, something Noah was occasionally guilty of). And while it wasn't as though he was campaigning for anything - he wasn't nearly ambitious enough to think of going for Minister of Magic next time - he was certainly canvassing opinions in a way that might look as though his ambitions overtook his means. Or his sense. He had a chair, table and notepad set up in the harbour, and was wearing his ministry robes even though they weren't necessarily designed for summer weather. Despite that, he wore his sunglasses and had a coffee from Florean Fortescue's in hand, waiting to try and get the attention of students in particular for their thoughts. "'Scuse me, can I ask your opinion on some things about Hogwarts? How do you think it's going with helping muggleborn kids and their families integrate?" Heavy question, but again, Noah was ambitious beyond his means.

Cassius Styx was out and about, visiting and such with some family before he might go to Bulgaria to see his more extended family members. But shopping for some good food came as a challenge since Cass was not a fan of a lot of candy. He walked along the path as he looked over the harbor. He stopped to take a small break when he heard someone talk. He looked around to see an adult talking to him, and some other student that was older than him. Cass narrowed his silver eyes at the adult. "Okay, first of all, you approach kids like a creep. We aren't supposed to talk to strangers." Cass knew that he had nothing to worry about. He was a Styx! He was excellent and had nothing to worry about. If something happened to him, it would be that person's funeral. "Second, I'm a pureblood. I don't care about muggle-borns and their families."

Rhys had quite been enjoying the break away from Hogwarts, even if he had spent most of it studying for his upcoming OWLs. And sure, they were still quite some time off, but it never hurt to be too prepared. And Rhys certainly wanted to be prepared enough to at least pass all of them. But his mother had told him that too much studying was not good for him and ushered him out the door to spend some time outside. So, there he was more or less aimlessly wandering around Obsidian Harbour. He supposed he could grab some extra school supplies before he headed back. But a man at a table caught his attention, and the younger-looking boy he was talking to. He didn't mean to eavesdrop, but as soon as he heard the response Rhys did have to scoff. "And I think that perfectly answers the question," he added as he walked closer, eyeing the boy just a little as he did so.

Wow, thought Noah. Were kids like this when I was at Hogwarts? He supposed there was still quite a bit of blood prejudice around after all. As if kids from muggle families didn't have a hard enough time fitting in. He looked at the older student, raising an eyebrow with a small smirk, before turning back to the younger boy. He put on a polite smile anyway, despite his mild shock. After all, he couldn't have been much older than first or second year. Maybe he'd change his tune once he grew up a little. And it gave Noah himself something to think about. "Take it you haven't had many run-ins outside the magical community, then?" he asked, more of a statement than a question. From what experience he had, some of the older families, especially pure-blood families, tended to keep completely away from the muggle world. Fair cop, he supposed, but not exactly sustainable in the long run. Noah gestured vaguely at his robes, pushing down his sunglasses to peer over them. "Muggle-Worthy Excuse Committee. I'm gathering vox pop to get some idea of advising students on how to approach the non-magical world." He turned back to the older boy. "Have you had to come up with a bunch of white lies to skate around muggle curiosity yet?"

Cass truly believed that there was nothing wrong with his response. It was clearly prejudice and held his supremacist views, but he believed that there was nothing wrong with it. He glanced toward the older boy that seemed to be eavesdropping or something, but since Cass didn't know him, he paid him no mind at all. He shifted his attention back to the stranger-danger. "Obviously. My parents raised me the way I should be raised. Away from those weirdos." Cass had a very narrow view on muggles, and for a good reason. History. History proved that they were not good people, and closed minded. Maybe like he was, but still! The man introduced himself as a member of the Ministry, but he pointed out, ignoring the fact that the next question was aimed at the other boy. "Do you have any proof that you aren't some creep on the streets? Anyone can claim to work at the Ministry and dub themselves safe."

Rhys really did feel bad for the guy asking the questions. He really did. He just had to go and ask one of the most obnoxious and purist kids that Rhys had ever heard. "And I think Muggles would be the ones calling is weirdos if they saw us wearing pointy hands and waving around wands." He did have to point out, suddenly feeling quite defensive on the matter. His adoptive parents were muggles. His adoptive brother was a Muggle. He could quite possibly be Muggleborn himself. The man turned a question to him and Rhys opened his mouth to respond but paused when the younger boy cut in again. "If you don't want to answer the questions then no one's stopping you from leaving," actually, Rhys would quite prefer it if the other boy did leave. Then maybe he wouldn't have to put up with the purist rubbish anymore. "But yeah, I guess," he offered, deciding he might as well actually answer the question, "I tell people I just go to boarding school now, which I guess isn't much of a lie. I don't really have anyone to lie to, my parents and brother obviously know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back