A reluctant vampire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casper shrugged at the statement. "Yeah, they are pretty much the same." He agreed half-heartedly. It was a good match. He tensed when Linden hugged him, not expecting it, and he was quick to step back. Casper felt raw, and he moved away a little more. "I, um- I'm tired. I- I spent a few hours helping Addy with her make up, I- um, I'm going to go." He pointed over his shoulder with his free hand. "See you," he spoke softly, before turning to walk away.

Linden had put an arm around casper because he had sounded upset. it was something he had done so many. times over the years. but he had never had a reaction where the atmosphere just changed where cas just froze and then pulled away. "Cas. I didn't mean to hurt you." he said. he had been trying hard not to upset him. not to change what was between them, but even that hadn't worked. he was suddenly not hungry. but the idea of food meant a good excuse for casper to stay a little longer, the exact opposite excuse of what the food had been five minutes previously. "and Addi's make up looks amazing. can we at least eat before you go. you put so much effort into tonight it would be a shame not to enjoy it." he said reaching out to grab the slowly finishing figure before stopping it. maybe Taras rules were right. no touching.

Casper sighed, rubbing a hand over his forehead. "You never do, do you?" He asked, frustrated. He half turned back to the other boy. "I'm glad I'm so unappealing to you, Linden, that you can just so completely, effortlessly blow Tara's nonsense off." Cas ran a hand through his hair, tugging lightly on the blond strands. "That's just how it goes, isn't it? For one moment, I almost-" He stopped himself, letting out an aggravated sigh. "For the fifth time this week, there is my place, thank you," Cas could feel the lump in his throat. He turned, taking a moment to breath. "I'll see you tomorrow." He spoke softly.

Linden listened as cas said that he never did. He shook his head of course he didn’t. Why would he. That would just be insane. He watched continued shaking his head as cas said how unappealing he was to him. He shook his head his mind screaming no no no. That is not it. You are not unattractive to me. Fudge, when I saw you tonight I was speechless, you looked like someone they write legends about he thought. of course you thought. Because it was right. But I can’t act on it. I don’t want to use you. You are worth more than being my rebound, worth more than me using you to get over Lucas he screamed at cas but he couldn’t trust himself to say any of that. Instead he mouth ajar until he was pulled out of his thoughts by cas turning and leaving. cas, that, that’s not it.” he said weakly to the form of caspers disappearing back. He looked after. He could go after him and tell him everything but he wasn’t ready for that. He could go and find Tara. But he was talking with Stan. He didn’t feel like enjoying the feast now. He picked up a pasty and a cupcake and left the hall heading up to Hufflepuff house. It was a risk cas could be there. But if he knew cas enough he would be in the art room. He was right the common room was almost empty but he headed up to the dorm. dont look at me like that bamse. he said to the cat that was glaring up at him from cas’s bed as he put the cupcake on cas’ bed side table and left the pastie on his before he grabbed his toiletry bag and made his way to the showers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back