A Recollection

Asparuh was a little shocked to hear that Tsvetanka was the prime reason why Danielle was always disappearing. If he had known, he would have killed the woman a long time ago. Messing with an ally was never a good option. Asparuh inquired, "Why would you even allow her? It should have never gotten that far, and if you would have notified me, I would have gotten rid of her." Asparuh was being rather sincere, but his voice was not anywhere close to being soft. So, she seemed...off about having someone almost bully her around. Asparuh would not have allowed it, for he was not one to be pushed around, especially now. No one tested his word, and no one ever will. At least if someone does, then he will kill them. And that would be the end of that. No stress or anything for him. However, there was still the issue with raising the children. There were too many, and if he kept gaining families and such like that, then he would need someone to assist in raising them.

Now that Raisa was pregnant, there would not be another woman he could trust to handle both Ivaylo and Asparuh IV. Raisa's temper had flown through the roof, and he could not trust her to even touch either infants, no matter how much Asparuh IV loved to see Raisa get pissed off. Asparuh would need someone else, someone that Asparuh IV would allow to hold. Thing is, would Danielle come with him, to assist in raising such a powerful young before he descended down into the training room for years to come? Asparuh didn't know either. He reached inside of his robes, and pulled out a folded piece of parchment. A will. The owner of the will that was hidden for many years was Asparuh's dear mother, Lady Lydia. The woman had a thing for hiding the most precious things, and here was a will that no one had found except for himself as he was going through some of her old and cursed objects.

Asparuh's black eyes scanned over the parchment, but what was curious was Lady Lydia had her dreams in here as well. Most Zhefarovich women didn't have dreams anymore, but his mother did. Narrowing his eyes, he figured out that his mother hated his late-wife. This time however, Danielle was going to say something, and instead of voicing that he wanted her to finish the sentence, he used legilimency to find out what she was going to say. It was eerie. Asparuh got what he needed, and he said, "You want what my mother wanted." Asparuh stood up out of his chair, and it vanished. Asparuh continued, "You want us to get married. To fix your family's problems, and to get them to shut up." Asparuh thought this was rather stupid, but he didn't voice his opinion. The laws in the Zhefarovich family were broad, but every will of the dead must be carried out. Lady Lydia didn't order it, but it is what she wanted. "I am bound to follow through my mother's words. She wished to see us together. As she is dead now, I am wanting to allow this simple act. Merging our families under one rule - us - would be too prosperous to pass up." Asparuh did not show a single emotion, but his cold words were cutting through the air like flesh. And he was not joking.

Danielle could easily tell that Asparuh was both shock and unhappy to have been told by her that Tsvetanka was the very reason that she disappeared   for such a long time, and the reason she kept disappearing afterwards as well. When he questioned her about it she lowered her eyes to the ground for a moment, perhaps she should have told him but it was much more complicated then that. ”Asparuh, you’ve been protecting me as a kid…just for once I didn’t want you to have to do this. On top of that many of her threats forbid me to go around you. To begin with.” Her voice had coldness to it but there was also annoyance in it as well, she clearly remembered the various threats and exactly why she was so afraid of them, she was young and most of them could have easily been carried out. Tsvetanka had been so in love with Asparuh that she basically let herself become stupid with it, it almost made Danielle sick with how many woman have done the same exact thing that woman have over him. ”It was also your family, your parents wanted you to marry her and I didn’t want to meddle in that.” At first when Danielle found out more about the woman she wanted to jump out and say she told them so, the woman had lied to them all and said she was a pure blood and she wasn’t. Danielle wasn’t exactly sure what had happened between Tsvetanka and Asparuh but she knew it ended up badly for the latter, and god was she thankful that the woman suffered in the end.

While she was out in the world and traveling around is when she discovered so many ways to kill others, and even different types of magic she had never heard of before then. Maybe the traveling had done her some good, she still would rather have not been forced to leave like that. Although one of the times she traveled around ended up in her producing children with the biggest idiot in the world, she was sure Asparuh would remember how distraught she was on the day she found out she was with child, those two nearly killed her due to the infertility issues she possessed. Turning her angelic face to Asparuh she watched as he reached inside of his robes, and pulled out a folded piece of parchment that caught her attention and her curiosity. She stepped over to Asparuh her white stress flowing around her as she did so , once she reached close enough to him she peered at the Parchment carefully. ”What is this, Asparuh?” She asked, her voice showing no emotion even if she was very curious. A pale hand went up to brush some of her blonde hair away from her face, maybe what he was reading was something for his eyes only, she didn’t mind, her thoughts went back to what she was thinking about before.

When Asparuh spoke again, Danielle’s thoughts were interrupted as she cued into listen to him speak, she had never heard him speak without there being a purpose so she made sure to listen closely. What he did say though not only made her tense up in shock, but a spark of anger rise as well, ”I thought I told you to stay out of my head?!” She bit out, feeling a shudder run up her spine just from the thought of someone being inside her head and seeing her private thoughts. It was one of her greatest fears was to have someone be inside her head, that’s why she had learned Occlumency, only she wasn’t good enough at it yet to block everyone out. Danielle’s anger boiled down as she continued to listen to him speak, she couldn’t believe what she was hearing from his mouth, this was the one thing she never ever expected to even be spoken about between her and her greatest ally and friend. ”Your mother wanted us to get married. There are reasons other than my family, but you will never hear those reasons from me while I’m still alive.” Danielle let her eyes fall onto the piece of Parchment, yes her family was bothering her to get married to someone just to seal another alliance or something, obviously they never listened to her ideas of never wanting to marry or be considered lesser to someone. Once Danielle thought back on it she realized it should have been more obvious that Lady Lydia had wanted the two of them together, every chance she got the woman put them together. “You want to get married and merge our families? Are you sure you want to do this Asparuh, this is…” She had to admit that combining two very dark and powerful families would be like an ultimate way of proving how much better of a leader she was than her father. On top of that she trusted Asparuh with her family more then she trusted her own family in any way, he was the only man she bothered to show utter respect for and allow to be close to her without wanting to slice him in two the next day, if Asparuh was sure about this then she thought it would be more than perfect.

Asparuh could only shrug lightly, as he paced the room, his back now turned on Danielle. He folded the parchment back and placed it on the inside of his robes. His blackened eyes closed, and he murmured, "I managed to come across her will. That is what that parchment was. No other eyes have set upon it except for mine - and it will stay that way." Asparuh preferred to keep it as close to him as possible. His father's will was never found either but then again, he died at a young age, and not just that, he was killed by the love of his life gone crazy. Asparuh remembered these times as if they were yesterday. Danielle was smart to not meddle, but in a way, he wish she had. Then perhaps he would not have ended up with two failure of children, and then their own offspring weren't making up for them either.

"You have told me many things, Danielle, including that, but it has never stopped nor will it," Asparuh's eyes opened, as he was uncaring and as ruthless as they come. He never took orders from others unless they were of higher power - over him. Just as he had obeyed his father, and his grandfather. But when he had reached Patriarch, and spread terror throughout, he answered to no one. He obeyed only himself. However, there were times where Kalif did seem to control him, and keep Asparuh on a short leash and that was because Asparuh allowed him to. If Kalif had not stopped him from unleashing his full wrath many times, there would be very, very few people in the family alive, and then hundreds more following them. Asparuh didn't care, but he needed to be reminded that he needed to conserve his energy or else go into a heart attack.

Asparuh turned his head a bit, and not a single emotion flowed upon his cold, statue-like face, "If I wish to know the complete reasons, then I would find out for myself. Seeing that I honestly don't care, then I won't try to waste my time on useless information." Asparuh could not care to know something like that anyway. If he were to go through with it, Asparuh would have to ensure it won't end up like the last time. Danielle was a pure-blood however, and her family was worthy enough. However, he preferred to have someone not close to him, as he never liked the idea of marriage anyway. Asparuh chose to remain alone, and he preferred it to be like that. Not to have some burden hanging off him, declaring her love for him every three minutes. Not that anyone had done that, but Asparuh didn't want to have to experience it either. "It isn't want I want. It is what you want. I saw your mind, and from what I know, you don't control my desires. I would go through with it however seeing as it is what my mother would want. I honor her even to this day." Asparuh kept his back upon her, as now he stared ahead. He did not seem excited nor dreading the marriage. Simply: apathetic.

After hearing what Asparuh had to say Danielle allowed her to sigh softly, right now she was facing one of the biggest decisions in her lifetime and needed to weigh everything carefully, he stated that he didn't want to know the real reasons and she relaxed herself. "Good then we'll forget the complete reasons." She stated back just as coldly, her mind was still sifting through everything that would be affected by this as she couldn't afford to make the wrong decision. On top of this she also had to think of the honor and will of Lady Lydia, the woman that both she and Asparuh respected and owed so much to for teaching them so much about the Dark Arts and the position of power they held today. The wind blew through the window and once again the ocean air filled her nostrils and relaxed her, all she needed to do was give him a yes or no and everything would be set into place. Although a part of her vaguely wondered if she had a choice, he said it was what she wanted and there was no questioning it in that there was something inside her that did indeed want this. Not out of love though because she surely didn't love and seek after Asparuh like all the low-life woman he had encountered so far, Danielle believed in love she just didn't see it in herself and especially with someone she considered to be to good of an ally to act like that to.

"Alright. Let's get married then." Danielle turned around and stated with no emotion, her blinding blue eyes wavering in the light of the room, the sun was slightly beginning to set and it made Danielle realize how easy it was for her to lose track of time when she was around Asparuh. His back was still facing her but she was pretty sure he could hear her and everything, after all she had pretty much agreed to the whole marriage thing, for some reason she almost thought she could sense how pleased Lady Lydia would be with this decision of theirs. "But if we do, there's a bunch of decisions we would have to make and soon." Her petite form made it's way away from the window and more towards Asparuh, but nowhere near being close to him as she tried to think out all the things she would have to worry about. There was the idea if there was going to be a wedding or not, the date, her family matters, and everything else, if Asparuh fully agreed to the marriage she wondered if he would have any input on it, she hoped he would. If Danielle married him he would own her family just as much as she owned it, and that scared her a little.

Asparuh somehow felt something, he didn't know what it was, nor could the feeling be explained. It was as if a demoness was lurking about, and awfully proud of what they have finally decided. Must be Mother. After all these years, even after she is long since dead, she is still proud enough to show her feelings through the realm of the dead. This may or may not be true, as Asparuh had yet to see his mother as a ghost, but it could be possible. No one really knew what became of Lady Lydia, nor how she really died, whether she killed herself or someone else did the deed. A mystery that would never be solved so long as Lady Lydia wasn't a ghost. If only she were alive right now. She would be cackling with joy.

Asparuh was tempted to seek into Danielle's mind to seek out the true reasons. He was not going to be used, and if that were the situation, Asparuh would kill her. Ally or not, he was not someone or something to be used or tampered with. It was all about losing humanity, and he lost his one year into his training. Despite her apathetic attitude, Asparuh still debated in his mind. She is about to be wed to one of the most powerful pure-blood men remaining, and one of the only original Death Eaters from back in the 1960s remaining. I wonder if there is more to this than there appears. However, only time would tell, and he would have to wait, and 'enjoy' the married life. Asparuh hated having that infamous ball and chain ordeal, however, it was not often he who wore the ball and chain. Asparuh could be controlling very easily.

"We will come up with preparations soon. For now, however, I will have to inform the other family members. The date of said wedding will be on All Hallow's Eve, in the typical traditional manner of which Patriarchs are to be wed." Asparuh had never informed Danielle of how they were to be wed yet, but he had much time to do so. He had other things to do. Asparuh stared into her blue eyes for a moment, before turning and leaving. It was almost hard for him to believe that in a matter of a few months, he would be married again. He had been alone for nearly fifteen years, and expected to stay alone for the remainder of his life. Apparently, fate had other things in-store for them. For now though, Asparuh hated to think it: he had a wedding to plan.

Everything was going to change about Danielle's life now and she straight up knew that from the very moment she agreed to this marriage with Asparuh, she was ready for the changes. The first change that was probably going to be the hardest on her was becoming used to having dual power, it wouldn't be just her in charge of her family anymore. This she felt could be tolerable though because he was more than fit to be a leader, and she trusted him with her family even more than she trusted her own siblings. Danielle had never thought of herself as getting married either, even as a young girl she had pictured herself as being alone and never needing a man in her life since it was a man who tried to assume she had no power she had been against the majority of them all her life. 'I wonder if father would be proud of me now?' She doubted it since it was his death that made all of this happen, still she had become everything he said she wouldn't and that gave her a jest of happiness inside. To know that he was wrong about her, there was nothing that was going to take it from her now.

"Do not worry Asparuh, I'm not going to use or try to control you. My reasons are far more different than that." She have never liked any of the other woman he was with, they were all nothing but a bunch of low-life commoners to her, except Liyla who she felt actually had more of a title than the others would ever dream of having. If only the woman hadn't been a fool and had fallen in love with Asparuh, then maybe Liyla would still be alive today and this wouldn't be happening to her right now. Sometimes Danielle wished things could go back to the good old days back when Bellatrix, Fenrir, and even the Dark Lord were all around and she was younger. Danielle would never forgive that half-blood brat for destroying so many things she held dear, if only he had been destroyed then it all would have been different. Still, she had to be thankful because this marriage would not only be legend and fear all stuck together as one, it was something that she actually wanted for once. When Asparuh began to speak again she turned her head and let her angelic blue eyes fall onto him carefully.

"Halloween? I should inform my family as well, that is much sooner than I had expected." At first she was shocked about there being a wedding all together but this figured that since this was their Patriarch it was going to be a really big deal for these people. Danielle didn't mind the date though, even if it meant things were going to have to be pulled together fast because of the closeness of the date. As soon as he left she let loose a cold and haunting smile, how could it be that everyone was right about the two of them and their future? Well, half right. They were right that the two of them would someday get married to one another, but they had been so wrong about the two of them ever falling in love with one another. Motioning a nearby servant she ordered them to round up the family, and have the house-elves prepare a dinner for tonight...she had an announcement for all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back