Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaumont Karhunlappi

OOC First Name
Emma(pants)
Wand
Coconut Wand 14 1/4" Essence of Star Dust
Hi!

I wonder if we could have a place where we can send and receive owls that are part of the characters' lives. I don't know if I explained that very well. What I mean is somewhere where, for example, students' mothers can post "I miss you, love" so their kids can see it while they're at school, and where people who have friends at different schools can post letters to each other.

I realise it might be difficult to stop people from doing actual roleplays in these topics, which is the main drawback I can think of (i.e. a Hogwarts student and a Durmstrang student RPing as if they were actually talking to each other). Perhaps it could be a rule of that forum that there is to be only letters sent?

I know I would use it for at least two of my characters, and since the TWT last year, I'm sure there are more students who have friends 'overseas.'

I've seen it on other boards where each character has a topic where people can leave messages for them - a good way for characters to keep in touch with each other when we in RL don't have time to do full RPs.

I wonder what other people think about this?
Cheers,
Emma

Actually, if I understand what you're saying, there is already a place for this. :)
The Owlery in Hogwarts (Link) allows for non-Hogwarts people to reply to topics for that exact purpose: letters.
So you'll have to have your student character start a topic of him/her going to the Owlery to send/receive some mail. Then the other person can post what the contents of their character's letter would say. :) You can then go back and forth from the owlery. :)

No problem. :)

Do you think a note in the forum rules section of the owlery would be helpful?

Yes, I do. :correct: I didn't know that until now. :tut:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back