OOC First Name
Emzies
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Wand
Knotted 18" Unyielding Willow Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Aurora had thought it would be good to speak to the charms professor early on, though of course she wasn't going to go alone. Aurora hadn't run it by the charms professor and she wasn't sure it would super matter, but she felt a little bad about it. She glanced at Rosie and gave a little a smile. She could figure that they would maybe need different guides, but any guide which Aurora had she'd likely share with Rosie and the opposite was true too. Aurora smiled and then knocked upon the professor's door.

Rosie was following her sister to Professor Corrins' office, she didn't think that her being there was really necessary. She wasn't good at studying, had never been that good at it. She didn't think it was necessarily for her to have one, but she had come with her sister anyway, knowing that it was probably better if she did and got one. Rosie glanced at her sister as Aurora knocked, "Do you think she'll mind that there are two of us?" Rosie was sure the professor had meant for them to come alone but Rosie wouldn't have come without Aurora.

Mallory was having an interesting year. It was always an experience to see how different students reacted to her lessons, her teachings. She didn't have as many students seeking out private lessons this year, but she supposed that was alright. As long as it was more from a lack of need for it than it was from someone being too shy to approach her. She was just reviewing lessons and going over a few papers when she heard the knock at her door. She looked up with a small smile, checking to make sure her cats were sleeping before turning her attention back to her guests. "Come in," She called, setting her things aside.

Aurora nodded at her sister's words, she was sure it would be fine, and the professor wouldn't mind it, or he hoped that she wouldn't mind it. When the professor welcomed them in, Aurora stepped in first, taking her sister's hand and pulling her in after her. "Hi Professor, I'm Aurora, this is Rosie," she introduced them to the professor though this woman who'd been taking them a while probably knew exactly who they were. "We wanted to get some study help?" she said glancing briefly towards her sister in case she had anything to add.

Rosie followed Aurora into the professor's office. She glanced about the office, and was surprised with how nice it looked. Though Rosie had never really been in that many offices. She nodded in agreement with Aurora and smiled at the professor. "I really like all your robes...do you get madam malkins?" she had grown to really appreciate the professor and her outfits. They were nice and she enjoyed seeing what new ones might be worn. It was not about the class or studying, but Rosie felt it was worth mentioning.

Mallory smiled as Stefans' twins came in. "Yes, of course, hello girls." She greeted, motioning for them to take a seat. "Would you like some tea or cocoa?" She asked, moving to put the kettle on. "Thank you, Rosie," She smiled at the girl. "I don't. My cousin went to school for fashion, she makes all my clothes." She explained, before moving back to her seat. "Thank you girls for coming in." She told them, before pulling out a pair of personalized journals and study packets from her desk drawer.

"I was actually expecting the two of you to come together." She chuckled, setting a very floral journal with 'Rosie Archer' written in flowy calligraphy in front of one girl and another journal with several black and white polaroid shots of nature with 'Aurora Archer' written in a bolder, more blocky text. Along with the journals were the study guides. "I've put together a very specific, tailored study guide for the two of you. That is the packets here. I've put together a section for each lesson we cover this year, a few sections for extra credit spells if you feel confident and want to learn more, and I've put together a study guide the two of you can adapt and utilize through the rest of your schooling and into your other subjects."

Mallory explained, getting a bit more into Professor mode. "As for the journals, I'd like for the two of you to use these personally. I never need to see these, but I want to make sure that you both have a safe outlet to write down your innermost thoughts, secrets, and ideas." She smiled at the girls. "I'd like to set up a weekly check in; it could be as simple as a cup of tea and biscuits and a chat about how your week is going, or it could be extra study sessions where you go over your packets here." She smiled warmly at the twins.

Aurora was quite surprised by Rosie's compliment, Aurora had noted the professor had interesting robes, but never would've thought that Rosie was interested in them or would comment on them. She knew that Rosie would be disappointed that she could buy the robes, but that wasn't what they were here for. Aurora sat down and then shook her head, "I'm all good," she was glad the professor didn't seem bothered by them coming together. She had worried about it, but it wasn't something she needed to worry about. She reached out and took the journal, enjoying the bold and blocky text. "I can definitely get the extra credit spells," she replied confidently. But glancing at the study guide she though hers looked good. At the invitation to come back for more, she just nodded. "I'd welcome that, though I'll have to fit it around quidditch," Aurora said before glancing at Rosie. "Would the sessions be all three of us?"

Rosie gave a small frown as she said down. "Oh..," she would've wanted to get robes like the ones the professor wore, they would be a nice change from the school uniform or plain muggle clothes she wore. "She's very good...your cousin," Rosie said. At the offer of a drink she nodded. "I'll have some cocoa, if it isn't too much bother?" She was sure that this session would be more for Aurora than for her, but was surprised by how unique both the journal and how complimentary the study guide was for them. Even a small glance towards Aurora's showed that to Rosie. "Thank you professor," Rosie had deep sincerity in her voice. "I'd love weekly sessions. My revision isn't always very good, so I'd find it helpful." they'd be able to work it out between schedules, Rosie was sure.

Mallory smiled softly at the girls. "Well, I could speak to her if you'd like. I'm sure she'd be happy to make you some robes." Mallory offered, putting together a hot cocoa before giving it over to Rosie. She settled in with her own tea, rubbing her fingers gently against the ceramic. "You don't have to include me, if you don't want, but you do have my full support. I can step into my room if you'd like the office to yourselves, give you a bit more privacy, or I can stay at my desk and be available if you have questions or would like assistance." She smiled softly, reassuring the kids.

Aurora couldn't imagine studying or using professor Corrins' area without her present. After all if they wanted privacy she was sure they could get some in the library. "I think if we are here," Aurora started tentatively glancing across at her twin, "We'd rather you were here," She wasn't sure if she should say why, and decided to just give an answer for it. "So you could answer questions and make sure we're casting right," Aurora glanced back to Rosie seeing if she had any opinions on this.

Rosie was a little stuck on the idea that Professor Corrins' would let her get some nice robes like hers. That was such a lovely offer and her mind was already thinking about the flowery robes she might be able to have made. She was brought back as Aurora spoke and she just nodded in agreement even though she wasn't entirely sure what this was about. Rosie sipped her hot chocolate and then added. "As long as it wasn't too much bother," she added. "We could do once a month or once a fortnight?" that way Rosie was sure it could be worked around schedules.

Mallory smiled at the girls, cradling her cup. "I think once a fortnight would be better. I'm not too fussed on the day, just let me know when you're available." She sipped her tea. "Now, if you girls would like, ask your father to come speak to me and we can arrange for the two of you to come by over the break. Tyra will want to see you personally, Rosie, so that she can make your robes." She let a coy grin slip over her face. "If you get good grades this semester, we'll call... six robes on the house?" She offered. "The offer goes for you as well, Aurora. Tyra is a wonderful stylist."

Aurora nodded in agreement. She reached into her bag and took out a quill before opening up the new journal that Mallory had given her and wrote down the plan, and what she was to do. Aurora frowned a little unsure for a second as to why Professor Corrins would want to speak to their dad but it made sense. She wasn't sure she wanted to exploit this woman and her cousin. But she knew that Rosie would be eager. "We'll speak to him," Aurora replied before Rosie could agree to too much.

Rosie was expecting that Aurora would help keep them to track and on time, she did not expect for her to be the one to do that. She perhaps had more spare time that Aurora had, but Rosie knew she wasn't the person to time keep. The girl was pretty excited at the suggestion that she could get some new robes by this woman's cousin. They would be so pretty. She didn't necessarily want them for free but she was sure buying them might be a little tricky. "You're very kind Professor," Rosie said warmly. She was really hoping her dad would agree.

Mallory chuckled softly. "Of course, my dears." She replied easily. "If you'd like, you could go over your guides now?" She offered, nodding towards the leather couch and coffee table. "In case you have any questions." She clarified. She'd thought their meeting might take a bit more time, but she also understood if they wanted to go and come back later.

This was far more what Aurora wanted, to actually go over the guides. She wanted to know and understand it far more. The gryffindor nodded. "Please," she said, she was sure that this part would bore Rosie, but she knew it was important for her to do. She needed to understand and was sure she would have a lot of questions because of being told about it. The guide would be useful if she knew what it was talking about.

Rosie was hoping that they might talk more about robes or pretty designs, but of course that was not the case, instead the professor focused on the guides that they had. Rosie glanced at it and then back up at the professor. She was curious about what exactly in this they would go over, but knew it was important to Aurora and if it was important to her then she could just stay silent. Rosie could admit too that it was likely to her that she would also find this useful.

Mallory smiled, and led the girls over to the couch, sitting on an ottoman. Once they were all settled, she opened their study guides on the coffee table in front of them, spending about fifteen minutes walking them through the pages. As she finished, she gave the girls a gentle smile. "Do either of you have any questions, or concerns?" She asked, picking her tea back up again and sipping on it.

Aurora followed along as the professor talked them over the papers. it was informative and she felt better for doing it. It was nice of the professor to do this. She knew that this would help her in her studying in this year and as she got older to her OWL and NEWT exams. If she wanted to be a healer too, she needed to work hard. "I don't, that was really helpful," Aurora said before looking at Rosie, she felt more that Rosie would have a question or two.

Rosie had been following along enough, with what the professor was saying, but after a certain point she began to feel pretty overwhelmed with all the information that they were being told. SHe knew it would be useful, but she also knew that with these things sometimes she needed just a little more time to be able to process it. But the professor had finished going over it and Aurora was now looking at her. "I'm a little overwhelmed with it, so I might take a bit of time and get back to you?" Rosie didn't want to hold things up too much, especially when she just required more time with it.

Mallory smiled at the girls, gauging each of their reactions. "Rosie," She offered, "If things get overwhelming for you, you're more than welcome to come in without your sister," She promised. "We can do extra reviews, go over things again. It's alright to move along at your own pace," She reassured her gently. "My door is always open to the both of you," She promised, giving them both a gentle smile. "Even after you switch over to Professor Hadens' classes, my door is always open to anyone looking to students. I also offer more than just Charms; I have textbooks for all your other classes, and several for muggle subjects as well if you'd like to learn something new."

Rosie glanced a little nervously at the professor, hoping this woman wouldn't be annoyed or even just find it funny that she struggled. Rosie really doubted that she would but sometimes it flashed in her head. She nodded along, thinking it might be a good idea, to get some extra help, at the very least because she did want to do well in charms. "I know...and Aurora doesn't rush me, but I'd like probably to come more than Aurora, I think I'll need it." Rosie replied with a little smile. That was all she had, no other concerns or worries. "Can you go over it again now, just so I can get it, and then I think I'll be good?"

Mallory chuckled. She brought out some snacks for the girls, Maxim wondering out and trying to hop into Aurora's lap. Mallory was paying attention more to Rosie for now, scooting a little closer. "Rosie, either of you can stop in any time you'd like." She promised with a gentle smile. She turned her eyes back to the guide, gently walking the girl through it once again, refilling her tea and offering more to both girls as she did. Once they'd wrapped it up again, she looked to Rosie with a gentle smile. "Do you understand it a bit better now, my dear?"

Rosie listened carefully as Mallory went back over it, Rosie nodded lightly every so often. Finding it much easier for her to follow along now that she was hearing it for a second time. By the end of it, Rosie was feeling much more confident about it. The gryffindor glanced towards her sister giving her a little nod and smile. "Thanks professor," she said sincerely. "That's much more clear," Rosie assured her. She'd likely be back a lot to ask questions over the semester and the next but he knew this would be the professor who wouldn't mind.

Aurora listened along with a warm smile as the professor re-explained it for her sister. She didn't mind sitting along as that happened, especially because it was always useful for her to also have someone go over it again. Aurora nodded as it seemed that Rosie had got it. "Thanks professor," she said, "I think we can go now, unless there's anything else you want to tell us?" The teen was sure they'd be able to come back if there were more questions.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back