Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Sexual Orientation
too young to care
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Swishy Redwood Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
A number of bad decisions had led Einar to this point, but really, it didn’t matter because he had travelled all this way, which had just been so long, his feet were sore, his body tired and he just found out he wasn’t there. It had been odd to receive anything from Lucas at the beginning of the holiday, even in Einar’s worst mood’s Lucas was always the one to reach out, but when there had been little from him he’d been a bit concerned and had reached out, the continued silence had prompted this adventure. He couldn’t wait to be able to apparate. The teen had gone to Lucas’ house to be told he was out, and the door was closed in his face. He tried to wrack his brain as to places that Lucas had talked about, where he could be. He glanced around himself as he headed down the drive. It took some thinking but he eventually thought about it and headed in that direction. Einar felt pretty worn out and was hopeful that soon he’d find him if only for a bit of a rest. He was just glad it was summer and at least it wasn’t cold, the air was warm and nice. He ventured away from the house and towards the direction he was sure Lucas had gone. It took a good while and he’d had to duck out of view a few times, but he eventually spotted where Lucas had once talked about. ”Lucas?” his voice was rough, seemingly having grown a little deeper but mostly just rough for the disuse of it. ”You here?” he called out, venturing closer in. He wasn’t sure what else to do, he couldn’t use magic which would’ve helped him see if there was anyone about. Maybe he’d just have to search and then if still no one he would move on.

Lucas had gone soft. He had. He had grown too comfortable with Einar protecting him. So when he had come home this break, he hadn't expected the retribution waiting for him. His brothers' games had been a little... rough. He had decided to leave, packing the few things he really wanted in his backpack and taking off to the old bridge in the woods. His wrist ached; it wasn't broken, thank god, but he was keeping it wrapped and steady. The scattered bruising had finally started to fade, and his body was feeling less tight.

He'd been out here most of the break, and it was honestly a little nice. He was lonely; his brothers had broken his phone so he couldn't call Einar, and with no owl he hadn't been able to write, either. He'd been trying to keep track of the days so that he wouldn't miss going back to school. He supposed if he was really desperate he could have called his aunt Cassi, but he didn't want her to know what his brothers had done, really.

He had been dozing, curled up and using his backpack as a pillow, when he heard something. Lucas stirred, yawning and slowly standing. He stood, hair mussed, and walked over to peek out from behind the edge of the bridge, rubbing his eye sleepily. "Einar?" He murmured, not awake enough to think of hiding how he cradled his arm. Was he still dreaming? Lucas smiled warmly, heart fluttering in his chest.

Last edited:
Einar heard someone speak and he moved towards them, noting the familiar hair and outfit of his friend, ”OH Lucas!” he exclaimed breaking into a run to close the distance between them even if he was just so tired, he stood close, hesitating for a moment, after everything else he did sort of want to hug his friend, but everything felt too on fire for him to do it, and it was then he noticed how Lucas looked, ”Your family seemed to think you’d just popped out for a couple of hours,” he said quietly, but he was sure it wasn’t that, they just hadn’t noticed what he was doing. Einar sighed, ”Are you okay?” he asked though he was sure he wasn’t. ”I have a bit of money, let’s go get something to eat?” he said, ”Maybe call Cassi,” he then added. He thought it would be good for them to call Cassi to get her to come get Lucas and then Einar would face whatever trouble his social worker had for him. He reached out with a hand, it was tentative and he seemed unsure but he was thinking it might be a little nice to hold Lucas’ hand and he felt he could very much do with a little physical comfort.

Lucas rubbed sleep out of his eyes. He blinked as Einar came rushing over. He smiled, taking a few steps closer himself. "Einar," he sighed softly in content, relaxing a bit. "What are you doing here?" He asked softly. He shrugged as Einar talked about stopping to see his family. He'd been gone since shortly after break started, but it didn't surprise him his family hadn't noticed. He nodded quietly as Einar asked if he was okay. He hesitated as the other boy suggested they go eat and see Cassi. He reached out when Einar did, taking his hand easily. Lucas wanted to cuddle with Einar, but he also knew better. "It's okay, I have supplies here." He promised, smiling warmly. He stepped back, thinking Einar would probably follow him as Lucas moved back under the bridge. He sighed, sitting down in the grass again and pulling his backpack over. "If you're hungry, I have some food," he offered, digging into his bag for some chips.

Einar shook his head, ”I hadn’t heard anything from you, I was worried,” he admitted quietly with a little shrug as to try and dismiss what he had done, why he had done it. After all, he was here with Lucas now what did it matter how that had happened. He wasn’t too surprised that Lucas his hand, but was that he had supplies and wanted to stay there, ”Let’s get some warm food Lucas,” he said, he just wanted to think of next steps of a place to call Cassi, of somewhere to figure this out. He didn’t want to force Lucas somewhere but he did want his friend safe and could only imagine that happening if he got him to a place where they could eat and where he could access a phone. He had the mobile that Lucas had leant him, but in his journey it had lost most of its power. Einar also thought it didn’t work that well around him but that was a little besides the point. He hoped that Lucas would follow him.

Lucas paused as Einar said he'd been worried. He felt a mix of things; bashful, ashamed, pleased Einar had noticed his absence. Lucas sighed, squeezing Einar's hand a little. "I'm sorry," he apologized softly. "My brothers broke my phone, and I didn't have access to an owl after I left. I didn't..." He hesitated, looking down and scuffing his toe in the dirt. "I'm just... used to being unseen. I didn't think you would notice if I was gone," he admitted quietly. He glanced up at Einar, swallowing nervously and putting his other hand in his pocket. He wanted to ask if Einar had come out here to see him, to find him, but Lucas knew that was unlikely. It was just wishful thinking; he had always known their 'friendship' only existed because Lucas had forced his way into Einar's life.

Lucas sighed as Einar said he wanted hot food, and stood, throwing his bag over his shoulder and walking back to the other boy. "Alright, I can get us something to eat. I know a few places." He smiled, offering his hand hesitantly to Einar again. They made their way back to the road, and Lucas yawned. "It's been... kinda nice out here," he told Einar, pausing a moment before adding more, his voice softer. "I... I'm really glad you're here, though, I... I've really missed you, Einar." Lucas spoke softly, feeling oddly shy as he glanced up at his best friend, stopping as they came near the road again.

Einar knew he wouldn’t often want to touch this much but after his journey here he was thankful for the short touch. He nodded in understanding, part of him had believed that had simply been the case, that Lucas’ brother had done something caused something which had made him unable to reach out but with another distant foster family who seemingly had a problem with everything Einar did he had needed to do something. He nodded as Lucas seemed to relent about finding a place to eat and he gave a little smile. ”It’s sometimes nice to just be alone in your own world,” he agreed but smiled, ”I ehhh...missed you too,” he replied. Feeling his cheeks blush badly and just not sure what else he should really do. Einar just then moved towards the road and they began to walk int the direction they were supposed to.

In all of his rushing to find Lucas Einar hadn’t really thought of the consequences, he knew he was going to be in so much trouble, but Lucas didn’t need to know that, once he was safe with Cassi Einar would face that, he would face that mess he’d caused by leaving. It seemed however that the universe had other plans, and perhaps going to Lucas’ parents given the last thing he’d done was tackle the brother all those months ago hadn’t been right. The flashing of red and blue lights and Einar immediately let go of Lucas’ hand. He immediately was panicked especially as they approached him and the hours which followed did nothing for Einar’s current state of mind, but he was at least thankful that Lucas was safe. They were after him, not Lucas.

Cassi had been surprised to say the least when she'd gotten a desperate call from Lucas, sobbing and practically hysterical. She'd grabbed her bags and quickly made her way to Maine, arriving in less than an hour. She booked a nice hotel room, one with its own kitchen and two separate sections for the two queen sized beds. She picked up Lucas and dropped him at the room, listening intently as he explained to her what had happened, her shock growing more as he broke down and told her everything- the way his brothers bullied him, the way his parents ignored him, how he felt like she and Einar were all he had in the entire world. She looked over his bruises and gave him a potion for his hurt wrist, her anger growing at the physical evidence supporting his story. The last holiday break when Einar had tackled Gabriel made so much more sense now.

She left Lucas at the hotel room, spending the next several hours on the phone with several social workers, seizing custody of Lucas from her sister and gaining temporary custody of Einar from a very disgruntled worker in Alaska. Eventually, she made her way to the police station, pleased as she was able to pick up Einar. She relaxed visibly as he was released to her, using her connections to get everything his sister had tried to lay against him dropped. She tried to keep him close, concerned. There was still things to be dealt with, but she gave Einar her credit card and dropped him off at the hotel, waiting to be sure he was inside before taking off to deal more with the situation at hand.

The next few hours were absolute hell for Lucas. He had panicked when Einar had been taking, running as fast as he could to the library and begging to use the phone. He'd been practically hysterical when he called his aunt, and he'd finally broken, telling her everything, begging her to go get Einar and make everything better. He knew his parents were behind this somehow, he didn't know how but he knew it was his fault. He'd begged Cassi to make things better. He had put up with this all of his life, and he had never intended to let Cassi know what was going on. He was alright, he was used to it, he could handle it. But Lucas wouldn't let anything happen to Einar if he could stop it.

Before he knew it, Cassi had left him alone in the hotel room. He paced, nervous, scared, upset. He spun around when he heard the door open again, and he couldn't describe the relief he felt when Einar walked into the room. "Einar," Lucas broke down, sobbing and rushing forward a moment before stopping himself. "Einar, Einar, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, are you okay?" he sobbed, voice breaking several times as he tried to calm down. Einar was here, he was back, things were gunna be okay, right?

The time seemed to pass around him, there was so much light and so much noise but it all seemed empty and quiet to him. His head was a mess and he just didn’t react to any of it. He had been told it would take a while for his social worker to turn up but every person kept pressing to him how much trouble he was in. But way sooner than before he was brought out and his eyes graced Cassi, he didn’t react but mutely he knew at least Lucas was safe. Cassi was probably there to help get him to his social worker or something, maybe get him into a little less trouble than he was in. But they let him leave and Cassi gave him a hotel room key and took him to it. Though she left. He nodded but he felt like he was outside his own body, like every move he made was someone else controlling his strings. He was so tired, so exhausted from all of it. So hungry. He opened the door, and the warmth of the hotel room washed over him. He blinkingly stared at Lucas as the door closed behind him, he could hear the words but they felt so far away. Einar stood stock still as the relief began to wash over him. He was still likely in trouble but for now he could relax. He felt so numb. He looked at his friend, and recognition slowly flooded his expression. He gave a little smile and then his eyes began to feel hot, he reached out taking a step forward and wrapped his arms around Lucas, and seemingly that was it. Einar’s body shook as he cried silently, the day was over and he could finally rest and he just wanted to feel someone, anything. He just clung to Lucas like he was the only thing tethering him to this world.

Lucas tried to calm down, but the way Einar was just staring at him hurt. He hadn't been sure what to expect, but when the other boy stepped forward and embraced him, Lucas froze for a moment, too shocked to react. But that quickly passed. Lucas brought his arms up, holding Einar tightly. Lucas burrowed into the other boy, not saying a word and just holding him tight. Lucas just felt so safe, so warm, he felt like he was home. It was the first time he'd ever felt that way, and he didn't really know what to do about it. He just held Einar close, enjoying the moment and not wanting it to end.

Einar’s whole body felt like it was uncoiling. Like he was able to let him just be held for the first time in a long while. He wanted his mom, he wanted to just go home, but of course Einar just didn’t have either of those things. He didn’t have a home and he didn’t have a mom anymore, he was alone in the world and the only person who could help him was his best friend’s aunt. He didn’t know what that said about him, what it said about his life, but the feeling of emptiness in his chest which had been slowly festering seemed one step away from consuming him whole. Eventually he stopped crying, gathered control of himself as much as he could and leaned away from Lucas. ”Thanks,” his voice was low, quiet. ”I’m just gonna sleep,” He got to his shaky feet and with a fist full of Lucas’ shirt took them both to the nearest bed. He let go to lay down but he was asking Lucas to join him. But, he didn’t have the energy to do or say anything. He just closed his eyes and wished for sleep,wished for this day to end.

Lucas held on for as long as he could. He didn't want to let go, but he dropped his arms when Einar pulled away. Lucas had learned a long time ago to let go not to push. Still, he followed along as Einar moved to bed. Lucas bit his lip, watching as Einar laid down. He sighed, crawling in bed and pulling the blankets up over them. He got a few pillows and started building the little wall between them, his mind still preoccupied with how nice it had been to be held, really held, for the first time in a long time.

Einar woke up when he heard the door close, he was feeling a little better but knew he needed more sleep. He wasn’t sure what had woken him, but he knew it wasn’t Lucas, he could feel him next to him, and for the first time in a while was reassured by the closeness of his friend. Einar opened his eyes and sat up. He looked around and spotted Cassi sitting at the table. He needed to thank her, but wasn’t sure he should, or how he should say it. He slowly got off the bed and went over to her. He gave her a little smile. ”Thanks,” he said simply, ”For you know…” he said. ”I think you got me out of some trouble,”.

Cassi had been out for a while. She had been up all night, dealing with everything. Gaining custody of Lucas was a little tricky, but with Dawson and Gabriel cracking underneath her stern hand and admitting to the years of bullying, and their parents' neglect of Lucas, it had really all turned in her favor. She made it back to the hotel room, settling down at the kitchen table. She smiled as Einar came up to her. "I did." She stated simply. She turned, motioning for him to sit with her. "Einar, there are a few things I want to talk to you about." She glanced over to the bed. "Without Lucas."

Einar nodded lightly, he couldn’t help but feel on edge by her asking that. Would this be where she tell him to leave, would this be where she just said that she was taking him back to Alaska, that he would be on his own, to not bother her or lucas ever again. To just leave them alone. He took a seat and couldn’t help the way that his leg bounced nervously under the table. He couldn’t help it, he just felt exhausted and wanted to just get this conversation over with so he knew what he had to face next. ”I’m sorry, I kept trying to get Lucas to tell you, but he always said you were busy,” he told her, not sure why but almost wanting to show that he hadn’t been intentionally blind or hiding it from Cassi.

Cassi smiled, shaking her head and crossing her legs. "Einar, sweetie. I know Lucas. He's always put everyone else first. He never thinks of himself." She glanced to the bed before looking back to the boy in front of her. "But this isn't about him. Or what he's been through," She unfolded her legs and sat forward, clasping her hands in her lap. "Einar, I want to adopt you." She told him bluntly. "I don't expect you'll agree. But you, you are the closest thing to family Lucas has had. I know I'm not the most present person in his life. And I know now that my sister and the rest of them weren't good to him. I don't think it's presumptious of me to say that the two of us would very much like it if you were to stay. I can get an apartment in Alaska within the week. It could be the three of us. No more homes, no more jumping from family to family. I talked to your social worker. I can keep you, if you'll let me." She gave him a warm smile, offering out her hand.

Einar looked at his hands, nodding lightly at her words. He didn’t think it was entirely about putting other first, though he’d agree that Lucas did do that, but that part of it had just been not believe that someone would actually give up anything for him. Cassi could do nothing to solve what had happened, he was just relieved that it would be better for Lucas, away from bullying brothers. He looked up at her when she said this wasn’t about Lucas but about him and he froze. This was it, he’d ask her to leave and he just hoped he’d get enough to say goodbye to Lucas. But she didn’t. She did nothing like that. Adopted...stay with them. Not have to move from family to family. Einar had never imagined he would find a family, he’d been too old and too….much. He looked at Lucas sleeping soundly and felt tears well in his eyes. He didn’t know what was wrong with him, he hadn’t cried in years but now twice in practically twenty-four hours he was crying. But he had never felt so over his head in his life.

He briefly met Cassi’ gaze, tears visibly pooling in his eyes, ”No, it’s okay, you don’t have to do that,” he managed to say, he wiped at his eyes which only served to bring more tears to them, so he wiped them again. His mind supplied him unhelpfully with the remind that as of yet Cassi had been the only one to take him to any of his families graves ”I’ll be old enough soon, and really the families aren’t bad, you know, they just end up forgetting because I’m away most of the year,” Einar was trying to reassure her, but he kept having to stop, and look away, to wipe at his eyes. ”So, thank you, but it’s okay, you don’t have to do that. You and Lucas should spend time together, my social worker isn’t that bad, she means well, I’m just such a problem case, with all this trauma, and such short term needs that the short term family’s are the only option I have,” the last part of what he’d said was just what he’d been told by his social worker but he knew they were right. He didn’t meet cassi’s gaze and didn’t bother wiping the tears away, if he could make them stop he would’ve already. ”Please call her back and tell her I said no,”

Cassi waited patiently, letting him go on, waiting for him to finish. When it seemed like he had finished, she reached out and offered him her hand. "I will respect your decision, sweetie." She told him. "But we will always have a room for you, wither you want to stay the night or you just change your mind. Lucas and I will always welcome you in," she promised. She glanced over to the bed. "I'll go talk to your worker. Take a few minutes, then get up mr sleepy head over there and I'll get us some breakfast." She smiled, standing and stretching. "I do have one question, though. Is there something with you and Lucas?" She asked, studying Einar. She had suspected for a while that Lucas was a little sweet on Einar, and she was curious as to how the other boy felt.

Einar looked at her hand, but didn’t take it, he just let his hands sit on his lap feeling just awful. He knew he’d be in trouble when he got back, he knew that it would’ve made more sense to say yes, but he could do that to Cassi and Lucas, he didn’t want to do that to them, they deserved so much more than him and his luck. He looked back at Lucas and nodded. He needed to clean himself up. Needed to gather himself, he couldn’t give away that anything more was wrong with him when he didn’t have the right words to explain it to Lucas. The teen frowned at the question and shook his head, ”No, we’re just friends,” he was quick to say. Einar knew his cheeks were flushing lightly and he was quick to stand and he just walked to the bathroom. Keen to take a moment to just clean himself up.

Cassi raised a brow at his response, watching as he stood and walked to the bathroom. "Uh-huh. Right," She murmured to herself, shaking her head. "Don't let Lucas hear you say that," She joked lightly, laughing a bit at her own cleverness. She turned and walked out, wanting to start the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back