A new friend

"Ok well our type of music is traditional and the instruments we use are the fiddle,guitar,accordian,wooden flute,tin whistle and lots more our native type of dancing is Irish dancing which is usual fast.The name of our parties with Irish music and dancing are called ceiles."Kate said trying to think more about her culture "Amm our native language is Irish but we speak English because the English took over Ireland and made us speak their language and we celebrate our patron saint (St Patrick)On the 17 of March and our girl patron saint(St Bridget)On the 1 of Febuary our flag colours are green,white and orange.Thats it really"Kate said trying to see if there was anymore "Your turn"Kate said

Alexia smiled at everything Kate knew about Ireland "Woah! Nice" She commented with a laugh "Okay well the french flag is Blue-White-Red in that order. French is the official language but there are many languages that are spoken by only less than 10% of the population which include; Italian, Basque, Flemish, Breton and others" She told kate "We back home all love food, and we use to be self sufficient which is actually very common, but if we went out to eat with other people my parents made sure that we were on time and never late, it is really rude to be late." Alexia paused trying to think of anything elce she knew about France "Ummm.. also the Eiffel Tower was almost one of the modern seven wonders of the world. And now I can think of anything elce"

"Oh thats cool"Kate said "Well our most known monument is the Rock of Cashel and Dublin Castle"Kate said "Well what do you want to talk about"Kate said

Thinking about the question for a moment Alexia asked Kate"What made you choose New Zealand" She asked, hoping that Kate did not think she was prying "There must be other schools closer to Ireland, what made here your choice - if you dont mind me asking" Alexia gave her a helpful smile.

" No I don't"Kate said "Well we got a letter telling us we were witches and we were enrolled here when we were born something like that anyway"Kate said other than that letter I would still be in primary school wondering why freaky things were happening to my brothers and sisters and me"Kate said kind of sad she had lost the more normal way of life but she was glad she was a witch and come to this school because she had made great new friends even better than the ones she had a home then a thought struck her Ireland was no longer her home she remembered the letter she had got from her dad saying they were moving to England she was happy and sad then she had an idea "Sorry to kind of change the subject but we have nearly finished moving into my new house in England and I was wondering would you be able or like to come over to my house during the holidays"Kate asked hoping she could come

Alexia listened to Kate's story and nodded along. "Realy, you would want me to come?" She asked, with a large grin. Alexia felt special and wanted when Kate asked her. She smiled "That would be so amazing!" She said with heaps of excitement

Kate was glad Alexia would like to come she smiled back at Alexia of course she would have to ask her parents but she knew they wouldn't mind Kate didn't have a best friend yet and hopefully Alexia would be. "Thats great"Kate said happily.

Alexia grinned. She had never had any friends like Kate. Back home in france she had never gone to any sleepovers, parties or other social events but now being at Hogwarts she could see herself doing all thoes things, and she could see herself being great friends with Kate. She was really suprised that Kate would want her to stay with her. "Thank you" Alexia said, though she was sure that Kate would have no idea how much she ment it

Kate couldn't wait for the holidays she would be sad leaving hogwarts but now she hadfa new home and a friend coming over so all in all it was going to be great. "So which do you prefer here or your home"Kate asked not knowing which one she herself prefered

Alexia thought about Kates question. She really did not know. France held a lot of good memories but a very bad memory as well and here there were no bad memories at all. Weighing all the factors she concluded, "Here in New Zealand" Alexia said honstly. Because here did not hold the same scary memories and here she felt loved. "What about you?" She asked

Kate thought about it she did love it here and she had good memories here but she did miss her family she thought for another few minuets "I prefer here"Kate said not exactly sure why she picked here "Whats your favorite subject"Kate asked

Without even thinking about her answer Alexia blurted out "Potions". She laughed "You? and whats your favorite place in the castle or on the grounds?" She questioned with a grin. Knowing the answer that she would pick without even giving it much of a thought.

"i haven't done potions yet I guess my favorite is DADA"Kate had to think for a few minutes to think of her favorite place "My favorite place is the Hogwart Gardens"Kate said thinking of the lovely smells of the flowers "What about you"Kate asked

"Same as you!" Alexia smiled in agreement. It was amazing there. She loved the colors and beauty. She loved everything about the school but the gardens seemed to be the most amazing. Alexia had not seen ALL of the school, she doubted anyone had completly but what she had seen took her breath away it was all so great!

"You like it too"Kate said delighted they liked the same part of Hogwarts "My mom had a garden back home she grew her own vegetables and she had lots a flowers"Kate said remembering the smell of the flowers "In our new house theres a huge garden"Kate said remembering it from Christmas

"Thats really great" Alexia told Kate. "I also like the lake." She said trying to think of other places that she loved without naming every place on the entire grounds.

"I can't wait for you to see it"Kate said summer seemed a long way away "I love the Rosebush"Kate said remembering listening to the violins

"I've never been there" Alexia told her friend Kate, "I heard it is a memorial to a student who died" She tried to remember who the person what but the name escaped her. "Is that true?" It was a question she could not help but ask, she did not want to seem rude or unsensitive but she really did not know.

That was news to Kate "No I didn't"Kate said feeling a bit guilty that she loved a place where there was a memorial "Hopefully it's not true"Kate said "It is a very nice place its very quiet and the roses smell lovely"Kate said remembering that her mother loved Roses they were everywhere at their new home."So what do you want to talk about now"Kate asked not really minding what they would talk about Kate liked Alexia she was different which was nice her mind wandered a bit she started thinking of her muggle friends she liked her friends here much better than her old friends she had lots of text messages on her phone and a lot of missed calls "Do you have friends outside here"Kate asked hoping it wasn't a personal question

Alexia looked down when Kate asked about her 'friends' back home, "Well... I did" Alexia tried to explain "But they were not really my friends, they were my mums friends children, who actually ... did not like me" Alexia confessed. She had always been different, and thats why she wanted to come to Hogwarts because here everyone was different.

"Oh"Kate said feeling a bit sorry for Alexia it must of been hard being different she had never had had that problem everyone had liked her "Well aren't you glad you came you have me now and lots of other friends"Kate said laughing a bit she went over and hugged Alexia.There had been disadvantages about being liked by everyone she had never had a best friend and she had picked up enemies a long the way in ways Alexia was like her sister Sara nobody had really liked her Kate had stopped must of the bullying but some did it secretly and made your Sara did not tell Kate.Kate got back to the present her mind had wondered off like always...

"Yeah I really am!" Alexia told Kate. She had never had any good friends, Kate was the closest she had had to a best friend, or even a normal friend. Alexia tried to think back to the friends she had in france, She remembered her birthday years ago, there were so many kids, yet none of them payed any attenetion to her. That was the day she got Lucifer, a black kitten who she was loved ever since. He was the closest Alexia ever came to having friends. She let thoes thoughts go and started talking to Kate again. "So what is the best thing about people here at school?" She asked simply

Kate was glad Alexia was happy she had Kate as a friend and th others.Kate thought about Alexia's question "I guess they like you for who you are and some of the people I'm friends with now I wouldn't have because my other friends would of teased you for it"Kate said sadly her last school had been for biased against "Different" people "What about you?"Kate asked

Alexia nodded in agreement. She knew how it felt to be teased because she didn't follow with was cool and what was uncool. "Everyone... Well most of the people are nice" She knew that some people where mean and would still judge her, she had come across some of them. "Friendlier and a lot less high matanance that back home" She wondered if that made sence to Kate

Kate nodded she didn't know what I felt like to be bullied she always had had lots off friends in primary school "What do you mean by that"She asked wondering what she meant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back