Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Sturdy Walnut Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Coming back to school from the Christmas holidays had really lifted a lot of weight from the twelve-year-old's shoulders. Lilyanna Hope had really missed taking notes and preparing herself for the upcoming exams, but most importantly, she had missed her old routine which she was slowly starting to delve in to since the beginning of her first year. The holidays just ruined her usual routine, which mainly included going over her notes after a full day of lessons and drawing in her drawing book which was really starting to fill itself. Many of her drawings were starting to look quite crammed but she only had one more semester to survive with it until her birthday and she was determined to keep it until then.

The second year sat in the middle of the library, her left hand sketching quickly away at a picture of a typewriter which was something she only recently discovered from a textbook on muggle studies. Lilyanna did not take the subject yet but she was curious to see what she would be learning in the next couple of years and came across the picture which was placed in front of her on the table, and which she was copying off. It was quite an interesting instrument that was able to write things neatly with only the press of buttons. It seemed like a much quicker way to write things down than by hand and so she just continued to draw it with her pencil, occasionally rubbing out a couple of mistakes with her eraser. It was turning out to look quite good and the girl just smiled at it as she drew, feeling a sense of relaxation.

OOCOut of Character:
Please wait until after I post again with another character if you wish to join. Thanks! ^_^

Landon was very excited for his new post as a Herbology professor. He was definitely going to miss his job as a muggle studies professor at another school, but with new responsibilities came new experiences and Landon was eager to meet new people and have lots of fun with them during the time at the school. Many of the professors the man had already met were very nice to be around and were even polite enough to visit his office and say hello, which really made Landon smile. It brought him back to his first days at Ilvermorny, except he had never set foot inside Hogwarts New Zealand before and needed to become familiar with its corridors. On a day with nothing much to do, the man decided that it was the best opportunity to do so. He knew days like those weren't going to be around for much longer once exams began to approach and made his way along the fourth floor corridor, smiling around at each of the students that he had passed. Many of them he did not recognise from any of his classes yet and he hoped that he'd be able to get to know each and every one of them as he began to settle in to the school.

Landon walked through the large double doors into the library with a smile still across his face. The man had always loved his books and so he wanted to check the place out when it wasn't too occupied with students studying for exams. As a matter of fact, not many people were in there at all and so Landon just walked up and down the aisles, looking for any particular book that might stand out. Fortunately, it wasn't a book that stood out for him but a student who seemed too young to be reading a muggle-studies textbook. On further examination, Landon quickly found out that she wasn't in fact reading it but drawing a replica of a typewriter in a small muggle drawing book. The professor walked up to her and took a seat on the other side of the table. "Did you know typewriters aren't really used by many muggles nowadays? Instead, muggles use a computer which can easily erase mistakes without having to start the script all over again. It's very clever, isn't it?" Landon paused, feeling it would only be polite to introduce himself. "I'm Professor Carter and I'm the new Herbology professor. You take first to fourth year Herbology, don't you? What's your name?"

The second year was using her eraser to erase a small line which she had drawn in the wrong spot when a man's voice began to speak. With pursed lips, she listened as he began to talk about something called a computer and, unadmittedly, Lilyanna thought that was rather interesting. Despite this, she felt quite annoyed that he had walked up to her without any permission to do so, but it was a new professor and she really did not want to get into any trouble. His name was Professor Carter, and the girl thought that it was perhaps for the better that he did not say his first name as Lilyanna did not much care. Instead, she took quite a while to reluctantly answer his questions, wondering why on earth he wanted to talk to her and feeling quite intimidated by it as well.

"I do not currently take first to fourth year Herbology, if that's what you mean." she mumbled with attitude, looking back down at her drawing. She began to spoke louder as she introduced herself. "My name is Lilyanna Hope and I am a Slytherin second year. Slytherin second year's this semester are not taking Herbology as they have already done it last semester." Lilyanna continued to draw, finishing the complete outline of the typewriter and beginning to add some minor details. "Although, my sister is in your second year class this semester so I wish you luck." The second year did not really enjoy the man's happy stance and so she just left it at that, hoping that he might perhaps go away.

A student giving a professor attitude was not something new to the Herbology teacher. He was just trying to be friendly with her and, by the looks of it, she probably just wasn't someone nice to approach if you wanted to start a conversation. Nevertheless, Landon was eager to start one with her. Besides, she seemed lonely by herself and he wanted to get to know her a bit better. "Yes, Lilyanna, you are in fact right! You won't be doing Herbology with me until your third year, but talking to you now wouldn't hurt, right?" Landon looked into her small chocolate brown eyes and smiled brightly, trying to make his happiness rub off on her. She seemed like she needed more of that in her life and Landon was eager to supply her with some. "Also, why are you wishing me good luck with your sister? I take it you're twins?" Now that Landon thought of it, he had seen someone in his second year classes that looked a splitting image of the girl sitting in front of him. It was bizarre that he hadn't thought of it before and felt quite glad that he managed to find something out about her on his own.

Leaning over the desk, Landon made to get a better look at what Lilyanna was drawing. "So, you like drawing?" Landon asked. After realising that was obvious, he continued. "Didn't they used to have some sort of art club at this school? It's a pity they don't anymore, isn't it? Are you a muggle-born? Is that where you managed to get yourself some paper and a pencil? I used to be a muggle-studies professor, you know." Landon kept on talking to her as she drew, hoping he wasn't distracting her too much. The Art Club was something Landon had heard about from his sister when she used to attend the school. Unfortunately, they didn't have one at Ilvermorny, but Landon didn't think he was particularly made for it anyway. The man felt it only nice that he was joining Lilyanna and was appreciating that she was talking back. She seemed like an interesting person and Landon was willing to dig her out as much as possible before teaching her.

Lilyanna pursed her lips at the man's enthusiasm. She hadn't quite seen anything like it before. But considering he was a Herbology professor and happened to be outside most of the time, the sun had probably done this to him. Going outside definitely wasn't Lilyanna's favourite thing to do. It consisted of flying insects in the summer and cold breezes in the winter which was something Lilyanna tried her best to stay away from. It was better to stay indoors where she knew nothing bad was going to happen and thought that people who thought otherwise were too dangerous to be around. "Yes, we are twins." She nodded curtly at the professor. "Eleanor Hope, Hufflepuff Second Year. Also a part of the Wild Patch Club." she added, rolling her eyes at the silly name they used. The club was stupid anyway. Who wanted to join a club where you literally just watched plants grow? Luckily, Eleanor hadn't pestered her to join it just yet.

Lilyanna perked up when the professor mentioned him being a former Muggle-studies teacher at another school, completely ignoring everything he mentioned about an art club that used to be at Hogwarts. Truthfully, she didn't care about it and wouldn't have joined it if it existed anyway. "Really?" she said astonishingly, referring to the Muggle-studies post. "What years did you teach? What did you teach them about? I'm a Mixed blood but I've always been interested in muggles. My friend is a muggle-born and he told me about how drawing can be easier with a pencil so my parents bought a muggle drawing kit for me. It's really good, don't you think?" Lilyanna thought muggles were the smartest people in the world and she wanted to know more and more about them everyday. To have a former muggle-studies professor in front of her was amazing and she was eager to continue talking to him now that he mentioned it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back