Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Whippy Ebony Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
Augustus had attended most school events with Addison and today was no exception. Augustus smiled at his friend as they headed into the Great Hall together. These events always made Augustus slightly nervous, as he often didn't do very well in large crowds of people, but he usually enjoyed himself as well. He actually found that being a bit taller was helping him feel more at ease, it felt less crowded when he could look over people's heads. For the first time, Augustus was glad for his recent grow spurt. He glanced at Addison as they moved into the Great Hall and scratched his neck. "Should we get some snacks?" He asked, glancing around to see where the nearest snack table was. He paused when he spotted Nicole, Ryan's sister. Staring at her for a moment unblinkingly. She looked really pretty. She usually looked really pretty, but tonight she had done... something that made her even prettier. He saw she had a date, a very intimidating-looking popular older boy, and Augustus felt a weird stab of something unpleasant in his chest. Which made no logical sense, he didn't even know that boy, or Nicole really. Augustus tore his gaze away from them, frowning slightly and trying to make sense of this.

Addison was always nervous coming to these things with Augustus. She adored him, and when her attempt to share her feelings via note had failed miserably, she hadn't known what to do. What else could she do? She was afraid to just... come out and tell him. What if it took away what they had? Addy didn't have so many friends that she could just risk what she had with her best friend. She nodded as he asked about snacks, looking up to him with a smile. She hesitated as she noticed he was staring, and staring rather intently at something. "What are you looking at up there?" She asked, laughing lightly.

Augustus blinked when Addison talked to him, turning around and looking down at her to answer. "Nicole." He answered honestly, then winced. "I mean, her dres. It's nice." He said quickly, not sure if he should admit he was staring at her. He knew by now people tended not to appreciate his staring, and he also didn't know if Addison would tease him about it if she knew he had a.. crush? He supposed that was what it was. "Should... we get snacks?" He asked her hesitantly.

Of all the answers that he could have given, Addison hadn't expected that one. She had worked up a great poker face over the years, what with her twin sister being so unpredictable, and for once she was glad to have it. Her heart twisted painfully in her chest at his words as every last little hope she held crumbled. "Oh, Nicole?" She was proud that her voice only wavered slightly. "I didn't know you liked Nicole." She tried to sound casual.

Augustus felt his cheeks heat up at Addison's words, and he started to fidget. He shrugged. "I didn't say I liked her." He mumbled, looking down in embarrassment. "She... has a nice dress." He said, though he knew it was a flimsy excuse. Augustus barely noticed people's clothes, and when he did he rarely had an opinion on them.

Addy hid the turmoil she felt rather well, she thought. Fighting to keep her composure, she reached over to place a hand gently on his arm. "Augustus," she spoke softly, looking up at him. "You're my best friend in the whole world," she told him, before hesitating. "Did you know limerance is the technical term for having a crush on someone?" She asked softly, hoping to set him more at ease before continuing. "I know you, I like to think rather well," she gave him a slightly shaky smile.

Augustus felt increasingly awkward as they lingered on the subject, looking at Addison nervously. "I didn't know that." He said, his shoulders relaxing slightly. "You do know me. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lie." He said quickly. "I... never thought about it much. I just think she's pretty and nice." He mumbled. "But it doesn't matter, we should stop talking about it." He said, feeling rather embarrassed. Nicole would never like someone like him, especially not if he kept staring at her.

Addison was forced to look away as he spoke again, her heart twisting in her chest again. She let out a slow breath. "Alright, come on you," she tried to reach for one of his hands. "Let's go get a drink and something to snack on, and then I can show you how to dance and not step on my feet," She offered, trying to give him her best smile. "Did you know that dancers are known to be disciplined, focused, and high achievers who tend to be successful students and hard workers?" She asked.

Augustus let Addison take his hand, looking down at her with a slight smile. "Okay." He said softly, feeling relieved that Addison was taking charge. "That sounds good." He said, following her to the snack table. "You could be a dancer then." He joked with a slight smile.

Addison didn't look up to Augustus, doing her best to try and hide how upset she felt. "Oh, I don't know, have you seen my grades?" She asked, returning his joke with a halfhearted smile. She spotted Allison with her date and Casper with his. He really had signed up for the blind dates. She came to a standstill when they reached the snacks. "What looks good?" She asked, not really feeling hungry but willing to fake it to nibble on whatever he chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back