A Meeting.. With The Head Of The Aurors?

Takuya Blaze

COMC Professor | Wizengamot Interrogator

OOC First Name
Zach
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Not too long ago, Takuya Blaze had recieved an owl from none other then Nicolas King, the Head of the Aurors. It had been the shortest and most cryptic message he had ever read in his life. It had merely told him that he should await him in his office, and he needed to talk to him about an important matter. So, naturally he sent him an owl back saying that he understood and he would see him soon. He didn't know when soon would be, because he hadn't even been told that. Damned Auror's and their secrecy. Takuya thought, sighing quite deeply. He wasn't sure what he should be thinking right now. He had actually wanted to become an Auror for quite some time now. But, he didn't know if he would even be qualified for the job. So, naturally he had decided to become a Professor. Maybe after he was done with his meeting with the Head Auror he might be able to talk to him about the possibility of that happened? Maybe that was what it was about? He didn't know, but he sure hoped that he would find out exactly what it was about soon. For he just wanted to be able to know why someone like him, a simple Professor, had practically been chosen by an Auror. The Head Auror, at that. He sighed, and started planning some lessons for the year to come while he waited for Mr. King to get there to meet him. Hopefully it wouldn't be too long now.

After what could only be described as a very pleasant encounter in the Entrance Hall, Nicolas had made his way to professor Blaze's office. He felt bad, having kept the professor waiting while he was acquainted with another professor, but without said professor he likely would have been wandering the dungeons, hopeless to find Blaze's office in the dank and dreary surroundings. Approaching the door that had been indicated to it, Nicolas rasped on it and waited for the reply to come in.

Entering the office, the head of the Aurors looked about it before turning his focus to the man whose room it was. Shaking his hand, he thanked him for meeting him on such short notice before asking to be excused for a moment and drawing his wand. Turning back to the door, Nicolas cast a series of charms, the least of which was a muffling charm, to ensure the absolute privacy of the conversations held in the room that day. That out of the way, Nicolas turned back to the young professor, an apologetic smile on his visage. "It had to be done." he explained, returning to the desk and taking the seat offered to him.

Sitting up in the chair opposite Takuya, Nicolas felt slightly strange. The last time he had been opposite somebody else's desk in this manner it had been the Minister for Magic's - somebody who was clearly his superior. Now it was a professor who he wished to recruit for a task, and somebody who Nicolas would not consider his superior in the least (except, perhaps, in potion making - but even such an idea was up for debate). It was a strange feeling, to be on the side of a desk that Nicolas was - but it had to be how it was. To bring Takuya to the Ministry was surely too risky, it was simply fact that, even infiltrated, Hogwarts was the safest place in New Zealand.

"I'm sure you're curious as to why I've asked you here." Nicolas began, wanting to cut to the substance of the discussion. "I've looked over information about you, and believe I can trust you - however, I'll need some assurances from you. First, how willing are you to work alongside my department - and are you willing to take measures such as being made a secret keeper, and making the unbreakable vow, in order to keep certain information private?"

OOCOut of Character:
I pushed us along with very minor god-mods (Nicolas being allowed in to the office, shaking Takuya's hand, being offered a seat) - but they're all things that would have surely happened over a series of posts and you're still able to reply to and specify the circumstances of.
Sorry for making you wait so long, I wanted to finish the RP with Ava before starting this - but that doesn't appear possible and this needs to be set up before the new school year officially begins

Takuya wasn't a silly person, he knew what was being said when it happened. When Nicolas King arrived in his office, and set up charms immediately to prevent people from doing all sorts of things, he knew that something was about to go down. He wanted to know what pretty much straight away, because he was a curious kind of person like that. Some people hated that in a person, some people liked it, some people weren't sure about what they wanted or what they thought about what had been going on. Takuya sighed, and knew that he wouldn't have to be curious for long because Mr King was getting straight to the point. Something about Takuya working with his office, him being trustworthy in the eyes of the Head Auror, and all other things. Takuya honestly didn't know what to say right now. Maybe he has being asked if he wanted to become an Auror in some way? Or an Auror's assistant? Either way it involved working with Auror's! Takuya smiled at the Auror, wanting to know more but sticking out his curiousity for the time being, said "Whatever this is about, I can promise you that I'm able to do both of those things on however much notice you need me to do it in. So yes, I am willing to do anything you need me to do." Takuya said, feeling sort of like a suck up but knowing he wasn't. It felt weird for him. He sighed deeply at this. But looked back up at the Auror expectantly, he was still brimming with curiousity. Takuya was imagining how awkward it must feel for Nicolas to be on the other side of that desk, he would be used to people always being on the other side of the desk, and only even reporting to the Minister from the front. He would find it weird if he was sitting in front of a student behind a desk.

"Well, I should hardly think you'd be willing to do such things regardless of what this is about." Nicolas began with a chuckle. He knew there were a variety of things he would neither take an oath for, nor become a secret keeper of, even if it did come from his office. Sometimes, Aurors got muddled up in things they really shouldn't have and the urge in the department was inevitably to cover it up and keep it for Aurors to know alone. Being in New Zealand's ministry, however, often required that such urges be resisted and the public be made aware of their folly, no matter how much such a revelation may shake the public's trust in the department.

'Regardless,' Nicolas began in thought, focusing on the professor and thinking of this man now as the man whose file he had poured over and decided to be trustworthy, and talented, enough for the task at hand - "We have reason to believe that Death Eaters have infiltrated Hogwarts." the Head of the Aurors began in a matter-of-fact tone. "We don't know for what purpose, it could be as sinister or as mundane as you could imagine, and we're not sure of who or how many. We're acting on initial intelligence, right now." He continued to explain, knowing how little hard-fact he had to offer the man who sat opposite him but hoping that the fact that the information came from him would be enough for Professor Blaze.

"What we need of you is simple enough." Nicolas began to explain, "We need a person to report to us on any strange goings on in the school, and to try to seek out who it is who might be part of this infiltration. However - let me be clear. You're not to capture anybody - supply information and we'll handle that. If this gets too difficult or overwhelming, just tell us and we'll change into the next plan." Nicolas waited here for the Professor to respond to the request.

Takuya could only stop and wonder how important this must be to Mr. King if he was going to Takuya about it. He knew that he must have some trustworthy traits. Because, y'know, everyone did. It was near impossible to find someone who just couldn't be trusted from square one. Trust was something that everyone could gain. Whether you're pure evil, or the nicest man on earth. Takuya didn't know why he had been chosen for this task, but he felt both honoured and trusted for it to have been him to be trusted for that task. He didn't know how well he would do, but he would try his best. He had a few ideas on who could be Death Eaters in the school, after all there were just some Professors here who were far too secretive. I mean, there is definitely a limit on how much you can enjoy killing something. Whether it be a plant, or a person. Professor Styx was one of his ideas, but he would have to observe him pretty closely. If that would even be possible. "Yes. I am confident that I would be able to do that for you." Takuya said, trying to sound professional in this situation. He was definitely over the moon in this situation. But there was still no mention of Takuya's future through all of this, after all, he couldn't be asked to do all of this for nothing, could he?

"Wonderful," Nicolas began in conclusion - rising from the chair he had been in to thank the man and shake his hand once more. The meeting was never planned to be extremely long, but it was of the utmost importance that it was done in person and in private. "We'll be in touch, I'm sure. Don't come to the ministry at all - it will rouse suspicion, and my focus will remain seemingly far from this school. If this goes off well, I'm sure we'll have a bit of a longer meeting to discuss you're future." Nicolas offered with a curt nod.

"I would ask, too, that you restrict discussion of this topic to only myself, at least for the time being." While this comment may have suggested a lack of faith in his department, or suspicions of his office being infiltrated, it was actually just the simple fact that Nicolas knew from experience the fewer people who knew something, the easier outcomes were to control - and in this situation controlling an outcome was everything. However, if Takuya would take his statement to be something more that worked for Nicolas as well - especially if he were to become an Auror in the future, seeing what he pushed for information on and what he didn't would be essential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back