Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Gay
Wand
Curly 14 Inch Swishy Applewood Wand with Kelpie Hair Core
Caleb couldn't stand to be in the castle these days. With everyone fretting about exams and the ball, it seemed like those two topics were the only thing people were talking about these days. He was getting tired of it fast and wanted to get away and thankfully since everyone was stuck inside studying the lake was blissfully empty. Even though he had lived in New Zealand for years now the summer heat arriving just before Christmas still caught him off guard sometimes. But he was grateful for it now as he took a running start off the small dock at the edge of the lake and jumped it, his arms wrapped around his knees. The water was colder than he had expected and he came up gasping for air.

Life at Hogwarts had involved a lot more free time than Cameron had been expecting. He knew in theory he could be reading or practicing for his exams, but just the thought of it already put him to sleep. He knew how his exams were going to go already, he didn't need to torture himself with frustrating or boring homework as if it would magically change that. At least that was one thing about magic he'd learnt this year.

Instead, Cameron had grabbed his camera, wandering out to the lake to see if he could get some shots of the scenery that didn't look completely crap. He'd been just about to take a snap of the way the light was reflecting off the water when someone cannoned into it, spraying water into the air and making Cameron sputter in annoyance. "Hey!" He yelled, pulling the camera down as the shutter finished clicking, realizing the enchanted film probably caught the whole dive now too. "You ruined my shot!"

Caleb wiped the water out of his face as he regained his balance and waded to slightly shallower water. He didn't notice the other boy until he was shouting. The older Slytherin shook his head to get the last of the water out of his ear and grinned. "I think I made it better." he said with a laugh and struck a pose with both of his arms flexed over his head. "I can do it again if you want?" he offered excitedly. "I can do a pretty good dive!" he insisted and scrambled back on top of the pier. "It'll be so cool!"

Cameron rolled his eyes at the other boy, pretty sure he recognized him from around Slytherin now that he was out of the water. "Gross," he said flatly as the boy flexed, seemingly unperturbed about getting in the way of Cameron's shot. "No it wouldn't," he called back petulantly. Cameron didn't want to sit here all day taking photos of some idiot flexing, but he wasn't sure he could exactly get away with telling someone they couldn't be in the lake just cause he wanted to take a photo of him. Maybe if Cameron was lucky, whatever lived in the lake would come and eat the boy and Cameron could still get a few decent shots. "Fine, do a flip," he said, raising his camera in mock enthusiasm.

Caleb scoffed at the boy's comment. "Who are you calling gross, small fry?" he teased once he pulled himself back on top of the pier and stretched his arms above his head so he seemed taller himself. If the kid didn't want to take his picture that was fine by him but that wasn't going to stop him from having a good time. Caleb watched the surface of the water and wondered if he saw something moving under the surface or if it was just a trick of the light. But his head whipped around when he heard the boy tell him to do a flip. "I could try." he said excitedly. He swung his arms around a few times to get a sense for how to do a flip but he figured there wasn't a better place to start than by just trying. He stepped up to the edge and jumped and tried to tuck his head under himself but his form had been all wrong. A moment later he came up gasping for air. "Wait let me try again. I think I need to go backwards."

"Who're you calling small fry," Cameron shot back, bristling at the comment with a huff. "Put your shirt back on, idiot," he muttered mostly to himself but his agitation lessened somewhat when it looked like the guy was actually going to try and do a flip. Cameron had no idea if he could do a flip which made things a lot more interesting, especially if the dude ended up bellyflopping. "Go on then, bet you can't." Cameron readied his camera with a grin as the guy swung his arms a few times before throwing himself into the water. Cameron spat out a laugh, snorting as the sound echoed across the quiet lake. "Wow, no that was perfect, caught the whole thing," he said snidely, wiggling his camera triumphantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back