Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
boys <3
Wand
Straight 12" Sturdy Redwood Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Valeria felt beautiful, after much indecision with her outfits, she finally picked a pale yellow dress with little heels to match it. She'd done her make-up in a very smart and slightly fancier everyday look. Making sure that she looked pretty but wasn't caked in the stuff. Of course this date to the yuleball was with Parker and she wasn't sure how he swung, or if this would be a real date, but she was expecting it to be fun and she didn't want her first yuleball to be one where she didn't put in the exact amount of effort to feel like the prettiest girl in the hall. She stepped into the room. Immediately spotting a few people who were familiar, though not too many she wanted to speak to should things with Parker get boring. She couldn't spot Louis or Weston for one, or even Xiuying, if Parker had said no she'd have likely asked Xiuying if she wanted to go with her. Val knew that Parker would be there soon enough and was content to get herself while she waited for him to appear.

Parker was honestly scared to go to the Yule Ball this year. First, he had never been to a date before and was it a real one. Second, he was pretty sure that a lot of boys in his year liked Valeria, she was a transfer, new here and really pretty, and somehow he was the one that got invited to the dances. It made him feel a bit scared, why him? However, he said that he will go with her and he was keen on keeping to his word. So he found the only suit he had, it wasn't really an official one, yet, he had always liked it since it was a bit more uncommon and he hoped that Val will like it too. "Hey, you look really amazing," he complimented her as he approached her in the Hall. She did look wonderful and even as oblivious person as Parker noticed it. "So, uhm, wanna get more in? Maybe get a drink? Beverages here are cool," he tried to get more into action, offered his date his arm to get her hand in, unsure if it was the right thing to do. Also, he found it quite responsible since it was her first Yule Ball in this school and he couldn't mess it up for her.

Valeria smiled as Parker approached her, and was pretty pleased when he immediately compliments her. She gave a little spin, showing off her dress to him with a little giggle. "You look handsome too," she told him, she stopped herself from saying she was cuter, since it was probably redundant. She took his arm and nodded. "Can we squeeze in a dance first?" she asked, leaning into him as she said it, flicking her hair from her eyes. She knew the beverages would be cool, but it much nicer to dance, and Val really wanted to dance. She was already trying to move towards the dance floor, she hoped he wouldn't say no to a dance.

Parker couldn't help but softly laugh when she spinned around. "Oh, thank you," it was one thing to hear compliments from Bella or his mom, and absolutely different when it was someone else. When she took his arm, Parker became even more relieved, it meant that he was doing just fine, right? "Oh, sure, why not?" He easily agreed and let her lead him to the dancefloor. It was probably the first time that he ended up there instead of being somewhere away from the centre of the room. "So, have you ever been to big parties or some sort of a ball before?" He decided to go for it while starting to dance a bit, well, he wasn't the best dancer but at least he tried and didn't step on her feet.

Valeria giggled lightly when he agreed to it. She guided them to the dancefloor, and then spun to be stood in front of him. She shook her head, "Never of this size," she told him. "But I know how to dance," Valeria began moving lightly to the music, putting a hand on his shoulder and holding her other hand out. She didn't know how much he knew about dancing, but she could lead them. "Had you been to any before coming to Hogwarts?" she asked him.

Parker felt nice seeing that Valeria seemed to feel happy to be there and with him. He just hoped that it wasn't just acting. "Oh, so you were taking dance classes maybe?" He offered to find out how she learned to dance. Once he understood what type of holding she expected, he took her hand and the other hand put on her back, above her waist. He let her lead them and tried his best not to mess up, not wanting to embarrass himself. "Well, I've been to a Music Festival if that counts. Some concerts too but like this sort of events, never," the only types of parties he had been to was his and Bella's birthdays and there were only their families. "But I took some ball dance classes in school previously, like five times before our teacher left," he awkwardly laughed. He still was more of a musician than a dancer, however, at least he knew some basic steps

Valeria nodded and smiled, "Of course, I had dance tutors come to my house, before I moved to New Zealand," Val told him with a grin, she had never been allowed to really be in classes with others, it had always been people coming to her to teach her. 'Wow, a music festival, what kind of concerts?" she asked, actually quite interested in what he'd been to and what music interested in. "Well, let me lead, and we'll be just fine, plus, this is to be fun, it doesn't need to be formal," she assured him with a smile, and as if to prove the point, Valeria, took a step back and raised their hands, indicating for him to spin under their arms.

Parker was surprised that she had dancing lessons at home. "Wait, they came to your house? You didn't go to them? I had no idea that it was even an option," he honestly admitted. He had those few dance classes at school, in the big hall with his schoolmates. "Oh, it's usually punk or alternative rock concerts actually with more retro songs. We usually stay there overnight and then by the end of the second day I usually have a chance to at least talk a bit with the musicians, that's exactly how I fell in love with playing music," he awkwardly admitted, unsure why he even talked that much. Somehow Valeria made him feel safe, like she actually understood him. "Have you ever been to any concert or any sort of musical events?" he finally asked before focusing on the next theme. "Huh, you wanna lead? Sure, you can dance better than I, so it's a good thought," he chuckled and once she raised their hands and made him know that he had to spin too, he started to laugh lightly, unused to being spinned, yet, he did so and still tried to keep up with Valeria.

Valeria nodded, "Course, all I've had before here were tutors," Valeria told him, she knew that it was probably a bit odd to people, but it was all she'd known. She was very glad to now be at school, sure she had more control over her professors and that while at home, but she liked being able to have other people around, she even liked the structure. She nodded as he talked about what he liked. "Wow, that's really cool Parker. You'll have to show me some of the music you like some time," she told him. She shook her head at the question, "My father is artist, a painter...while you were rocking out, I was eating cheese and drinking kid friendly grape juice," she told him. She'd leaned in to him slightly to speak over the music. She nodded, she could lead, and let him spin under their arm, she laughed along with him. Valeria had known this would be fun and just continued to lead their dancing. She tried to keep the movement fluid, keeping herself loose and nothing too complex. She wouldn't exactly dip Parker, but they could just dance and have fun, and keep them occasionally spinning.

Parker frowned again, he couldn't believe that she had had only tutors until Hogwarts New Zealand. "And how it feels to have professors and classmates now? I've always been in public schools, I can't imagine being home schooled honestly," he admitted. He didn't like sociality tho he couldn't imagine having only tutors. "Oh, it's a muggle music. If you think we can meet in the break, I surely can show it," he offered, surprised himself that he managed to do it. "Wait, really? Well, at least grape juice is the best juice ever," he chuckled. "And well, my mom is a lawyer and dad is an engineer. My dad was a punk back in his young adult years and he played in a small rock group, they met at his performance and yeah, I had no choice but to fall in love with music," he shared some little facts about him and his family, he hadn't really shared it with anyone so far, but he even hadn't had any conversations about that until now. He followed her leading, unable to stop laughing when he had to spin too. "Well, this type of dancing is fun," he chuckled after the spin.

Valeria gave a little smile at the question, but didn't really answer it, only said, "Well, it's very lonely being homeschooled, and here, it's not," Valeria had made plenty friends. There wee plenty of people she enjoyed spending time with, there was always something to do, or a book to read. There was never a moment when she was bored. "Sounds good, I'll be at home, so able to meet up," She listened to him talk about his parents and what they did, it seemed to her like such an odd thing to give up, clearly as the passion had moved on to the son. To just give it all up seemed like an odd choice. But she didn't say anything of it as they were dancing, getting into the grove of the song. "Well, I did promise you fun!" She told him with a little laugh. The song came to an end, but gave way to one of equal pace and so she barely stopped in their dancing, she'd probably regret it in the morning but she wasn't going to think about that.

Parker nodded at her answer. "Well, it makes sense," he agreed with her, he hadn't been home-schooled but she made the answer clear enough for him to understand and feel like he would relate if he was in the same situation. "Oh, cool, amazing," he was glad that she agreed, everything would be awkward if she had turned him down tho it didn't happen. "Well, yeah, you did and managed to keep the promise," Parker lightly chuckled. He still was a bit unused to having to communicate with someone this much and manage to do it so easy, without the urge to just leave or awkwardly smile instead of talking. "So, the first time we talked, you said you love painting. Maybe you have favorite paintings or artists?" he genuinely asked, not hiding that he was actually really interested in the answer.

Valeria smiled at him, she was having fun too, Parker seemed like a really interesting person, someone she wanted to get to know at least a little and in her mind a good person to bring with at a dance like this. She thought it was sweet that he remembered that she did like art, and gave a little smile. "That's a difficult question Parker." She leaned into him slightly as the song playing slowed down, considering the question, "I really enjoy the work of José Malhoa, who was a portugese naturalist painter, did lots of summery landscapes. Lots of his work feel warm, lots of rich colours, really captured life. Or Maria Helena Vieira da Silva, she was an abstract painter which you know abstract is always fun," she held his gaze as she spoke. "Do you have a favourite painter or painting?" Val asked, and she reached up to his face to brush his fringe from his face, doing it slowly half expecting him to stop her.

Parker gave a nod and chuckled when she said that it was a hard question, well, he knew it was a difficult but he hoped that she could answer. "Those are amazing painters, I have seen a lot of their works. But isn't Maria Helena Vieira da Silva Portuguese too? Maybe you feel somehow related to them?" He curiously asked, he had studied a lot about painters, he had really weird way to spend time. However, if anyone asked him anything about math, he would never have an answer. "Well, I would have to say Alessandro Magnasco or Norbert Grund. Alessandro was born at late-Baroque time but Grun was a Bohemian painter who worked in the Rococo style," he answered honestly. He almost stilled when she brushed his hair from his face. He wasn't expecting that, he tried to catch her gaze to understand what was going on, yet, unsure whether how he had to react. After all, he didn't stop, just flushed and half smiled, unsure what else to do. "Was it just not in the right place?" He decided to make sure why she did so, maybe it was just that it was in the way of keeping the eye contact.

Last edited:
Valeria noted the song was coming to an end as Parker was telling her his favourite painters. She hadn't expected him to have one but it was nice that he did. She knew of Nortbet Grund, but not the other. "I used to live in Portugal, probably why I have a preference," she told him. She knew she had a bit of an accent but it was likely lost or not distinugiushable enough to know she wasn't from there. She held his gaze and gave a little smile. "Just a little strand, you've a pretty face, seems a waste to block it," she told him, which was not a lie, though she was also hoping for an opportunity to kiss him. She hadn't specified when inviting him if this was a date or not, she hadn't said if they were going as friends. She was having a good time, he was being nice to her. "I was also sorta...hoping.....to kiss...you," she told him, somewhat directly, to be rejected now would be fine in her mind, because she at least still enjoyed his company. "It's okay if you don't want to....we can keep talking about art and music...,"

Parker looked surprised when she told him that she was from Portugal. Well, he had noticed a light accent, more southern looks but honestly, had never managed to put it together. Maybe because he didn't know a lot about that country or specifics of it but now he had a reason to do a research. "Really? That is amazing!" He almost went on to ask whether she knew how to speak Portuguese but then remembered about the accent. He just got a little bit too excited. "Oh, thank you?" He smiled thankfully at her and he was about to give a compliment back when she continued. She wanted... What? Parker was honestly surprised, well, yes, he did find her really attractive, she was fun, outgoing, total opposite to him and made him feel absolutely comfortable next to her. It's just that he had never thought about it before. Tho, when she was about to accept the fail, he immediately shook head. And put his hand on her cheek carefully, hoping that he hadn't messed up the moment completely yet. "You're still fine with it, right?" He decided to make sure, before leaning in. He did like her, so he hoped that it was gonna be fine.

Valeria smiled realising that they hadn't discussed it, and she'd been living in New Zealand for a good number of years that she didn't even consider anything over than New Zealand being her home. She was watching him carefully after she'd said it, she was trying to read in his expression about whether he wanted it or not. She thought he'd say no but he started leaning into her and then she nodded. "Yeah," she leaned up, standing on the tips of her toes and went in to place a quick kiss on his lips, trying to hide her excitement over this being her first kiss.

Parker was happy that she agreed and then leaned down a bit to make the reaching easier for her. And when the kiss, even quick, happened, he excitedly smiled at her, still holding his hand on her cheek. "You're really beautiful," he quietly said to her, honestly not believing that it happened. Well, he was was being honest and all together, it was the first time that he came to the Yule Ball with date and he was unable to believe that it was the best event he ever came to.

Very quickly Valeria decided kissing was amazing. It was just so nice, the touch of his lips on hers, the warmth that followed. She had always liked boys, but now she could figure out why it was nice. She pulled out of the kiss and smiled at Parker. "Thank you," she spoke softly. she knew she was cute, but she certainly had never felt as beautiful as she did in the intimate moment he said that. She hesitated for moment and then leaned in to kiss again, she might as well. The song around them was blaring but she felt entirely in that moment with Parker and her first kiss.

Parker slowly put a strand of her hair behind her ear, whatever was going on at that moment, he did enjoy it. He enjoyed being that close to her, he liked how it made him feel and when she leaned in, he leaned in too, closing their lips. Parker didn't even notice how he managed to close her closer to him with his hand that was still a bit above her waist. He didn't feel like saying anything, just enjoying the moment and closeness.

Valeria had remained still as he moved her hair. She was happy to just kiss him again. It was just so nice, and it was just so much fun to be able to dance with a boy and kiss him. She pulled away after a moment and then giggled lightly. She was closer to him than she'd been before. It was nice, she couldn't help the way she was smiling and enjoying this night. "How about a drink?" she suggested with a little giggle, she would've happily kept kissing him all night long, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to freshen up slightly. "You can tell me more about what music you like,"

Parker just smiled softly when she giggled after a kiss, well, it surely was his best Yule Ball so far. Who would have known that the first time he was there for a date it would be so good? Well, Parker totally didn't expect it. Especially for a magic school. "A drink? Sounds good," he agreed to her idea and when they started moving, he just put his arm around her shoulders, hoping that she wasn't against it. "So, what music I like? Well, I like pretty much anything, it's just that I enjoy punk rock or that sort of music a bit more. Actually, I play guitar, bass guitar, drums and piano," he admitted, well, he still preferred drums mostly but it was still a fact that he played them all, some better, some worse but he had been practicing for really long years. "Now, what music do you like? Or maybe some specific genre?"

Valeria couldn't help the fact she felt very giddy, this was just so much fun, she couldn't imagine it could've gone better. She really wanted to see Xiuying or even Gwen to be able to gush to them about the cute boy she'd just kissed. Val leaned into him as he put his arm around her shoulder as they moved towards the drinks. She was holding her head high trying to be sure people were seeing this. "Oh wow," she commented, since knowing four instruments was pretty cool. Though perhaps it was three depending on how different the guitar and bass guitar were. "Which is your favourite?" she asked, and then gave a little laugh, "I'm unfortunately not as well versed in music as you are in art, I like pop music...the popular music that plays most on the radio, anything with a fun beat, that you can dance to..,"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back