A lazy day...

Harriet Turner

Wand
Black Walnut/ Maple Wand 12 3/4" Essence of Silver Thistle
Harri walked out to the lakefront immedietly enjoying the cool breeze that came with it, it was a warm day and seeing as she had nothing planned she wondered down to the lake. She settled on the grass and just lay there for a while, though soon becoming bored she looked around for something to do. Seeing no-one walking past she rooted around in her bag finally pulling out an old elastic band ball that had been in there for God knows how long! She began to unravel them one by one and flicked them away from here, she couldn't help but laugh as one flew through the air and hit a boy squarely on the back of the head! "Woah sorry!" she called still laughing.

Alex had just been walkign bout and had been turning his attention to his pocket when something hit his head. His hand went up there instantly and he turned to see who threw it at him, his anger rising. He saw Harri laughing at him and he rolled his eyes, walkign over to her. 'Now didn't anyone teach you not to ping elastic bands into people?'he asked.

Harri laughed even harder as the boy turned around and she saw it was Alex. "Woah, sorry mate," she said inbetween breaths "Yeah they did, but rules are meant for breaking don't you think?" she said after she had calmed down, she patted the ground besides her too see if she wanted to join her. "so any spiders crawled into your mouth lately?" she asked her mouth spreading into a grin before she started laughing again.

Alex was about to give her a lecture when she asked about the spiders. He couldn't help but burst out laughing at this too. 'I don't know. You really have a problem with your laughing,'he said finally, having a seat.

"Thanks," she said sarcastically shaking her head, "I like to laugh, is that a problem?" she asked keeping her face straight before it broke out into a grin. "How you liking it here then? Settling in well?" she asked, she was about to laugh it sounded like she was talking to a first year but she stopped herself meerly grinning instead.

Alex laughed, before putting an annoyed face on. 'You make me feel like a first year here,'he complained cheerfully. 'But yeah, just like home. Too warm here still,'he said pretending to die from the heat. He smiled and sat back up again, normally.

Harri bit her lip trying to stop herself laughing, "Well suppose you could pass for a first year," she said sticking her tongue out and having a moments lap in concentration which made her laugh but she stopped and pulled on a solem face "So you prefer this Harri, to the one who," she paused and imitated him for the last part "Has a problem with laughing,"she made her voice go deeper to match his, she didn't laugh though her eyes were gleaming with laughter.

Alex laughed. 'Hey, I didn't say that. I just said you have a problem with laughing and not being able to stop basically,'Alex said rolling his eys at her.

Harri rolled her eyes back at him " Suppose I do. Once I start I can't stop!" she said "And thats, good cause I hate being boring!" she said grinning, "So your Triwizard champion, whats she like? Stiff competition for out Champion?" she asked, she was so excited about the tournament and couldn't wait for it to start. She looked around at the beautiful autum scenery around her, an especially large leaf pile catching her eye.

Alex shrugged. 'SHe's nice and she really is quite smart, better than me by loads. What's Hilary like then?'he asked her.

Harri nudged him "Ahh come on don't be down on yourself," she said smiling, "Yeah I think Hilary stands a good chance of winning!" she said happily "After all she is a Gryffindor!" she said laughing, her eyes still on the leaf pile. She jumped up dragged Alex by his hand over to it and started chucking them around like she used to when she was little, she laughed. Alot.

Alex rolled his eyes at her comment on being Gryffindor. 'ANd what's wrong with being Hufflepuff may I ask?'he asked as she dragged him over to the leaf pile. He laughed as she started kicking them about. 'There could be spider sint here you know,'he said picking up a pile and throwing them over her.

"Theres nothing wrong with hufflepuff, it's just Gryffindor is a million times better!" Harri said happily. "Eww it always goes back to spiders with you doesn't it?" she said laughing and shaking the leaves out of her hair before grabbing a huge pile and chucking them at him, stretching on her tip toes so as to be able to aim as high as possible, she didn't stop at one pile though, she kept throwing random leaves at him unitll she felt there might be revenge on the way and legged it as fast as she could, laughing as the wind streamed her hair out behind her.

Alex laughed as she threw a pile of leaves at him. He brushed them off of his head before seeing her run away. 'Right you better run,'he said grabbing the rets of the leaves in his hnad and running after her, wanting revenge. He quickly caught up with ehr thoguh, him being a fast sprinter, and chucked them on her again. 'Got ya'he said jokingly.

Harri was suprised when a bunch of leaves flew all over her "How did you get to be so fast?" she said laughing and shaking the leaves out of her hair once again, while picking them off the rest of her clothes. "I love autum don't you?" she said slumping down on the floor still picking leaves off herself, "Jeez chuck enough leafs at me?" she mumbled laughing.

'Training'Alex said smiling proudly. 'Yeah but I like summer better,'he said smiling and laughing at her mumbling of the leaves. He sat down again, resting his hands on his knees. 'Course, just to be on the safe side'he joked.

"Yeah course summers the best!" Harri said happily "You train? really? At magic school you do running training?" she said finding it strange, she shook her head at his response finding another stray leaf on the back on her head she pulled it out and placed it on the top of his head grinning.

Alex laughed and shook his head cathcing the leaf as it fell and threw it back at her. 'No, I train in the holidays sily,'he said, rolling his eyes at her.

"Hey," Harri said throwing the leaf back at him, "Only during the holidays? Do you not run at school?" she said laughing, "I'm sure people here have a sneeky few laps around the pitch here, I used to run but since I came here got a bit out of shape!" she said poking her flat stomach as if it was huge, "Might go for a run tommorow morning actually," she said more to herself.

'Well, if you count running to classes, running, then yeah sure,'Alex said jokingly. He laughed as she poked herself in the stomach. 'Looks everyone, warnind, don't come to near mind. We have an alien here who comes from the planet 'I'm skinny but I think I'm fat'Alex joked smiling and pretending to hold a micrphone.

Harri laughed "I'm not skinny, but I don't think I'm really fat, just want to loose a few pounds then I'll be fine!" she said grinning "Fancy joining me for a run tommorow morning? I'll go slow," she added, though really he would be the one who had to go slow.

'Oh, god help us. I'll be jogging basicly then,'Alex joked smiling. 'no problem, depends how early though. I really do like my sleep you know,'Alex said meaning about the sleep alot

"Hey I can be speed when I want to be!" Harri said laughing, "Yeah same, not too early, but early enough that we won't be getting attacked by quiditch players!" she said imaging herself running as everyone else flew high above her.

[Can I join? Still bored :p]

Nina walked down to the Lakefront to try and be alone but no such luck she saw Alex and Harri. Nina sighed and walked closer and as she did the other day she ran up behind him and gave him a big hug. Nina covered his eyes and used her tuff voice and said, "Guess who?"

Alex laughed as Harri said atacked by quidditch players but someone ran up behind him and coered his eyes. 'Now lets see. I just can't quite put my finger on it, Nina,'he joked taking her hands and taking them off his eyes. 'Slang my darling,'he said jokingky in a posh voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back