Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson Cade

Ravenclaw Captain | Beater | Awkward
OOC First Name
Dan
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Unyielding Poplar Wand with Fwooper Feather Core
For the longest time Jackson had wanted to ask Heather to one of the dances they had at the school, but it seemed like the moment where she might have agreed to such an invitation had long passed. He didn't know where he stood with the Slytherin girl, it had been years since their first kiss and yet nothing had ever really happened between them so Jackson knew he had to try and move on the best he could. Quidditch had been a good distraction and he was grateful that there was still something to play for heading into the final game, that way his stomach was in knots over Quidditch and not a girl.

Jackson hadn't liked the suit when his father had first picked it out, it seemed too different. He'd only ever worn black or blue suits with the faintest of patterns at most, he wasn't sure he was confident enough to pull off the colour, but with no other alternates Jackson had no choice but to wear the suit, he paired it with a blue shirt and made his way to the Great hall. He knew he'd spend the whole night self conscious about his suit as well as showing up without either a date or a friend. Jackson smoothed out his trousers nervously as he tried to find something to do with his hands as he looked around the room. The only logical thing was a drink, he needed something to occupy his idle hands after all. Jackson headed over to the drinks table and crapped a glass of cold pumpkin juice. He was suddenly regretting every decision he had made that led him to be standing in that spot.

Alone again, and Caro was struggling to bite back the bitter feelings. Everything in her life had been ruined at the Yule Ball. Nixon was horrible, and now he was gone. Shane had seemed so much like he really cared about her, but he hadn't shown the slightest bit of interest since. Caro didn't even want to think about boys anymore. Just one and a half more stupid years in this horrible place, and she would be free, free for good. That thought was a relief, and it was all that was carrying Caro as she entered the Valentines dance. She had dressed up a little bit, but there seemed no point in expecting to have much fun. Caro had brought her camera instead, hoping that focusing on getting some good shots would help her not to think about her depressing love life.

"Can I take your picture?" Caro asked, approaching a boy she recognised from classes. The brightness of his suit looked nice, and would be a good fit for their valentines pages, she thought quietly. "I'm with Accio and Hogwarts Monthly." Caro added, holding up her camera. "That's a really nice suit."

Jackson had spent what seemed like a long time alone with his own thoughts when a voice snapped him back to reality and he turned his head to see a girl with a camera asking if she could take his picture. "I suppose so," He said awkwardly, he wasn't sure why she would want a photo of him for which ever school publication she was planning to use it in but Jackson wasn't about to refuse such a request. Jackson was a little surprised when the girl complimented his suit, he'd already expected her to have moved on and be photographing more attractive or interesting people by now. "Thanks, I'm still not convinced I'm pulling it off, though I suppose the colour is kind of appropriate for the event," Jackson hadn't until that moment realised the colour of the suit was actually quite suited to the colour scheme of Valentines day. "You look really nice too, I love your dress," Jackson knew the girl vaguely from class, they hadn't spoken but he'd noticed her, she was really pretty but his attention had always been firmly on Heather. "Are you here alone?" He asked, though worrying the question came across harsh.

Caro smiled when the boy agreed to have his picture taken, glad it hadn't been a big deal. She knew some people were camera shy, but Caro could swear some people just liked to make her job difficult on purpose. She raised her camera though, and gave Jackson a moment to find a pose before snapping a picture. "Thanks." She smiled, lowering her camera again. She laughed slightly when Jackson commented on his suit, shaking her head slightly. "I think you're pulling it off. And it's definitely on theme." October smiled as she wound the film in her camera on. There was something about talking to people when she was in her role as photographer that always made Caro feel more confident, more in control. His next couple of comments completely knocked that confidence out of her and Caro blushed slightly, straightening her jacket self consciously. "Thanks." She said with a nervous grin, trying to figure out how to say she was alone without sounding like a loser. "I'm, um... camera's my date tonight." Caro laughed awkwardly, waving her camera slightly. "Someone's... gotta take pictures, you know." She said quickly, hoping he wouldn't suspect the truth, that there was nobody who would ever even think to ask her anymore.

Jackson looked down at his suit again and smiled, suddenly feeling more confident in his appearance he beamed at the girl in front of him. "Yeah its very Valentines appropriate, total accident mind you, I didn't even make the connection until I came in a saw the decorations," It might have made him sound ridiculous but he didn't care, Jackson was feeling good. "I don't have a date either," He shrugged, "You don't need a date to have fun, we could hang out," Jackson suggested. "Or rather, I can keep you company while you take peoples photos, make sure no one gives you grief,"

Caro chuckled slightly at Jackson's comment about the outfit, nodding. "Well, you just had good instincts." She smiled, adjusting her own jacket slightly. "I went for the pink jacket to fit the theme. Figure it's... maybe good if the photographer blends in to the decor, you know? I don't wanna distract people." She smiled awkwardly, trying not to think about how badly she wanted to be noticed. Caro had been nervous she would be made fun of for not having a date, but she was relieved when Jackson admitted he didn't have one either, and her heart jumped slightly when he asked to hang out with her. Did that mean something? Caro tried not to jump the gun, like she had with Nixon and Shane, but she couldn't help the grin that spread across her face. "That'd be great." She said quickly. "I'd really appreciate some company..."

Jackson nodded as the girl explained the thought process behind her jacket, though he disagreed with her conclusion. "You're too beautiful to blend in, so I don't see your plan working," He smiled at her. Jackson didn't want to come across like he was trying a line, he was just being honest, he couldn't see how people wouldn't notice the girl. "So what kind of photos are you looking to get?" He asked hoping he could help point her in the direction of certain scenarios she was looking for.

Any shred of confidence Caro had felt in herself just continued to dissolve as Jackson spoke, and she could feel her face heating up as he called her beautiful. It reminded Caro of how Shane had talked to her, and filled Caro with giddy nerves. On the one hand, it was nice to be called beautiful, something she wasn't used to hearing, but on the other hand, making out with Shane had never amounted to anything more for her, and Caro was nervous at the thought that she could so easily get too invested in something that wasn't going anywhere again. Blushing, she turned away from Jackson slightly, relieved to have his question to focus on, though Caro could feel her face was still even pinker than her jacket. "Um, well just... any kind of pictures. People dancing, people's outfits, anything that's... notable about the night, that would look good in the paper or the yearbook." She explained, trying to focus on something easier to think about than her complicated history with boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back