A howl for help <3

Maisie Hampton

Wand
Elm Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Gargoyle Tooth
Maisie walked through the court yard of the school to get back to the dungeons for her potions lesson "hey wolf girl" a boy said, running up behind her. "Can't you just leave me alone?" she replied, hiding her face underneath her coat, she hated it when people did this, and how did he find out? Someone must of told him, she would try and deny it, hold it off a little longer "I am not a werewolf!" she exclaimed at him, turning around, dropping her books on the floor and walking up to him. "When will you get that into your thick skull, just please leave me alone!" she exclaimed, turning to walk away, when the boy pushed her over, she ran off to the corridors of the school.

Maisie felt self-destructive that day. It was an unstoppable feeling, born out of discontent and pure dissatisfaction, and it raged through her thin body. It made her muscles tense with unexplainable rage. It made her want to cry and destroy everything, throw her belongings on the ground, set things on fire. Maisie felt like a monster in human form. At the thought, she merely snorted. Of course she should feel like that. She was indeed a monster. Last night was the night of the full moon. The same pain had rippled through her body as her limbs and body became those of the cursed kind. Her mind, however, remained intact and fully conscious. There were tears, and there were whimpers, but rising above was the conviction that she should not be the one hiding.

Why should she spend the rest of her life hiding?

Wasn’t the choice between fear and acceptance their own to make?

The answers were as follows: no, she shouldn’t be hiding and yes, that was their choice.

Though, if they chose fear, they should be content with shivering and hiding in their beds at night rather than sending her away to save the world the trouble of having one more worry. Maisie snorted again and threw her torn ragged robes into her trunk. She can worry about that later. The Slytherin changed into a better set of robes (also known as the slightly less patched and stitched up pair). She roughly laced up her boots. Maisie took one long look in the mirror without moving. That was her. Thin, sickly Maisie. The girl who hardly slept. After a few moments of her mirror smartly not saying anything, it finally started to speak to her, only to be cut short by Maisie.

"I’ll break you," Maisie hissed as she turned away, her long dark hair tossed over her shoulder. The mirror muttered something, obviously miffed. She snatched up the wand on the bedside table and stormed out of her dormitory, carelessly pushing people out of her way. They did not care about her, so why should she consider them? The witch stormed through and about the castle, quite sure about where she was heading, even if her mind did not recognize it. This was her instinct’s response to what was building up inside for the longest time.

Maisie slipped into the dimness of the Dungeons. She knew there were many corridors and many dead ends down there. The werewolf sniffed the stale air, as if trying to catch the scent of the elusive Gryffindor students, but it inspired no revelation. Boisterously, Maisie prowled the corridors, hoping to catch a Gryffindor there. They would know where to find her. Maisie licked her lips and thought she could taste war.

Larissa wasn't in the best of moods.
She had just heard her ex-mud-blood-boyfriend was coming back to Hogwarts sometime soon.
Larissa had spent the past half an hour in her room, trying to stomach all emotion. It wasn't working.
She was so angry at how Robert had left her, she was even more angry he was coming back.

Larissa pocketed her wandand pushed her hair to cover her pale face.
Though it didn't show, Larissa was about to explode with emotion.
She liked to do this somewhere that had the least friendly reputation- The Dungeons.
Larissa ran through the common room, ignoring the calls of "Larissa?" and "Where's she going?"
She. She has feelings, she has needs. So what if she is part-veela? Does that make her any less human?
Larissa burst into manical laughter as she headed towards the darkest points of the dungeon.
Of course she was less human. But why did they all have to treat her like.. A NOTHING?

Larissa found a dark corner and began to pace back and forth angrily, her wand now held out infront of her.
Larissa laughed again.
"I'll teach them," she said, tears of fury overwhelming her and forcing her to lean against the wall.
She was whispering now, "When I've killed every last one of those.. MUD-BLOODS.. Only then I will be happy.."
Larissa was smiling to herself in the darkness.
Her white teeth like a piercing light through the gloom.

Larissa's eyes widened. She could hear breathing. Quite nearby.
Larissa pointed her wand into the darkness, "Lumos," she said, the crazed look not fazed from her face.
The wand light hit several walls.
Larissa walked into the darkness.
Someone was round the corner.
She walked round, wand ready, and then..
The wandlight hit a girl.
A girl Larissa had never met before. She stood there, eyes wide, hair sticking to the side of her face where tears had glued it in place.

"I see you share different views then" she smirked. "From the others..." Maisie hissed. The werewolf actually thought she had found someone that possibly had the same ideology as her family. She circled the girl, she couldn't be that old, about a second year from first interpretation. "You had better hope for your own safety your not a filthy mud bloods that dare to enter the Slytherin's territory" she raised an eyebrow waiting for an answer, and took out her wand. "Other wise you might find yourself at a sticky end" the werewolf giggled.

Larissa wasn't intimidated by the girl's behaviour.
Her eyes were piercingly blue.
She stared straight at the girl and suddenly, it clicked.
"I know you," Larissa said, her eyes narrowed in obvious pleasure of realisation.
"You're that fifth year- the new girl.. Oh!" Larissa said suddenly, almost exploding with happiness, "You're the werewolf." Larissa laughed in the fifth years face.
"So, wolf-girl, what brings you down here?" Larissa said nastily but with a hint of curriosity.

Larissa laughed.
"Hah!" She said loudly, "Make me."
She knew what she was doing.
She had wanted a fight with someone for quite some time..

Larissa had suspected some spell would be directed at her, she was fast to act-
"Protego!" she bellowed, pointing her wand out infront of her.
The shield charm shot into place just intime. The reducto spell hit it but splayed into pieces.
My turn, Larissa thought to herself, as she cast her spell directly at the fifth year.
"Petrificus Totalus!" Larissa shouted as the beam of light shot from her wand and in the fifth year's direction.

Estrella had hurried all the way to to dungeons to realize that she didn't have Potions this semester. As she was nearly out of breath, she was in no hurry to make her way back. The red flush slowly disappeared from her face as she walked. The one thing she didn't like about the dungeons was the lack of artwork. Maybe it was simply too cold down here? She found herself tugging at the sleeves of her robes, trying to somehow warm herself up. It was surprising that she couldn't see her breath.

All of a sudden, a commotion met her ears. Being the Head Girl, she figured that it was her duty to find out what was going on. She turned the corner to see two girls engaging in a duel. "Put your wands down!" she bellowed. Duelling had never been allowed in the halls of Hogwarts New Zealand, and wouldn't slip by her either. She stood tall, her badge gleaming on her chest.

Larissa's eyes flicked towards the head girl.
She wouldn't put her wand away in case of another attack but she did lower it.
Larissa felt very ill.
She had never been in trouble before- well, she'd never been caught.
Larissa stood there, her eyes now bright blue with emotion, her hair still clinging to her face where the tears had fallen.
She had a pained look about her. Larissa's mind was racing.

Estrella's eyes narrowed at the girl who had spoken. She had seemed to be an older student, and the Ravenclaw figured that she was a transfer. "No, I was thinking more along the lines of your head of house," she retorted curtly. Professor Manteia was one of the most intimidating instructors at the school, and also one of the best. The Head Girl noted that the younger student was not saying anything. It was obvious who was the more intelligent of the two in Estrella's opinion. "I think it'd be wise to lower your wand." The older girl kept her fingers around her own. Being a year or two older than this new girl, she would know a great deal more magic and was thus not frightened by her.

Larissa wasn't sure what to say.
She didn't want Professor Manteia to get the wrong impression of her.
Larissa slowly, after casting a look which plainly said "as long as she doesn't attack me" at the head girl, Larissa pocketed her wand.
She wanted to tell Maisie to shut up, and tell her how serious the situation was-
Larissa hadn't planned on getting into trouble for another few years.
"Will I get.. expelled?" Larissa said, her voice slightly shaky.
She could imagine the look on her mother's face if she suddenly came home and had to tell her why she was back before the year had barely started.
This wasn't a serious offence.. was it? Maybe a detention or a strict warning from Professor Manteia but surely not expulsion..

"Oh no! Not the Head of House? What are are we going to do?" Maisie replied sarcastically the werewolf laughed hysterically. She found this all quite to amusing. "Do shut up you filthy half breed" she smirked at the blonde girl. "Well get on with it then, might as well lead the way" she smiled at the older girl. She strutted towards the Head Girl, smirking at the other girl as she did.

Professor Manteia was on his way up to his office on the sixth floor to work on some lesson plans when he heard rasied voices in the corridor ahead. He found it prudent to approach such situations cautiously, often hearing details that students would not typically reveal directly when questioned afterwards. The Head of Slytherin had dealt with a host of ignorant and foul-mouthed adolescents in his days and it appeared that this year would be no different. He recognized the three girls in the corridor at once, two of his own house and the Head Girl, Estrella Drage, whom he had taught for the past four years and had always impressed him with her maturity and intelligence.

"The first thing you are going to do Miss Hampton is pocket your wand and hold your tongue. It would be regrettable if you were to say or do anything else at this point, lest your stay at our school be cut remarkably short." Professor Manteia announced as he emerged from the shadows, his hand was never far from his wand in such instances, although he was relatively certain that it would not be needed in this particular case. The consequences for the two Slytherin girls would be dire if it was.

Estrella was quite happy that she was not getting any trouble from the youngest of the two girls. The other girl, however, was testing her patience. She turned to the blonde. "No, I don't believe that you would be expelled. But dueling is not allowed in the halls of Hogwarts, and there are consequences for it." Her lips curled as she turned to the other girl. Obviously, the Slytherin girl was not very familiar with her Head of House. She would be in for a nasty wake up call if she kept going on as she did.

What she was not expecting was for the very man to step out of the shadows. She nearly jumped out of her skin, though she managed to keep her composure. "Professor Manteia," she intoned calmly, giving him a nod of greeting, "We were just about to make a trip to your office." The Slytherin Head of House had arrived at the most opportune time.

Professor Manteia observed Maisie's reaction to his arrival, always finding it somewhat amusing when a student felt compelled to mutter under their breath as opposed to simply having the will power to internalize their emotions completely. However, he did note that the girl had the common sense to pocket her wand and hoped that this was an indication that there was hope for her. The Slytherin Head turned his attention back to Estrella and addressed her instead.

"While it appears a trip to my office is unnecessary at this point, would you care to elaborate as to what has transpired?" He asked the Ravenclaw as his gaze fell to the two Slytherins momentarily before returning to the Head Girl.

Maisie thought for a moment. What had she been doing? How immature had she been? She never thought she'd say this but she felt quite sorry for the girl. "If I may?" she smiled, at them all, she carried on regardless, she wasn't that soft. "Well what happened is that I was just looked around the dungeons and this girl came up to me and I began to 'intimidate' her and I suppose I provoked the attack and started it by firing the reducto spell at her, that's when she stepped in and stopped us, so it was my fault" Maisie sighed. Her mother wouldn't be proud of her, but she's dead now, what did it matter, this was all she had left really, and she wasn't going to ruin it for herself. A face of pure guilt appeared on Maisie's face, it wasn't act, it was for real.

When Larissa saw Professor Manteia appear out of the shadows, she nearly exploded with shock.
Coincidence, maybe, but the Professor's sudden arrival made Larissa suddenly aware of how she looked.
She probably still had her hair stuck to the side of her face from the tears she had shed.
Larissa remained silent.

When the fifth year began talking when not addressed, larissa's eyebrows raised a fraction or too and her mouth opened when the fifth year reached the part about.. well, when she told the truth.
Larissa decided it was time to speak up, "I did provoke her too," Larissa said, looking directly into Professor Manteia's eyes. "I called her wolf girl- I know I shouldn't have." Larissa turned briefly to look at the fifth year before sinking back and becoming silent once more.

Professor Manteia was mildly surprised that the older of his two Slytherins decided to speak up when it was clearly evident that he had been anticipating the Head Girl to have the first opportunity to provide an account of what had occurred. However, while not pleased with her speaking out of turn or with what she had admitted doing, he did take some consolation in the fact that both she and Larissa who followed appeared to be accepting responsibility for their contributions to the incident. It appeared that the students at the school were finally learning that it was foolish to lie to him and that the consequences were always much graver when one did so.

Professor Manteia considered what the girls had said, but even if what they had said was true he was not prepared to simply allow them to walk away from this situation without any consequence. It was imperative that they learned an important lesson in respect for school rules and authority at this critical juncture. He had just delivered a rather clear message to the Slytherins about his expectations of them this year and he would not tolerate such blatantly poor decision making so soon afterwards. "Miss Drage, my apologies that my two students do not appear to realize when to wait until it is their turn to speak." He said sharply, not liking to have to apologize for his student's behaviour, but liking being embarrassed by them even less. "Do you have anything to add or contradict what has just been offered up by these two students?"

Estrella ignored the fact that the girl that Professor Manteia had addressed as Miss Hampton glared daggers at her. The Ravenclaw couldn't care less, considering that she had been fulfilling her duty as a student entrusted with a position of authority amongst her peers. Her mouth opened and then closed quickly as the Hampton girl jumped to the gun to explain. Confident in the fact that Manteia would let her have a turn, she waited patiently.

As the younger Slytherin finished her eyes fell back to Professor Manteia. Keeping eye contact she responded, "I don't believe that I have anything to contradict the words of these two girls. I came upon them dueling- which I know has never been allowed anywhere in this school except in the dueling chamber under the strict supervision of a professor- and I intervened. I do not know who started this conflict but I felt that it would be prudent to end it."

She knew that Professor Manteia was probably not happy that students of his house were behaving in such a manner, especially considering that they were not first years unfamiliar with school rules. Motioning to Larissa, she add, "I did not get any back talk from this girl," she gave an apologetic look, "I am afraid I do not know her name." Maisie, however, had been a different story. Issues could only be fixed if they were addressed, and she didn't want the younger girl to get in any more trouble than was necessary. Dueling was an offense that most often reaped consequence. Estrella, however, wanted things to be as least of a mess as possible. The Ravenclaw stood tall, waiting for the professor to respond.

"Thank you Miss Drage. I believe that I can handle the situation moving forward." Professor Manteia replied with confidence, knowing that the two Slytherin girls would need to learn that dueling in the corridors was severely frowned upon. He turned his gaze to the two Slytherin girls, working hard to control his temper as their direct violation of his request for better behavior from his students this year.

"Mistakes are regrettable, but less so than the ignorance that you have displayed in making them. You will each write a letter of apology to Slytherin for having lost us 20 house points each for your actions and post it on the Bulletin Board in our common room. In addition, Miss Hampton, you will write an apology to Miss Drage for not respecting her authority as Head Girl and deliver it to her in person before the end of the week." Professor Manteia said sternly. "Should either of you fail to comply with these orders, I will relieve you of your wands until you do so. Do I make myself clear?"

Larissa only just managed to stifle a groan.
She had known that Professor Manteia wouldn't let them off lightly.
In her head, Larissa swore to herself never to get into trouble again- The mere shame of it was torturing her.
Larissa hung her head in disgrace of her actions.

[The bulletin board is locked, so I can't post anything :doh: ]

Maisie looked like she had just been slapped, but accepted the consequences. Maisie nodded at Professor Manteia's commands. "I take it we can go now?" she said quietly, the werewolf felt like burning everything down right now, how the urge for flesh was powerful enough now, she could eat a horse, literally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back