A Hot day in the States

"Basketball and soccer and football?" Luke inquired, his face a mask of confusion. "On broomsticks? Sorry I asked." His reluctance to ask any more questions was all in good nature, a grin still slapped to his face. "I didn't even know you guys rode broomsticks. I thought that was all just a bunch of crap. I suppose you make gingerbread houses too?" He smirked. "Captain? Wow. That's pretty sweet. I never got to be Captain of anything." The young man turned as Lily said that she heard a car. "Yep, that should be Mom and Dad."

Sipping at his mountain dew nonchalantly, he drained the can and squinting, he aimed the can for the sink. It bounced around with a clang but ultimately, stayed at his destination. Thankful for good aim he looked to the door. He decided not to make any remarks back at his father, knowing that soon enough his dad would forget all about his wisecrack. "I thought the heat was doing something to me too, but she's there. Well, rather she and Lily are there." He winked at the younger girl, not wanting her to feel entirely out of place.

Estrella was quiet as Luke and Lily exchanged conversation, glancing out the window. Despite the unusual heat wave, she was glad to be back home. Something about it calmed her, feeling as if a warm shroud had enveloped her- and it wasn't the summer heat, either. She was never entirely sure where to call home, but she figured that this seemed the closest to it.

She was almost hoping that the can Luke tossed in the sink would miss so that she could goad him, but she was forced to admit that that would not be so. She herself was clumsy when it came to throwing things into a direct target- and that was probably why she was good at Keeper and not Chaser. A surge of happiness washed over her as Lily said that there was a car in the driveway, waiting eagerly for the door to open. She wasn't sure what she'd do when it happened, but at least she could revel in the moment.

Instead of saying anything, she sat at her spot as Carl strolled in, grinning at the apparent shock on his face. Her smile, which was unusually warm, remained. She found herself fortunate that Valcan had allowed her to come here.

Lily grinned as Luke was a bit puzzled over the idea of quidditch. "I actually kind of miss watching football. Too bad its the wrong season for it right now. Oh, and yes. I do make a mean gingerbread house, but I never tried to live in it -- just eat it." She smirked, then became a bit nervous as voices approached the door and she fell silent. Shortly, Estrella's aunt, uncle and cousin came walking in, just a bit shocked at their presence.

Estrella looked very happy that she shocked her family. Lily sat there in this stranger's home a bit nervous, not quite sure what to do. She did not want to upset Estrella's welcome home. When Luke mentioned her, she looked at him and smiled, mouthing the word "Thanks" to him. He had a way of making her feel comfortable -- a lot like Blake did.

Carl was still taking a moment to gather himself, blinking hard and pinching his arm to reaffirm that he wasn't daydreaming. But no, his niece was sitting there, solid and not a figment of hallucination. With a grin he rushed forward, embracing her in a tight hug. "Well, we weren't expecting you," he stated, beaming. "My my, you seem to grow another few inches every time I see you. How did you manage to get here?" He turned and smiled at the stranger. "I take this is Lily?" The muggle man was still partially in a daze. He was absolutely elated that his niece had been able to make it here, although there were still a lot of unanswered questions floating around.

Lily smiled and relaxed a bit as she realized that Estrella's aunt and uncle were happy to see them. Well, Estrella anyways. She looked over to Luke, glad to see he still had a reassuring face for her, making her feel more comfortable at the table. Then Carl turned to her, and she took the moment to introduce herself to him. "Yes. Hi. I'm Lily Potter. I am Estrella's roommate at school. We are spending the summer together, as if we don't get enough time together during the school year," she said with a giggle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back