Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Noel
Wand
Vine Wand, 12 3/4", Dragon Heartstring Core
Adorah was excited that students were starting to come back to Hogwarts after the break. She had stayed (one of the few Ravenclaws who did) yet again because it was easier than dealing with her biased parents. At this point, it almost felt like she didn't have any parents, but when she tried to have that conversation with Juniper, it just ended in frustration and arguing. Trying to avoid her sister since they were unfortunately in the same house, she went to one of favorite places in the castle. Thankfully, it was still empty because the flood of students had not arrived. As she opened the door, the sun glistened against the piano, and she gave a small smile. The room was warm, and she took a seat on the piano bench as she flipped up the key cover. She hadn't brought any music with her, but over the past few years, she had memorized a lot of pieces. Her favorite recently was Gymnopédie No. 1. Since she was a small human, her hands barely reached an octave after years of practice so it had been difficult for her to get down. While she hadn't quite mastered it yet, she knew it well enough to play and feel the musicality. She placed her fingers on the ivory keys and began playing.

It had taken Aisa a while to realize that her feelings for Adorah were more than just friendly feelings. She'd never really had a crush before, so it was new to her. It frustrated her a bit, especially when she thought of her brother who seemed to have crushes every other day when he was her age. She hoped she wouldn't be just like him. She hadn't told anyone. Not even Sully, especially not Sully. She knew he would make fun of her relentlessly, and she didn't quite feel ready to deal with that. But talking to him in the past had given her the idea to do this. He always told her she needed to have more fun at school events, do more than just stand in the corner and take photos. She still had her Accio duty to do, but... if Adorah didn't mind that, there was no reason they couldn't go together. She had told herself it would be alright even if she said no, but still felt nervous as she stepped into the Arts room. She'd been asking around for the Ravenclaw and had been pointed in this direction. Aisa stopped at the door, pausing to listen to the music. It was really beautiful, and she almost forgot why she was here as she stopped to listen to the melody.

Adorah was very immersed in this piece and didn't notice that anyone was listening. She finished the piece and smiled, as there only a few mistakes this time. She went to pull out her notebook to mark down the measures and sections she needed to practice when she saw Aisa standed in the doorway. Slightly jumping in her seat, she placed her hand over her mouth as a small yelp escaped. "You scared me!" she laughed, embarassed. "I didn't realize anyone was listening... or even around," she continued. "It's nice to see you," she quickly blurted out as she stood up. Adorah blushed and scratched the back of her head. It wasn't that she didn't enjoy seeing Aisa - she really did, and for some reason, she felt her stomach turn into knots anytime she saw the Gryffindor around the castle. She still wasn't quite sure what that meant - she had never felt that way around anyone before. "Uh, how was your break?" she asked, looking up at the girl and hoping her cheeks weren't too pink.

Aisa was quietly enjoying the music, something she regretted the moment Adorah noticed her and was clearly startled by her. She winced, wishing she had let the other girl know she was here in some way. Now things were off to an awkward start. "Sorry." She said, moving into the room. "I was looking for you." She said, blushing a bit as Adorah said it was nice to see her. "But when I heard you play, I got distracted." She said, brushing her hair behind her ear quickly. "My break was alright. How was yours?" She added, moving over to the piano and looking down at it, avoiding Adorah's direct gaze for now. She knew she had to ask her soon, but was suddenly sure she needed to think of the right way to say it. She hadn't imagined this situation starting with her scaring Adorah and interrupting her music. She wished she could do it over.

Adorah was a little flustered when Aisa said she was looking for her. She stood up as the Gryffindor walked closer to the piano and stepped behind the piano bench, placing one hand across her self holding onto her other arm. She shrugged when Aisa asked her how her break was. "I spent time here so it was quiet. I'm glad your break was decent," she replied. It registered with her that she had been looking for her, and she furrowed her brow. "Well, you found me. Did you need me for something?" she asked, giving a small smile.

Aisa was a bit surprised to hear Adorah had stayed at Hogwarts. The Christmas break was their one chance to go home during the school year, and Aisa didn't know anyone else who stayed at school. It made her wonder about Adorah's family, but that felt too personal to ask. "I see." Was all she said. Then, Adorah asked her why she had been looking for her, something Aisa had anticipated. But that didn't necessarily make it easier to answer. "I... was going to ask you if you wanted to go to the dance with me." She said, letting it all out in one big breath. She looked at the other girl, nervous and hopeful.

Adorah wasn't sure how to respond to Aisa's I see, but she didn't have much time to think before Aisa popped an even bigger question on her. Adorah had never been to a dance with anyone before. She knew there were feelings for their Aisa, but she didn't realize the Gryffindor had felt the same. She some loose hair back behind her ear and couldn't help but start smiling. "Umm... yeah, I'd love to," she said, looking up at Aisa and gave a small laugh. "Thank you for asking me to go."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back