A Game of... Wooden Benches?

Kris Turner

OOC First Name
Dakota
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Sturdy Yew Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
Kris woke up early that morning. It wasn't his fault, he was just to excited. Since starting he'd made a few friends (well one really) and already done lots of reading for his first few classes, which hadn't started yet. As he was getting dressed he picked up his book about fantastic beasts and his wand and headed out of the dorm.

His stomach must have guided him, as without looking up from his book he had made his way into the great hall. He sat down at his table where only a few other students sat, eating. He reopened his book and started to read again.

He must have been reading for ages because when he looked up again, the tables were filling up, as more and more students entered the hall. Kris put his book into his bag and grabbed a slice of toast. He studied the other students as he munched quietly.

Avie had woken up that morning with little purpose. He hadn't really known upon waking what he wanted to do with his day. In reality the boy had been having so much fun, he was actually sure that he was out of things to do. Though he really did know that that couldn't be further from the truth really. Avie knew that there was still plenty for him to do and he was really looking forward to each day as it came, just that morning he had no idea what he actually wanted to do with his day. Avie just slowly got dressed. Putting on the cleanest clothes that he could find, and began making his way to the great hall. As always the slytherin had woken up really hungry. He was constantly on the move, constantly running around. He got hungry really easily. His mother always said it was because he didn't really look after himself, but Avie always told her it was because he got rid of more energy in all his fun, not that he couldn't remember to look after himself.

Avie stepped into the great hall, and then wandered towards the Slytherin table. He glanced at who was already sat at the Slytherin table. He couldn't see any of his friends really. Not that the boy had many friends from his own house. He looked around, and spotted his new friend, Kris, sitting himself at the Hufflepuff table his nose in a book. He smiled to himself and then at the other boy. "Kris!" He called as he then began to make his way over. He noticed that the boy had just put something away. So avie took this as a moment to run over to his friend, and take a seat in front of him. "Hey man!" he said, not bothering to ask if the seat was taken. "You don't mind?" he asked him, realising that perhaps his hufflepuff friend was waiting on others. "Any plans for the day?" He asked, hoping to maybe get inspiration off him.

Kris looked up startled and almost dropped his toast. Avie has just sat down in front of him. A Slytherin sat down at the Hufflepuff table. He looked around nervously but saw no one was really paying attention, and anyway it was Avie, he didn't apply to any of the Social norms the way most people did. "Hey Avie!" he smiled, still somewhat tired, "Of course I don't mind, here do want something to eat?" He pushed a plate of food towards Avie, who did look hungry, as he himself got some cereal.

Kris smiled mischievously. "Well I was going to stay in my dorm today and read..." Kris knew Avie disliked reading, whilst he on the other-hand, enjoyed it, but only in moderation. "I've been meaning to research Vegemagus, which is the very rare ability to turn into a plant, such as a Lily or Narcissa, It's extremely rare and fascinating, I have a book about it if you want to borrow it?" In reality Kris had nothing planned at all for the day, but it was fun to tease his friend.

Avie was definitely glad when his newest friend seemed really quite happy to see him. He smiled at him, with a happy expression, he didn't know what he would do with his day but the fact that he had run into his friend so early on, that was definitely a good sign. He nodded and then before Kris had even asked him if he wanted any food, the boy reached out and took a couple of slices of toast, beginning to scoff down the first one. He just nodded along, "I'm glad! Cause I did not want to sit alone" He told his friend with a bright smile. He of course hadn't wanted to eat alone. Most of the time the boy was fine with it, but right now he was just feeling like company would be nice. Then as Kris told Avie what he was going to do, he just frowned. Reading all day in your dorm, now that wasn't fun. He shook his head at his friend but let him continue. Avie had no interest in plants really. He didn't honestly care about them as much as Kris seemed to maybe. He shook his head at the offer. "Eww...Nah man, I'm good. You keep it" He told him, laughing slightly, "Can't really read anyway, so it would be pointless" Avie added with a shrug. He knew that his friend did like reading so he was thinking that he could probably really respect that about him. Just that Avie didn't want to. "I don't have anything planned for today. I thought maybe I could do some quidditch practice. I want to get on the the team, my mum says it would be good to channel some of my energy into something else. I think it could be fun. Then, also if I become a part of the team, then Professor Styx will have to like me. I hugged him, and I know he's warming up to me, this would help like a lot!" Avie added happily as he took more bites of his toast.

Kris was pleased Avie was happy, and laughed with him when he turned down his book offer. He had known Avie would, and he was okay with that. Avie was the talkative one and Kris was the quieter one, But then Avie mentioned the one thing that had been on his mind for a while now; Quidditch.

Even though Kris was only in first year he was still going to try-out. He remembered playing with his siblings when he was younger. He always got to be the beater, which was what he was going to try out for. "You're trying out to?" Kris asked excitedly. "I hope you get on the team, But then If I get on the team, we'll be rivals. It could be so fun." Kris was getting ahead of himself and mentally checked himself. "You hugged a Professor? And you're still alive?" Kris gaped at the guts of his friend. "Wow man..." He took a slice of bacon and chewed on it thoughtfully.

Avie continued to bite into his toast, scoffing down as much of it as he could. He was really looking forward to being able to get things done with his day. He wasn't sure what he was going to do with his day, but he was excited for it. As Avie really always was when it came to those things. He smiled to his friend, quidditch sounded great, he was really excited about trying it. He hadn't particularly liked the flying lessons, but he was sure that it would be good for him to get some practice. He was fairly good at flying, he just hadn't liked the lessons themselves. That felt silly. He didn't know why anyone would bother. Happily the slytherin nodded, and he glanced to Kris, who was also trying out, although they'd be on different teams. He nodded with him, "You too man" he told him reaching over and patting him on the shoulder. Happy that they could probably get some practice in together which would be great fun! "Which position you going for?" Avie asked with a smile. Wondering if they might play against one another. He was sort of looking forward to that. At the next thing, Avie nodded. "Yeah, I hugged Styx!" He told his friend. "I don't know why everyone thinks I wouldn't survive that. It's just a hug, you know" he told Kris, Marcel had also worried about if Avie would've been able to stay alive. "To be honest, I just want the man to be less grumpy, and hugs make me less grumpy, and it's not like he's not human or something."

Kris watched Avie eat, having finished his bacon he was not feeling as hungry any more. He scanned the room absent mindedly while he thought, and realised that this was his new home. He wasn't homesick in the slightest, if anything he was sick of going home. the past few years after moving from Canada he hadn't been able to explore any of New Zealand as his sister was over protective but since he got his letter she'd been more lenient.

"I'm going for Beater, you?" Kris smiled imagining scenarios of him playing for the Hufflepuff team and getting to smash Bludgers at other players.

"I seriously can't believe you, Avie!" Kris laughed "I know it's just a hug but Avie it's Styx. I haven't even had him yet but I've heard all about him. Apparently the only emotion he shows is anger... Maybe he isn't human." Kris shrugged, with all the magic around him he couldn't rule out Professor Styx not being fully human.

Avie continued to munch on what he was eating, the slytherin had been thinking a lot about quidditch. In his mind, it was the easiest way of him being able to secure himself in Slytherin, while also being able to continue going with his plans for the year. All the fun he planned on having. Being useful was good. That much he knew well. Happily the boy knew he would try out for the team, he just did not what position he was going to try for. He really liked the position of Keeper, so that was probably going to be what he tried out for. He had no other plans for any of the other positions. He was just really looking forward to being able to play quidditch. He smiled at the other boy, Avie hoped that they would play against each other, and he also hoped that no matter what happened between their two teams they could just stay friends. That it wouldn't affect them. Which would be the worst thing to happen. "I think I'm going to try for Keeper, but, I don't know if I will in the end." Avie shrugged at him, "I know my mother suggested it, but I would really love to do it" he smiled slightly at Kris, he knew that he would have fun. They could practice together. Avie would not mind being target practice for Kris. He laughed along with his friend and nodded. He was perhaps right about the whole non-human thing which would make his task a lot more difficult, but, at least he knew now where some of his difficulties may just lie. "I don't think he's not human, he just is really grumpy, and I can fix that. I know I can. Plus, I figure that he can't expel me for hugging him. That's ridiculous....right?"

Kris sensed that getting on the team was much more than just playing Quidditch, and he fully hoped that Avie made the team. it seemed like he needed this, He thought. "Well if we both get on our teams, I promise not to send to many Bludgers your way." Kris laughed. "We should practice together sometime!" Kris smiled.

Kris mentally went through a list of non-human species that looked human and came to the conclusion either Avie was right, or he didn't know enough species. He'd ask the Care of Magical Creature professor if there were species that could pull-off the whole Human Façade.

"You're right... I think. There's no way he could expel you for hugging him." He laughed. "One of my Brothers, Issac, he did get a months worth of detentions before, but I don't think it was for hugging a professor. Do you have any siblings?"

There was definitely a large part of Avie that was hoping that they would both get on their respective teams. It was of course super annoying that they couldn't play for the same team, but he was sort of hopeful that they would be able to practice a lot together. They were friends after all. Avie just found himself smiling at it. He continued to smile happily when the boy said he wouldn't send to many his way. Avie shook his head though he was laughing along with his friend. "You hit me with as many as you think is necessary for your team to win." he told him patting him lightly on the back. "And definitely we can practice together! You can use me as target practice." he said happily to his friend. Avie he was a great target practice he was fast enough that his friend would have to really work hard to be able to get him. He nodded along with what Kris said, smiling and loving hearing this story. Avie was completely sure that he wouldn't get kicked out because of hugging someone it seemed silly. Unlike Kris, Avie did not actually have any brothers, he had his two cousin which could essentially be his cousins. "Technically I'm an only child, but my mum and I live with my aunt and uncle who have two sons. And those guys are basically my brothers." he told Kris with a smile. Only the last part of what Avie said actually sounded like it was coming from him, the rest was something his mother had made him learn. Avie didn't altogether understand why they all lived together or why they were his cousins rather than his brothers. "What about you? Siblings?"

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" he asked "I don't want to accidental send the Slytherin Keeper out of action before his first game." Kris had a slightly dark sense of humour and was hoping that it wouldn't offend his friend. He also had an idea which could help. "You know the old flying Professor left? Well my uncle took the role and he could help us practice. I mean he knows loads of cool flying tricks."

When Avie told him about his cousins he smiled. It seemed that his dad was out of the picture, but at least he didn't live alone with no-one else to hang out with. Kris smiled softly when Avie asked if he had any brothers. Memories flashed through his mind and he shook them down. "Yeah I have three brothers and a sister, Alec, Kios and Issac are my brothers and Tamara is my sister. but we don't all live together. I live with Tamara and Alec. And our grandma Gretel. It's sorta complicated." he smiled again, slightly sad.

Avie nodded at his friend. He really didn't mind being target practice. It of course wasn't too fun, but he was alright with helping his friend get better at the task that he was suppose to be doing. The position he was going to be attempting to play. "It's a great idea! It'll help me fly better and faster" Avie told his friend brightly, "And, Hogwarts has an infirmary, I'll be fine!" He told him, knowing that he wasn't going to have any trouble getting to the games. He smiled at his friend as he then talked about the professor for flying having left. Practicing with someone who knew a little bit about what they were doing also seemed like a very good plan to Avie. He knew that it would at least help him get better at what he needed to do, but, it would mean that he might have better ideas for target practice than him. As Avie talked about his family he continued to smile happily. He loved his mother, despite sometimes thinking that she wasn't his mother. He loved his cousins, like they were brothers. Despite how strange and odd his family was, he still did love it. His aunt was a little tricky at times, but still. As Kris talked about his family, Avie noticed that his friend seemed a little sad. He didn't know why, in Avie's experience all families were complicated and strange it didn't matter that this boy's was the same. "All families are complicated" He put his arm around his friend. "My aunt always says that families that are simple are family that families that are lying." he told his friend, hoping that his friend wouldn't be so sad.

Kris figured that if Avie didn't mind spending time in the Infirmary, then he wasn't going to go easy on him. He knew that he could hit pretty hard as last year whilst playing with Alec, he'd broken his arm in three places, but he wasn't about to tell Avie that.

Kris really missed his family all being together, but he still kept in contact with Kios and Issac, though not for a long time now, because their last message left no forwarding address, and the owls they sent couldn't find them. He looked up as Avie told him wha this aunt said an Kris laughed knowing it was true.

"Do you want to go do something now?" Kris asked, having looked around nearly all the tables were empty, except from their own.

Avie didn't mind being hurt. He trusted in the school infirmery in being able to make him feel better in no time at all. Which was the hope really. He knew that he was asking to get hurt, quite literally, but if it was for the good of winning then he would absolutely do it. He would help his friend, even though they were on different sides. It didn't bother him so much that they were. They were friends, and he really believed that friends came before houses. Which was pretty good, considering that he had few friends from his own house. Most of those people were too grumpy for Avie. Avie did however realise that Kris wasn't too happy talking about his family, and Avie couldn't help but feel bad about it. Avie laugh along with Kris, but noticed that he was still a little sad. Thankfully, he offered a solution. "Absolutely" he told his friend, but before getting up or suggesting anything, he took his bag and placed it on his lap. Before grabbing a few bits of fruit and other food which he could place into his bag into his bag. "What shall we do?" he asked his friend, last time, Avie had come up with the game of tig, he wanted to do something that Kris wanted to do.

Kris laughed at Avie's confident and innocent demeanour as he piled fruit and food into his bag. Looking around Kris grabbed a couple of slices of toast and stood up. He was super excited for try-outs and couldn't wait to get started. Then Avie offered him the choice of what to do today. He thought for a few minutes just standing there, then he thought about Quidditch. "We could go practice now?"

OOCOut of Character:
Congrats BTW! And super sorry for the late reply

Avie excitedly put a little more food into his bag before closing it over. He didn't know what they would be doing with their day, and Avie didn't really like to be ill-prepared for really anything. He was more excited to be going out and playing, he didn't want to have to go back into the school, just so that he could get some food. It was easier this way. Simpler. Happily Avie nodded at what Kris said. He would very much like to practice now. Avie was looking forward to the try-outs though he knew that it would really need to get better in general if he was really going to both make the team, and also keep his spot on the team. "Yeah! Definitely" he said standing up, grabbing his friend's sleeve and pulling him slightly towards the exit. "Let's go!" He said to him, encourage his friend to drop whatever he had in his hands so that they could go together to the pitch. "Come on!" He said before letting go and rushing out the room.

No worries! And congrats to you too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back