A Friendly Match

Andrew Bruke

Andrew had planned a friendly Qudditch game, in which anyone from any house could particpate. He had sent notices to the house prefects, who'd put them up on the notice board in the common rooms.He hoped people would turn up.Andrew walked to the Qudditch pitch, his emerald streak in his right left and he levitated the Qudditch balls, using his right hand.

On reaching the pitch he placed the ball box aside as he decided to do a lap or two.He mounted his broom and kicked off hard. Gripping his broom firmly he bent forward, and his broom responded as it sped through the pitch, the cool air blowing his hair.

Sam couldn't believe when the sign for a friendly quidditch match came up. Sam was waiting to play a proper game all year, he knew it was just a friendly match but it was still a match. He had signed up right away. Grabbing his Streak he made his way down to the pitch, he was so excited he had been waiting for this for what seemed forever.

Sam arrived to the familiar pitch in which he had spent most of his time in. He breathed in the cool fresh air and walked near the center, he scanned the pitch and couldn't see anyone he knew but he saw a box he recognised it from Quaility Quidditch Supplies. It had to have held the balls. Sam walked over to it and waited patiently for more players to arrive.

Lexi was at the common room when someone had pinned a noticed that said a game of quidditch will be held at the pitch. Lexi first think twice before writing her name on it, and it came to her that she had to try it at least. She when to her dorm and took her old broom out of her trunk and went down to the pitch.

She hover at her broom not wanting to walked toward the pitch, doing this is easy and relaxing for her. At the pitch, Lexi saw a boy standing beside a box and holding a broom too. She fly towards him, "Hey, is this the friendly game they said?" She said looking at the boy who looked to be a Hufflepuff.

Sam looked around when he saw an older student beside him. "eh...I think so.." Sam said looking down at the box. "Though it appears that we're the first here." Sam hoped he hadn't missed it or went to the wrong place maybe they were supposed to meet somewhere else?, no definetly the Quidditch Pitch. "I'm Sam." Sam said with a smile.

Andrew was very high in the sky, having forgotten the reason for his presence at the pitch. When he remembered he took a dive downwards, cutting the air at top speed he closed down to the ground, giving his broom a sharp brake near the stands and taking it towards two students.

One he recognized as a fellow Slytherin, the other was a hufflepuff."Hey guys, I am Andrew. You two are sign ups for the match, yeah?"he asked them with a smile.

Lexi slightly nodded and it appears that the boy just introduce himself to her, "Whatever, i'm Lexi." Lexi said her name in a nice acid tone. She looked somewhere else if anybody would come and play already, she didn't know that this game is full of sweet and kind hufflepuff's not to mention Lexi thinks gryffindor and ravenclaw are in either. Lexi smile at the boy named Sam and hover a little higher to the half of the field.

Once Lexi took off Andrew turned to the hufflepuff and he smiled."And whats your name?". He frowned seeing Lexi, almost everyone in Slytherin had this mental problem.Why couldn't they just step out of it? he thought.

When a boy came over he introuce himself as Andrew, he seemed to be running it. Sam nodded when he said were they here for the game, "Yeah I can't wait..you set this up right?" Sam asked him ignoring the fact that the girl had flown off. Sam never understood he wasn't going to complain that she left he didn't praticullary like her either. "I'm Sam. Playing for Hufflepuff." Sam said before muttering, "I pressume you got that." he said and nodded his head toward Lexi at the other end of the pitch.

Patricia sat up in her dorm room waiting for the time she had to leave. She lay on her bed in her black tracksuit staring at the ceiling. She had signed up for a friendly came of Quidditch, apprehensively. She had done the same last year but it had been a dud, nothing happened, just a group of people sitting around the pitch, dressed in Quidditch gear and did no flying whatsoever.

Patricia looked over at her clock and saw it was nearly time for the match to start so she got up and grabbed her Amethyst Streak and made her way down to the Quidditch pitch. When she arrived she saw three people talking. She give a small sigh hardly anyone has turned up she thought.

When she got closer she heard one of the boys say playing for Hufflepuff Patricia creep up behind him and said, "Make that two." with a broad grin. "Hi Sam, excited to finally play Quidditch?" She asked, knowing the boys passion for the game. "Hi Andrew." She said to the other boy, vaguely remembering him from last year. She turned to the other girl and said. "Hello, my name is Patricia, Patricia Rogers." in her friendly tone.

"yeah I set up the game"he answered Sam."Hello Pat" he said as another Hufflepuff walked in.He had met her a few times in different clubs."We arent playing for house teams, its team A and B.What team are you both on?"he asked them."I am on Team A as a seeker."he informed.

Sam turned around to see Patricia, "Hey Pat." Sam said happily to her, at least there was someone who he knew. "Words can't describe how excited I am."Sam laughed, he was looking forward to this game since the notice came up.

"Right sorry." Sam said to Andrew, "I'm chaser on team A." Sam was glad that he got that position it was his best. He loved the adrenline from it.

Jacob had volunteered when andrew had asked if he would like to join in a Friendly match of quidduitch.He had said that he would like to be a beater and so with a broom and a beater's bat he zoomed out from the castle and into the Quidditch pitch.Andrew and three more people were already there.He knew one of them was a first year because he had seen him in classes and there were two girl that he had seen but did not know who they were.

He zoomed to the place where everyone was smiling brightly.He came to a halt as he reached Andrew's side."Hello Andrew!I believe you are hosting this match."he said grinning.Then he turned to the others."Hello All!I'm Jacob Cooper,1st year Slytherin, playing for team A."

Libby wandered out onto the pitch were she saw five students, three of them she knew. "Hi Jake, Sam, Pat" she grinned. In one hand she was carring her broom as she made her way over. She'd seen one of the Slytherins before, but only briefly in a corridor. "Is this the friendly match?" she asked. "I'm Libby. second chaser for team A" she said. She wasn't used to play chaser and hoped she would be ok.

Lexi went back at the group when she noticed its already packed, she flew towards them and went down on her broom. She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes as she saw another Hufflepuff, is this game for them only? She said to herself. "Well, i think i don't see some team B here." Lexi said quietly.

"Hey Jake, whats up?"he asked his best friend with a grin.He saw Libby come to the pitch. Did she join because he did? he wondered raising an eyebrow."Hello Libby, I am Andrew, Jake's dorm mate and yes this is the friendly match."he informed Libby.He saw Lexi come down."Well, they'll be coming anytime."he told her.

Isabella had to admit she felt a little dumb for not asking Andrew for more details about the game before she had already agreed to playing. But the Slytherin girl had made a promise to him so she got ready, wearing her usual proper attire of a button up shirt and vest over, and, rather unwillingly, slid on a pair of jeans. She hated that it wasn't summer so she couldn't get away with wearing shorts instead. Sighing, she pulled on some knee-high black boots and attempted to pull her short hair into a messy bun, using bobby pins and her signature headband to hold up any stray hairs. She grabbed her long green scarf along with her Emerald Streak and bounded out of the steps of her dorm room, running towards the Pitch at full speed.

She hadn't played all year and the girl was afraid she was starting lose interest in the sport she adored when she was younger. It seemed Andrew had scheduled this game just in time before she gave up on it; besides, she was a Slytherin, giving up wasn't in her nature. "Hi guys," she said with a polite smile once she got there, a little out of breath. She went over to give Pat a quick hug and then went over to Andrew to embrace him as well. "I'm Isabella," she introduced herself to the rest of the group, though her voice held that tone of superiority, as if they should already know who she was without introduction. She turned to Andrew and said, "Alright well I don't really know many details so are teams already assigned or what?"

Sam turned to see the girl who had help him shop for Hoshi's present. He nodded to her and said a quick, "Hey." He wondered what team she was playing for, he hoped B because there was only one on that team so far. He wondered were the rest where?

Brian raced onto the Quidditch pitch Broomstick in hand, he had accidently slept in and was afraid he would miss the match. Stopping once he'd reached the others he noticed everyone around him, a few he'd met before including Andrew who had unfortunatly set up this little match. Brian was glad to be able to participate and represent his house but even more excited to be going up against Andrew in this 'friendly' match that Brian was sure not so 'freindly'. "Hello" Brian said to everyone as he straightened himself out.

"Hey Bella"he said with a smile as Isabella came to the Qudditch Pitch."Yeah the teams are set and you'll be playing beater on team B."he informed her.He saw a Ravenclaw walk up to the pitch, it was Brian. Andrew was happy that he had decided to participate and more happy because he was in the other team as seeker, they'd be playing against each other.

"Hello Brian."he said with an expressionless face."We are waiting for two more members from team B"he told everyone. "Than we can begin."he concluded excitedly.

Violet strode down to the Quidditch pitch, taking her time. In one hand, she held her trusty Firebolt, a broom that had never let her down, not even in her first year when she nearly fell off and would have surely perished in such a fall, the broomstick had not let her down. In the other hand, she held a whistle on a chain. She'd been studying up on the rules of Quidditch and was excited to be playing referee, even though she had never done something like this before and wasn't actually going to be playing. She had pretty good eyesight, though, so she figured she wouldn't be too bad at it.
Approaching the group, she gave everyone a broad smile. "Hi everyone! All pumped for a good, friendly game, then?" she asked.

"Hey Violet, of course it will be friendly, having a true hufflepuff to refree for us"he told Violet as she came to the pitch. Andrew was happy that they had a refree, which would run the game smoothly."You'll favour us of course, as all your house mates are in team A, won't you?"he asked joking as he laughed.

Patricia watched as more and more people started to arrive on the pitch. This might actually work she thought happily. "Hi guys." She said to the new people that arrived. "My name's Patricia Rogers." She added to Jacob. "Hi Libby." She said happily to the younger Hufflepuff girl.

After a few minutes she saw a familiar face approaching. "Hiya Bella." She replied returning her friend a hug. Patricia give a friendly wave to the boy who arrived shortly after Bella, Brian she assumed as Andrew said his name. Patricia heard a voice behind her, turning round she saw Violet, "Hey Violet. I didn't know you were going to be ref." She said. Patricia give a small laugh at Andrew's comment, "Yeah, your not going to be biased are you?" She asked playfully.

Next to arrive was an older boy, Brian, and Violet a fellow Hufflepuff that he vaguely knew. He smiled to them both. Sam laughed at Andrews comment on Violet being referee he didn't mind of coarse. Sam was itching to get going. He didn't know how many were still left to come but he hoped they'd arrive soon.

Lexi was getting annoyed that every players in team a are all 'Hufflepuffs', what a fantastic idea to play here. She didn't know that all are Hufflepuffs, Lexi just rolled her eyes and stand there waiting for the other team b to arrived.

Isabella smiled lightly at the new additions to the group, Brian and Violet. She remembered briefly meeting Brian up on the North tower that fateful night of the fight with Henri which had lead to so much more, like her realization of her crush on Aiden. She remembered feeling foolish and rather embarrassed to be yelling and arguing with Aiden in the older Ravenclaw's presence but Bella doubted he cared about her much. From what she recalled, he didn't seem too fond of Slytherins and that was fine by her if they were going to be competing against each other.

Bella's smile was friendly towards Violet however; she was yet another Hufflepuff that Isabella was nice to aside from Pat. She didn't know Violet very well at all, but just the fact that she was Angus' sister said a lot. Bella laughed lightly when everyone joked about Violet favoring the other team because the majority, if not all, were Hufflepuffs. "Let's just hope Violet sticks true to the Hufflepuff traits like fairness," Bella said in jest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back