Estrella Drage

Obliviator for MACUSA | HNZ 1st Graduating Class

OOC First Name
Amanda
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Widow
Estrella's insides, which had continued to roil and rage at her all throughout class, squirmed with an even greater intensity as she approached the door to Professor Styx's office. The usually composed Head Girl had to take a deep breath before rapping against the wood with her knuckles. She shifted nervously as she waited for someone to answer her. The Ravenclaw didn't think it would be the best idea to tell Jaken about his 'brother' but it ate at her all the same. She was nervous, but she had decided to go through with this and maybe find out something in the process. Secrets just didn't befit her.

Kalif resided behind his desk, grading some essays from one of his earlier classes. His black eyes glanced up, and his quill came to a pause when someone knocked on the door. He waved his hand and the door unlocked. It opened, and Kalif glanced up to see the Head Girl. "Enter," he beckoned coldly.

Estrella jumped just a bit as the door swung open, revealing the Herbology professor. As she took a step into the room she drank it in. When this room belonged to Professor Rambolt, it was warm and inviting. Professor Styx's office was much different. Though what was one supposed to expect? She had a feeling that the man behind the desk wasn't going to offer her a glass of pumpkin juice. "Professor Styx, could I speak with you for a moment? That is if you aren't terribly busy."

Kalif glanced down at the essays, and muttered, "I'm terribly not busy at the moment." He set the papers aside, and leaned back in his chair. He motioned with his hand for Estrella to take a seat in front of his desk. Kalif said, "I'm sure I can make some time for you. As long as it is a quick matter. Now, what is it exactly?" Kalif grew curious about what this whole matter at hand was about. After all, this was the first time coming to his office.

Not sure whether to be relieved or not, Estrella approached the desk and took a seat. She bit her lip, attempting to maintain eye contact with the man. She didn't want to come off as rude after all. After taking a few moments to compose herself, she started quietly, "There was this man I met at the Hog's Head. His name was- Hades." The Head Girl stopped there, gauging what the professor's reaction would be. She tried to shove off her guilt, but it just kept bouncing back.

Kalif gave her an odd look for a moment, before smirking slightly, "Hades Lutrov. Has Jaken's eyes, pasty white skin, and looks like the Styx family. I've heard that you have met my oldest son." Kalif folded his arms on the table, one on top of the other. He peered at her and mused, "Did it ever occur to you to not talk to strangers? You will never know if one is dangerous or not." Kalif tapped his gloved fingers against his arm. His expression went back to vacant and cold, "Is this the matter you were coming to me with?"

Estrella's hands had fallen into her lap. She twiddled her thumbs a bit as she took in Kalif's response. Confusion slipped onto her face like hot butter on a muffin. Bringing her thumbs to a stop, she stared back at the man. "I didn't know his last name," she said quietly, "But yes. That was him." Her lips morphed into a subtle frown. A million different questions were pounding through her head, all fighting to be first in line.

Shifting in her seat, she hung her head a bit. She knew that telling so much to Hades had been stupid, but her curiosity had taken her hostage. Just as it was now. Her expression quickly turning from ashamed to inquisitive, she commented, "Jaken doesn't know, does he?" This was precisely the reason she had turned to Professor Styx instead. She sorely wanted to be a smartass but knew that this was not the time or place, and simply nodded. Hopefully she would be able to leave with some answers.

Kalif dismissed her first comment. He waved his hand at the door, and it closed. Kalif released a sigh, and he shook his head, "No, Jaken does not know." Kalif added, "And I prefer it stays that way." Kalif had his reasons, for Hades was a Death Eater in training, and he knew how Jaken felt about people like that. Best to keep it all hidden until time comes. And he did not wish to tell Estrella that. Kalif did not see a reason to reveal this to anyone. Namina would have wanted it out in the open. Something Kalif is doing the opposite.

Estrella glanced over her shoulder as the door latched with a click. She had already decided on her cover story- that she needed some help deciding what exactly to study for her NEWT. It wasn't unlike a Ravenclaw to be prepared ages ahead of time. Her mouth remained dead set in a frown as she looked back at Professor Styx. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, biting her lip. The seventeen year old didn't converse with Jaken too much- schoolwork was already keeping them more than occupied- but she knew that this was not going to settle well with her at all. She did agree that Jaken should hear something like this from his father, and not her. Hopefully it wouldn't blow up in her face.

If she had to keep secrets, Estrella resolved to try and find out a few things. She at least deserved to know a bit more about the situation, right? Leaning in, she started softly, "I must ask why. Why doesn't Jaken know that he has a brother? Do he and Hades have different mothers?" Her goal was to get somewhere and not be pushed out the door as a nosy prat.

Kalif narrowed his eyes and shook his head. Different mothers, that would be absurd! He was a respectable man and would never cheat. Kalif was raised better than that. "It'd very difficult to explain. No, they had the same mothers. I wouldn't have minded Jaken knowing a long time ago, but not now. And that is all you need to know." Kalif could not believe that she had told a complete stranger what she knew. Kalif released a sigh and continued, "Why are you so curious about a family's issues that has no concern of yours? Unless you fear for Jaken's safety." Kalif's expression was utterly serious, as he continued to make stern eye contact.

Estrella's lip pursed as Professor Styx was quick to end her inquiries. It was obvious that she wasn't going to get any further. Leaning against the back of her chair, she was careful to keep the man's gaze. The fact that he didn't seem to want any of his children to know about Hades was more than a bit bothersome. The seventeen year old knew from experience that it was infuriating not to be told that you had more siblings out in the world. She bit at her lip as she attempted to string the right words together. "Well, that too." Her jaw taut, she added sourly, "If I'm going to be expected to keep a secret like that from someone that I'm close to, I'm inclined to be curious." Lying to Jaken- because in the end, it really was lying- was not a thrilling prospect for the Ravenclaw at all.

Kalif knew of Hades's loyalties, which quite frankly, Kalif had hoped for Jaken's to follow down that path as well. Apparently, it wasn't going to happen, and the father had gotten over it. Kalif shook his head. Why do things must end up so complicated? Kalif couldn't tell her what Hades was, it would be rather idiotic. Kalif murmured, "If only..." He narrowed his eyes at Estrella and warned, "Don't have that tone in this office, for it isn't my fault that someone got a litte friendly with strangers. I'm not telling you to lie to him. If he asks, then by all means. His reaction though, I can't promise will be pleasant." Kalif smirked slightly. Though the Head Girl was in quite the situation, Kalif could not be held responsible for any of this. After all, Kalif assumed that Hades would stick around Russia for a while, rather than come here.

A frown morphed Estrella's lips as she kept eye contact. She was clearly not amused. The brunette had to use every bit of her will to keep a retort that was equally as sassy from rolling off her tongue. Albeit being a bit irritated by the whole situation, she still kept her wits about her. She hadn't come in here to lower her grades or end up in detention after all. Arguing that she didn't think she was carrying 'that tone' probably wouldn't help her situation either.

With a sigh, she rose from her seat. She picked up her backpack, slipping her arms through the straps and readjusting the heavy bag as she spoke. "I think I would be able to take care of myself through any reaction." Bringing her hands to her sides, she continued, "I am not going to tell him. That is something that should come from someone like his father," her gaze centered on Professor Styx, "Not from his- well, not me." She had to catch herself from saying girlfriend. She wasn't certain what she was at this point. "I apologize for behaving foolishly. I wanted to make certain that I had not thrown anyone in harm's way."

"I appreciate the time you have given to speak with me," Estrella finally added, giving a grateful nod to Professor Styx. "I will not take any more of it." The Head Girl felt that she had not accomplished much. She had removed one burden, only to take on another. Estrella's jaw was taut as she waited for the Herbology professor to dismiss her.

Kalif smirked just a bit more, when she said that she could handle any reaction. Women, he would never understand them. Kailie was difficult enough for him. Kalif stated coolly, "No one will be put in harm's way. Not while I am around." He actually sounded like a caring figure, though it only counted for family, not for anyone else. Kalif could care less about the majority of humanity, let alone the students here. With a wave of his hand, the door opened. Kalif murmured, "It's a pleasure, I'm sure." Kalif smirked a bit, making sure that his mocking tone was successfully hidden.

Estrella nodded politely to Professor Styx. Having nothing else to say, she turned her back on him and slipped out of the already opened door. The whole meeting left her with a sour taste in her mouth. Although she had gone with the intent to put Hades behind her, she had a feeling he was going to haunt her thoughts for the rest of her term. Once she was away from the Greenhouses she quickly put one foot in front of the other, charging back to the castle in powerful strides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back