A Date Down San Francisco Lane

Ferb Galliga

OOC First Name
Scott (Ferby)
Wand
Alder Wand 13 3/4" Essence of Dragon Heartstring
San_Francisco_Market_Street_between_4th_and_5th_St.jpg

Ferb took the elevator to the bottom floor of the apartment building and waited outside in the San Francisco heat for Epiphany. He was dressed quite casually for the occasion and hoped Epiphany wouldn't be overdressed so they wouldn't make a scene.

The couple had met yesterday morning in an elevator ride where Ferb had managed to get her number after he found her amazing to talk to. His first impression was that she was quite stuck-up and not social at all but that changed entirely as he got to know her more often. The same day they had shared a phone call which resulted in Ferb coming to see her in her apartment. One thing led to another and they had ended up making out on her couch. Ferb was smart enough to resist the urge to continue but knew he wouldn't be allowed to by law. And now he was waiting for her.

This wouldn't be the first time he had felt about someone like this but Epiphany was definitely someone special. He almost wish he wasn't planning on moving to New Zealand for schooling but he had to for his exams. He was already missing valuable revision time as it was. He casually checked his watch. 11:33AM. He had phoned her and told her that he'd be waiting outside for her so she definitely notified that he was ready for their date.

He had high expectations for the event. He had made quite an impression last night and hoped that would pathe the way to their possible future but he figured that he would have to see where this leads them before thinking about their future.

Epiphany had been quite excited. It wasn't often she got the chance to interact with normal people. She found them adorable and the most cutest of them all was Ferb who was proving to be more and more fun by the second. Epiphany made sure that her curls where perfect and the outfit she chose calling but not overly so because this was one time she didn't want to overly stand out. With a dash of lipstick in a deep red she made her way down to the lobby where she was to meet her date.

The night before played in her head as she took the elevator down from the ninth floor. They had almost gone to a place where she knew they hadn't been before Epiphany had been invaded by a thought of Luthor but that had been more anger filled. This was different. Epiphany allowed herself a tiny squeak and a smile. She wanted nothing else than to spend the day with Ferb who seemed more than happy to return her affections.

She reached the bottom floor soon enough and she nearly burst out wrapping her arms around Ferb when she got to him. "Hope you haven't been waiting long cutie." She said kissing his cheek then walking towards the door. She was eager to get the day going. She also had high expectations for this date considering there was just so much electricity going on between them.

Ferb was greeted by a very nicely dressed woman that he was expecting. He let out a big grin when he saw her again. Not only was he happy to see her but he wanted to spend the whole day with. It reminded him of a movie he watched called There's something about Mary. He wouldn't say he was in love with her but it was pretty damn close. There was definitely a spark.

He was greeted by a kiss on the cheek and a hug but Ferb wasn't going to let that reflect the affection they shared with each other the previous night. He smiled and slowly wrapped his arms around Epiphany, pull her slightly closer to him, embracing her. His height compared to hers weren't so much of a difference which comforted him. "Not long at all". He looked into her eyes and stroked her right cheek as he smiled. The timing was right, the setting was right and the opportunity was right. Slowly, he leaned in for a kiss.

It had been a long time since Ferb was in a committed relationship but he was only 16 so it wasn't a problem. He'd have many girlfriends through his school days but none that he could share everything with and only a handful of them came close to sharing the connection that the pair had now. He hoped this feeling lasted forever.

Epiphany blushed softly when he caressed her cheek and leaned in when he kissed her relishing the emotions that passed through them. She ran her hands down over his chest then pushed softly as pulled away slightly. "Now you stop that or lunch is going to turn into dinner." She said. A slight mischievous glitter passed through her eyes making no move leave his arms.

She was quite comfortable there, it bought back not quite memories for a time when her life wasn't the whirlwind of malice and hate that had twisted her so. Of a time before the glitch pushed at the back of her skull demanding dark deeds for it to settle. She leaned up and gave him an extra kiss on the lips before pulling away all together and leading towards the door.

"San Francisco awaits." She said smiling brightly at him. She knew she was going to end up in his arms again sometime during the day but for now it would make it a bit hard to walk. Epiphany noted that her glitch was quiet at a time when she usually heard it screaming. This was the reason she had never been able to get close to anyone. It was odd but something that she was very happy about.

Ferb smiled. It was comforting to know that she was as happy with him than he was with her. Allowing her to pull away, he followed briefly behind her as he looked her over. She looked so elegant and perfect in everyway. Ferb questioned his feelings towards her, however. Was this the right girl for him? Was she all that she seemed? What about when he moves, what then? But today was for them and he wasn't going to let a few stupid thoughts slow it down.

He caught up with Epiphany just in time to see a taxi drive up to the building. He had enough cash for a taxi ride there. He whistled with his teeth, summoning the taxi to them both. "Want to get a cab?", he asked. They were perfect walking distance of where they wanted to go to but he called it anyway just in case Epiphany didn't want to walk.

Epiphany knew now that she was keeping Ferb around longer. She liked him that much. If he did end up going to Hogwarts New Zealand she was going to bombard him with letters. She thought for a moment what she was going to do to entertain herself while he was way. She decided that there was always her old hobby. Her dagger needed some air anyway. When he caught with her Epiphany wrapped her arms around one of his and placed her head on his shoulder beaming up at him.

"You're really thoughtful Ferby. We might as well since the taxi's all ready here." She said giving the driver the biggest smile before opening the back seat and stepping in and waiting for Ferb to get in. She was grateful really, the heels of her boots would have gotten uncomfortable early on had they walked to the place where Ferb was taking them. She grabbed on to his arm again smiled brightly. "I never asked but what was your other school like?" She asked making conversation now.

Ferb smiled and hopped into the back seat along with Epiphany. He turned to the driver and said, "Union Square, please and henceforth the taxi went. But he then turned his attention to the question at hand. He couldn't tell her what it was like in front of the taxi driver or he would get in trouble so he had to tweak his words a little.

"It was good. It's only 19 years old. I was a member of the school's soccer team, striker. But that ended when I moved back home". He smiled. He slid himself closer to her as the car stopped at a red light. He wrapped his right hand around hers and kept eye contact throughout the conversation.

Epiphany looked to the side with a frown. "I thought the privet school would be older. I must have read the pamphlet wrong." She commented airly showing that she knew what he was talking about. "Oh soccer! You know I've never really been the cheerleader type but I can certainly see myself cheering for you." She said brightly. It was true to a degree but that was because she had never had the chance to cheer for anyone while she had been at school. She had been to busy being the one that people cheered for.

She watched the streets go by and suddenly had a thought. "Do you think if today goes well we can go to pier 39? I've heard good things about the place and it would be fun." She said thinking about what the person she had talked to had told her. Epiphany wanted to get to know the place she would be centered in for a while as well as spend more time with Ferb outside of today. She had him now and wasn't about to let go that easy.

How cute, Ferb almost blushed. "Aww, thanks". He squeezed her hand gently as an alternative to kissing. He thought that may be a bit awkward if he kept kissing her because of last night but that wouldn't stop him from having a great time with her.

Pier 39? Ferb remembered it as his family had taken a boat ride somewhat past it but didn't know much about it. He had spent his young life in Canada attending school so San Francisco was a complete new world to him when he returned. He too was curious. "Yeah that's a great idea actually. Maybe we could do it this weekend", he was Thursday, "Tomorrow I just feel like sitting at home and practising my penmanship". He had hoped he got the message across to Epiphany just as he intended. "You're more than welcome to come over tomorrow if you want". He smiled. His voice began to get a little more soft as he spoke, "We could order some pizza, rent a movie, maybe cuddle on the couch". He chuckled a little at the thought of it.

Things were certainly moving quickly in their relationship.

Epiphany giggled then nuzzled him and placed a soft peck on his lips keeping the tension in alive but not too much. She liked having contact with Ferb like this. It was cute and she actually felt calm.

Epiphany had never seen the ocean before so she was eager to see it and now it would be even more special she was going to see it with someone that seemed to be starting to care a lot for her. She beamed pure sunshine when he said that he wanted to practice him penmanship tomorrow. "Movies? You mean on a Television?" She asked keeping her voice low. The wonder was clear in her eyes as if a bit confused about what he was talking about. She had never seen a movie not even in theaters and the subject had never come up in the few conversations that she had been involved in. She looked forward to spending time with him all the same.

Fast though it might be Epiphany hopped that they would last a while this way even when they just messaging each other.

Ferb only gave a slight nod. He loved muggle things like the TV, the phone, the Internet and even muggle sports. He would try to refrain from using magic in his apartment so he could use them without dysfunction due to magic. If he wanted to practise magic he would do it at school or if he needed to do it whilst on vacation or at home he would go into the basement where no one would be and try it. He'd lock the door from the inside, turn off all sources of electricity and practise small spells.

He would have to see how the date went before making plans for tomorrow. He could tell that it would go well but it was best to go along with the moment and not worry about the future.

Epiphany grinned wide. She was for some reason looking forward to it even though most muggle things made her shudder. It had taken her a while to get used to cars and that was only because she realized that she couldn't floo everywhere. Any electronics that she had where older so that they didn't counter act with her magic. The taxi slowed and she saw that they where at a street that she hadn't passed through.

The driver announces that they've arrived and Epiphany let go of Ferb's arm. She knew she was being slightly clingy but she had always been slightly cuddly at least now she was sure that she wasn't going to be pushed away.

Ferb opened the door and hopped out the taxi with a spring. He then turned and offered his hand to Epiphany to help her out without falling. After she successfully got out, he then turned his attention to the driver. Once he was paid, the cab drove off.

Turning his attention back to Epiphany, he took her by the hand and began walking in the direction of the bakery. "So now we're out in public and cloaked by the city life. Have you never used a TV before?", he asked in a surprised tone. He wasn't used to being with wizards who had no connection with technology but that was because he was brought up with it and because of that he never was good at magic and that's why he loved school. It gave him a taste of both magic and the muggle life.

Epiphany nodded as she took his hand. "That's right. My upbringing was a bit sheltered. I've learned a few things recently but I still listen to the Wireless for entertainment. That or look through the gossip column in the Daily Prophet." She said giggling softly. She found the whole celebrity scandal thing funny especially since she knew someone that made that particular section every other week.

"It will be a learning experience though so I'm looking forward to seeing a TV." She said looking up. Muggle things where not of that much interest to her but it got her time with Ferb and it could be interesting "I can show show you some of the things that I've gotten from a friend I have in Japan. I was there a couple of months ago and I liked it. The rules are so different there it's insane!" She said excitedly. No one walking by would know that what she was talking about was magical which was how she fashioned her word most of the time since she started traveling.

Ferb sound it impressive how Epiphany had travelled so much that she even went to Japan. "Ooh, what things do you have exactly?". Japan was very well known for having very advanced technology so Ferb was interested to see what she had brought back from her adventures.

They were getting ever so close to this bakery and it was in sight. He could normally smell the delicious scent of the baked bread & the pastries but today he couldn't. Squinting his vision, he noticed no lights on inside and the usual sign wasn't out to invite customers in. This wasn't good. If it was closed then their date would be ruined and Ferb didn't want that.

Epiphany beamed. "My phone is one of them. It's a really a mirror but the spells on it make it so that it works like a muggle smartphone. It's like they are trying more to blend muggle tech with the wizarding world." She said not giving away too much. She thought of what she could to with things like that, just for fun nothing too extravagant. Extravagance was her life after all and she very often go board with everything around her. Ferb was new and shiny, their thunder strike relationship something that she could explore.

She closed her eyes as she took in the smells of the fresh bread but she quickly realized what was wrong. "Are we too late?" She asked as she looked around for a sign that would tell them which times they where open. It was a week day so they wouldn't be closed in the morning, too many business people who needed their coffee in the morning so it would be a bad idea. She frowned looking up at Ferb.

Ferb let go of Epiphany and lightly jogged to the bakery window to find his assumption was right, it was closed. A note had been placed on the window that read We have closed for the day due to an emergency. Sorry for any inconvenience x. This really annoyed Ferb. He just wanted to have a nice day with Epiphany and get to know her more but it was closed. His blood boiled with anger as he was tempted to kick something. But he was smart enough to contain his anger and it soon disappeared once Epiphany had caught up with him. There was something about her that cooled him down a lot. Something about her that made him smile whenever he saw her. It was comforting to know someone like that existed.

"Closed. There goes our food, I guess", he spoke in a depressed tone.

Epiphany would have be starting the world's biggest tantrum over this but his tone made her stop. She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Maybe we can find another place near China Town. That way we have a bit of tea too." She said with a large grin. She didn't like to see him sad she found. She took his hand again and nodded away. She was sure she would be able to find her way from here now that that she knew what street they where on. Even through she had had her head on his shoulder she had been paying attention to where they where going.

Ferb laughed it off. "Alright missy. You lead the way". He held Epiphany close to himself as he followed her lead. "So what about your parents? I noticed you don't live with them", he asked. Ferb didn't live with his because his mother became depressed after their father's death and wasn't like she used to be. So Ferb & his two brothers moved out the first chance they got. He wondered what Epiphany's story would be.

Epiphany started walking in the direction of China Town, more accurately the red gate that marked the start of it. She kept close to Ferb though wanting to stay in his presence at all times. "There's not much to say except the woe is the poor little rich girl story. My father is a business man who travels a lot. Part of me think's I'll be getting a new mother soon not that I like this one much to start with. Oh yeah I should mention that my father and birth mother are divorced and my birth mother is off with her new family. For the longest time it's just been me in the Manor so I decided to start traveling too. Father isn't around to tell me no and his wife has no rule over me and she knows it." She said. It was pretty close to the truth and it was nice to have someone who didn't know that she was involved with the Silverback family.

The family had been in the whispers of Wizarding New Zealand for a while and Epiphany knew that she would get no where if she had stayed there. She was happy to keep moving even if it was only to find her sister which Eden had seen as an excuse to get rid of her. Though with Ferb needing to know where she was she saw that she was going to have to say in the U.S for a while.

Ferb took this as a chance. He had reconsidered moving to New Zealand because he didn't want to be away from Epiphany but if she was willing, maybe she would come with him. It was a slim chance as he would be asking her to move away from the lifestyle she had here but it was a possibility. "Oh that's sad. Shame no one's around to be with you". He tugged Epiphany closer to show that he was there with her. He didn't want her to forget him and their time together.

"You get used to being alone really. And develop hobbies. I also have you here now so that's good." She said bumping her hip against his before breaking away from his arm and walking away from him just slightly. Epiphany had left her hair half down today so she was sure that he couldn't see the black butterfly tattooed along the base of her neck. She had done it one day on a whim and wanting to put her symbol somewhere on her body.

She found the red gate that lead to China Town walked over to one of the stone lions that sat on either side Epiphany looked left then right then took out her wand and tapped the tree to the right of the lion. A stone apple started to grow one the lowest branch. she plucked it and placed it in the mouth of the lion. The lion bit down on the apple then the arch and street behind it started to change. "Well look at that it worked."

Ferb looked amazed at how magic was able to hide itself so easily in a well populated area. "Yeah...". He looked in at the pathway before him. It was filled with wizards and witches of all ages walking around as normal as anyone would be. Without thinking about Epiphany, his curiosity got the better of him as he wandered forward. He took a good look at what the place had to offer and it amazed him. "Ain't this just wonderful?", he asked but then realising he had wandered off from Epiphany and chuckled when he found her.

Epiphany giggled and took in the sites as well. The shops where those similar to those that had been in the muggle street but instead of selling muggle curios they sold the normal wizard wears, if that wizard where to hail from China. "Glad to see you found you're way back to me." She giggled as she held on to his arm again and started to look around herself she had never been here before herself so to have that particular trick work was something she would have to thank her friend for. She looked over at the stand at one of the shops with curiosity. They where pendents and earrings with insects set in opaque amber. "Well that's something you don't see everyday."

Ferb took a deep breath as he could smell the exoctic ordors of the chinese culture. He was especially impressed with the items that Epiphany had pointed out. "Wow...". He chuckled at how speechless he was over the matter. He had visited magical places before but this one was entirely like nothing he had ever seen.

He could feel himself lose focus on the date and more on his surroundings. He took in every part of what he could see. It was truly fascinating for him to see the Chinese culture in the wizarding world. He then turned his attention back to Epiphany. "Huh? Did you say something?", he asked confusingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back